A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Wandering

Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Wandering - Page 4 Empty Re: Wandering

Post by Ryger17 1/3/2014, 10:57 pm

Eric expected Myka to scoff at his idea, make fun of him, or just plainly say no. But saying she didn't know how to swim? Eric tried not to laugh and it came out a snort. He immediately felt guilty and blushed. "Oh my gods, I'm not trying to laugh at you. I just never met someone who doesn't know how to swim." When you live in Florida, you are basically a fish that can walk on land. To meet someone who doesn't know how to swim was like meeting an alien or a talking dog.

Eric smiled, "Maybe I could teach you."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/3/2014, 11:09 pm

Myka smiled when he laughed. I must sound so stupid, she thought. She looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. She had always had a fear of water, starting out when she was a tiny little thing to now. The thought of your lungs bursting scared Myka, so she had tried to avoid ponds, lakes and oceans all the time. Besides, there are better hiding spots than that.
    "You can?" she said in a way that almost sounded like a challenge. She sighed, and began to stand up. "At seventeen years old, I suppose I should learn how to by now."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/3/2014, 11:23 pm

Eric always liked a challenge. He challenged himself to start varsity at linebacker and he did it. He challenged himself to lead the state in tackles and he did. And now Myka was challenging him to teach her how to swim. "I probably can. I'm almost a merman anyways." All he needed was the tail, and the sharp teeth, and the scales. Okay maybe only close to a merman in the swimming part.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/3/2014, 11:29 pm

Myka looked Eric up and down, and then laughed as she shook her head. "Somehow, I don't think you are." she said, her words swallowed in laughter. She discarded her jacket and throw-over long sleeve shirt, revealing a dark grey tank top that made her her eyes stand out. Not ten seconds after she did this, her teeth were already chattering.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/3/2014, 11:44 pm

"Haven't you seen the Little Mermaid? I look just like one of those dashing mermen, not a real one." Eric grinned. He pulled his t-shirt over his head, kicked off his shoe and socks, and worked his way out of his jeans. He could fell the cold but it didn't bother him. He worked his way down to the pond's edge and stuck a foot in. Now that he could feel. He turned around, "Alright, the water is cold, but we should get used to it fairly quick." Eric turned and dove into the pool, scraping his chest on the bottom. He came up, his body already getting used to the cold.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/3/2014, 11:54 pm

Myka frowned at what he said. It's really too bad she had never seen that movie; other wise she would have been teasing him about it. She kicked off her boots and socks (all three layers of them; she was not taking any chances) and waded into the water, thinking that dwarf must've done something to Eric. That was the only logical explanation to why the teen had just jumped in. With a shaky breath, she waded in a little bit more, feeling the squishy mud below her feet. She winced at the cold feeling, and suddenly realized just how bad of an idea this really was.
    As she got deeper and deeper, the water seemed to get colder and colder, and she stopped when she the water went up right below her chest.
    She was terrified.
    She was in a unfamiliar pond, in bitter cold, without the ability to swim.
    Great.
    Her teeth chattered, and she crossed her arms across her chest, squeezing her eyes shut. She wiled her body to get used to the water just as fast as Eric's did, but needless to say, it didn't work.
    "W-w-why d-did I ag-g-gree t-to this," she stuttered.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/4/2014, 12:10 am

Eric paddle his way over to Myka and stood next to her. The water came up to his low chest. He wrapped his arms around her shivering body. "We don't have to do this now if you want." Normally not everyone could last with his crazy ideas. One of the kids who he took with him to get tattoos, cried during the tattooing and left half way through. Eric also didn't want his girlfriend to freeze. He just wanted to do what she wanted to do. "Whatever you want to do."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/4/2014, 12:21 am

The daughter of Ares turned and put her face to Eric's chest, trying hard not to shiver.!"N-no," she protested. If she could survive living with her aunt and uncle for fourteen years, she could surely survive this.
    "I'm f-fine."
    Myka smiled sweetly and innocently. "So, you g-gonna t-teach me how to swim?" she was trying not to stutter, but unfortunately was failing miserably.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/4/2014, 10:00 pm

Eric let out a sigh, "You remind me a lot of me. Stubborn until you accomplish what you want to do." He kissed Myka. "And I love that about you." He let go of her and backed into the deeper part of the pond. His head went under then he kicked back to the surface.
    Eric spat some water out of his mouth, "Disgusting." He wiped his hand over his tongue. "That didn't help. The first thing I'll teach you to do is tread water. Treading water is kicking your legs under water to keep your head above water." Eric wanted to demonstrate but had no idea if Myka could see his legs through the colored water. "Just alternate which foot is kicking."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/4/2014, 10:16 pm

Myka cried out when Eric went under, but sighed with relief when he came back up. Licking her lips, she moved a little closer to Eric for two reasons. Number one, so if something went wrong he could help her, and number two, so that she was deeper in the water and could actually do what Eric wanted her to. And, of course, because she liked being near Eric.

With a shaky breath, she gripped Eric's shoulders, shaking from both fear and the cold. she gently kicked her legs, careful not to knee the son of Cratus in the leg. She managed to raise herself up a little bit. "L-like this?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/4/2014, 10:42 pm

Eric anxiously watched Myka make her way towards him and the deeper water. He could feel her shaking as she gripped his shoulders. She began lightly bobbing up and down, which Eric guessed was from her treading water. He smiled and let out a laugh, "Looks like you're getting it. Now, let's try it with holding on to me." He gently took her hands off his shoulders. "Don't worry, I'll be right here." Eric let go of Myka's hands
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/4/2014, 10:54 pm

Myka squealed a little as she went down into the water, completely forgetting what she just learned for half a second. The. She kicked her legs and rose to the surface, coughing up water. Rubbing the water out of her eyes, she shivered as the wind bit her thoroughly-soaked skin. She jumped up slightly and wrapped her arms around Eric's neck, and buried her head in his shoulder, whilst shaking uncontrollably. After a minute, the shaking began to slowly die down, but Myka didn't remove her position. "D-don't you e-ever d-do that a-again," she said.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/4/2014, 11:09 pm

Eric didn't know what to expect. Maybe for her to get it perfectly the first time. Who was he kidding? Who gets it right on the first try? He wasn't expecting her just to sink. Worry went through him and he tried to make his way over. She surfaced and grabbed him around the neck. His arms flew around her. He almost forgot to keep kicking. He held her close to him. "Holy sh*t." He said, "Are you alright?"
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/4/2014, 11:22 pm

Myka's breathing slowed, and she let out a breath. "Yeah. J-just -- wasn't p-prepared, I guess." she moved her head back so that she was looking at Eric. She wanted to learn how to swim, she really did -- but unfortunately, learning skills like that take time.
    "If you apolog-g-gize, I swear to the gods I'm g-going to smack you." she said with a little smirk, all fear gone.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/4/2014, 11:37 pm

Eric held Myka close, close enough that he could feel her heartbeat. That had been to close. He had almost lost Myka. He kept his grip tight on her. "Let's not do that again." Eric voice came out a little bit shakier than he'd ever heard it before.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/4/2014, 11:47 pm

Myka gently kissed Eric on the forehead. "Hey, I'm alr-r-right. she ran her hand through her wet hair, tiny droplets of water dropping into the water behind her. "I'm okay." it had scared the crap out of Myka, but she had gotten over the feeling quickly. Eric, on the other hand -- not so much. He looked as if he had seen a ghost, and it made Myka feel bad for scaring him like that. Godamn me and my lack of typical skills! she cried in her head.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/5/2014, 12:00 am

Eric still hadn't relaxed his hold on Myka, "Do you want to get out now?" She seemed to be back to normal. Well, normal personality anyways. She was still cold. He probably was too. "Or if you want to stay in we can move to the shallower end." The cold water never really started affecting him, but he couldn't tell if Myka had gotten used to it. Eric had heard somewhere that the shallower end was warmer. Maybe that was true.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/5/2014, 12:09 am

Myka nodded. "Yeah -- l-let's go to the sh-shallower part of the pond." she somehow managed to make her way back to the shallow part of the pond. When she got there, she plopped down so that she was sitting on the mushy ground, mud mixing into the threading of her jeans. The water only went up to mid-chest, which was perfectly fine with Myka. Suddenly, she was very content with where she was.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/5/2014, 12:25 am

Eric finally let go of Myka when she wanted to go the shallow side. He paddle, then walked, after her. He tried to sit down but in everyplace he sat, there was an uncomfortable rock. Sure he could move it with his strength but he felt no need. Eric just sat down ignoring the uncomfortableness. He sat shoulder to shoulder with Myka and stared directly at the middle of the pond. "Sorry about that," he apologized, eyes still on the pond.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/5/2014, 12:33 am

Myka turned her head to look up at Eric, turning his head with her hand gently, forcing him to focus on her. "Sorry for what? You did nothing wrong. I'm the one who wanted to earn how to swim." she gave him a little smirk, and released him, turning her attention back to the blurry trees on the other side of the pond. Well, actually, the trees on either side of the pond were blurry as well, and so were some of the trees behind the pair. She really needed glasses.
    "It's not your fault I suck at swimming."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 1/5/2014, 12:46 am

Eric took a deep breath, exhaling through the nose. Leave it to Myka to try and make him feel better. "I'm sorry for saying I could teach you to swim. I obviously suck at that." He leaned back, resting his wait on his arms. His arms, however, sank into the mud, leaving Eric laying down with his arms stuck behind him. "This has been the most fun I've had in a while. Just spending time with my beautiful girlfriend. Oh, this is the life."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 1/5/2014, 3:19 pm

That made Myka smile, despite the fact that she thought Eric thinking it was his fault was absolutely ridiculous. She was clearly the one who screwed up -- not him.  
    "You lucky thing, you." she said with a little laugh, and commenced to once again look out across the pond.  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 7:58 pm