A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

the hills are alive with the sound of -- OH GODS IS THAT A WASP [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

the hills are alive with the sound of -- OH GODS IS THAT A WASP [private] Empty the hills are alive with the sound of -- OH GODS IS THAT A WASP [private]

Post by Kendall 5/9/2015, 3:12 pm

So, Bee may have snuck away from her cabin before lunch and ran for the hills. Not because she was an early bird or anything and absolutely wanted to start doing activities immediately, in fact far from it, but she didn't want any of her cabinmates breathing over her shoulder for any reason at all as one or two seemed very apt to do. For the past month and a half, a few of them had been subtly nagging her to go pick up a weapon, figure out her abilities, embrace them, and then use them because oh my gods Bee you have gifts as much as the rest of us. She'd stubbornly refused for the most part, still partially out of denial of her heritage and newfound life and partially because she wanted to spite those assholes out of another pawn to their schemes. It was hard to ignore the whispers about Cabin 21, and it frightened Bee to even be distantly related to any of them.

So: She'd train on her own. In secret. Without them knowing. Maybe. Hopefully. Find her own way without their help. Get strong. Go home before turning 18. Be safe. Yeah. This was a good plan.

The daughter of Melisseus wasn't exactly stealthy, but somehow she had gotten out of the cabin without so much as tripping over a loose floorboard while they were all gone at lunch (she had claimed she'd "catch up" but suspected no one would care what she was up to) and ran off into the sunset to the weapon shed with the dagger Stella had left on her pillow in hand. No one was around as far as she could see; they were all stuffing their faces at lunch and probably starting fights. Chiron had showed the arsenal to her on the camp tour when she first arrived, and thank God because she threw that piece of crap back into the pile and picked out her own weapons, ones she had had her eye on since she had first taken a closer look at the stores a week ago: some sort of mace and another dagger, albeit slightly shorter than the one she had just returned. She'd been right: they both felt balanced in her hands, perfect for her to use if she ever got desperate enough.

Cue her scurrying out to the power-developing arena with her loot in tow and hoping no one would see her, and then stopping short in the entrance to the PDA as she took everything in for the second time during her stint at camp. For the most part, it looked like a regular workout course in some parts: weights and a weightlifting bench going up to the 100 lbs each in one corner, some sort of running track encircling the arena with a speed checker you'd see on the side of the road, other things. Nothing she could or would use. Bee powers related little to running fast or to lifting weights.

She hadn't planned this far. Spur of the moment decisions to sneak away from people who could care less about her were, probably, a stupid idea but then again, so was the entire concept of this stupid camp Jesus Christ what am I going to d-- She stopped mid-thought as a faint buzzing sound approached her back.

Missus? Hello hello again miss.

"Oh, it's... you." Bee turned her head slightly in bewilderment as a bee began to encircle her head and then, after a brief pause, landed on her shoulder. It felt like absolutely nothing.

Remember me, missus? From the forest a week ago. We talked somes. I'm Daisy. You look mad?

"Uh. Well." She probably looked ten times more uncomfortable now than before. Was this really a power she could train? Just talking to bees? Maybe she had something else she could do, because as far as she knew no other demititan had so few powers and, for that matter, such a useless one. (Not that she'd actually seen them all use their powers. Why would she?) There was nothing here for her, maybe, except a few dummies standing so innocently in the middle of the arena. She could... talk to bees or something and maybe persuade them to attack people? Something like that. She had no idea what she could do and maybe had been hoping to figure that out today. "I... might need help with something, Daisy."

~~~~~

[ooc: i have no idea how this came to bee it just happened

also i have no idea what this place looks like sooo]
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

the hills are alive with the sound of -- OH GODS IS THAT A WASP [private] Empty Re: the hills are alive with the sound of -- OH GODS IS THAT A WASP [private]

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2015, 4:53 pm

"Daisy? Who's Daisy?" Shay asked, taking another bite of her sandwich.

She had been sitting here for a couple of minutes, eating the sandwich she had stolen earlier from the kitchen -- bacon, avocado, lettuce and tomato, thank you very much -- while resting from her power training.
    A power-developing arena... They didn't have that in Seattle. Back there they put the emphasis on hand-to-hand combat, weaponry and martial arts. If you had powers, that was awesome, but they let you deal with them on your own. It was your job to learn to control them, and there was no power-developing arena or the like. Since she didn't really know what you were supposed to wear for this arena, she had simply come in workout gear: yellow bralet under a white crop top and Nike leggings with her neon blue running shoes.
    So Shay was here, having a small lunch break before resuming her training when a small girl walked in. Shay had immediately recognized her dark skin and black hair; it was Bea, one of her cabin mates. The daughter of Melisseus. Cough.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/10/2015, 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

the hills are alive with the sound of -- OH GODS IS THAT A WASP [private] Empty Re: the hills are alive with the sound of -- OH GODS IS THAT A WASP [private]

Post by Kendall 5/9/2015, 5:17 pm

Bee almost had a heart attack when a new voice, much louder this time, came into the picture -- she hadn't seen her there and, frankly, hadn't expected to see anyone at the power-training arena during lunchtime. The new girl was nonchalantly eating a sandwich and dressed like she was about to run a marathon in the city. Not too far from the truth, maybe.

It took her a second, but the daughter of Melisseus recognized this girl: she was one of her cabinmates in good ol' 21, but they had never really talked at all. (Her name was Sheila or something, wasn't it? Something with an sh- sound at the beginning. Shiloh. Sheena. Shawna. Shakira.) She could not for the life of her remember half of the other demititans' names, probably 'cause she never talked to any of them for more than two minutes before scuttling away to hide in a corner while they talked about their silly camp stuff or try to pick fights with other people (including each other, ha). It didn't help that she had never been formally introduced to most of them and had little to no basis to go on for playing her guessing game with their names except for the daily almost-fights they all got into.

Hopefully this one was nice.

"Uh. Heh. Sorry, didn't see ya there." Was her face burning? It felt like it. Maybe -- hopefully -- Dionysus had amped up the sun's heat a bit today and that was why she felt so uncomfortable. "I was just, uh, talking to this bee here. Named Daisy."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2015, 5:38 pm

Oh, a bee. That made sense, for a daughter of Melisseus. Shay sometimes regretted Astraeus didn't have any sacred animals, she was jealous of all these people talking to horses and squirrels and owls...
    The Asian girl finished her sandwich and tied her hair back into a ponytail. "Why aren't you at lunch?" she asked while warming up, making swirls of dusk light spiral in the air above her open palm.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/9/2015, 5:50 pm

"Uh, well. Didn't like sitting at the table." Bee frowned at the other girl, who was beginning to do this weird manipulation thing with this semi-dark substance swirling above her hand. Like light manipulation, maybe? She didn't know. She didn't really want to know, she didn't care because what was she gonna ever need to know that for? Nothing, unless for some reason they accidentally switched powers one day and needed to fight some insidious creatures to get everything right again. Knowing this camp and all its alleged magical properties, she wouldn't be surprised if that were the case one day. "I don't like hearing them pick fights all the time, either, but whatever. What can I do? I just wanna train and then go home as soon as possible. I don't like it here."

We'll always defend you, missus! The bee on her shoulder buzzed almost happily; she would have patted it in response, but frankly that would have looked a lot weirder than this whole situation already was.

"Er, thanks, Daisy."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2015, 5:55 pm

"Yeah their fighting and bickering does get on my nerves too," Shay sighed. "I just ignore it. I'm not here for them -- well most of them anyway, some are really cool," she added, thinking of Ferro and Lexa.

Shay focused and the swirls became more and more intense until the air above her hand glistened and glowed with fading evening lights, like a miniature sunset casting her in a warm halo of shimmering red and orange shades.

"Where are you from?" she asked when the little girl said she wanted to go home.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/9/2015, 6:22 pm

Some are cool? Well, Bee certainly hadn't interacted with any demititans worth calling "cool" -- not even this girl, because who knows. Maybe she'd turn around and blast her full in the face with that pretty light magic stuff from her hands, and then Bee wouldn't have a face or something. She didn't have a high enough opinion of any of the people in camp yet to think otherwise. Magic seemed to be very dangerous, and if Bee wasn't careful there were billions of potential problems she could get into.

She watched the girl form her lights into some sunset-esque display, admiring it for a brief second before deigning to form a reply in her head. "Oh, just Maryland. My mama works at the University of Maryland in their entomology department. How 'bout you?"

Maryland? We have cousins there, there in Maryland. Daisy buzzed a bit louder now, but stopped when Bee gave her (or him?) a slightly annoyed look. But you say you need my help? I will help my lord's daughter any time. As will my brothers and sisters.

Asking a little bee for help. How low would she go? "Uh. Yeah. You know anything about, ah, Melisseus' powers, Daisy?"

He controls the bees! He is a master beekeeper. He controls bee hives and honey very well. You could maybe do the same, but only if you do the tries.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2015, 4:49 am

Maryland? Definitely not her neighborhood. Shay guessed entomology had something to do with bees or other flying nuisances otherwise she didn't really see why Melisseus paid attention to Bee's mom in the first place. There again, maybe his attraction had nothing to do with her job; Shay's mother had nothing to do with night and sunset either.

"Seattle," she replied. "Amazon.com Inc. Can you control honey?"

The light grew until its texture started changing, solidifying into smooth tentacle-like ropes which spread out slowly, glowing with reddening colors. Shay looked over to her right and made them wrap around the nearest dummy, closing her hand into a fist as she ordered the light to throttle the armored straw mannequin.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2015, 12:24 pm

Amazon? Like, the big website where you could buy anything from phone cases to live ladybugs? Well, it was a large company, so it wasn't too far-fetched that this girl's parent -- mortal parent -- could work there.

Bee shrugged, side-eyeing the light tendrils as they began to strangle the dummy. Would have assumed they were some sort of light show-esque display if it weren't for the fact that she could physically see them squeezing the dummy like a dog's squeaky chew toy. "There's no honey around, so I can't really try. And why would there be? That isn't, like, the most common power out there."

You can try calling my brethren? Daisy suggested suddenly, buzzing in what seemed like a serious tone. Why did it sound like that to her? Maybe Bee could sense bees' emotions too. They might come. Lord Melisseus wouldn't leave his childs defenseless.

"Maybe, Daisy. How far's your hive?"

Mile at most.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2015, 1:37 pm

"Maybe you can create it," Shay said. She snapped her fingers and the tendrils dissolved back into pure light which faded away into nothing a couple of seconds later. "A lot of us can generate stuff our Titan parents control." The Asian Amazon mused about it for a second, honey as a weapon? Well it could make you all sticky and sweet-smelling to insects, wasn't there actually some kind of torture like that? Smearing someone with honey and tying them up somewhere really sunny to attract wasps and stuff? Brrr, some people were really messed up.
    There again, you could make someone slower by putting honey on the ground, or making them temporarily unable to see by blasting honey into their eyes. Also their nose. Their ears. Maybe honey wasn't that useless, I mean have you tried getting that stuff off of you?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2015, 2:37 pm

Creating honey? That was a possibility too, maybe, but she didn't have anything to create it from. Light, like what this other girl used, was one thing; honey was another.

"What other powers do you guys have?" Bee wondered aloud, half to herself and half to her cabinmate. She had rarely seen the others use their powers, besides some brief flashes of light or something and gusts of wind and all -- but that was only when she had to turn around and leave, because she sure as hell wasn't gonna sit and watch them beat the snot out of other people.

Missus? Missus, try calling my siblings. That's a start, isn't it?

"But how, Daisy?"

Concentrate in your head. S'how lots of demigods do it -- to summon stuff.

"On what?"

Uh. Bees. My hive a mile away. Maybe. I think there is one closer.

She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed deeply, wondering where the hell her life was going. What if she concentrated... and nothing happened? Oh well. It wasn't like anyone but Bee could tell what was going on in her head. Hesitantly, she frowned to herself and concentrated, mentally chanting to herself: Bees. Bees. Flock to me. Bees. Do something please.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2015, 6:32 pm

"I can control earthly and stellar winds," Shay said, looking at the sky as she counted, "I can summon meteorites, manipulate darkness and dusk light, and teleport, but only at night and during sunsets."

She awkwardly listened to Bea talking to a moving dot in the air, hearing only a part of the conversation as she wasn't blessed with bee communication powers, then stayed respectfully silent while Bea closed her eyes and frowned in concentration. The young girl had such a look of focus on her face Shay'd feel bad about making a noise.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/11/2015, 2:58 pm

Bee only half-heard Shay's reply, concentrating with a furrowed brow on calling out to a hive or something as Daisy buzzed on her shoulder. It was almost like the bee was humming to comfort her, soothe her head from going a mile a minute as she mentally chanted: Bees. Bees. Come to me. It kept her grounded there, even though it barely registered in her head; the only thing she noticed was a faint buzzing from the back of her own mind, almost like a ringing as she thought and thus overtook her internal chanting and rendering it into a half-word, half-bzz monstrosity of thought.

But at last, she resurfaced, opening her eyes and frowning at nothing in front of her. Bee rubbed her forehead and took a quick glance around. "Anything?"

Nope. But perhaps be patient? Takes time to fly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 7:49 pm