A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Perca
Zachary
Morgan Landry
7 posters

Morgan's bunk

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Morgan's bunk - Page 3 Empty Re: Morgan's bunk

Post by Morgan Landry 6/3/2014, 8:44 pm

"Why would I invite you, you always ruin all the fun," I teased him then patted his shoulder with a frank smile which completely denied what I had just said.

Moving my way past some poison ivy back to my bunk, I opened the paper and immediately recognized the symbol, a vertical line with two horizontal lines at the middle.

"That's Luis," I said. "It's an ogham, the ogham of Rowan. It symbolizes instinctive knowledge, protection and all that stuff. Where did you find it?" I inquired as a veil of glistening green Mist shivered in the cabin, sending silky shimmers through the air.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Post by Holly 6/3/2014, 8:56 pm

I chuckled at the teasing and looked around her cabin and ten back to her. "In a book, this book in fact" I grinned and pulled a small leather bound book from my other pocket and ham it to her. "Here, take a look. It's written in Latin" I smirked and rubbed my arm, yawning slightly. I hadn't slept the night beforeC I actually almost never slept. I just had too much to do, so little free time.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/4/2014, 5:50 am

"Latin?" I asked. "Eww."

I pretended to hate Latin, but in fact, I loved it. I just had grown some dislike to it because I had had a weird, not-very-motivating teachers; though I absolutely adored ancient scriptures, my favorites being Ancient Greek, Runes and Oghams. Taking the book, I looked at the cover; it was so old the Middle-Age inscriptions of the title had faded away, leaving only a couple of disparate letters. The yellow paper squeaked as I browsed through it; I could read Latin but not always understand it, I had some issues with declinations and past tenses. It was illustrated with various diagrams and images, but I had understood what it was.

"This is an alchemy book," I told him. "Was it in the Athena cabin?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/4/2014, 11:51 am

I nod "yeah, it was over in one of the bookshelves" Intold her with a small smile wham I heard the word alchemy. I loved alchemy, and had tried several times to turn base metal and lead into gold, but unfortunately it never worked. "So. What can you make of it? Would the alchemy actually work?" I asked quickly as I placed my elbows on my knees and hands on my face as I stared, excited to know more about this book.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/4/2014, 4:58 pm

"Sounds like I should visit the Athena cabin," I smirked, browsing through the book. "As for if it would work... Difficult to say. These diagrams, I know them, they're in one of my books in my, um, private room."

I had a private room under the bunk bed I shared with Quinn where I stored my books, my potions and other magic/potentially dangerous items.

"I have an alchemy book there, I can show you if you wish."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/4/2014, 5:02 pm

My hazel eyes lit up when I heard she had an alchemy book and I nodded, wishing to know as much as I could about this process. Who knows, if the touch of king Midas could turn people and anything to gold, then there had to be a science possibl to duplicate the effect.

"That would be great!" I told the German girl as I stood up from her bunk and stuck t hands back into my deep pockets.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/6/2014, 2:51 am

"You know, alchemy is not only about turning stuff to gold," I told him as I pushed my trunk away to reveal a wooden trapdoor in the floor of the cabin.

Opening the trapdoor, I stepped down with a rope ladder to a small cave arranged into a room. Wooden shelves coated the walls, stalactites formed like a curtain over a small tunnel in the back and there was a little pool of water. In the middle of the room was a fireplace and small table still supporting last night's ingredients that I used: ἀργυρóποα, adder's tongue, lace wood, acorn...

"Woopsie, it's a bit of a mess down here," I chuckled, walking past a shelf filled with bocals and vials containing different substances and potions.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/7/2014, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/6/2014, 3:15 am

I followed her down the rope ladder into her hidden room and held in my gasp of amazement. The place was really cool, and I could spend hours inside of the underground structure just exploring the materials an literature the European girl kept within the sanctuary. I kept my calm though and remembered my fathers words on not touching anything when in another's room...or in this case secret underground magical shop place.

Tilting my head to the side to stretch my neck I couldn't help but notice the ingredients on her table, which I approached and stared upon it. I couldn't help but feel like in some sort of fantasy game, or an rpg-whereas I was a main character exploring some underground tunnel in search of magical materials for a quest. Then a chuckle came to my ears and I looked up at her.

"T...that's alright, I don't mind a little mess" I told her, stuttering a little.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2014, 9:59 am

"You look fascinated," I chuckled, his surprised expression amusing.

I stepped closer and looked around at the shelves. "Want a little tour of Morgan's Treasure Cave?"

OOC: Shoooooort.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/7/2014, 10:29 am

I nodded and grinned. "Oh of course!" I told her and walked over towards her. "Shall we,"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2014, 6:54 am

I grinned back frankly and stepped to the first shelf, filled with bowls, jars and vials of different sizes and sorts.

"So here you got a variety of different substances I made myself with, well, one of the books I stole from Circe, Advanced Alchemy. I can't talk about everything, but I'm just gonna show you one or two examples." Extending a hand, I took a little bowl containing an odorless copper-colored, chalky powder. "I use that one sometimes, to relax. It eases anxiety and improves the cognitive functions. You can have some if you wish, you brainiac Athena kid." Putting it back into place, I smiled at him, then selected another jar filled with translucent, aquamarine goo and uncapped it, a slight scent of withered flowers seeping out. "This here is a nice substance, it took me a day to make it though. It enhances your smell and speeds up the healing process a bit; you just have to apply it on your wound, and depending on its depth and seriousness, it heals about ten percent quicker. It's not much, I know, but it's still something, right?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/9/2014, 9:31 am

I nod and looked over the substances as she showed them to me and I nodded quietly as I listened with care, paying attention to her. "That sounds good, though not perfect" I laughed a little and looked over the shelves besides her, eyeing the copper-colored powder. It would certainly help me when I had to work aot, late nights and rough translation. After a moment I looked back at the girl and grinned."you have something for everything here, don't you Morgan?" I laughed and smiled as my eyes looked over and over everything.

In a moment I reached over and selected a brown glass vial, looking for a label on it before turning to her again. "So...what's this one?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2014, 1:08 pm

"You have something for everything here, don't you Morgan?" Zach laughed, and I chuckled back.

"Not everything. I am just totally obsessed with these books."Screwing the cap back onto the bowl, I shook it a little, making the goo inside wobble, then put it back into its place. Zach was holding a brown glass vial in his hands, which contained an iridescent blue powder.

"So...what's this one?"

"Oooooh my gods, don't you even touch that one," I immediately said and urgently took it from his hands to put it back on the shelf. "That's one of the most powerful poisons I have. Touch it and it will burn your skin black; smell it and you're dead in five minutes. I always put gloves on when I manipulate the vial just in case there's powder on the inside of the cap."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/9/2014, 1:31 pm

I felt the vial snatched from my hands and before I could open my mouth to ask why she had done so I heard her, and my eyes widened.

"Oooooh my gods, don't you even touch that one. That's one of the most powerful poisons I have. Touch it and it will burn your skin black; smell it and you're dead in five minutes. I always put gloves on when I manipulate the vial just in case there's powder on the inside of the cap."

"Ok...don't touch it..." I nodded, my eyes still wide as I looked down at my hands. Lucky for me they were still there, just covered in a little pencil lead from my works earlier. Turning to her again I decide to point and not pick up this time. "How about this one?" I asked and pointed to one with dust across the container, though a few finger marks were pressed into the dust, Morgan's I guessed. There wouldn't be that many people who knew about this place after all...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/10/2014, 3:23 am

I turned to look at what he was pointing at, a square bowl made out of light gray, transparent glass filled with coarse, purple powder.

"Oh that one," I smiled. "That one is quite cool. It enhances your reaction time. Not only physically, but also mentally. You just eat a tiny spoonful, and you're good for five minutes. Um, don't take too much of it though. There are some... side-effects to an overdose of that stuff. Not pretty side-effects. Like, you know, burning up from the inside. Fried brain."

Smirking at him, I went to the next shelf, filled with bottles and vials. "Those are my potions! Welcome to Snape's stock, young Gryffindor." Briefly looking through them, I selected an ovoid bottle made out of opaque, azure glass, with a mid-length neck, containing a pearly, very foamy liquid. "I suggest you don't drink that one, as it will paralyze you from knees to neck. Even when it touches your skin, it slows your movements down. It's most effective when you get it into your opponent's eyes though: the eyeball will stop moving completely and the person will have some quite violent hallucinations, while being unable to move."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/10/2014, 6:34 am

Looking over the shelves and bookcases I noticed plenty of vials and potions, ranging in all shapes and sizes and colors before I looked back at the dark-haired girl with a grin, my facial expression widening once I heard the reference, causing me to chuckle a bit. "That may be true" I told her with a grin and moved from the potions over to where the books were, looking over those for one that may be of interest towards me. After all, the books is why I was even down in her secret room, wasn't it?

"So, which one of these texts contains what we are looking for?" I asked while leaning over to get a better view of the titles, having to tilt my head to read the writing correctly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/14/2014, 1:48 pm

"What you are looking for, you mean," I corrected him with a grin.

I was a bit taken aback he had lost interest for the magic substances and plants on the shelves; I hoped I hadn't bored him. Or it was just his ADHD knocking at the door? I didn't know, but I had thought magic was likely to bring up more attention -- perhaps it just was that way to me because I was a daughter of Hecate, just like Triton kids adored marine biology or Dionysus people recited wine names and brands by heart.

"What exactly are you looking for?" I asked. "The Philosopher's Stone?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/14/2014, 1:59 pm

I chuckled a little and leaned into the shelves as I looked. "Well, I would certainly love to possess that stone...." I began and turned from her books to face her. I had to admit it seemed as if she was keeping my attention on something, or away from something. That sparked my curiousity and I stepped closer to Morgan.

"So, the symbols in my texts, do you know exactly why they would suddenly show up there? It's not the only place I've seen these marks, I've seen them in other places in several cities and landmarks: kinda like the Greek delta being the entrance to the labyrinth." I told her as I mused thoughtfully.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/14/2014, 3:07 pm

"Coming from a child of Athena, that surprises me," I admitted as he said he would like to have the Philosopher's Stone. "Why would you want it?"

Stepping slightly away from him, I looked at my High Alchemy book, then at his. "There are a lot of alchemy symbols," I said, "which one are you talking about? If it's the triangle you mean (since you were talking about the greek delta, which is a triangle), then that's the symbol for fire."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/14/2014, 3:18 pm

I smirked and waved like it was nothing. "Well, I know the basic symbols of alchemy, but the sign and symbols I was speaking about are Celtic, Norse, not Greek or Latin or from alchemy" I explained briefly as I pulled y notepad from my pocket and opened the leather book, scanning throug the hundreds of pages which I kept a variety of notes in.

"So....I don't know, maybe I've been up too many nights with conspiracies on my mind, maybe I've listened to a little too many legends...but I have theories and clues and hints an evidence...so I don't know. I could be crazy or I could be right"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/20/2014, 6:24 am

"Or both."

I had never heard from Norse or Celtic alchemy. From the top of my head, I might think about Dagda's cauldron, or Mimir's pit, but legit alchemy? I didn't know any.

"If it's not an alchemy symbol, why are you seeking my help?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/20/2014, 9:31 pm

I smirked at her and crossed my arms over my chest. "Well, I have several reasons why I came to you and I'm pretty sure you can guess about...4 of the five overall reasons, not to mention the sub-reasons" I told her with a laugh and glanced through my tattered notebook before slipping it back into my pocket.

"Now, uh....alchemy...yes. Well obviously there is more than one part of alchemy and it has been theorized that the alchemy rituals and recipes and formulas are at least one, if not the only key to something supposedly in Florida, claimed to be founded by the Spanish conquistadors..." I chuckled and waited for her to connect the dots. It couldn't really be that hard, could it? The fountain of youth! Although that was merely a piece of my major idea, I was gonna let her assemble the puzzle of my plan with maybe a little help.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 1/20/2015, 10:10 am

I walked into the Hecate cabin, chills going down my back as I felt the eerie feeling of magic flow through the dark room. I gently swatted a floating crystal out of the way as I looked around for my wiccan friend, Morgan. Today I decided to wear a green t-shirt with Demeter's symbol on it along with khaki shorts.

"Maleficent? Where art thou?" I asked as I peaked around each corner to see if she was there.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/20/2015, 11:15 am

"Watta!!"

I jumped from the shelf I had been standing behind, reading through a book about eclipse rituals when I heard Alex walk into my cabin. The Hecate cabin was quite peculiar: outside it looked like a Greek temple made out of dark stone, with torches of Greek fire burning either side of the door; inside you could find, among the bunk beds, a bunch of magic plants, gemstones in glass cases, walls set with sliding bookshelves and even some draughts. I didn't store my draughts up here, it was simply too dangerous; for that I had my secret room.

Saying two or three random aggressive Japanese-sounding words, I grabbed Alex ninja-style and started tickling him.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/22/2015, 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 1/20/2015, 11:21 am

[color:c33d=00cc00]I jumped when Morgan came out of nowhere. I quickly turned around and saw the daughter of Hecate. "Stop it!" I yelled as I screamed with laughter, sounding like a donkey. Morgan was always doing this, sneaking up behind me and tickling. I knew I should've have told her that I was ticklish.

I try to push her off as I continued to laugh. "M-Morgan no!!" I tried my best to hold her hands together so the torment would come to a end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 4:10 am