A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Backpacking (Private)

Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3181
    Registration date : 2011-12-21

Backpacking (Private) Empty Backpacking (Private)

Post by Samrenango 6/15/2012, 6:50 pm

As I entered the healthy trees of the great mountain, a small stream came into view. I hopped over it effortlessly, and sunk my trekking polls into the moist dirt. I stopped, and waited for Kat to step onto the trail. Sherlock the Labrador padded almost silently behind me, and when he approached the stream, he didn't jump over the obstacle. Instead, he splashed through the clear spring water.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male
    Number of posts : 5225
    Registration date : 2011-11-13

Backpacking (Private) Empty Re: Backpacking (Private)

Post by nix 6/15/2012, 7:01 pm

Kat followed, her backpack slung over her shoulder, as she sluggishly followed. "You do this all the time?" She asked him.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/16/2012, 1:16 pm

"Yes. I recommend stretching first, princess," I said, performing my routine of stretches.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/16/2012, 1:32 pm

Kat followed his movements, continously studying him and glancing up, unsure if it was done properly, but when she started to feel a stretch in her muscles, she decided she was doing it right.
    "I'm not a princess," She muttered.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/16/2012, 11:36 pm

I shrugged, after being done with my stretches. "Well, are you ready?" I asked gently. I pulled out another pair of trekking polls from my pack, stretching my arms back. I adjusted the poles that so that is was the appropriate length to her height. I placed the poles in her hands, and said: Here, try these. They shouldn't be taller than when you put your arms out parallel to the ground.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/16/2012, 11:38 pm

"Oh..uh.." Kat blinked, following his instructions. It seemed it was the appropriate length for her.
    "I have a question," She suddenly said, bluntly.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/17/2012, 12:40 am

"And what's that?" I asked automatically, adjusting the harness around my waist on my pack.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/17/2012, 12:53 am

Kat was a bit hesitant. "What...was the you first thing you thought when you met me...?" She asked, a bit concious of herself. She showed a bit of her human side.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/17/2012, 1:13 am

"The first time I officially met you... I thought of you as fierce, and... It seemed like you totally disliked me, from the moment I approached you. You were also tough, and a very hard nut to crack. But then for some reason I promised myself that I'd get you to like me... I mean, not in that way!" I said, nervously.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/17/2012, 1:39 am

"Oh.." She said, tying up her hair in a messy bun. "How long did you have Sherlock for?" She asked. She was feeling curious.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/17/2012, 1:53 am

"Since I was eleven... Now, why are you asking all these questions, especially the first one?" Now I was feeling a little bit curious, like Kat. I had no idea that Kat was feeling curious, though. Speaking of age, in a few days I would be turning sixteen. I had totally forgotten about my birthday.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/17/2012, 2:08 am

"Must be becoming soft," She scoffed, blaming it on that, as she swung the stick. Stupid ADHD.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/18/2012, 6:32 pm

I began to hike uphill, towards where I'd like our camping spot to be, four miles away."May I ask why you're getting soft, Kat?" I said.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/18/2012, 6:51 pm

"You and your dog," She replied, after thinking after a while. "It reminds me of home." She said, quietly, trying to momentarily distract herself from the nice fuzzy feeling she got in the pit of her stomach, as she followed him.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/18/2012, 7:06 pm

I instantly thought that Kat's home was comfortable and cozy. "How was home like?" I wondered aloud, remembering my home, back in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/18/2012, 7:23 pm

"It was...a farm. A really nice farm," She said. "Just my dad and I, and we took care of the animals," She said, not mentioning the brutal kids she faced there, for being a demigod.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/18/2012, 9:35 pm

I nodded, listening. "How was your dad like?" I questioned, picking out a lovely orange flower. I spun around, as fast as I could with a heavy thirty pound backpack without losing my balance, and tucked the stem of the flower behind Kat's left ear. But before this, I put back a lock of her black hair behind her ear. A cold mild breeze picked up, and I used my powers so the wind would travel around me. Too bad I couldn't do the same for Kat, but then I thought since she was a daughter of Chione she wouldn't mind anything cold.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/18/2012, 9:46 pm

Kat pretended not to notice this gesture. She just didn't feel like going all macho on Spencer right now. He was her only friend, she thought, and it was pretty tiring after the previous events to get angry at Spencer. She touched the flower's petals, not used to the feel of having a flower tucked in, especially by the other sex. She felt a breeze on her face, and she enjoyed it, the coolness slightly refreshing her. She strongly disliked the warmth, and often had to use her powers to make the cool air around her, especially during the summertime. She was often cranky then, but with Spencer, she didn't quite so mind. Oh well. That's how it must feel when you have a friend. You suck it up.
    "Well...He believed in me, for one thing. Whenever I wanted to be something, like the president, or later on, when I was interested in law enforcement, he would tell me I have the power to do that, while..." Kat abruptly stopped her sentence, not wanting to really mentioning the bullying she had gone through. It quite explained why she was often oh so guarded, and often insulted others. She had been influenced by these kids.
    "It isn't really interesting," She said, with a sigh. She was somewhat longing for a confidant, but she felt as if she couldn't trust anyone enough to tell them, about her life. Spencer made her forget, who she was.
    She really was turning soft, she crossly thought.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/18/2012, 10:08 pm

Mango Breeze wrote:Kat pretended not to notice this gesture. She just didn't feel like going all macho on Spencer right now. He was her only friend, she thought, and it was pretty tiring after the previous events to get angry at Spencer. She touched the flower's petals, not used to the feel of having a flower tucked in, especially by the other sex. She felt a breeze on her face, and she enjoyed it, the coolness slightly refreshing her. She strongly disliked the warmth, and often had to use her powers to make the cool air around her, especially during the summertime. She was often cranky then, but with Spencer, she didn't quite so mind. Oh well. That's how it must feel when you have a friend. You suck it up.
    "Well...He believed in me, for one thing. Whenever I wanted to be something, like the president, or later on, when I was interested in law enforcement, he would tell me I have the power to do that, while..." Kat abruptly stopped her sentence, not wanting to really mentioning the bullying she had gone through. It quite explained why she was often oh so guarded, and often insulted others. She had been influenced by these kids.
    "It isn't really interesting," She said, with a sigh. She was somewhat longing for a confidant, but she felt as if she couldn't trust anyone enough to tell them, about her life. Spencer made her forget, who she was.
    She really was turning soft, she crossly thought.
    I grinned, "You are interested in law enforcement?" I never thought of or knew that Kat was into law enforcement, if this was a fact.

I was about to ask Kat if she was interested to know about my life before camp, but decided not to. One. Question. At. A. Time. Spencer. Sometimes I have these moments where I just want to all of a sudden burst out in questions. This was one of those times.

In the back of my mind I had also thought that we should get going before the sun sets, even though it was only five in the afternoon and the sun sets here at around tenish. It still took a few hours to arrive to my secret camping spot, locate my hidden hunting rifle in a log, get some food, build a fire, set up camp, though. But, I didn't mind. As a demigod, you're in danger almost every minute of your life, and you don't get to have much free time with all this training, and fighting the evil forces. I wanted to savor this precious moment, here with Kat, while she wasn't pouncing on me. Especially since she is currently in a soft mood.

Meanwhile, Sherlock had gotten bored and decided to go down to a river, not far off from where Spencer and Kat were. Spencer and Sherlock have been backpacking to this mountain a few times before, so Sherlock knew his way around quite a bit. The river wasn't rushing, and the murky blue-green water was on the warmer side. Sherlock waded into the water, and gradually swam to the deep parts of the river, doggy paddling. Down beneath the surface, he spotted a couple coral-colored fishies. He dove under, opening his jaw, preparing for the kill.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/18/2012, 10:18 pm

"I am. I want to do something about the police where I lived. They did nothing. I was often beaten--" She let that slip. Oops.
    "I mean---," She couldn't think of a really good lie, but she was a great actress, although this time it was obvious she wasn't able to cover it up.
    She quickly averted her gaze to Sherlock, her shoulders starting to feel quite sore from the backpack she was carrying.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/18/2012, 10:29 pm

Spencer- I put a hand on Kat's shoulders. "What's wrong? It's fine, you can tell me..."
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/18/2012, 10:33 pm

Kat took the flower out of her ear, admiring it for several seconds. Her topaz colored eyes glanced up at Spencer. "It's nothing I couldn't handle. Just the police was utter crap. What about you?" She asked him whay he wanted to be, lying about how it was nothing.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/18/2012, 11:03 pm

"I don't really know. When you're a demigod at camp, ouu don't really know whoyou are since you don't socialize much with all this training. I guess... A scientist maybe? Or is... Hunting a job?"
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male

Post by nix 6/18/2012, 11:05 pm

"Not sure. Although perhaps you can teach others how to hunt," She said, twirling the flower, before dropping it on the ground hesitantly. "Are we nearly there yet?"
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Samrenango 6/18/2012, 11:21 pm

OOC: Let's pretend we were hiking the whole time...
    BIC: S- I laughed. "Not close at all, about an eighth through!"
    OOC: Sorry for such short post I have to go watch my brother.
    Look at my posts at the bottom.
    http://www.camphalfblood.org/t11619p1075-talking-wit-chiron#920157

Last edited by Samrenango on 6/18/2012, 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 12:40 pm