A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

master of the disco

Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

master of the disco Empty master of the disco

Post by Blaze 7/10/2015, 11:01 pm

So Joel had tracked her down and invited her to go along with him to one of the trails near camp where he would attempt to disco mountain bike. Mia found it nice that he remembered her. After all, both of them had so many friends and so little attention span. They walked to the trail, as it was only an hour away from camp, and it gave them time to continue their conversations they had when they met on the beach. Mia felt bad that she had to leave early, but with Joel's creative mind, she figured he'd discover something to do. The movie she saw was bad, and she would have much rather spent the many hours it took walking to the theater, seeing the movie and walking back talking to Joel. No, she did not have any "feelings" for him or whatever those hopelessly in love demigods called it. Relationships were not her thing, as she had told every guy who tried to ask her out. Mia didn't tell them while they were trying to hit on her because firstly, she couldn't tell that they were hitting on her, and secondly, she enjoyed conversation and would never turn a person down if they tried to talk to her.

Mia and Joel had been walking for forty-five minutes, and Joel told her minutes ago that they were almost there. But all she saw was forest ahead of her. Though, she'd never went through the woods this way. Joel must have known where he was going, and she didn't have any authority to tell him otherwise, but just in case. . .

"Are you sure this is the right way?" Mia questioned him. I mean, she didn't have any other important plans, but being lost in the woods wasn't her ideal activity of the day.

ooc: sry 4 the sucky starter post

Last edited by Blaze on 7/13/2015, 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

master of the disco Empty Re: master of the disco

Post by Guest 7/12/2015, 10:16 pm

"yup! it's right up here!" joel replies to mia with a smile. earlier on he had tracked her down by asking other kids of circe as to her whereabouts. he was quickly informed of where she was and he found her pretty quickly.the boy had a new goal in mind: disco dancing mountain biking. if it worked, man it'd rad. the demigod couldn't keep a smile from being plastered on his face. hehad his bike by his side, and had been pushing it the whole way. he wouldn't ride while mia walked next to him; that'd be plain-out rude.

"here we are!" joel exclaims as he bursts through a thicket which revealed a circular dirt track littered with hills and bumps in it. "i'm going to start up there" joel starts, pointing to the top of a pretty large hill, "and attempt to dance on my bike the whole way down. you can provide beat-box noises!" to be completely honest, joel was extremely excited to try out disco biking. he hadn't ridden his bike in a while, so it would be nice to get back on the pedals. with his stupid smile still on his face, he looks to mia. "you ready for this dopeness?" her questions her, his voice brimming with energy.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 7/13/2015, 7:04 pm

Joel said he had tracked down some of her half-siblings to find her. She figured he had to do a lot of talking to do so, because there were barely any Circe kids at camp. The amount of people he must've had to talk to could've totaled more people than she could talk to in a month. The daughter of Circe, although she knew a lot of people, people hardly could tell you where she was. She could be anywhere. Mia was adaptable. She'd be fine in any environment or place, as long as it wasn't some creepy area. She could even control herself in those haunted houses that were set up during Halloween. Being a child of Circe, nothing should scare you. But a lot of things did scare her.

Mia pushed through the the thicket and squinted as the sunlight hit her eyes. After forty-five minutes of walking through a dense forest that let in barely any light, it took a while for her to adjust. Once she did, she looked around to find Joel, who was looking at a fairly large hill to their left. The hill blocked the light of the sun, so she could look around without squinting. "It's nice here. Do you go here often?" Mia inquired. As the son of Bia explained his procedure to her, her eyes followed his fingers up to the hill he pointed out. "It's a little steep...but I'm sure you can do it! I'll be happy to provide beat-box noises," she giggled. "Uh huh. Let's do this," Mia replied in a cool, joking tone before leaning against a tree.

Post by Guest 7/15/2015, 3:05 pm

joel flashes a smile at mia. "it's a bit steep, yup, but i'm always up for a challenge," the demigod remarks, his voice upbeat and determined. he plops himself down on the ground for a second to make sure his shoes are tied tight, then stands back up and sits down on his bike's seat. his bike had been through hell and back, from racing downhill mountains in colorado to riding through pits of mud in trails in upstate new york. hopefully it wouldn't let him down on this adventure. with a nod to mia, the boy turns around and starts pedaling, slowly making his way up the large hill.

goddess, i've gotten out of shape. joel was panting and felt completely drained by the time he made it to the top of the hill. puffing out a short burst of air from his lungs, the son of bia tightens his grip on the bike's handles until his knuckles were white. he had this. there was no way he could fail. forcing a smile on his lips, the boy pushes down hard on the left pedal of his bike, sending him off on his next quest. disco mountain biking; it was to go down right now. for joel, history was being made. no one else probably cared, but joel did, and that's what mattered to him.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 7/15/2015, 6:07 pm

Mia waited patiently as the energetic son of Bia peddled his way up to the top of the hill. That must've been an exhausting ride. She couldn't clearly see Joel from the bottom of the hill, but she could see his heavily panting figure getting ready to ride off of the top of the hill. The steepness of the knoll was unbelievable. It was like skiing down a mountain that went straight down. Mia didn't feel unsure about him doing this; he could handle himself, and she knew that. So she let him ride off the hill without speaking up. Halfway down the hill, she stood in shock as he flew off the bike. Her first thought wasn't to run to help. Instead, it was her trying to figure out what had happened. The moment replayed in her mind again and again. Though he was riding down the hill at an abnormal speed, she thought it was manageable. At least for him. He must have hit something.

Only then did she run out into the field he was lying in after practically rolling down the hill to help. She knelt down next to him and looked at his scratched self. "J-Joel?" she managed to squeak out. Mia wasn't used to seeing many injuries. She could never hurt anyone, nor would she ever do anything that could cause an injury.

Post by Guest 7/17/2015, 7:31 pm

everything was going great. joel was speeding down the hill, standing up and dancing as much as he could. hell yeah! his fun was put to a halt very soon however. as he flew down the hill his bike tire must've hit a large rock or something of the sorts, for before he knew it he was sailing through the air like a kite; at the mercy to the wind. after what seemed like minutes or flailing midair, the boy collides with the ground with a hard thud. it wasn't the impact with the ground that hurt, it was the time he spent rolling down the rest of the hill. after a few seconds, the boy comes to a stop and sits up, looking himself over. "huh, i don't think my leg is supposed to be bent that way," the boy muses, somehow finding the light in the situation to smile. he was either insane or in shock, most likely the latter.

joel was used to injuries like this; thanks to his upbringing, injuries were of abundant as he aged. he had broken many bones before, so this was nothing to him. besides the fact that his skin was littered with scratches and bloody gashes, the most damaged part of his body was his leg, which was pointing the wrong way. the demigod looks up to mia, who looked like she had just seen a ghost. "hey. hey, it's going to be alright," he remarks, his voice soft and tinted with the slightest bit of suffering. "help me up and i should be fine."
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 7/18/2015, 6:02 pm

Mia winced at his bent leg comment, but cracks of a smile formed on the edge of her mouth. Even when he was probably losing tons of blood, Joel found a way to stay positive. Her optimistic personality couldn't even reach that far. But she felt it wasn't the time for jokes, especially when his leg was bent and he was lying in a dirty field. Gods, how many infections could this cause? The thought of dirt and other gross things infesting his wounds made her want to run to the nearest bush and vomit. "I don't think anything should be bent that way," Mia corrected while staring at the injuries he sustained, her face as white as ghost. She was surprised she kept her cool this long in the presence of so many injuries. He was probably suffering so much pain, it made her cringe just thinking about it, as if those were her injuries. Oh dear. If those were her injuries, she'd be sobbing her eyes out. The demigod pushed the thought far away.

Joel reassured her, saying that he was going to be alright. She almost wanted to believe him, but once she took a second look at his injuries, she worried more and more about him. But somewhere deep in the back of her head, she knew he'd be okay. "O-okay," Mia stuttered. She obeyed, helping her fellow demigod up. Mia helped him face toward the forest path they took to get to where they were, and she took one step towards it, hoping he could follow suit.

Post by Guest 7/20/2015, 8:03 pm

goddess, joel was thankful that he had invited mia to join him. without her, this trial would be much more of a hassle. grabbing her hand lightly, joel helps her pull himself up to his feet, well, foot. he stood on his left leg, which was unscathed for the most part, but still felt a stabbing pain which made him want to collapse. gritting his teeth, the boy slowly hops over to where his bike lay on the ground, it's handlebars twisted and bent, but for the most part undamaged. the demigod stands it upright and places himself down on the seat.

"this will be much better than hobbling all the way, don't you think?" joel questions mia, his smile fading slightly to reveal a pained look to it. shock was starting to fade away and pain was taking its place. oh goddess, what had he gotten himself into? "i'm sorry you're having to witness this," he mutters quietly as he slowly propels his bike towards her with his good foot. "next stop, infirmary i guess."
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 7/21/2015, 4:55 pm

Mia followed Joel as he hopped towards his bike, which was relatively unscathed, minus the handles and some spots on the bike being scratched or covered in dirt. She helped him pick the bike up and waited for him to get settled. Once he did, he stated that traveling on bike would be much easier for him that limping all the way back to camp, and Mia nodded in agreement. She was still too shocked to speak, and she probably could only manage two sentences at best for the next day. The Circe child began walking towards the forest path, with Joel right next to her, pushing himself along with one foot on the bike.

From the corner of her eye, she could see his pained expression. She felt bad, as if she encouraged him to do something that could've gotten him injured. "I-it's okay...I'll be okay..." Mia mumbled indistinctly, fiddling with her fingers out of anxiety. She hadn't felt this anxious in...ever. "Y-yeah...get better, okay?" Mia requested.

Post by Guest 7/26/2015, 11:49 am

it was a pain to push himself along on his bike, literally. every time his good foot pounded against the ground it for some reason sent a shock up his obviously broken leg. the demigod grits his teeth though and keeps pushing on. he couldn't really give up. there was no way mia would be able to drag him around, especially since they were quite a distance from camp. joel felt really bad for mia. she seemed absolutely wrecked that this happened. it seemed as if she was the one who had gotten hurt and not him. joel turns his head slowly to look at her as he pushes along. "dang right it's okay. and you're okay too. i'll try my best to get better, trust me." his voice was riddled with a little bit of laughter as he talks. he wanted to try to lighten the mood up as much as possible.

every minute that passed might have as well been an hour. after what seemed like an eternity of pain, the two arrive at the camp border. "alright, just a little more to go," joel mutters as he gives the ground a heavy push with his foot. the pain in his bad leg was now around an eight on a scale of one to ten. the boy didn't know how much more he could take. sweat beaded down his forehead and his body became a bit shaky as he made his way towards the infirmary with mia. he wasn't sure if he was in a hell-lot-of pain or just dehydrated. whatever it was, he wanted to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

another seemingly four hours later, joel and mia make their way into the infirmary. the boy manages to ditch his bike at the door and hobble in and place himself on a bed. he looks to mia, who still looked like she was about to be sick. "see? everything is going to be okay. i just need some medicine and bam! i'll be as good as new!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 10:42 am