A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Hanging at the beach ((Private: Lindsey))

Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male
    Number of posts : 1923
    Registration date : 2010-11-19

Hanging at the beach ((Private: Lindsey)) Empty Hanging at the beach ((Private: Lindsey))

Post by Theseus12 11/4/2014, 1:00 pm

Megan was sitting at the edge of the canoe lake. Part of her wondered when she and her fellow sisters would get back to the hunt. What was going on, that had called Lady Artemis back to Olympus, anyways? As she sat there, wondering about it, she heard someone approaching. Getting up, and turning, she was glad to see it was one of her sisters. "Hey," she said.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Hanging at the beach ((Private: Lindsey)) Empty Re: Hanging at the beach ((Private: Lindsey))

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/4/2014, 1:25 pm

Emily made her way down to the beach, she wasn't intending to go into the water. She had a terrible phobia of the water, well going into the water she did not mind sitting on the bank or crossing a bridge but ask her to get into a boat or go swimming... Well she would protest most fiercely against such a gesture. No force would make her get into the water and that was a simple fact.
    She spotted one of her sisters sitting at the edge of the canoe lake by herself so she headed over towards her at a leisurely pace, the limp from her age old wound barely noticeable in her step. "Hey." Emma replied with a thin smile, she was still quite shy around her sisters.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Hanging at the beach ((Private: Lindsey)) Empty Re: Hanging at the beach ((Private: Lindsey))

Post by Theseus12 11/4/2014, 1:30 pm

Megan smiled warmly. "how are you doing?" she asked. She felt happy, knowing her sister was here. Beats hanging with the campers. She had already been gotten on to by her siblings in the Aphrodite cabin for betraying her mother, even though she never met her, and was free to choose her own life.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/4/2014, 2:41 pm

"I'm good thank you what about you?" Emma said sitting down nearby, hugging her knees close to her chest. Though her leg injury had finally healed fully at times it still ached and after periods of strenuous, excessive activity she still limped noticeably. Some things never changed.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/4/2014, 5:16 pm

"Eh, I'm okay. Bored, mainly." Megan spoke truly. The camp had many things, but she much preferred hunting alongside Lady Artemis. As she sat there, she idly pulled a hairbrush out of one of her pockets, and brushed a small lock of hair, putting the brush back soon enough. "How's the leg?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/4/2014, 6:21 pm

"My leg?" She glanced at her leg protectively, she was used to having to guard it and secretly Em despised the attention that it brought her both before crutches, both after crutches. "Yeah it is fine thanks... As good as it will ever get." Her lips formed into a wide smile, she could run, climb, walk, jump all the things before that she struggled with. Emily had a second chance, however it meant sacrificing her chance of every having a boyfriend, of falling in love with a boy, getting married and having a family.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/4/2014, 8:10 pm

Megan smiled, putting a hand on Emma's shoulder. "I'm happy for you, really." she said happily. Placing her hands on the ground, Megan looked up in to the night sky, looking into the stars. "They are beautiful, aren't they?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/5/2014, 10:17 am

Emily shrugged. "I guess I find there is more beauty in simply being able to walk or run move swiftly and with some grace." She did not find anything special in the cold stars, they often stood silent watching the world unmoving, unloving and uncaring.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/5/2014, 2:23 pm

"An understandable concept," Megan replied smoothly. "Truly, I do not know what it was like for you without proper use of your legs. I would bet it was fairly terrible." Looking up into the sky, she thought about the stories behind each of the constellations. "You're pretty strong, to be able to handle all that you have." This was just said, no jealousy or admiration in her voice. It was merely a statement of fact.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/5/2014, 2:44 pm

"Well I could use one... It was the other I could not use so well." Emma explained to her. "It hurt... A constant dull never ending ache one that would never ebb like a tide." She disliked the bitter memory, it did not feel like strength only a weakness. "Thank you I am so glad that it healed otherwise it would be impossible to keep up with our sisters on the Hunt."
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/5/2014, 3:23 pm

"Ah." Megan said simply, not really knowing what else to say. "If anything, you might have developed a higher pain tolerance, due to having been used to it for some time, no?"

((Sorry it sucks))
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 11/5/2014, 4:43 pm

"I doubt it." Emily said dismissively. "If anything I've developed a limp and a slight well painful ache when I am very cold." Some things would never change, there was nothing more that could be done about it except to move on as best she could. Deep down, Em was just grateful for a second chance at life, being able to walk, run and do all the other things that before had been impossible for her.
    Sure she sacrificed much in order to have this opportunity, yet now her old life was gone. Instead she possessed a future, a bright one too. A silent question however haunted her mind, would all of this be worth what she had lost? The answer would and could only come through the passage of time. She lost some freedoms, sold them as it where to gain some others that she previously lacked.

((It's fine))
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 11/6/2014, 10:07 am

Megan continued sitting for a while, and soon yawned. "I'll see you back at the cabin," she said, getting up, and going back to the Artemis cabin to slee.

((Sorry. Out of muse.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 12:34 am