A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+23
Blaze
daddeme
Kat315
Not Matt Smith
Wisey
Aves
magnetonrobo
WolfGirl
Dez the Soul Reaver
Lady Arbitrary
xXSpiritXx
Tyrannic
mabel pines
BlackHawk
Kendall
Mason
Samrenango
nix
honey
Crazy
Stormageddon
Steve Rogers
Nemesis
27 posters

Central Park, New York

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Central Park, New York - Page 41 Empty Re: Central Park, New York

Post by Jordan 9/12/2012, 7:18 pm

I smiled and jogged back to Camp.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Post by Nemesis 5/11/2013, 10:43 pm

Lightning sighed as she walked through the city, approaching the park with a decent manner, except people where staring at her as if she was covered in blood. Lightning glared in most of the viewers, she took a wild guess thinking they have never seen a girl with pink hair. Lightning closed her eyes with a grunt of exasperation as she tried to ignore the attention drawn towards her. Lightning noticed she was already in the park, probably side tracked from the attention she was and still was receiving damn new yorkers she thought to herself with yet another grunt of annoyance. Lightning didn't know what to really do and she had long forgotten why she wanted to take a walk in this city, seeing it wasn't giving her any satisfactory benefits, even from walking. Lightning subsided the thoughts as she noticed a particular type of bird that caught her eye, one she had never seen but others might have, she wasn't that big on city environments.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male
    Number of posts : 19601

Post by Daniel 5/11/2013, 11:46 pm

A violent whirl of sand and dirt swiftly appeared. When it had subsided, David had materialized on a small grassy hill in the middle of Central Park; As far as he could tell, no one had noticed his arrival. It had been a while since David had left Camp Half-Blood and the smells associated with city life, which permeated the air, stung at his nostril as he took a deep breath. David stretched and flexed his muscle; the materialization process always had an uncomfortable side effect of leaving his body unbearably sore and achy. He walked down from his elevated vantage point and sat on a bench which he found particularly dingy, but that didn’t matter to him. From his new position, he sat quickly and observed his surroundings. It was just tourists, city dwellers, and a few small critters; nothing that he considered to be interesting. He wished that some stupid monster would try to ambush him or that some group of Roman scouts would spot him and make a huge scene. Anything to rid him of the boredom that had quickly set in.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 5/12/2013, 12:05 am

Lightning had rarely noted of anything of minimum significance, watching that bird was the only think she could list as "interesting" in this boring City. She had not traveled anywhere far from camp in about 7 months she guessed. Lightning noticed a slight drift in the air, a little dust had faded within the second she had seen it. Lightning took another guess and thought it might have been something divine, or a demigod playing around. She stood with a stretch in the anxiousness to find something to do. Light had decided to scan the area for anything that seemed out of humans logical vision. Maybe a monster, even that would be more fun than sitting around watching bird, life of a warrior she guessed.

Lightning had than noticed a familiar figure within 25 yards from her, sitting down on a bench, seemingly uncomfortable. Lightning than realized who it was, it was David, the son of Gaea she had aided in the forest a while back. She then remembered the bloody figure she had seen of him that day, bleeding heavily and looking helpless. Which gave her the memory or their talk, mainly about his mother taking away his immortality and he started to bleed out. Lightning shrugged the thoughts off as it had taken her away from reality and decided she would go talk to him, a conversation is way better than bird watching. Lightning had started to walk, slowly approaching David and then sat next to him "hello stranger" she started with a half smile, remembering Blazer had told her she should smile more if she wanted to have a more spontaneous conversation, though the half smile seemed more forced than natural.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male

Post by Daniel 5/12/2013, 12:39 am

A girl with pink hair of similar height, maybe an inch or two shorter, sat down on the bench with David. She looked and sounded vaguely familiar to David, but he was unable to link her voice and face to a name. “I’m terribly sorry, but, you see, I am unable to remember your name,” He said turning his head towards her returning the smile. “I do, however, know that you’re a demigod. Well I hope you’re a demigod and not just another mortal I met in the past; otherwise, I will just seem like a rambling man in Central Park.” He broke eye contact and looked around the park, still hoping some something interesting to occur. Who was this girl, he strained mentally. He knew they had met before, but was extremely disappointed that his memory had failed him.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 5/12/2013, 12:48 am

Lightning gave a soft chuckle, she could tell his memory was straining to remember her "remember that night in the woods when you where bleeding out?" she had tried to jog his memory, hopefully he remembered her after that or he would have forgotten the one who helped save his life. She kept a half smile on her face. She then replied" and yes, I am a demigod" she said, that would help him remember even quicker. She remembered how he had been intrigued by what she feared, that memory gave her a small unnoticeable shiver but it left goosebumps on her skin.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male

Post by Daniel 5/12/2013, 1:08 am

He thought for a several moments. Bleeding out in the forest? He’d been to the forest in Camp Half-Blood numerous times and had incurred several injuries that had caused him to bleed, but nothing he considered too serious to be described as bleeding out. Never mind he thought to himself. Instead of focusing on the bleeding out, he decided to focus on something else that could possibly lead to her name. His mind frantically searched in a scattered manner. Suddenly the obvious hit him, she had pink hair. That would only result if her hair was absorbing every color of light, but pink. Light. That was the magic thought. “You’re name is Lightning Shock. We first met in the forest of Camp Half-Blood the night I lost my immortality,” He said proud of himself. “So, Lightning, what brings you to New York.”
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 5/12/2013, 1:21 am

Lightning gave a slight smile, this one wasn't forced "correct" she said, nodding her head in approval. She then thought about why she had came to New York, which she herself failed to remember even though it was a short while ago" I honestly forgot, but I know i'm not impressed by this city, most of people keep staring at me like i'm a freak." Lightning spoke, trying to hide the hint of annoyance from the last part, If she was any different she would feel insecure and most likely just hide in embarrassment. Though because she was much different from most girls, she only felt annoyance by the thought.

Lightning discarded that thought to avoid becoming angered "And you?" she asked back, not knowing exactly what David would do in a place like this. New York seemed to busy and fast for her routine, not very peaceful either. Lightning had looked around again, trying to mostly see if she was attracting any more people without intending to, which there where none for the moment. Lightning began to wonder what her brother was doing, she guessed he was either napping or just walking around without any destination in mind. She hadn't spoken to her brother in a while but she didn't worry, he was too stubborn to die, getting hurt she knew he would.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male

Post by Daniel 5/12/2013, 1:50 am

“This city is odd, and that really means something coming from a demigod. Its people will hate find a reason to hate you no matter what you do. Then again, that’s just humans in general. As to why I am in New York. Mostly, I am just here to get away from Camp. It’s was getting pretty dull in my opinion.” He said to Lightning. David noticed that Lightning had looked around multiple times since their conversation had started. “Are you expecting something, Lightning? A friend? A monster? Perhaps a Roman advance scouting party?” He asked, chuckling slightly. To him, Lightning seemed to be here for the same reason. Excitement.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 5/12/2013, 1:57 am

"just any unwanted attraction" Lightning answered simply, it could have meant unwanted attraction from anything, though if she did catch an attention other than David's , she wanted it to be something threatening, the boredom had crossed that point. The camp seemed too old basic to her at times, she looked forward to spars, mainly with Ares kids since there always seemed to be at least one that wanted to fight. Lightning had thought about what David meant by "roman advance scouting parties." it gave her a slight suspicion, but not a negative one" are you expecting any Romans to come and start trouble?" she asked out of the blue, she wasn't very good at handling curiosity and had a mutual relationship with suspicion.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male

Post by Daniel 5/15/2013, 9:39 pm

David had a slight grin on his face. He was amused by the fact that Lightning was on guard; he never worried about anything attacking him, then again, he was pretty powerful. He dropped the thought and changed to the topic of the Romans.
    “I don’t know where the Romans are, but they’re looking for us. I am just assuming they’re using standard military tactics and sending a scouting party ahead of their main force,” he said “I do know that if we don’t do something soon to slow them down, we’ll have a major fight on our hands.”
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 5/15/2013, 9:45 pm

Lightning had felt as if she had missed something, why where the Romans after them" I am sorry, but why are the Romans searching for us, I have not been filled in on Greek affair recently" she asked. Lightning hadn't really been all too deep in what was happening with the Greeks, let alone Romans, She was a Norse demigod stuck in the middle some how. Lightning felt a little out of place by the thought of not knowing those who could be considered an enemy. Lightning realized the time and she stood up, stretching her right arm over her shoulder "it looks like I have to get going, bye" she waved bye to David and left.

Last edited by Phantom Reaver on 6/1/2013, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Gravity
    Gravity

Male
    Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2013-01-08

Post by Gravity 5/15/2013, 10:05 pm

Suzy slowly wandered into the city looking for inspiration for her flute song for the prom. It was kind of like writer's block, but with music. Composer's block. She felt like there was a lot of pressure on her to do good. Achaylia and Lakisha would kill her for 'ruining the prom' if she did bad. And Axcel would think she had no talent and..and...she refused to think about what would happen then. "I have to do this" Suzy whispered to herself as she set down to continue writing music. Everything a to be....well....perfect. Then she decided that it was pointless a ran back to camp.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male

Post by Daniel 6/1/2013, 11:06 pm

David got up off of the bench and dematerialized; heading back to Camp Half-Blood. Lightning had abruptly left and the city didn't fascinate him so there was no point in staying.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Post by mabel pines 7/17/2013, 5:58 pm

Central Park, New York - Page 41 Tumblr_mjeqi5pUmT1qao9b8o2_r1_500
    take me, i'm alive.
    never was a girl with a wicked mind,
    but everything looks better when sun goes down.

vinyl is wandering around central park, her head down and hands in her pockets. she's not sure how she wound up here, honestly; her head was left kind of fuzzy after her encounter with alexander, leaving her to stumble around in a daze. she vaguely remembers climbing into a taxi, mumbling something about new york, and shoving some cash in the dudes direction. she's pretty sure she still has that apartment she rented, has been sending in money every month for the past few years.

(she's been running jobs for the hermes campers, going up to the city to get things people wanted, and she got part of the profit.)

it doesn't make sense, why she's been paying rent when she's got a place to stay now, a place where she can stay for free. but vinyl figures it's best to keep her options open, just in case. in case of what, she doesn't know, but just in case. and, well, vinyl figures that now is as good a time as any to move back in. she's in the city and she's sick of camp, it feels suffocating and she's just felt the need to get out.

so it all makes sense, really, to disappear right now. it's her way, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 7/17/2013, 6:10 pm

David stepped out of the taxi cab that had picked him up and taken him here, the most crowded place he could imagine. He wouldn't call it a city of wonders or beneficial to him, it was just always busy and the locals weren't too nice either. David took a 20 dollar bill he had gotten from one of the patients he had saved, he insisted he did not need to be compensated but the boy was persistent. David waved goodbye to the taxi man and started to walk down the sidewalk. He was headed towards central park in which rumors indicated there where some griffons disguised as gargoyle statues, he wanted to eliminate them do to the amount of patients they gave him and he would constantly have to work over time.

Honestly, David was just exhausted and wanted to get some sleep, but he knew that wouldn't be possible with those monsters attacking the demigods. When he had approached the park he started to scan the area, there where many statues but he saw none of gargoyles. They where not going to be easy to kill if he did find them; Though it was this or collapse from exhausting and which would you choose?, the obvious not something generally honorable.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 7/18/2013, 10:26 am

take me, i'm alive.

it takes vinyl a moment to realize that, crap, she left all of her stuff at camp. mostl the money she saved up, her clothes, everything but what she's wearing, the knife she keeps strapped to her arm and a can of pepper spray.

this was not what she had planned.

not that she had any of this planned, because she didn't. but this just isn't her way, leaving hints and clues and something behind. there was supposed to be nothing, not the slightest trace. when vinyl disappears, she taks everything with her, and she doesn't fancy the idea of going back to get her things - she might be tempted to stay, or she might she alexander (a shudder runs down her spine, her vision goes fuzzy), or she might tell someone where she's going. and none of those things can happen, because she can't stay at camp, not like this.

(a voice in the back of her mind whispers 'not while alexander is there, not while he has so much influence over your emotions.' vinyl ignores it in favour of kicking a rock so hard it scratches the paint on a car.)

Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 7/19/2013, 6:44 pm

David stopped walking when he heard a faint sound from where he stood, he was about to investigate the noise but then he realized it was the sound of something hitting metal. It's not that the sound wasn't worthy of his reasons for coming to New York, but the sound wasn't loud enough to be of his concern, funny how he could hear that small sound over the chats of the huge crowds and cars honking . He knew his hearing wasn't crazy good, when he put that and the faint sound together he realized that the cause of the sound was closer to him than he thought. He turned on his heel to see more civilians, and a rather... irritable looking girl. he then saw the motions that she had made, when she retracted her foot from its previous position. Did she make that sound?, she didn't seem to exactly fit in with the rest of the crowd here strangely, normally the people here would just move on and ignore others a lot, a bit rude if you asked him. The girl looked to be at least 17, though he could be wrong seeing many people normally looked older or younger than their actual age.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 8/5/2013, 11:27 am

take me, i'm alive.

vinyl huffs before sitting down on a bench, her arms crossed over her chest. she's got her general pissed off expression, and it seems to be doing enough to drive people away.

there was a boy who seemed to be looking at her, and she sneered at him and shot him a glare. she knows she shouldn't let this get to her, never has before, but she's just. right now it feels like her blood is boiling, her skin is crawling, and she feels like such an idiot because how could she mess up like that?

Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 9/15/2013, 12:37 pm

David sighed as he continued his search for the gargoyle statues that might seem to "blend in" with the buildings and such, non-suspecting demigod strolling through New York appears to be hit by a car but it actually snatched up by a gargoyle, too many times has he heard of that before. The patients friends telling him the incoherent mumbles of civilians they had managed to make out for some research information. David actually didn't really want to kill these gargoyles, Though the amount of surviving patience they brought in was starting to get to him.

David was mainly sticking to the roof tops visual wise, since that is where they are suppose to be, also balconies, couldn't forget balconies. There aren't a lot of balconies in New York but there where a couple on rather big houses, they looked like manors owned by either rich or very wealthy people. He had never been wealthy in his life, just enough to survive and a little entertainment fund afterwards. It boggled him, the fact that there where so many people in this world that where wealthy, but never gave to the lowest classes, the homeless. He would give to them and he barely had anything to give, and that showed something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 9:09 pm