A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Dez's characters

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1433
    Registration date : 2012-01-27

Dez's characters Empty Dez's characters

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 1/27/2012, 7:34 am

Name: Dez
    Eyes: Black
    Hair: Silver
    Height: 5"8
    Body Type: Athletic, fairly muscular, extremely good looking.
    Skin Color: Tanned white
    God Parent: Thanatos
    Mortal Parent: Unsure, as was adopted when found at birth alone.
    Country of Origin: Canada
    Pets: Snake
    Talents: Sword fighting, long distance running, climbing, generally anything about endurance and strength.
    Weapon**: None yet
    Flaws: Extremely loyal to comrades, very quiet and unexplaining (except to those who he trusts), doesn't know anything about Greek mythology, vertigo.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Can sometimes foresee someones death when touched by them, renders him tired and needing of a rest. (Only power he is aware of, any others discovered I will add). Can shadow-travel when he's really really angry about 10 times, up to 15 miles away.
    Life Before CHB*: He was found in Canade alone in a shack, freezing cold and near to death. He was taken in by an old couple with no children of thier own, and taken care of until he was 12 and near his 13th birthday. All this time he had been a spooked child, always haunted by a vision of what he had seen when he was first touched by his adopted parents. The day before his 13th birthday, he had gone out to a nearby town to shop for food with his parents. A robbery occured in one of these shops, and his parents were shot for refusing to comply with the robbers wishes. He was almost killed as well when he took a shot to the gut, but something extraordinary happened. He was somehow blessed when a sign appeared above his head, and he felt the strangest he had ever felt. The wound healed by itself, and the robbers were astounded and scared. They ran, shouting something about "the messiah". He ran from the scene
    He immediately felt that there was somewhere he had to be, so after he had stocked up on supplies, he left for the camp, determined to get there by any means, and to also forget about his past life, as he was beginning anew.
    RP Example*: *I felt something penetrate the flesh around my stomach, and I looked down to blood seeping from the wound the bullet had made. Mixed with sadness from the definite death of my parents who I had grown to love for all these years, and with the pain penetrating me from my injury, I slumped forward onto my knees, with an almost unnoticable pain compared to the bullet wound. I knew that I was surely about to die. I let the darkness creep forward, but it never came.*
    Any notes about your characters: Mysterious, constantly spooked by his deadly foresight.

Any problems just say :)

Last edited by Dez on 1/27/2012, 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tom
    Tom
    Salmon

Male
    Number of posts : 3222
    Registration date : 2011-01-09

Dez's characters Empty Re: Dez's characters

Post by Tom 1/27/2012, 9:18 am

Add 2 more flaws.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 1/27/2012, 9:34 am

Done. Anything else?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 1/27/2012, 3:08 pm

You'll probably have to ask people about when they think his/her character will die, so....

Add another flaw.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 1/27/2012, 4:08 pm

Yeah, I'll either ask them that or have my character constantly not wanting people to touch him, for fear of what he'll see...

... and I added vertigo as a flaw, so is it okay now?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/27/2012, 5:15 pm

Approved.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Dez's characters Empty Another character

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 2/4/2012, 2:21 pm

Name: Dorian Zeal
    Eyes: Darkest black
    Hair: Brown with a white streak (mark of fear)
    Height: 5"10
    Body Type: Athletic
    Skin Color: Tanned white
    God Parent: Deimus
    Mortal Parent: Samantha Zeal
    Country of Origin: New York, America
    Pets: Wolf, called Fang
    Talents: Very good runner, clever, great swordfighter.
    Weapon**: Clestial bronze sickle and shield.
    Flaws: Anger (can flare violently when provoked), claustrophobia, arachnophobia.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Exudes complete and utter fear and terror, but has now learnt to control it entirely.
    Life Before CHB*: Dorian lived with his moter until he was 10 years old. Until then, he had gone to school, but was always secluded as people always seemed to be quite frightneded of him, so his childhood was miserable, but he learnt a great deal and therefore is very clever. He always knew though that his mother was there for him, and that she would always love him no matter what.
    On his 10th birthday however, he came downstairs to find his mother slitting her wrists, not knowing that he could see everything. Dorian was paralyzed with fear, and from then on bore the mark of fear in a white streak through his hair. She died, and he ran away, packing all his belongings, and tried as hard as he could to forget. But he couldn't, and he knew his life would always be ruled by fear.
    He found Camp Half Blood by mere chance, and lived there in the Hermes cabin until he was 13, when he was claimed by Deimus, and has been questioning it ever since. Not once has he spoken to his father however. Everey day he trains, hacking and slashing at dummies, reciting phrases in ancient greek, and generally learning how to be able to survive as a demigod.
    And to this day, he has never known why his mother took her own life.
    RP Example*: I tiptoed down the stairs, barely able to withold my excitement. It was my birthday, and every single birthday I had had has been amazing. I've never had any friends around, as I didn't have any to invite, but I always had my mum. It was always just me and here, having fun, and playing games.
    I looked around the corner into the kitchen, and imediately froze.

"Mum?" I whispered, paralyzed with fear.
    Any notes about your characters: Peculiar character, but very good looking.

So? Any good?
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 2/4/2012, 2:27 pm

Can you explain the power a bit more for me? It's a bit confusing and vague.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 2/4/2012, 2:31 pm

Basically he automatically exudes fear as a trait of the son of Deimus, but he has learnt to control it so he can make some people around him be terrified, and others who are scared of him he can relieve them of the fear they hold
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 2/4/2012, 2:40 pm

So... does it just focus on one fear? Or just fear in general? And how many times a day can he do it?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 2/4/2012, 2:44 pm

Fear in general, normally of him, and of course he can magnify the fear...

... depends on the level of the fear, relieving fear doesn't really faze him, but instilling fear tires him, for example, if he were to make somebody have a fit or something, it would make him pass out on the spot, reguar fear instilling like making somebody cower away can only be done at most 5 times a day, but that will make him really tired, and angry, like his flaw...
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/4/2012, 3:33 pm

People can resist the fear, correct?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 2/4/2012, 4:30 pm

You would have to have a lot of spirit, but yes its possible...

... but this is a very powerful fear, therefore I have put it as his only power...

... the automatic fear that he emits (he cannot help this, as its a trait from his father) can be easily resisted as its only a feeling that he is quite scary, doesn't really affect people badly...
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/4/2012, 7:22 pm

So he can make only person scared at a time, right?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 2/5/2012, 4:26 am

Yes. As he gets more powerful he can do more...

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/5/2012, 9:18 am

How many more?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 2/5/2012, 1:01 pm

Well, the most he'll ever be able to do is 5, but he'll be about 21 at that point so he'll have to leave...

... when he is 17 he can do 3...
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/5/2012, 2:11 pm

Approved.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Dez's characters Empty An Egyptian char

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 3/18/2012, 1:02 pm

Name: Akins Vax
    Eyes: Wears an eyepatch over one eye, and the other is silver
    Hair: Sandy blonde
    Body Type: Fairly strong, but more athletic, very attractive save the eyepatch
    Skin Color: Tanned
    God Parent: Anubis
    Mortal Parent: Unknown
    Country of Origin: Cairo, Egypt
    Pets: A golden jackal named Azizi
    Talents: Agile, free running, fighting, throwing, surviving, stealing.
    Weapon**: Twin Stygian Iron knives, with jewels on the handle of darkest black, 5 small CB throwing knives.
    Flaws: Selfish, overconfident, can't swim.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Using his right eye, he can summon skeletons and make them do his will, summoning more than 10 at one time incapacitates him, any less he can do maximum 3 times a day. These skeletons stay with him for a maximum of ten minutes, before they return to the ground. If they are destroyed, they remain destroyed.
    Life Before CHB*: Akins was born in Cairo in Egypt, but his mother died during childbirth, leaving him with a strange condition in his eye, meaning he could not see through it, and his dad was so scared of raising him alone that he ran away. Therefore Akins grew up in a poor orphanage. He hated every second of his entrapment in the orphanage, although they cared about him. He ran away when he was 8, and went about living on the streets, evading adults as best he could, stealing and fighting to earn a living. He picked up how to free run pretty quickly, and added that to one of his skills he needed to survive. He found a jackal wandering the backstreets of Cairo, and took him in, and they became lifelong friends, with "Azizi", as he called him, become supremely loyal to him. One time when he was stealing some food from a rich man's house, he was busted. Before he could get away, something happened which really surprised him. An earthquake hit Cairo, and the building he was in collapsed. That day, although he didn't know it, happened to be his 13th birthday, and strangely, he was salvaged from the rubble by a pack of walking, animated skeletons. Azizi was found nearby, and the skeletons told him to escape to America, where he would be safe. Akins followed this advice, although shocked by the apearance of the living dead, and he became a stowaway on a cruise heading back to America. Once he was there, he strangely enough knew exactly where to go, as he headed towards a strange camp, for people like him. He encountered a few strange creatures on the way, some trying to trick him to come with him, and a few others just attacking him. They were terrible beasts, vampire girls with mismatched legs, lizard women, and a whole bunch of other freaks. He sometimes ran, sometimes fought, but no matter what happened he survived. He arrived at Camp Half Blood, and fit in straight away, staying social, but always knowing that no matter what happened, he would always have to look out for Number 1. Himself.
    RP Example*: I ran across the rooftop, feeling the wind blow against my face, knowing I was finally free. The orphanage was far behind me now, and I would never go back. But I was scared. I would not be looked after anymore. I would have to look after myself, learn to fight, to climb buildings, to fight. To survive.
    Any notes about your characters: Under the eyepatch, Akins' eye is black, with a very small silver dot in the middle. Not scared to fight, especially not to kill.

Last edited by Dez on 3/18/2012, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/18/2012, 1:05 pm

... More than 10 skeletons a day or 10 at a time? How long do they stay with him, and if they are, say, smashed to rubble, can they rebuild themselves? If so, how many times before they're gone entirely?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 3/18/2012, 1:08 pm

10 at a time incapacitates him for at least 12 hours. They cannot rebuild themselves, and they stay with him for a maximum of ten minutes
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/18/2012, 1:19 pm

Approved.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Dez's characters Empty Roman char! Finally! :)

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 3/31/2012, 3:21 pm

Name: Rave Anderson
    Eyes: Unknown, but as bright as the sun
    Hair: Blonde
    Body Type: Lean, fairly muscular, attractive
    Skin Color: Tanned
    Roman God Parent: Sol
    Mortal Parent: Mary Anderson
    Country of Origin: Brooklyn, America
    Talents: Archery, throwing, amazing sight, medical knowledge
    Weapon**: Hunting bow with imperial gold tipped arrows.
    Flaws: Loyal, sword fighting, without sunglasses on cannot see properly.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Eyes are as bright as the sun, and without his special sunglasses on, his eyes are bright enough to blind any mortal, and severely weaken any monster's sight.
    Life Before CJ*: Rave grew up with his mother, who joined the United States Air force when he was about 3. For this reason he lived with his Uncle for most of his young life, who was a trained doctor, and who taught him many things about medicine. Also, he'd always miraculously had absolutely perfect eyesight, which made him a terrific shot, whenever his uncle used to take him out on a hunting trip, as Rave was always so excited about doing it. His mum would occasionally come home and visit him, with which every second he'd enjoy. But, tragically, when his mother returned for his 13th birthday, something terrible happened. During his party, just when he was blowing out his birthday candles, just like he always did, suddenly, a strange mark appeared above his head, and his eyes began to shine amazingly brightly, and his friends and relatives were gobsmacked. The light began to turn violent though, and it kept getting brighter, until in a split second, it shined so brightly that everybody in the room became literally blinded, scrambling about for something they could hold on to, terrified of their lost sight, in pain. His mother had stayed calm, and told him that something special was happening to him, and that he had to go to a safe place for people like him. She told him to run there, and to not let anyone see his eyes. He ran off into the night, unsure of where he was going, and scared of what he was becoming, wearing a cheap pair of sunglasses that only just concealed the burning light, there was still light blaring through it, but it was not dangerous enough to hurt anybody. He eventually found Camp Jupiter, and he was taken in by them. He had a special pair of sunglasses made for him which completely concealed the light which poured from his eyes, yet also being able to keep his perfect eyesight. He grew older, and went into the 1st Cohort, quickly gaining a good reputation for his marksmanship.
    RP Example*:

I blew out the candles, when suddenly I felt a strange sensation in my eyes. It wasn't exactly painful, but, it was like they were tingling. Everybody was looking at me. My friends, my relatives, everyone. They were staring intently into my eyes.

"What the-" Uncle Richard was just asking, when I felt a sudden surge of power come to my eyes.

Everything around me felt so bright, a burning sensation suddenly present in my eyes. It wasn't painful though, no, I sort of, well, liked it.

Any notes about your characters: An extremely nice guy, and attractive

Last edited by Dez on 3/31/2012, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/31/2012, 3:55 pm

Add another flaw.

I think having eyes as bright as the sun are bit... too much. Are they regularly like this, or does he need to make an effort to make them bright?
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 3/31/2012, 4:03 pm

Edited.... and the eyes are always like that, but the downside is, he cannot see practically at all, when he doesn't have his sunglasses on, so it evens out....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 7:54 pm