A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+25
lost shadow
tyler oakley
Jordan
Lila Noel
WolfGirl
Mason
Arcas
Nemesis
SonofChaos
Four
I<3MyBrit
Mango
Charles The Third
Dorkette
Wisey
Canadiangirl
Shade
Steve Rogers
magnetonrobo
Cheesepuff
Aves
Bella the Rabbit
Aisling Blaise
Kendall
Aze Cluzt
29 posters

the river lethe

WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5164
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

the river lethe - Page 6 Empty Re: the river lethe

Post by WolfGirl 5/21/2012, 7:21 am

Theo squeezed Sinder's hand, keeping his eyes on Lethe. He was wary of the goddess, but he didn't view her as a threat. She was Sinder's mother, so that gave them some protection although it did not guarantee safety. Since it was his fault that Alex had died the first time there was the chance that she'd just blast him or something. Maybe wipe his memory too... but he hoped it wouldn't come to that.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 5/21/2012, 3:06 pm

Lethe's eyes darted between Theo and Sinder, tempted for a moment to grab Theo and pull him into the river, but that thought passed. She sighed, slowly shaking her head. "If I could, I would, Sinder, but there are two things stopping me. One is my Lord Hades has forbidden me to return the memories of a soul's past life. The second is that I have tried to retrieve memories before, but I find only small ones -- fragile, easily forgotten, and sometimes I can't identify who's it is. I am goddess of a river of forgetfulness, but I have no power to fully return memories."

Post by Guest 5/21/2012, 3:19 pm

I stare at the ground sadly. "Is there any other way?" I beg her. I wanted to know so many things about my past. How did I die? How did I meet Theo? The little flashes of memory don't give much away to me. Only little bits at a time. Even then, they are sad memories. "Please." I say, my voice barely above a whisper.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 5/21/2012, 3:19 pm

"Could you at least try?" Theo asked, not meaning to sound rude but probably rubbing off that way. Whatever. He'd never been tactful when it came to adults and Lethe being a powerful goddess didn't help matters. He was blunt by nature anyway and no matter how he tried to disguise it, that's how he came out. No helping matters. He looked defiantly at her. "Please," he said, looking from the goddess to Sinder and back again.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/21/2012, 4:25 pm

Lethe sighed, scooping up some water into her hand. Staring at it for a moment, she tossed it back into the river. "Not yours...." She repeated this action several times, and after the seventh shook her head as she threw the handful of water back into the river. "This will take much more time than you think, Sinder. Perhaps I might find something by your Olympus trip. I will be there -- if I find anything, I will give it to you there. There's only a small chance of that, however, and I don't think Hades will take to it kindly if I give any memories back. The only goddess -- Titaness, more accurately -- I know of that can give memories back is Mnemosyne, but even she would think getting a reborn soul's memories back is futile. I'm sorry, to both of you. Talk to your, ah, friend more and maybe he'll manage to tell you about them."
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 5/21/2012, 4:31 pm

Theo smirked slightly when she hovered over using the word 'friend' to describe his relationship to Sinder/Alex. A handful at a time, eh? Well, too bad it'd take forever and a day to do that. Sinder's memory loss problem was fairly recent however, so it's not like hers would be the dead last one she ran across. With a little luck, she'd run across them. Maybe. Only time would tell for certain, but he'd learned that time was all there was. Time was limited for him though for he knew that the next time he ran into any coppers, it could very well be his last. It was for that reason alone, that he was in a rush. But - hey - she was right. He could at least fill her in on what had happened to her while she was with him. He knew only part of Alex's back story, but he could tell her what he knew. "Thanks," he said, somewhat warily. He didn't quite trust the goddess, but she seemed nice.

Post by Guest 5/21/2012, 8:01 pm

I turn around and hang my head. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, but I rebuked making more. 'Fine. Thanks anyways.' I tell her, my voice choked up.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 5/21/2012, 8:04 pm

"Ah beautiful," Theo moaned, wrapping his arms around Sinder. He bent down and wiped her tears away. "Don't cry," he whispered. "I promise, I'll think of something. I'll help you bring them back." He looked earnestly into her dark eyes, searching them for what he knew not. But he wanted her to know that as Sinder or Alex, he still cared for her.

Post by Guest 5/21/2012, 8:08 pm

I force myself not to look into his eyes. I push him away from me, and start walking back to the gate. I stop halfway, and look back at my mom and Theo. All I wanted was to know simple info, but no one was capable of supplying it.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 5/21/2012, 8:10 pm

"Sinder," Theo called desperately. Gods, he couldn't lose her now. He turned his back on Lethe and jogged after her. Don't leave me now, he thought wildly. Gods, not now.

Post by Guest 5/21/2012, 8:13 pm

(sin) I look at Theo. 'I....I can't love you if I don't know why I did. That is all I want to know.' I shake my head sadly, and run off, back towards camp.
    WolfGirl
    WolfGirl
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by WolfGirl 5/21/2012, 8:19 pm

"You think I care about that?" Theo yelled. "Sinder, I don't care what you feel about me!" Great, now he felt like a total b******. "Sin, please," he called. But she was gone. With a sigh of defeat, he skidded to a stop. What was the point? Why keep chasing after her? Because, he thought bitterly, watching her run off. No matter what's happened to you, I'll always love you. And then, more painfully, Even if you never love me again. No. Such thoughts were useless at present. Bracing himself for a whatever he had coming to him, he ran after her. "Sin!"

the river lethe - Page 6 Empty Lethe

Post by Guest 11/9/2012, 8:50 pm

I floated in. "Hello, Lethe."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/10/2012, 11:16 am

Lethe tilted her head at Anastasia, folding her arms across her chest. "Yes?"

Post by Guest 11/10/2012, 11:24 am

"May i please be reborn?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/10/2012, 11:28 am

"Jump right in." Lethe didn't really care if people asked permission or not anymore; people liked to get reborn a lot, nowadays. She sank back into the water and disappeared from view.

Post by Guest 11/10/2012, 11:33 am

I let myself fall in, and lose everything but try to hold on to one last thing.
    Lila Noel
    Lila Noel

Female
    Number of posts : 321
    Registration date : 2012-01-20

Post by Lila Noel 11/23/2012, 7:43 pm

I walk in and ask, " may I be reborn? If so how does it all work? How will I remember someone?"
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142

Post by Jordan 11/23/2012, 7:49 pm

Lethe rose from the flowing waters. She had long dark hair and a gown that flowed like her river. "So you wish to be reborn? It's an easy process, come into the water, drink and relax the water will wash away everything from this life." The goddess said sweetly, "You won't remember a thing. Maybe flashes here and there, but I am known as the goddess of oblivion for a reason."
    Lila Noel
    Lila Noel

Female

Post by Lila Noel 11/23/2012, 7:52 pm

I hesitate then nod slightly and say " I'll jump in, but is there anyway I can tell who I'll be reborn as?
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/23/2012, 7:55 pm

The goddess shook her head, "No. You won't even be aware of your rebirth." The goddess said her voice alluring. "Come into the water." She whispered, offering the girl her hand.
    Lila Noel
    Lila Noel

Female

Post by Lila Noel 11/23/2012, 7:58 pm

I grabed her hand and slowly sank in.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/23/2012, 8:00 pm

Lethe smiled sweetly as her waters washed away Carly's essence.
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female
    Number of posts : 2441
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by tyler oakley 11/24/2012, 11:11 am

Alia floated in from the judgement place. "Hello," she said to the pretty lady. "May I be reborn?"
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/24/2012, 11:59 am

Lethe glanced up and smiled, "you may." She said turning to face the girl. "Come into the water." She beckoned, offering her hand, "you will reach your new body soon."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 6:25 am