A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+12
jake.
Rhyolo
Poptart
Green
Morgan Landry
Lindsey Callaghan
Kendall
High King Fridgeir
Shade
DeadlyLynx
Mason
mabel pines
16 posters

Olympus Trip [Greeks]

Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male
    Number of posts : 1245
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Olympus Trip [Greeks] - Page 3 Empty Re: Olympus Trip [Greeks]

Post by Rhyolo 12/24/2014, 10:17 am

"Actually I've met two siblings. One of them is Roman so. His name is red. And the greek one, he name is aidan. And I've gotten my a$$ haned to me twice by the same demi-titan. And other than tthat I've been good. Also thanks for the awesome sword." Rhy grabs the pen from his pocket and transforms it into its true form.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/24/2014, 2:57 pm

X wrote:Frowning slightly Alucard said "I don't know how she has been. We had been writing to each other when Sapphire and I got to camp, but she stopped writing two years ago and I haven't heard from her since then." As Alucard said this, he once again cursed the fact that demigods could not use phones.

Thanatos frowned, but only suggested to him softly: "Well, have you tried Iris-messaging her? It's much more reliable than sending a letter, although it is rather more expensive than, say, a stamp."

Wouldn't he remember if he'd seen Alucard's mother's name on one of his lists? Of course, it had been so long since he had last seen her, and there were hundreds of thousands of names on each list, changing every day as time passed. Could Thanatos be blamed for not remembering one name out of millions in the past two years?

Green wrote:She watched her mother go through her bag before answering her. "Well, I guess I began to have an interest in genetics about three days ago. It started when I had just finished  reading up on Joan of Arc. I went to put the book back in it's orginal spot when I noticed that a book was out of place. So, naturally I took it off the shelve. I believe the book was called Genome, by Matt Ridely." Hilda explained. She had a photographic memory and could tell you what she read a year ago on the dot.

Nizamat grinned and uncrossed his arms, beginning to become more comfortable around his godly father. "I'm a bit surpised there isn't a god of marital issues." He laughed a bit and stepped a bit closer to Set. "You know, you're more enjoyable than what I thought you would, father." His son stated, smiling ever so slightly. Nizamat had thought that maybe his father would be a bit hateful seeing that he was the god of evil and what not.

Athena nodded slowly, trying to recall the author's name; it certainly was familiar. Briefly, an image of her bookshelf at home flashed in her mind: a book between The Origin of Species and a copy of one of Leonardo Da Vinci's journals, a tattered little book that had been collecting dust for months now. The book had been a gift from Ares, who apparently did not know how to take care of anything that wasn't directly related to killing people or war strategy. "Ah, yes, I remember that book. It's in my home's library. An interesting read -- it reminded me of another book I read, something by a Primo Levi. It was an interesting setup, very unique. Did you finish it already?"

---------------------

"Am I?" The Egyptian god looked at Nizamat thoughtfully. It was so rare that anybody enjoyed his company; most of the other Egyptian gods shunned him as a troublemaker, and he disliked most of the Greeks and Norse. Usually he just sat at home, tried to have a normal conversation with his wife, and not let one of his Set animals bite off one of his fingers. Nasty little creatures, they were, very dangerous if you didn't watch them. "Well, I'm flattered, I suppose. Perhaps I'm just... misunderstood."

He shuddered inwardly at such an assumption: How many times had people defended somebody whom they thought to be "misunderstood," when really the person was perfectly understandable and did not deserve such defense? It was like that time Thoth had shown him all those defenses of Severus Snape on the internet. The wizard did not deserve to be called noble. Set hoped he wasn't much like him.

nerissaterzi wrote:I looked up and noticed my father immediately but couldn't bring myself to smile. With all the people here some were falling in and out of naps, the gods mostly, and it was pushing me to my limits as far as focus went. Good evening father. I managed to say as I quickly pulled myself out of one of Dionysus's dreams. There was no way in all of the underworld that I was letting myself into one of his dreams. Not ever.

[ooc: I should note, it should be almost impossible for a demigod, even without much control of his/her/their powers, to use some sort of non-offensive power such as dream-watching or memory-recall on a god. That's much too over-powered.]

Morpheus smiled down at her, kneeling beside the girl to take a closer look. She didn't look much like him at all -- perhaps more like her mother, but he couldn't exactly remember her face very clearly. "Well now, who's this? Nerissa, is it not? Welcome to Olympus." He paused a second just to readjust his apparently ill-fitting cloak, which had begun to slip off his shoulders again. "It's very nice to see you after... all these years, I suppose. In person. How is everything?"

Lindsey Callaghan wrote:Now, Lindsey hadn't expected Nemesis to show much of an interest in her girlfriend so she looked stunned. Honestly it hadn't occurred to her that she might want to know more about who her daughter is dating. She recovered from her surprise and began to talk about Falko. "Mom she amazing, she is funny and clever, very beautiful she understands me which is a big thing."

Lindsey had a big grin on her face as she talked about Falko. "If I can I'll bring her next time so you can meet her." She wondered if Falko would agree to come so that she could meet Nemesis. She expected that she might, since upsetting both a daughter of Nemesis and Nemesis herself, probably wasn't the best strategy ever.

"Well, I've no objections to that, if what you're saying about her is true." Nemesis prodded the lollipop in her mouth with her tongue, savoring the flavor -- so artificial, so unlike godly nectar and ambrosia. Absolutely delicious. "Who's her godly parent? I might know them."

"Might" was sort of an understatement, but whatever. All the gods knew each other, however vaguely; the Greeks knew the Egyptians and the Norse knew the Greeks and all the combinations of knowledge that that entailed. So of course Nemesis would probably know another Greek god -- and hopefully Lindsey's girlfriend's godly parent wasn't Eros or Aphrodite, or else the goddess of revenge would be treading in very dangerous, highly-perfumed water if she ever dared speak of the girls' relationship to them.

High King Fridgeir wrote:I say, "Oh... Im sorry I lied to you."
    I say, "Aw... but this is my favorite jacket. It usually isn't even the reason I pass out. Its usually from things like falling out of a tree, almost drowning, I remember this one time I had an accident with my bow..."

Epiales shrugged. "Well, whatever. It's fine. Are those nightmares pretty bad?" He so rarely got a first-hand opinion on how bad anything he did to people's dreams were, besides the occasional smack on the head from another god -- namely, Nemesis or one of the morning gods -- to tell him off for doing it. But he couldn't help it; he had a job to do.

----------------

Persephone held up both her hands in defeat, shaking her head. "I'm not in your life enough to tell you what to do, but I suggest you find a way to make your jacket feel lighter. Get a Hecate kid to charm it, for example. I don't want to see you in the Underworld after you've died of heat stroke." Preferably, she didn't want to see him in the Underworld period -- but that was impossible, unless the boy somehow achieved immortality. Thanatos was sure to find and take him away someday.

Rhyan Landry wrote:"Actually I've met two siblings. One of them is Roman so. His name is red. And the greek one, he name is aidan. And I've gotten my a$$ haned to me twice by the same demi-titan. And other than tthat I've been good. Also thanks for the awesome sword." Rhy  grabs the pen from his pocket and transforms it into its true form.

"Oh, yes, you're very welcome for the sword.... And it's nice to see you're still alive after meeting a demititan." Pyriphlegethon couldn't really remember ever giving his son -- or any of his kids, for that matter -- a present, but whatever. It had probably slipped his mind during the past year, since last winter solstice. Gift-giving was such a hassle, and sometimes he felt like Hermes would intentionally shake the boxes just to figure out what gifts were what. "Have you been getting along with... your siblings?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/24/2014, 3:13 pm

[ooc: ill tone it down. I was trying to make it to where she had no control over it really and she just kinda god sucked into them once someone was dreaming and she was nearby. Thaks though Kendall.]

I looked my father in the eyes and gave a half smile. Out of childlike behavior i threw my arms around his neck and gave him a hug as Chessie moved to sit next to me. Its nice to finally meet you dad. I let go and sat with my back against the wall, a smile plastered to my face. I've managed to make some friends at camp at least.

----------------------------------------

I walked into the hall with Thor by my side and my scythe in hand. I had no reason to be here other than to yell at my father. I noticed everyone was wandering about aimlessly and decided to lean against the wall until my father noticed i was here. Thor sat proudly next to me and watched as people entered and exited the hall a periodically. Well Thor. It would seem that we are alone once more, with nothing but our own company.

Last edited by nerissaterzi on 12/24/2014, 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 12/24/2014, 3:27 pm

Hilda smiled and interwove her fingers. "Um, no, not yet madre. It's big and the print is small. However I have read the first two units." The daughter of Athena chuckled, shaking her head. "I've had to take sort thirty minute naps in order for my brain to absorb all the information." She touched her forehead for emphasis. Hilda spent more time in the camp's library than anywhere else. Even the arena.

He nodded, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. You're total bada$$." Nizamat frowned a bit when Set stated that he was misunderstood. "You're only misunderstood, father, because for the past five thousand years you've been viewed as this evil deity, but in fact, you're not." He told him. "You're the one who balances out the good in Egypt." He took his thumbs out, some sand grains falling to the floor. "But I'm sure you don't need me to tell you all this."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/24/2014, 4:45 pm

Lindsey replied. "Deimos I hope that is okay." She did hope that her mother would not mind that, Lindsey wanted Nemesis on her side in her relationship. She found it difficult enough to make a relationship work out, without the gods conspiring against them.
    "If you have any advice for making a relationship work I would be grateful for it." Truth be told, she hoped that Nemesis would have some. Lindsey was completely in love with Falko, she feared however that she would be the one to mess it up.
    "I love her Mom... With all my heart."
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male
    Number of posts : 2007
    Registration date : 2012-12-06

Post by High King Fridgeir 12/24/2014, 6:31 pm

I shivered and said, "Extremely. I have a question though. What made you attracted to my mother?"
    I smile and say, "I will try mother."
    I walked through Olympus with Chloe. She wanted to see dad, so I took her here to Olympus. When I saw dad, I pointed to him and said to Chloe, "That's dad."
    When Gabe pointed to dad, I ran up to him and hugged his leg, followed by me saying, "Daddy!"
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/24/2014, 10:48 pm

nerissaterzi wrote:[ooc: ill tone it down. I was trying to make it to where she had no control over it really and she just kinda god sucked into them once someone was dreaming and she was nearby. Thaks though Kendall.]

I looked my father in the eyes and gave a half smile. Out of childlike behavior i threw my arms around his neck and gave him a hug as Chessie moved to sit next to me. Its nice to finally meet you dad. I let go and sat with my back against the wall, a smile plastered to my face. I've managed to make some friends at camp at least.

----------------------------------------

I walked into the hall with Thor by my side and my scythe in hand. I had no reason to be here other than to yell at my father. I noticed everyone was wandering about aimlessly and decided to lean against the wall until my father noticed i was here. Thor sat proudly next to me and watched as people entered and exited the hall a periodically. Well Thor. It would seem that we are alone once more, with nothing but our own company.

Morpheus chuckled lightly and leaned back against the wall next to her, looking down at the cat next to them as she talked. "Well, that's nice to know -- it means you're fitting in nicely. I hope you got to camp safely? Still keep up with your mother regularly? She's a very nice woman, as far as I can remember." He usually parted with his lovers on fairly decent terms -- whatever that meant for a god regularly going from woman to woman.

------------------------

Thanatos stood with his arms folded, surveying the room of demigods and gods before him. A lot of the children would be dead within the next thirty years, he was sure, with all the monsters out there ready to kill them -- what a pity. A side-glance at the entrance showed him a girl holding a tall scythe in her hand, leaning against the wall. She was definitely one of his -- so few children that weren't his own used scythes.

"Aah, yes," he said to himself, then called to the girl: "Lena, correct?"

Green wrote:Hilda smiled and interwove her fingers. "Um, no, not yet madre. It's big and the print is small. However I have read the first two units." The daughter of Athena chuckled, shaking her head. "I've had to take sort thirty minute naps in order for my brain to absorb all the information." She touched her forehead for emphasis. Hilda spent more time in the camp's library than anywhere else. Even the arena.

He nodded, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. You're total bada$$." Nizamat frowned a bit when Set stated that he was misunderstood. "You're only misunderstood, father, because for the past five thousand years you've been viewed as this evil deity, but in fact, you're not." He told him. "You're the one who balances out the good in Egypt." He took his thumbs out, some sand grains falling to the floor. "But I'm sure you don't need me to tell you all this."

Athena nodded. "Yes, sleep is rather important. Do you regularly sleep a full eight hours at night?"

Considering that she was a goddess, Athena didn't really need to sleep often, if at all -- but she would rather have the downtime than keep on going with all her research, her duties. Hypnos had told her, years ago, that her brain would go haywire if she didn't let it rest; she found it to be more of a mortal problem than an immortal's, but she still followed through with his advice, if only to keep her mind sharp.

----------------------

"Yes," Set mused to himself, scratching his chin, "I suppose I am that balance. But it's not very fun being the negative side of the spectrum, is it? Yet somebody has to do it."

It wasn't as if he hated his dominions -- in fact, he adored them, or at least had learned to tolerate them gleefully over the past millenia. It was only when the other gods turned against him did he curse his fate; he had little hope of overpowering such a large number of do-gooders, especially those who were just as powerful (or even more) than he was. He was still alive and in power, though, so he guessed that he didn't have much to complain about.

Lindsey Callaghan wrote:Lindsey replied. "Deimos I hope that is okay." She did hope that her mother would not mind that, Lindsey wanted Nemesis on her side in her relationship. She found it difficult enough to make a relationship work out, without the gods conspiring against them.
    "If you have any advice for making a relationship work I would be grateful for it." Truth be told, she hoped that Nemesis would have some. Lindsey was completely in love with Falko, she feared however that she would be the one to mess it up.
    "I love her Mom... With all my heart."

"Oh yeah, Deimos? We're chill." Nemesis wasn't exactly on speaking terms with the god of terror, but that was okay. He didn't need to know who his daughter was dating, nor did she think he would even care. Deimos was no fan of Aphrodite and Eros and their silly obsession with love and all that pertained to it.

She bit down on her lollipop, splitting it in half with a rather loud crack inside her mouth as she thought a moment. "Well, I dunno much 'bout relationships, that's somethin' for the 'dite kids to tell you. All I can say is compromise a whole lot, and make sure you aren't being a complacent nincompoop whenever she does something wrong. Or you do something wrong and she tells you -- don't get mad. Learned that the hard way with Hecate." She chuckled to herself, chewing on the severed half of the Dum-Dum.

High King Fridgeir wrote:I shivered and said, "Extremely. I have a question though. What made you attracted to my mother?"
    I smile and say, "I will try mother."
    I walked through Olympus with Chloe. She wanted to see dad, so I took her here to Olympus. When I saw dad, I pointed to him and said to Chloe, "That's dad."
    When Gabe pointed to dad, I ran up to him and hugged his leg, followed by me saying, "Daddy!"

Epiales scratched his chin thoughtfully. What a specific question -- it wasn't like he could remember every single woman or man he'd ever been with. "Don't exactly remember, but I think it might have had somethin' to do with her... personality? Her attitude. I liked her gumption."

-------------------

"Yes, I would hope so." Persephone sat back and dug through her mind for another conversation topic to bring up.... Damn it. "Well, have you looked into things you want to do outside of camp? Or are you going to stay in camp to be a mentor?"

---------------------

Briareus grinned widely and patted the little girl's head as she clung to his leg. "Well, howdy, you two. How are ya? You're gettin' big there, Chloe." He looked the duo up and down, taking in Gabe's height in comparison to his sister's; he hadn't seen their mother in years, but he could remember her face clearly. He had liked her enough to go back to her -- wasn't that a doozy? So few gods ever went for the same mortal more than once.

X wrote:His frown deepening, Alucard said "I have tried a couple times, but each time Iris said 'This call cannot be completed. Try again  later.' There aren't many things that that could mean..." As Alucard finished, he clenched his teeth slightly.

Thanatos paused for a moment, taking a moment to glance over his shoulder at Iris, the goddess of rainbows, clad in her bright tie-dyed t-shirt and flip-flops. "Well, I will say there are some areas of the world where the IMs won't work. But I can't confirm for certain if that's what you're experiencing."

How depressing: he couldn't even remember if the boy's mother were dead. Surely he would remember if one of his past lovers had passed on?
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/24/2014, 11:06 pm

I smiled up at my father and nodded my head.It was an eventful journey that's for sure. Mother is fine as far as I know, nothing big has happened since we moved here from Greece. She still speaks fondly of you as her King of Dreams. I said with a giggle. I noticed him eying my cat and I pulled Chessie into my lap. This is Chessieblud. Mother let me get him soon after I turned thirteen. You can hold him if you'd like to. I didn't know if he liked cats or not but I figured it was worth a shot.

--------------------

I glared at the tall man and pointed the sharp side of my scythe at his sternum. You better have an extremely good reason as to why you are talking to me old man. I don't particularly care for anyone outside of immediate family. I didn't know my father's real appearance because mom never talked about him, so if this was him I was going to soooooo get hit. Thor growled next to me and my gaze turned from a glare at the man to a piercing glare of hate. As I've said before, I really don't like people other than Thor and my mother. So if this was my father he had some proving to do before I warmed up to him. With my arm extended how it was my "Death To All" tattoo on my inner left arm was visible. Did I care that I had that phrase permanently on my skin? Oh gods no. I was a daughter of Thantos, the god of death, I would assume such words and actions were normal for me and my siblings.
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 12/25/2014, 12:05 am

I say, "Oh... OK..."
    I say, "Well, Im either gonna go stay with dad or help teach archery at camp if there aren't many Apollo campers during the winters."
    I say, "Hey dad... Ive been fine..." To be honest, his father was one of the few people Gabe trusted with Chloe.
    I say, still hugging daddy's leg, "I have been doing great! I love camp, I love Gabe, and I love you daddy!"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/25/2014, 11:32 am

Lindsey listened glad that Nemesis seemed to be okay with the relationship. "You and Hecate dated?" It came to a surprise as Lindsey never thought of her mother really dating anyone mortal or godly. But to each their own, she wasn't going to complain or anything. Besides, getting on a god's bad side happened to be a really stupid thing to do, incredibly so. Especially if one happened to enjoy life. "That's cool." She said hoping that her question would not anger her mother.

"I'll bear that in mind Mom." She hoped that everything would work out in her own relationship.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 12/25/2014, 3:00 pm

Rebecca smiled. "Hello Clio. I am, well. And thank you, Mother." Her mother may have been hyperactive, but they were very similar nonetheless. Rebecca wasn't very hyper, but being a demigod, ADHD was a given. She just continued smiling and nodding at whatever my mother said.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 12/25/2014, 6:15 pm

Was Khione trying to humiliate her by her last sentence? She knew how highly Lakisha thought of herself. And the hobby part, was that a subtle hint to her thieving practices?

"Oh, I've been battling, going on combat missions... You know, whatever had to be done against the giants," she said with a touch of arrogance to underline she was on the winners' side. "And on your side? Your...hobbies?"

Jana Kay walked in and went straight for Demeter's wheat throne, beaming. She had a poppy flower over her ear and radiated good mood.

"Mum!" She called.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/25/2014, 9:03 pm

Hilda shook her head slowly. "No, I usually get about six or seven hours of sleep." She answered honestly and put her note pad away. "I'll try to work on it though, madre." The young demigod smiled and looked her throne over. "Do you have an owl you keep? I know that seems like a loca question."

The son of Set nodded. "Eh, well you did kind of cut up Orsis..." Nizamat mumbled. "But that's the past. I'm sure you both have gotten over it...hopefully." Niz took in a deep breath, holding it in a while before exhaling.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/27/2014, 10:15 pm

[ooc: Oi, sorry for the late reply, kids. I was a bit busy with my family over the holidays.]

nerissaterzi wrote:I smiled up at my father and nodded my head.It was an eventful journey that's for sure. Mother is fine as far as I know, nothing big has happened since we moved here from Greece. She still speaks fondly of you as her King of Dreams. I said with a giggle. I noticed him eying my cat and I pulled Chessie into my lap. This is Chessieblud. Mother let me get him soon after I turned thirteen. You can hold him if you'd like to. I didn't know if he liked cats or not but I figured it was worth a shot.

--------------------

I glared at the tall man and pointed the sharp side of my scythe at his sternum. You better have an extremely good reason as to why you are talking to me old man. I don't particularly care for anyone outside of immediate family. I didn't know my father's real appearance because mom never talked about him, so if this was him I was going to soooooo get hit. Thor growled next to me and my gaze turned from a glare at the man to a piercing glare of hate. As I've said before, I really don't like people other than Thor and my mother. So if this was my father he had some proving to do before I warmed up to him. With my arm extended how it was my "Death To All" tattoo on my inner left arm was visible. Did I care that I had that phrase permanently on my skin? Oh gods no. I was a daughter of Thantos, the god of death, I would assume such words and actions were normal for me and my siblings.

Morpheus smiled slightly and reached out to pet the cat's head -- nice little creatures, they were. Very intelligent. He was more of a dog person when it came down to it, but he knew cats slept much more frequently; their dreams were very... odd, to say the least. "Well, I hope you're coping well so far from home. How was Greece, by the way? I rarely see news of my homeland anymore."

---------------------

Thanatos almost chuckled at the sheer folly of threatening a god, but he repressed it to look at her almost condescendingly. The nerve of some children. "If you're not here to speak to me, then where is the logic in coming to Olympus at all? That's all these visits are for -- unless you simply wish to make a fool of yourself in front of all these people?"

His children could be such dolts sometimes, trying to be tough and failing sorely. Did he think sometimes they could back up such actions? Sure. But this one, apparently, did not know the proper time and place for such attitudes. Oh, if this got out with the other gods, Persephone and the Dream Team would never let him live it down that his own child thought it necessary to threaten him, the god of death.

High King Fridgeir wrote:I say, "Oh... OK..."
    I say, "Well, Im either gonna go stay with dad or help teach archery at camp if there aren't many Apollo campers during the winters."
    I say, "Hey dad... Ive been fine..." To be honest, his father was one of the few people Gabe trusted with Chloe.
    I say, still hugging daddy's leg, "I have been doing great! I love camp, I love Gabe, and I love you daddy!"

Epiales scratched his chin and looked at his son pointedly. His mother wasn't the most important thing right now, to put it bluntly; his well-being sort of came first at the moment, if any of those talks about being fathers with the other gods had taught him anything over the centuries. "Come straight with me, kiddo -- how long has this nightmare thing been happening? I can't guarantee a solution but it'd be nice to know."

------------

"No college plans?" Persephone wasn't exactly disappointed in those plans, but they didn't seem very... well, interesting? His father was a nice man, certainly, but she didn't see what he was going to do living with him until the end of his days or whatever he planned to do there. And archery at camp? Apollo had the most kids of any god, next to Hermes and Thanatos, so surely there would be many Apollo kids interested in keeping up the archery range. "No career plans otherwise?"

--------------

Briareus chuckled and picked up the light little girl, putting her on his lap. "Well, that's pretty nice to know. How was the trip to camp? Not too hard, I hope; sorry I couldn't help you two, but y'know. Godly rules." Cue pointed glance at Zeus, who was sitting on his throne sipping a Dr. Pepper whilst talking to his brother Poseidon about whatever the Big Three always talked about.

Lindsey Callaghan wrote:Lindsey listened glad that Nemesis seemed to be okay with the relationship. "You and Hecate dated?" It came to a surprise as Lindsey never thought of her mother really dating anyone mortal or godly. But to each their own, she wasn't going to complain or anything. Besides, getting on a god's bad side happened to be a really stupid thing to do, incredibly so. Especially if one happened to enjoy life. "That's cool." She said hoping that her question would not anger her mother.

"I'll bear that in mind Mom." She hoped that everything would work out in her own relationship.

"Oh, we're still in a relationship -- an open relationship or somethin', nothin' too special. Feels sort of weird considering that I've been with mortals more than gods the past... century or so." Nemesis shrugged and bit off the other half of the lollipop still clinging to the stick. Basically all the gods were bi- or pansexual; so many myths pertained to their romances, failed or not, and she and Aphrodite always found it necessary to subtly remind Zeus of the many issues he had caused (and still did) with all his lovers during their golden years back in Greece. It was their way of saying "Hey dude, you're an idiot but since you're our king we're not gonna say it to your face."

X wrote:Nodding slightly, Alucard decided to change the topic. "So, what is the underworld like? From most people I have asked, the Underworld seems to be a desolate wasteland full of despair."

Thanatos snorted slightly and shook his head. "Perhaps I've gotten too used to it during the course of my immortal life-- but it's almost pleasant and peaceful if you're in the right places. Asphodel is peaceful, but dull. Elysium and the Isles of the Blest are very nice -- strive to get there, if you can. The Fields of Punishment and Tartarus and most of the riverbanks are, obviously, places to avoid, given how dangerous they are."

moriarty wrote:Rebecca smiled. "Hello Clio. I am, well. And thank you, Mother." Her mother may have been hyperactive, but they were very similar nonetheless. Rebecca wasn't very hyper, but being a demigod, ADHD was a given. She just continued smiling and nodding at whatever my mother said.

Hebe nodded sagely, sitting back on her chair to keep from bouncing out and onto her head -- the smack of a marble floor was probably the least ideal thing for anybody. The sugar high still held strong, however, and kept her bouncing her leg to keep busy and to keep from letting it go numb during the course of their conversation. "How is camp? I hear you're doing wonderful from Chiron, but I'd much rather hear about it from you. Have many friends? Enemies? Eat well?"

Santa Morgan wrote:Was Khione trying to humiliate her by her last sentence? She knew how highly Lakisha thought of herself. And the hobby part, was that a subtle hint to her thieving practices?

"Oh, I've been battling, going on combat missions... You know, whatever had to be done against the giants," she said with a touch of arrogance to underline she was on the winners' side. "And on your side? Your...hobbies?"

Jana Kay walked in and went straight for Demeter's wheat throne, beaming. She had a poppy flower over her ear and radiated good mood.

"Mum!" She called.

"Oh, you know. Trying to keep Antarctica from melting entirely and flooding this godforsaken planet on Poseidon's orders, pissing people off with too much snow in the Great Lakes area. All good fun." Nice try baiting her, but no dice. The ice goddess was too good at this game from centuries of being subtly b!tchy to other gods when she wanted to be. Boreas knew all too well about her issues with basically everyone in general -- her own children were not exempt from such things. She chose to be with Gaea merely to spite Zeus and his followers for centuries of his idiocy; Gaea would probably have been a slightly better ruler, not chasing after so many lovers like he had. "And how is all that... camp-ish stuff? Climbing rock walls and singing campfire songs and whatever cheesy nonsense they throw at you in that hellhole."

-------------------

Demeter smiled warmly at Jana and leaned forward a bit to look at her.  "Oh, hello dear -- it's been a while since I've seen you! How have you been?"

It was always so nice to see her children; she had many, not on the same scale as Apollo and Thanatos and Hermes of course, but still enough to keep her occupied on Olympus visits. It seemed as if she were one of the only gods ever excited for such "trifling" events, but honestly, they didn't know how worthwhile it was to talk to their children. (That may be because she was biased due to the whole Persephone-Hades tragedy in which she would lose one of her favorite children for half the year to that brat, but whatever. Calm, calm.)

Green wrote:Hilda shook her head slowly. "No, I usually get about six or seven hours of sleep." She answered honestly and put her note pad away. "I'll try to work on it though, madre." The young demigod smiled and looked her throne over. "Do you have an owl you keep? I know that seems like a loca question."

The son of Set nodded. "Eh, well you did kind of cut up Orsis..." Nizamat mumbled. "But that's the past. I'm sure you both have gotten over it...hopefully." Niz took in a deep breath, holding it in a while before exhaling.

Athena thought a second and nodded. She had had several over the centuries, mainly barn owls or snowy-white owls that seemed to like pecking at her fingers whenever she wanted to take a book off her shelf, but... they were still pleasant creatures overall. Sometimes she felt as if she preferred canaries, though. "It's not an odd question at all; I keep one in my home with me, named Socrates, but wherever I go I may summon any owls I wish and communicate with them. Some of your siblings have that power, too."

--------------------

Set shrugged. "Oh, sure. He still sort of hates me for it, but Thoth is a good sport, he backs me up sometimes." Well, barely, if he was being truthful. Thoth would only back up Set if he were the more logical and reasonable side; the god of magic wasn't too emotional, much like the Greek goddess Athena, whom he felt was an emotionless robot who needed to loosen up a bit. "We can't really hold grudges too well if we want to keep the world from falling into war."
    Rhyolo
    Rhyolo
    YOLO MASTER

Male
    Number of posts : 1245
    Registration date : 2014-05-25

Post by Rhyolo 12/27/2014, 11:05 pm

"Pretty much. So how are you do ing with the spli..... I mean uh headaches?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/28/2014, 2:08 am

"That's cool Mom, hope she makes you very happy." Lindsey said with a smile, not really wanting to talk about the relationships of Gods any more. It could be a very touching subject, one false move and one of the Gods is trying to kill you or just make your life a nightmare. She knew full well that if anyone Godly or not wanted to hurt Lindsey their target would be Falko, who Lindsey loved dearly. Best way to keep the girl you loved safe, play nice with all of the Gods and try your best not to end up on their bad sides.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2014, 6:08 am

"Well I didn't make the program now did I," Lakisha said, wrinkling her nose. "Also, I like your outfit -- didn't you dress up as Elsa last Solstice?" She smiled, checking her nails then looked back at her mother with her mismatched eyes. She was tempted to say You forgot to mention how a daughter of Aphrodite made you and your brothers look pathetic when the goddess listed her 'hobbies' but that might have been too far. "Thanks for the shoes you gave me last solstice by the way. They're great."

"I've been great, how about you mother?" The young girl had so much she wanted to talk about: the war, the giants, the new guys at Camp, her new Roman friends, how beautiful Camp Jupiter was, and her happiness at finally dating James, the son of Triton. But she held everything in; after all, she prayed every night to her mother. If she listened, she'd know all that. "Mother, I have a Christmas gift for you," she said and drew a large poinsettia flower from her bag. She had manipulated it's DNA to make delicate golden veins appear in the lush red petals, as well as a sparkling white dust at the tips to symbolize snow

Cleopatra walked into the Hall of Gods like a princess, in a pastel orange top with a white lace skirt, a statement necklace around her neck and peach colored pumps at her feet. Stacked bracelets in gold and orange glistened on her wrists. Her rich brown curls were blow-dried and pinned with a pink silk rose, her glittering make-up done in peach and rosy colors.
    "Mother!" She smiled, bowing in front of Aphrodite.
    To her, Aphrodite looked like a ripe Andalusian woman with velvet hair, shimmering caramel skin and sultry dark eyes glowing like hot embers. Everything about her was flawless, underlined by perfect makeup and opulent gold jewels, yet as she looked at her, her face kept changing, her mouth getting a richer pomegranate shade, her skin literally glowing with health, her black hair curlingjust a bit more...

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2014, 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/28/2014, 11:19 am

"Oh? That's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having that power." She chuckled a bit, tapping her forehead. "But at least Im inteligente."Hilda smiled and tightened her grip on the satchel.

Nizamat sighed and nodded. "That's good, I guess." He checked his watch and smiled a bit. "Well I guess I better get going." He looked up at his father and offered him a hand. "See you later, dad."
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 12/28/2014, 1:20 pm

Rebecca tucked flyaway hairs behind her ear. "Everything is fine, Mother. The food is delicious, the people are nice. No enemies. Yet. " Rebecca was sure that she would make enemies. Her sassy, sarcastic nature would get the best of her, and the fact the her dads spoiled her rotten didn't help her arrogance.
    High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male

Post by High King Fridgeir 12/28/2014, 9:09 pm

I say, "I have had them since I was four..."
    I say, "I might get a job teaching archery with dad. If not I might go to college and try for a degree in, I dont know, maybe cooking. I dont really have anything im good at other than archery, and passing out."
    I say, "Well, it was fine after the Cyclops attack."
    I hug daddy again and say, "Gabe protected me..."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/29/2014, 12:00 am

[ooc: Just a note, cool cats -- since I couldn't post for two days straight I asked Morgan to extend this further (I think to the 30th or 31st?). If y'all wanna keep posting, keep goin', friends.]

Rhyan Landry wrote:"Pretty much. So how are you do ing with the spli..... I mean uh headaches?"

Pyriphlegethon shrugged. They didn't bother him so much anymore, thanks to the lovely advances of Apollo and the other healing gods. "Well, I take some ibuprofen for it and go about my day. Howdy-doo."

[ooc: I assume this is who you're talking to, Rhy? If not I'll edit.]

Lindsey Callaghan wrote:"That's cool Mom, hope she makes you very happy." Lindsey said with a smile, not really wanting to talk about the relationships of Gods any more. It could be a very touching subject, one false move and one of the Gods is trying to kill you or just make your life a nightmare. She knew full well that if anyone Godly or not wanted to hurt Lindsey their target would be Falko, who Lindsey loved dearly. Best way to keep the girl you loved safe, play nice with all of the Gods and try your best not to end up on their bad sides.

Nemesis tossed her lollipop stick into the trashcan and shrugged. "Eh, well. I hope I'll meet your girl next time I see ya -- and I hope the part of me I passed down to you doesn't kick in too badly if I... don't." Somebody had to say it, at least. Nemesis's thirst for revenge for anything, even the pettiest things, sometimes overruled any and all reason that anybody could throw at her. It was an unfortunate part of her powers, sure, but she could handle it sufficiently well to make sure she didn't go too far.

Otherwise, she would have trapped Hermes in Tartarus a long time ago.

X wrote:Smirking, Alucard said "Oh really now? And I had oh so hoped that one day I could grow up and be just like my dear old daddy. An omnipresent personification of death, who also happens to be a soul-sheppard." Alucard finished in a joking tone, smirking slyly

"I wouldn't wish such a fate on anyone," Thanatos muttered darkly, looking at his son a bit sternly. Such joking about death, making light of his job -- it wasn't exactly disrespectful, but it wasn't good to make light of such a dire situation, either. Being an angel of death was a difficult job, and he wouldn't wish it on anybody that wasn't immortal.

Morgan Landry wrote:"Well I didn't make the program now did I," Lakisha said, wrinkling her nose. "Also, I like your outfit -- didn't you dress up as Elsa last Solstice?" She smiled, checking her nails then looked back at her mother with her mismatched eyes. She was tempted to say You forgot to mention how a daughter of Aphrodite made you and your brothers look pathetic when the goddess listed her 'hobbies' but that might have been too far. "Thanks for the shoes you gave me last solstice by the way. They're great."

"I've been great, how about you mother?" The young girl had so much she wanted to talk about: the war, the giants, the new guys at Camp, her new Roman friends, how beautiful Camp Jupiter was, and her happiness at finally dating James, the son of Triton. But she held everything in; after all, she prayed every night to her mother. If she listened, she'd know all that. "Mother, I have a Christmas gift for you," she said and drew a large poinsettia flower from her bag. She had manipulated it's DNA to make delicate golden veins appear in the lush red petals, as well as a sparkling white dust at the tips to symbolize snow

Cleopatra walked into the Hall of Gods like a princess, in a pastel orange top with a white lace skirt, a statement necklace around her neck and peach colored pumps at her feet. Stacked bracelets in gold and orange glistened on her wrists. Her rich brown curls were blow-dried and pinned with a pink silk rose, her glittering make-up done in peach and rosy colors.
    "Mother!" She smiled, bowing in front of Aphrodite.
    To her, Aphrodite looked like a ripe Andalusian woman with velvet hair, shimmering caramel skin and sultry dark eyes glowing like hot embers. Everything about her was flawless, underlined by perfect makeup and opulent gold jewels, yet as she looked at her, her face kept changing, her mouth getting a richer pomegranate shade, her skin literally glowing with health, her black hair curling just a bit more...

"Oh yes, those things. Yes. You're welcome." And of course, Khione could not remember for the life of her when she had ever given such an atrocious child such gifts -- last winter solstice, was it? Well, perhaps she had packed up a few things lying around to send to some of her kids; Boreas had always urged her to take a bit more of an interest in her kids, probably on that brat Hera's orders. Family this and family that. Wasn't the Greek gods' family tree messed up already? And dragging mortals into it, too.

"I wouldn't remember if I wore such a dreadful thing last year," she continued on, leaning her head in her hand. "Such an overrated movie now. An adaptation of the original 'Snow Queen' would have been much better -- if only Disney knew any creativity anymore."

-----------------

Demeter couldn't help but smile even wider when she saw Jana's gift -- such a beautiful thing! "Oh, my, it's absolutely stunning -- thank you! It reminds me of the flowers I grew in my fields back at Greece with Persephone, so many centuries ago."

It certainly wasn't a natural occurrence in nature for a flower to look like that; the goddess was not exactly a scientist on par with Athena or the other gods/goddesses of knowledge, but she knew nature very well, and knew such a thing was not within the natural realms of plant reproduction. Poinsettias with golden veins and white tips weren't out of the realm of possibility, but Demeter loved nature and all the things that came out of it. Science? Perhaps not nearly so much. "How exactly did you do this?"

---------------

Aphrodite turned slightly to look at her daughter, her eyes raking over the girl's outfit and, mentally, she approved such a thing. It didn't exactly fit with the whole winter theme, but still a wonderful outfit in general, nevertheless. "Cleopatra! How wonderful to see you, you're looking absolutely radiant today."

Another once-over. The goddess could admit she liked her shoes, but she thought she had basically every other component of Cleopatra's outfit in her infinitely-large closet somewhere, probably hidden under mountains of shirts and dresses and shoes. "Tell me, how have you been? You're growing more beautiful every year, every time I see you."

Green wrote:"Oh? That's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having that power." She chuckled a bit, tapping her forehead. "But at least Im inteligente."Hilda smiled and tightened her grip on the satchel.

Nizamat sighed and nodded. "That's good, I guess." He checked his watch and smiled a bit. "Well I guess I better get going." He looked up at his father and offered him a hand. "See you later, dad."

Athena shrugged slightly. It wasn't exactly as if the owls gave her great benefits by their mere presence, but they were such darling things, so capable of learning -- although a parrot was a bit more vocal. "Perhaps. Intelligence works just as well as any power if only you know how to utilize it. Brain over brawn."

----------------

Set took his son's hand, shaking it slightly before pulling away and leaning back on the throne he was on. "Well, goodbye. Have a... safe trip home, I suppose." And so he could finish his crossword puzzle before Thoth got to him in a few hours. It wasn't like he had that many kids to visit him, anyway -- which was his fault and thus something he would gladly accept responsibility for.

The less kids, the better.

moriarty wrote:Rebecca tucked flyaway hairs behind her ear. "Everything is fine, Mother. The food is delicious, the people are nice. No enemies. Yet. " Rebecca was sure that she would make enemies. Her sassy, sarcastic nature would get the best of her, and the fact the her dads spoiled her rotten didn't help her arrogance.

Hebe, leaning her head in her hand with her elbow on the arm of her throne, nodded sagely; her bouncing had ceased for the moment, but she was sure it would kick in again very soon. Those artificial sugars fought tooth and nail to keep her on a sugar high. "Aah, that sounds pleasant. Have you met some of your siblings? I know I don't have many children, but... it would be nice, having my older kids guiding the younger ones."

High King Fridgeir wrote:I say, "I have had them since I was four..."
    I say, "I might get a job teaching archery with dad. If not I might go to college and try for a degree in, I dont know, maybe cooking. I dont really have anything im good at other than archery, and passing out."
    I say, "Well, it was fine after the Cyclops attack."
    I hug daddy again and say, "Gabe protected me..."

Epiales pursed his lips, frowning at some spot over Derek's head. It sounded like those nightmares had lasted a bit longer than "since I was four." Hesitantly, he put out his hand to pat the boy on his shoulder -- to console him or something, he didn't know. He didn't interact well with mortals. "Well, I'm very sorry this is happening to you. You ever try sleeping meds or somethin'? Those things knock you out cold pretty well, I don't think people dream much then. Just don't use 'em too much, that's not very good."

-------------

"Cooking is pleasant," Persephone replied, nodding at Kenny. "Culinary school is admirable, no matter what anyone else tells you. Have you ever tried studying anything outside of it? Perhaps you aren't looking very much, because I'm sure a boy like you knows a bit more than just cooking and archery." She wasn't exactly the best cheerleader for her kids, but she couldn't help it. The boy seemed just the teeniest bit unambitious, in his mother's point of view; he didn't seem to expand his horizons very much.

-------------

"That's good, that's good." Briareus paused to look at his son -- very tall and muscular boy, obviously very strong and well-tuned in fighting. And then he looked at the little girl on his lap, hugging him; it was such a large contrast, he almost thought the two weren't related at all. She was just so dependent on her brother that, a bit softly, the sea god suggested: "You ever think about what you're gonna do when you get too old for camp, Gabe? Chloe here can't have you around forever, sorry to say. Would you stay there to be a mentor, or...?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/29/2014, 4:14 am

"I am sure I will be fine, I understand that you are a busy God you cannot always afford to set aside time to see me or my girlfriend." She replied, part of her mind now wondering if Nemesis might one day pay Falko a surprise visit. Now that was a terrifying thought as she did not know how either of them would react to the presence of the other.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 7:44 am