A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Rescue mission (private for Lindsey and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Rescue mission (private for Lindsey and myself) Empty Rescue mission (private for Lindsey and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 5/24/2015, 12:57 pm

The road disappeared underneath the car's wheel, the yards swallowed chunk after chunk. Her gaze focused straight ahead, Aria stepped on the clutch and changed to fifth gear, the little speed pointer far past the legal 130 mph now. But she didn't care. Emily was in danger.
    She had received her message the day before and immediately packed up to leave, with Artemis' blessing. Katy and her had 'borrowed' a car at the first best town and now both were sitting in the worn leather seats, the filthy floor sprinkled with old gum wrappers. Aria tried not to gag at the smell of old carpeting mixed with lingering smells of coffee and Chinese food. She hated Chinese food.

She tapped her fingers against the wheel as she drove, dressed in a dark gray shirt and silvery camouflage trousers. Emily and her group had been sent to take out a dragon in his lair in Wisconsin, but the mission was apparently not going as planned. Katy and her were in Iowa now, they would arrive at the lair in a few hours.

"If you want to get some sleep, go ahead," Aria told her sister-in-arms, steadily accelerating.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Rescue mission (private for Lindsey and myself) Empty Re: Rescue mission (private for Lindsey and myself)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/24/2015, 1:09 pm

"I'm fine babe." Katy said before she winced, she did tend to be flirty with just about everyone. She tried her best to prevent it but it did sometimes stick out. Even tired, she still looked gorgeous, being a Hunter as well Katy represented one of the most desirable forbidden beauties. She tended to draw unwelcome attention from monsters, boys and the girls as well.
    "Sorry but really I am okay Aria if anything you should rest and let me drive for a bit." She suggested carefully, not wanting to provoke the wrath of the other Hunter.
    The car really did smell, she wished they had stolen something cleaner instead. But they really didn't have much choice. Katy didn't know Em or the other Hunters on this mission too well however, they were her sisters so if they were in trouble she would go help them. Besides, if she hadn't volunteered to go with Aria, her sister would have gone regardless.

She wished she had brought her guitar with them, her fingers drummed the dash tunelessly as they itched for something to do. Katy wanted to play a song but she didn't have her beloved instrument with her. "They'll be okay." Katy whispered her Polish accent filling her voice. "If what you've told me about Em is true then she'll have found some way to survive." She hoped to soothe Aria, not provoke her wrath. Katy did not want to be the monster facing her today, though she wouldn't admit it but Katarina Ziechcinska Wioleta Los, daughter of Himeros was more than a bit wary of the daughter of Zeus.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Rescue mission (private for Lindsey and myself) Empty Re: Rescue mission (private for Lindsey and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 5/24/2015, 2:43 pm

"I don't doubt she has found a way to survive, the question is how long it will last," Aria replied, still focused on the road. She then slapped the wheel, "Why isn't this thing going faster? Next time, I don't care, I'll just break into a Porsche store."

She took an exit and went to another highway, checking the panels. Thirty minutes later, they arrived in Wisconsin and proceeded to drive towards the cave she had marked on her map.
    Because yes, the dragon was hiding in one of the biggest caves in Wisconsin. Subterranean areas, Aria shivered. She hated those; she tended to be a bit claustrophobic sometimes.

Even though some Hunters were iffy about Katy's place among them, Aria had no problem accepting her. She knew how powerful lust and desire could be and having someone like Katy on their side surely wouldn't harm them. As long as she didn't kiss her.

"We should be there in about two hours," Aria said, then flattened the gas pedal. "Maybe one and a half."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/24/2015, 4:58 pm

Katy was silent for a while. "Yeah but that might bring a lot of mortals on our tails and I don't think my power would work on the state police." That might have been a joke but it didn't possess the right tone. Something had to be off, with the exception of Em, the other Hunters were both veterans or had been. They shouldn't have been so easily bested.
    "Do you want me to take over?" She offered to Aria, doubting that she would accept the offer. Katarina happened to be more than find with letting Aria take the lead, not only was she a better fighter, she also had been a Hunter longer than Katy. It made sense for her to be in command.

She wondered how long Emily might manage to survive for, the monsters tended to go for her first because she was just that fraction slower than the rest when it came to moving. She kept up okay, but by Zeus she could never dodge as fast as them.
    How she happened to be the last Hunter standing Katy did not know. Perhaps there was more to Em that she appeared or allowed herself to be?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/26/2015, 6:25 am

"You think I care about mortals? These bawdy, beef-witted apple-johns?" Aria replied, traces of her epoch poking through. "My sisters are in danger."

She weaved between the cars, wishing she could be riding a motorbike. Or better, flying. But nooo, crappy Ford it was.

"I can keep it up," she told Katy, "thanks though."

They stopped only once at a station to fill their car up and buy some sustenance (chicken sandwich and nachos) before getting back on the road. Soon they were surrounded by pure green forests, rivers snaking close, and Aria started to relax a bit more -- until she saw the panel for their exit and abruptly swerved to the right.

About twenty minutes later, they left the car in the parking of one of the national caves and walked towards the entrance, where a group of tourists was already massing.

"Caves," Aria whispered, a bit jittery. "I can smell them though, they're somewhere inside.... Can you sense it too?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/26/2015, 6:47 am

"Yes because I happen to like not being shot at!" Katy exclaimed. "You think I don't? We cannot help them if we get arrested." She added quietly, well aware that getting into an argument with a daughter of Zeus happened to be a terrible idea.
    Katy shut her eyes as Aria weaved through the traffic, she didn't get scared much but Aria's in a hurry angry driving was terrifying.
    Katy was grateful when they stopped for a bite to eat, though Aria had to scare off some guys who decided to flirt with the other Hunter whilst Aria paid for their food. Katy sucked at getting people to leave her alone.

"Relax beautiful, this will be just like Dublin." She offered Aria a nervous smile, Katy expected Aria remembered Dublin very differently to her, since it involved a lot of running, fighting and crawling through disgusting pipes.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/27/2015, 10:00 am

"I got arrested dozens of times before, and I'm still going," Aria muttered but didn't want to start a fight. So she gritted her teeth and focused on the surroundings.

Mixing with the crowd of tourists, the two teenagers entered the cave. Everything was cold and damp inside, and the entrance shrunk behind them to a glowing patch of bright sunlight. Aria's eyes adapted to the dim lighting almost instantaneously as she followed a pair of Spanish tourists on the wood-laid path weaving between the larger stalagmites. Relying on her sharpened Hunter senses, Aria looked from side to side, trying to find clues. They skirted a large underground lake lit with colored underwater lamps, curtains of stone hanging on the cold and knobby walls. Trying not to gag at the smell of stale air and slimy lichen, the daughter of Zeus put a hand inside her jacket, feeling the cold but reassuring shape of her hunting knife.

She felt weak in this huge, threatening underground area. It seemed to her like she was in the stomach of a monster, ready to crush her. She tried not to think of the thousand of ways she could get lost here, or the tons of stone above her head just waiting to fall loose.

Suddenly, Aria straightened. "Over there," she said in a whisper to Katy, pointing at a tunnel closed by a string of rope. Pretending to admire the hanging stalactites, they let the group take their distance, then tiptoed to the tunnel and slipped in. In front of them, she could see nothing but thick darkness and steeled her gut. She may be in Hades' territory but she'd be out soon, right? Find the dragon, rescue her sisters, and tadaa! Out of here.

The light got dimmer and dimmer until total darkness settled on the two Hunters, barely chased away by their silvery glow. Aria took her night vision glasses from her backpack and let her world get adjusted to shades of green. Now she just had to follow the smell of scales and rotten flesh.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/27/2015, 10:47 am

"Yeah this is definitely like Dublin." Katy muttered quietly to herself, she ignored the looks given to her by a teenage guy who looked about her age. She winked at him playfully before mentally kicking herself for it. At least with Aria here, he would not be able to attempt something.
    Katy jumped when Aria whispered to her, it caught her off guard. "Solid copy babe." She winced, the more nervous Katy got the more flirty she tended to become. The other Hunters had to just deal with it, because despite her best efforts Katy could not help it. As they became surrounded by darkness, Katy paused too to place her own night vision glasses on. "Just like Dublin but with a dragon." She whispered to herself nervously, glad that Aria appeared to be so calm.

They walked on a bit more, Katy trying not to gag on the disgusting smells which surrounded them. The path the pair walked down eventually widened till they found themselves in what could be described as a large cavern, with a ceiling that bristled with stalactites (I'm not certain if that is the right one). Near the entrance to their tunnel lay a body, not Em's. It was close to the entrance so that Katy only noticed it because her boot brushed it. "Aria, we've got a sister down." She knelt next to the fallen Hunter, checking for a pulse. She shook her head, a silent single to Aria that they were down a Hunter. "Guess Ann-Marie won't be complaining about my music no more." She whispered quietly, her voice sad and disheartened by the loss of a Hunter.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/29/2015, 7:03 am

"Don't say that," she whispered, kneeling next to the Ann Marie's body and softly stroking her blood-caked hair. "She was a brave Hunter…."

Clenching her teeth not to show her pain, Aria stood back up and a burst of wind howled around her. That dragon is going to pay. Breathing deeply, she tasted the air and walked forward swiftly but carefully, like a predator stalking a prey. Then she caught sight of something further away, between two stalagmites.

"Eggs…," she whispered and hissed a curse. "Styx! It's a female!"

Female dragons were much more vicious than male ones when they had kids. Suddenly, a shout echoed around the cavern and Aria's gaze snapped back upwards. Emily!

She crept forward quickly, sliding between stalagmites and carefully eluding the bones that might give her away by crunching under her boots. Skulls of animals and humans alike lay around and Aria bared her teeth again.
    Following the musk of the dragon, she tried to catch a glimpse of where it might be with her night vision glasses but couldn't make anything out, be it through view or through smell. She was underground and those abilities were weakened.
    A burst of burning heat forced her to flatten herself against the ground, fire spewing above her -- if she hadn't rolled out of the way, she would've roasted.
    Smelling a bit of burned hair, Aria got back on her feet, bowstring drawn back and two arrows notched. In front of her stood the dragon, her mouth glowing with fire.
    She was rather small for the dragon standards, with four legs but no wings. Her golden eyes shimmered in the middle of her narrow face, two huge horns protruded on her forehead and her titanium-hard scales shimmered in patterns of orange, green and gray.

"Split up!" she called and ran to one side just as the she-dragon let out a new stream of fire at the place she had just stood at.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/29/2015, 8:14 am

"Her bravery was never in doubt only her taste in music." Katy replied to Aria, despite the constantly sniping at each other Ann-marie and Katy had been good friends. She was a good hunter, but even their best could still fall against the monsters they hunted.
    "By Zeus that is not good." Katy echoed, especially if their were hatchlings around. It might help explain as to why three hunters got all but wiped out in a fight.

She followed after Aria, avoiding the bones as best she could. The sudden burst of heat and flame, forced Katy to take cover in the corridor which they charged somewhat stealthily through to get here. "Five by five, I got this." She acknowledge Aria's instruction well order, opening up with her repeater crossbow. A couple of the bolts pinged harmlessly off of it's scales however one of them punched through sinking into the monster's flesh causing it to howl in pain. The dragon turned, unleashing a torrent of fire at the Polish hunter. She dived to the ground, rolling to avoid the blast of fire.

Slummed against the wall lay the form of Em, she appeared to still be alive judging from the gentle movement of her chest caused by her breathing. The young hunter must have been hit by the dragon's tail and flung against the wall. The were still missing the third hunter however. Katy scrambled to avoid the dragon, she ran fumbling to reload her weapon. A bow might have been easier but Katy's rate of fire happened to be appreciated even if she lacked accuracy.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/30/2015, 4:20 pm

Aria hadn't replied anything though it hurt her that Katy would disrespect Ann-Marie's body like this..

But right now she had no time for that.

The dragon had followed her with her fire, forcing her to jump upwards and let a fine shimmer of electricity spread across her fingertips, making her able to stick to the walls like glued. Crawling upwards across the ceiling, she hung down by her feet in a crouching stance like a strange silvery bat and drew her bowstring back faster than the human eye could see. Arrows wedged themselves in the creature's flaming mouth, sticking up between its teeth.
    It howled in pain, retreating a bit.
    Aria dropped from the ceiling and hurried over to Em's silhouette. She was alive, good. But where were the others?

"Look out," she whispered to Katy under the dragon's howls and started creeping to the left for a good shooting angle.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/30/2015, 6:04 pm

Aria's warning came to late and the dragon's tail smacked the hunter off of her feet with a painful crunch. It evidently hurt for Katy struggled to get back up to her feet, moving slowly holding her chest tightly with her left hand. She was alive, but injured, however the dragon seemed to still be focusing on Aria. It might have been able to sense that she was the more dangerous of the trio, what with Em down for the count, Katy injured and a very angry daughter of Zeus in her lair. Katy knew who she would take down first, or at least finish off.
    She hadn't meant her friend Ann-marie any disrespect, they had been best friends, the kind of friends who insulted each other and sparred with each other almost daily. At first when the other hunter first joined, the pair had been bitter rivals almost enemies till they finally got along. Katy would miss her friends, the joke was her way of coping as Ann-marie might have done if they were in different places.

Katy grabbed her weapon, having dropped it when a dragon tail hit her, she'd just picked it up when out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of it coming for her again. Fighting through the pain she leapt over it, firing a bolt into the the left hind leg of the dragon, just above the ankle. She landed awkwardly, grunting against the pain, fumbling to pull the lever back one handed so that the next bolt would be slotted into position so she could fire again. "I've been hit." She called to Aria. "I can still fight." She left out the barely part deciding it better to not reveal how much pain she was in.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/4/2015, 4:47 pm

Aria stayed by Emily, taking a second to pour a trickle of nectar into her half-open mouth. Then she notched more arrows and attacked, trying to hit the eyes. But the she-dragon was quick and agile and knew how to use the cave to her advantage in flickers of movement. Most of Aria's arrows bounced off stalagmites, two or three wedged themselves under some of her scales.
    But nothing lethal.

Aria crouched behind a boulder and unsheathed one knife, the blade reflecting the silvery glow of her aura. The daughter of Zeus let her finger run across its sharp edge, spreading an electrical charge into the metal and increasing the voltage with a touch. The weapon started to crackle.
    Breathing deeply, Aria moved forward silently, trying to smell out the location of the monster while twisting between stalagmites.

Fire erupted somewhere to her right and Aria jumped in that direction, leaping over a boulder and sending her knife flying in the same quick motion. It circled through the air and hit a place in the she-dragon's neck, having her give a couple of jolts with the painful electroshock.
    But that just made her angrier.
    As the electrical charge died out, she spewed a roaring inferno into Aria's face who only managed to deflect it by crossing her forearms in front of her head, creating an electromagnetic wall which pushed the flames around her. However she could feel the top of her head smelling burned and rolled out of the way as another river of fire threatened to burn her alive.
    She hid behind a boulder and saw Katy next to her, holding her foot. It looked seriously nasty. A clash of thoughts briefly battled in her head: she hated to leave a monster alive but the others were wounded and injured. While she fought, they lost precious energy. If anything went wrong, they could die. She had to get them out of here as fast as possible, maybe try to lure the dragon out of the cave. In the open, killing it would be child's play. But here, underground... Everything was messing with her. Her arrows didn't fly straight. Her powers were weaker.

"Katy," she whispered. "Take Em and whoever else and let's get out of here. This is probably one of the fastest dragons I've ever encountered... and she's strong. We need to go. Can you walk?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/4/2015, 5:03 pm

"Yeah..." She answered her voice tight with agony. "My chest is hurt worse than my foot." The Huntress got slowly to her feet, picking up a unconscious Em with some difficultly, she held her up with an arm wrapped around her chest. She began to make her way towards the exit when the dragon swung it's tail at them. Katy saw the attack coming and flung her sister aside, but failed to move fast enough to save herself from it.
    The tail struck Katy full force knocking the hunter off of her feet, she landed hard on the stone floor, the impact knocking the breath out of her lungs. The Dragon was upon her before she could recover her footing. She brought her crossbow up, firing several rounds from the Repeater till it clicked empty. The monster with a claw knocked her weapon out of her hands, raising it's paw to strike down the Hunter. Katy shut her eyes, not wanting to watch the blow that took her life fall.

Suddenly an arrow flew out striking the dragon in the attacking limb. It penetrated the arrow, Em let out a quiet gasp of breath she was alive but exhausted, firing that arrow had taken far too much effort. She was still alive, but in no shape to fight. Katy not finding herself dead, opening her eyes scrambling awkwardly to her feet whilst the dragon was distracted trying to pull the arrow out with its teeth.
    "Glad to have you back." She said breathlessly, picking Em up and letting her use Katy for support.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/5/2015, 12:55 pm

Aria gritted her teeth in a wince as the dragon almost killed both Katy and Em. Fear and anger mixed and she scowled; with a couple of leaps, she landed next to the eggs, drawing her remaining knife and holding it threateningly over the first one.

"OI!" she shouted to get the she-dragon's attention, her voice amplified by the cave into a booming roar. "Get over here you hedge-born pignut, else I smash thine eggs!"

That indeed got her attention.

Screeching in fear for her young, she bounded over, knocking a stalagmite cleanly out of her way and growling at Aria. She knew she had about a second before ending up as demigod toast but she forced herself to wait, and just as her mouth started glowing with fire, she tossed the egg right at her. Every movement was an impulse and she didn't really think about strategy or plans, she just acted on instinct. And her only care right now was to get Katy and Em safely out of the cave. As the egg smashed open in front of the dragon, Aria looked over at her two sisters and gave them a direct glare. The message was 100% clear. Scram.
    Because now, the horned monster had totally forgotten about the two wounded preys in the back, all her rage and fury was directed at the glowing silver silhouette of Aria, who did her best to dance between the flame jets, spiky tale and sharp talons raining down on her. The dragon was out of her mind. Aria's arrows bounced off her armor-like scales, only a couple hitting weak places by luck. But she managed to lure the monster further into the cave and away from her sister in arms, and that was the most important thing right now.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/5/2015, 6:58 pm

Katy wanted to object to Aria's glare but it was a clear command. She nodded the once in understanding, if anyone could distract the creature long enough for them to escape it would be Aria. Hopefully, Gods willing Aria herself would either be able to slay the beast or escape herself. With considerable difficulty, Katy pretty much carried Em at a painfully slow pace. She wasn't about to leave her sister behind or make Aria risk herself any more than she needed to.
    She half carried, half dragged Em, the young hunter pretty much limp from exhaustion. Her eyes however revealed the horror that they were abandoning their sister, Aria to fight the monster alone even though Aria was buying them both time to escape. She seemed to silently scream ARIA! in her stare, if she had the strength she would have struggled but she could barely move as it was.
    Katy struggled to move with Em, her ankle burning, her chest screaming in agony at each breath. She managed with a supreme effort get Em to the entrance to the chamber where the tourist where.

She set Em down against a wall. "Stay here, I'm going back for Aria." Drawing one of her daggers, Katy went to head back for Aria. Either they all went home or no one went home.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/1/2015, 1:22 pm

Aria was trying very hard not to die. If it weren't for her Hunter speed and strength, she would've been torn to shreds ages ago. She was bleeding from numerous wounds and a side of her shoulder was burned, the outline of the hole in her shirt still crackling with orange sparks.

The dragon kept spewing fire at her, to which she replied with strong blasts of electricity -- even though it made her give painful jolts, Aria knew she was only getting angrier and more dangerous. However her anger made her erratic, and that was Aria's threat: the dragon was being more and more unpredictable, and it was closing in on her. She had no time. With a surge of energy, she jumped up on the cave's wall and coated the soles of her shoes in a thin film of electricity, the static making her cling to the stone like glue. Then she made a run for it, sprinting upside-down across the cave ceiling, feeling the blood rush to her face. If she could draw the dragon out, if she could just get back outside, she could assemble a storm...

But she knew the fight had to stay down here. She couldn't afford to put the others in danger, not only her dear sisters but also the mortal families who were visiting the place. This had to end here and now. She dropped down close to the tunnel that led back up and ducked behind a boulder, hearing the angry roars of the dragon bounding after her. She slid to the right and...

Someone was there. Someone else. Aria raised her head a bit and almost growled.

"Katy!" she hissed, sliding over to her. "What in Zeus' name are you doing? I told you to get out, that was an order!"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/1/2015, 1:50 pm

"Aria! Either we all go home or none of us do." She wasn't about to leave her friend and fellow Hunter to die along in the darkness. Katy could tell that Aria was furious with her, rightly so since she had disobeyed a direct order from Aria in person. Katy wouldn't be able to move as fast as her comrade, nor was she as tough or as powerful. Yet perhaps with the two of them here they might just stand a chance.
    She drew her dagger. "So chief what's the plan to kill this thing." She had lost her other dagger earlier in the battle and her beloved crossbow was wrecked by a dragon claw. One weapon against a powerful monster that already has killed two Hunters, severely injured a second and wounded two others.

Katy didn't regret coming back to help her sister in the fight, if Em had been in any fit state to fight she knew that she would have also rejoined the battle.
    "Also I'm not kissing this thing I don't know if my kiss will work on it." She hissed to Aria, shuddering at the memory of yhe Cyclops den they cleared out the other month. The less said about that mission the better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 12:57 pm