A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sista Sista (Private)

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Sista Sista (Private) Empty Sista Sista (Private)

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/19/2017, 12:32 am

Sista Sista (Private) Tumblr_oahdneeDIH1u4caf9o4_250Sista Sista (Private) Tumblr_oahdneeDIH1u4caf9o9_r1_250

Allison was having one of those days where she was feeling absolutely deplorable about herself. She'd been having days like this for a long time, so she usually knew how to deal with it, but today those tactics weren't working. She had done her hair and makeup, and was wearing nice clothes (specifically a black shirt with flowers on it, a pair of jeans, and brown boots). She had gone and spent some time with her cousins, Miles and Emma. She had even tried debating some things with an idiot in the mess hall, but none of those had worked.

Allison had resigned herself to a good book and the fountain in the cabin courtyard. She was sitting on the ground with her back against the fountain. One of Allison's key learning talents was languages, and this book was in own of the newest languages she had conquered: Gaelic.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Sista Sista (Private) Empty Re: Sista Sista (Private)

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 12:43 am

Sista Sista (Private) Tumblr_inline_nfyu1zxE9L1t5d5ze
    Like always, Jedidiah Holston was reading up on a prominent and respectful women throughout the ages. She had gotten obsessed with different Queens, generals, and in this case, Supreme Court justices. She was determined to learn everything that she could.

As she walked outside of the Athena cabin, Jedidiah looked up from her book and saw one of her half siblings, Allison, reading a book as well. She had always gotten along with her. She even moved to the bunk next to hers. Deciding to go and speak, Jedidiah made her way over to her half sister and sat down next to her. "Good afternoon." She greeted. "What are you reading?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/19/2017, 1:35 am

Sista Sista (Private) Tumblr_oahdneeDIH1u4caf9o4_250Sista Sista (Private) Tumblr_oahdneeDIH1u4caf9o9_r1_250

Allison was a bit shocked when someone was standing over her. She was small and people tended to overlook her. A wave of relaxation came over Allison when she looked up and saw Jedidiah above her. There was a lot of people who Allison wouldn't have wanted to see right then, but Jedidiah wasn't one of them. Allison had always really admired Jedidiah. She was such a strong girl and so smart.

"Oh! I'm reading Tonn Chlíodhna. It's an old Irish tragic love story." Allison said and turned the book around. "It's in its original Gaelic." Allison said with a kind of proud smile. "Would you like to sit?"

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 1:45 am

Jedidiah lifted her eyebrows in surprise. "Oh! I don't think I've ever read that one before. Sounds like a great read." The dark skinned daughter of Athena shifted some and made herself comfortable on the ground next to Allison. "I'm currently reading up on Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She's my favorite Supreme Court justice of all time." Jedidiah turned the page in her book and sighed contently. Knowing that most children of the wisdom goddess were great mutlitaskers, she decided to pick up a conversation with Allison. "So, how are things for you? All is well?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/19/2017, 2:11 am

Allison flipped through her book as she talked to Jedidiah. "Uh... It's all going pretty good. Y'know, one of those days." Allison said with a shrug. She wasn't really an open person about herself and how she was feeling, except to Emma. She found it a lot easier to just deal with her problems on her own. "I've been spending a lot of time with Emma and Miles." Allison assumed that Jedidiah knew who she was talking about. Her bunk was littered with pictures of the three of them and their other cousin, Dallas. Allison sometimes felt bad that she didn't spend more time around the cabin, but being best friends with Emma was a full time job.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 2:23 am

"Miles, the son of Hypnos and Emma, daughter of Zelos. I know who they are." She stated without looking up from her book. Jedidiah remembered seeing pictures of them on and around Allison's bunk. She shifted a bit to get herself more comfortable. Allison's family situation was an unique one. Not only her, but her cousins as well were children of Greek gods. Quite interesting actually.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/19/2017, 2:32 am

]

Allison nodded. She appreciated people who already kind of knew about her family's very strange situation. Allison was spending a lot of time researching their family's situation and history to see if there was absolutely any reason why this would have happened, but she just kept coming up short, no matter what route of research she took. "Yeah... And our cousin Dallas is coming, too. It's all very stange." Allison's eyebrows turned in. Dallas' mortal parent was Allison's dad's third sibling, along with Emma's dad/ Miles' step-dad. Everyone had thought Dallas was the fully human member of their family, but even that had gotten turned upside down.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 9:01 am

Jedidiah turned her head slowly to look at Allison. "There's another one? Who is his god parent? I would make a prediction, but there's seen to be no pattern that I can follow to make an educated one." She turned back to her book. "I'm not one for gossip, but did you hear that one of our brothers broke up with their girlfriend? I could hear screaming an hour ago about it. Never seem him so frizzled."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/19/2017, 2:24 pm

Allison laughed at the comment about her family. "Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense. He's a son of Psyche. His dad is my uncle. My dad's brother. I'm really trying to figure this all out, but I keep coming up short. There's no way this is just random chance. I need to find someone who has way better at genealogical research. It's just not my best skill." Allison closed her book. She couldn't really focus on it now.

Allison was the gossip type, but she liked to act like she wasn't. "Oh yeah, I heard that. I think I heard that his girlfriend like kissed some guy she barely even knew while he was being attacked by some monster.

OOC: Don't hold me to Dallas's god parent. I'm only like 75% sure.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 4:03 pm

OOC: Okie dokie!

BIC: She smirked, shaking her head and continued to read. "Well, maybe you'll be able to find out. Our mother would know a lot about past histories and genealogical family lines." Jed cleared her throat and turned the page. The daughter of Athena glanced over at her before turning back down to look at the pages of his book.

All she could do was shake his head. "That's horrible. He must feel like he's heart has been ripped out. I wouldn't, though. Just making an observation."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/19/2017, 6:59 pm

Allison started to pick at the underside of her nails. She was trapped back in the thought process of trying to figure out her family. Miles may be random, since his mortal parent isn't actually related to the other three, but there was no way that chance had just landed on all 3 of the Ryder brothers. There has to be something about our family, but any means of researching our family just hit a brick wall in like the 1700's. I just don't know how to find any more information." Allison realized that she was rambling and her family wasn't very interesting to other people.

Allison was a little confused by Jedidiah's comment. "You don't think that you'd be absolutely crushed if your boyfriend kissed another girl?" Allison asked.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 8:01 pm

"Sleep, Wisdom, Zeal and Soul. Seems to focus on the body doesn't it? The four god parents that center around the human body and brain." Jedidiah shrugged her shoulders. "Seems to a slight pattern there, but don't take my word for it. The gods could also just fancy your family. It happens sometimes."

"...Sure." Jedidiah looked up from her book. "I mean, I don't have a boyfriend, but yes. I'd be upset, but having screaming fits aren't going to change what he or she did." The daughter of Athena turned her gaze back to her book. She was like most of her siblings in her cabin; emotionally distant. To her, it didn't seem like a flaw, but rather an advantage.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/19/2017, 10:55 pm

That was why Allison always loved talking to her siblings. They always had such ingenious and insightful comments on things. "No, that totally makes sense. Hypnos is like the subconscious/ unconscious form of the brain. Athena is the intellectual/ learn-y part. Zelos is the interacting with others/ striving to be better part. And Psyche is the more deep and philosophical part of what makes us us." Allison said, really starting to think about it. This, could really lead somewhere. Allison had a few ideas on where to go from there.

One of the things that Allison didn't understand about her siblings, though, was why they all were so detached from emotions and caring. Maybe it was because she had spent so long caring about Emma so deeply and diligently that it had formed something inside her. Maybe it was her Ryder blood. All 4 of the Ryder kids were very caring about each other and friends. "I don't think love is practical. I don't think we do things in love because they make sense or could change things."

Last edited by QTheRevolution on 1/20/2017, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/19/2017, 11:40 pm

"It would make even more since if you were, let's say, a daughter of Aphrodite, Miles a son of Hedone, Emma a daughter of Eros, and Dallas...a son of Himeros. Then you know that they all center around love and beauty. The gods are funny that way." Jedidiah scratched the side of her face. "But how you four are set up now make sense, but not as much sense as the example I gave you."

Jedidiah turned the page and responded. "Love isn't rational or practical. At all. Love makes things sloppy and," She shook her head. "But that doesn't mean I'm not open to it. I just haven't connected with someone on a mental level yet."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/20/2017, 6:01 pm

Allison smiled to herself. She just really loved her family. "I can't wait for everyone to meet Dallas. He's unique in the best way possible." Allison said, looking over at Jedidiah. She felt kind of bad for always being on about her mortal family, especially when she had suck killer godly siblings. "I'm so lucky to have two amazing families. With my siblings here, and my cousins from the mortal world, it's just great."

Allison nodded. "I can understand that. So many of our siblings just see themselves as the kind of people to stay single forever because they are just too practical for it. I can't wait to be in love." Allison said, pulling her knees up to herself, and started to pick at their shoe laces.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/20/2017, 6:45 pm

Jedidiah didn't have any mortal siblings, but she did have mortal cousins. Three actually, two boys and another girl. They got along well whenever she left camp for the holidays. "That's good. You'll be able to connect with them on a personal level."

"Being in love is a new experience that I haven't experienced platonically." Jedidiah looked over at Allison, then back down at her book as she continued to read. She was nearly finished with it.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/21/2017, 3:38 pm

Allison's eyebrows turned in as she opened her book again. "Of course I've platonically been in love. Em, Miles, Dal and I have the best friends back home and I love them, of course." Allison read a little bit of the book in front of her saying. "I don't think I've ever been romantically in love though. I dated a lot of boys before coming to camp and, like, I thought I was in love, but I really don't think that I was." Allison sighed. She knew that she was only 16, but ever since coming to camp there had been absolutely nothing. Objectively, she knew she didn't need a guy. Allison sighed and said, kind of to herself, kind of out loud, "Don't let romantic love be the only kind of love you strive for."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/21/2017, 3:59 pm

Jedidiah moved a strand of dark brown hair behind her ear. "Dating for me has always been a weakness for me, I guess. I've never actively gone looking for companionship before. Usually I'll have a mental connection with someone or I won't. It's weird, but it's me." The daughter of Athena shrugged her shoulders and flipped the page of her book. "You're a pretty and smart girl. Someone's bound to fall in love with you or at least deep like."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/22/2017, 5:24 pm

Allison smiled. "I really hope so." Allison looked around and read a few pages of the book in front of her. "If you're looking for someone to make a deep and meaningful relationship with someone, I could help you find someone. Back home I was a bit of a matchmaker." Allison flipped the page in her book and read a few lines before stumbling on a phrase that she didn't know. Her eyebrows turned in and she pushed her blonde hair back out of her face, and finally figured out what it said, and then moved on.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 5:40 pm

The daughter turned to look at Allison with a raised eyebrow. "What, so you're also a daughter of Aphrodite now?" Jedidiah teased. She didn't know that fact about her half sister. The more you know? "...Because you're my sister via Athena I trust you to match me up with someone, but don't let it be someone I can't have a conversation with."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/22/2017, 11:12 pm

A huge smile grew on Allison's face as she thought about who she could pair Jedidiah with. "You may have to wait a few weeks, but I have the absolute perfect person for you." Allison had never met a more interesting and intelligent and quarky person than Dallas, and she really thought that they could do well together. Dal was a real special guy. Allison flipped to the last page of her book and read the end of the story.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/22/2017, 11:42 pm

"...Okay." Jedidiah let out a short sigh and flipped another page of her book. "Is there anything you can tell me about that person before you try and set us up? Also," The African American demigoddess put her book down and looked over at Allison. "You're staying the entire time that we meet. Or at least stay until the boy gets rolling." Jedidiah stood up from the ground and instead sat on the edge of the hearth.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/24/2017, 12:39 am

Allison smiled. "Well, it won't be that difficult for me to be there, because he's my cousin." Allison hoped that Jedidiah understood how big of a deal that was to her. It wasn't easy for them to accept someone into their little world, but she liked Jedidiah. "Well, Dal is something special. He is one of the absolute smartest people I know, and he likes the world to know, but he has the deepest capacity for caring and hope that I've ever seen. He's kinda quarky, and sometimes struggles work, but he is so honest and general." Allison said. She missed Dallas so much.

[
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/24/2017, 1:30 am

Jedidiah paused. She wondered if dating Dallas would be considered incest. Dallas and herself only had one familial tie which was Allison, but other than that, they didn't share any DNA. "How old is he?" Jed asked, looking over at Allison as she closed her book and placed it to the side.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/24/2017, 1:59 am

"He is turning 16 next week." Dal was almost perfectly between Allison and Emma in age, but when people spent time with the 4 of them, everyone assumed Dallas was almost Miles' age, who was 18. Dallas had a certain way of carrying himself that was just impressive. He knew who he was at this point. Allison was super jealous of that. "I can't wait for Dal to get here."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content