A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Ryuu, Master of Go

High King Fridgeir
    High King Fridgeir

Male
    Number of posts : 2007
    Registration date : 2012-12-06

Ryuu, Master of Go Empty Ryuu, Master of Go

Post by High King Fridgeir 3/11/2013, 6:18 pm

Ryuu look at his father. Ryuu says, “Are you ready?” He looks at the board. He says, “Yes I am.” He takes out the stones and places one on the 3, 3 point. A star point. That was a casual move for Ryuus’ father. Jin Wei says, “16, 15 point.” Ryuu places a stone at the point. His father places one on the 3, 10 point. Another star point. He seemed to have a plan involving the star points. But, Ryuu was dauntless, despite his unusual playing.
    Wei Jin said, “17, 16 point. The diagonal.” Ryuu placed a stone at that point. He continued with this brawl of Go against his father, placing stones where Jin Wei or Wei Jin told him. After an hour of playing, in the endgame, Ryuus’ father resigned. His father says, “Good job Ryuu. You excelled me in that game. Since you’re a pro, you should enter the upcoming Oza tournament. It is in 3 weeks.” Ryuu said, “Thank you for the game father. And I will. I was planning on doing so for a while.” Ryuu walk outside and see a fresco on the other side of the street.
    Ryuu runs to a building that says 日本棋院 (Nihon Ki-in, or Japanese Go Association). He is very exhausted from the run. Ryuu walks inside and walk up to the counter. Ryuu says to the worker, “Hello, my name is Ryuu Saitou. I would like to sign up for the upcoming Oza tournament.” The worker says, “Yes, do you know the constant rules for every tournament?” Ryuu says, “Yes I do. I also know the embellished rules.” The worker says, “OK, have a nice day.”
    Ryuu walks outside to see a man chastising another. That made it very boisterous. Ryuu walked to the nearest Go salon to play some games. It just so happened to be owned by Cho U. He was the Oza and Kisei title holder. Ryuu walked in, hoping that he would be there. Ryuu paid to get in and saw Cho U. Ryuu said, “Hello Cho U.” Cho U looked at him and said, “Hello Ryuu. How is your father been doing?” Ryuu said, “Good. I may be going against you in the Oza tournament.” Cho U said, “Well, I better watch out. How about we have a warm up match.” Ryuu said, “OK.” Ryuu walks to a table in the back. Cho U follows. Ryuu sets the stones on both sides. Cho U said, “You can go first.” Jin Wei said, “16, 15 point. Then play the diagonal.” Ryuu placed a stone on the 16, 15 point. Cho U placed a stone on the 10, 10 point. Ryuu then played the diagonal.
    Cho U put a stone on the 19, 19 point. Wei Jin said, “18, 19 point. Followed by the 19, 18 point.” Ryuu placed a stone on the 18, 19 point. Cho U placed a stone on the 13, 14 point. Ryuu said, “You aren’t playing all out, are you?” Cho U said, “No, not today. But in 3 weeks, I will.” Ryuu said, “Well, then neither will I.” Ryuu said in his mind, “Don’t play all out you two.” Jin Wei and Wei Jin both said, “OK.” Ryuu placed a stone on the 19, 18 point, capturing the white stone on 19, 19.
    About a half hour later, Cho U said, “I resign. I will play all out in 3 weeks. Until then, train. And so shall I. Then, defeat all your opponents to get to me. If you win, you may get some of the profit from here and the Oza title.” Ryuu said, “How much profit?” Cho U, “50%, 50% each. Half for the Oza and half for the Kisei.” Ryuu said, “OK, I will be leaving now. See you in 3 weeks.”
    Ryuu walks outside and goes to the nearest place to get ramen. He orders some and a coffee. He eats and heads to the school. It was almost time for the Go club meeting. He may be a pro, but he always came to play teaching games with the other members. He walked in the science room to meet the others. Ren and Sho were already there.
    Fist of Shadows
    Fist of Shadows
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14249
    Registration date : 2010-01-22

Ryuu, Master of Go Empty Re: Ryuu, Master of Go

Post by Fist of Shadows 3/12/2013, 6:12 pm

Hey, I like the premise of your story... but, this may just be me, it jumps around a lot and goes very quickly. I personally think you could add a little bit more detail, which would solve both problems because it would connect your ideas more clearly, and give the reader more time to understand what's going on. On the other side, I like the way you write about Go, and actually know about it, it's a game I personally like. You're still a much better writer than I am, honestly, but I... sometimes give good advice. Overall, I think it's good but needs a few small tweaks... sorry...

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 10:42 pm