A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Homeward (Private)

GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Homeward (Private) Empty Homeward (Private)

Post by GwrachSeren 5/11/2013, 5:26 pm

Victoire
    Capulet

Victoire was in the cold and the rain. She was dressed in the very same purple dress she had ripped to make it shorter and easier for her to run. She had managed to steal some shoes and a woman's leather jacket when she stowed away on a ferry from Alaska to Washington. She looked like a lady who had a little too much to drink the previous night. She sat there on the sidewalk with a small handbag clutched to her chest. She looked up as people passed by her, sneering or ignoring her. She had a long cut along her face from her eye to her mouth and she tried to hide it with her hair.

For once, she knew what it was like for her brother when he was on the streets. She missed him. She missed being warm. She missed being pampered. She missed her clean and clear complexion. She found herself missing a lot. Possibly too much.

She leaned back against her sword carefully. No one would notice her sword and she didn't know how many monsters would attempt to get her. Or how many mortal men would try and pick her up. She just wanted to go home.

Or at least, camp.

She heard footsteps and huddled in closer, her muscles tensed to bolt if she needed to.

My need is such
    I pretend too much
    I'm lonely but no one can tell
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Homeward (Private) Empty Re: Homeward (Private)

Post by Steve Rogers 5/11/2013, 11:13 pm

"Rain, rain go away. Come again... when I'm dead," I sang with a slightly annoyed, but more exhausted and a struggle to control agonizing pain. I breathed out, heaving a sigh and my body shuddered against the pain. I gripped my special crutches so hard that my knuckles turned white, as I struggled to control my partially paralyzed legs. It'd been two and a half, maybe three months since the accident, and I was finally getting used to the whole thing, when the God damn pain started. It was agonizing and nobody could figure it out. So... I guess I'd just have to live with it.

And on top of that, it was raining.

Goody goody gumballs.

"So bye-bye Miss American pie. Drove my chevy to the levy but the levy was dry. Them good old boys were drinkin' whisky and rye, singin' 'This'll be the day that I die'," I sang, just taking my mind off my life and stuff.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 12:03 am

Victoire heard the boy singing and looked up toward him. She stood up, forgetting about her sword and hearing it clatter to the ground. She sighed and picked it up, inspecting it for damage. She could not let this sword get harmed. It was her lifeline and her connection. It was the only reason she was alive. She moved her blonde hair from her face and looked back to the boy who had been singing.

She was semi-aware of how she looked. A girl in a ragged dress who seemed like she was abused a lot the night before. In fact, she had narrowly escaped her death after slaying the daughter of whasserface. Victoire stayed out of his way, her sword in her hand.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 12:29 am

"Dd you write the book of love and do you have faith in God above? If the bible tells you so. Do you believe in rock and roll? Can music tame your mortal soul and, can ya teach me how to dance real slo-" I froze in my tracks when I heard the clattering of metal (perhaps a bow? A sword? maybe it was just a metal pipe from a consrtuction site, but whatever it was, it scared me and I was too tired to fight) against the concrete of the sidewalk.

"Hey? Who's there? Who-what-'s out there? Come on now, you don't wanna fight me. I mean, you have no idea what you're up against. I have a sword and I will whoop your [CENSORED] with it," I told the "monster". I fumbled around for my sword, a feat which took far too long than it should have. And when I finally got it out, it slipped from my grasp and clattered against the ground. But because of my current physical condition, I was unable to bend down and reach it.

"...Look, I've totally got a sword, so don't even bother attacking me. Or eating my because I've got problems, and I'm tough and don't taste good and... um... yeah..."
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 12:44 am

"Calm down," Victoire said shakily. Her first words since she had escaped Alaska. "Trust me, I've seen my fair share of monsters..."

She came into his line of site and put her sword away. "You're from Camp?" she asked, eyeing his own weapon. "Great. I kinda need to get back there... Except, I don't know where I am..."

Her voice sounded strange to her. A little hoarse and totally alien to her. She sighed and a hand raised to her neck and rubbed it gently. "I... I'm sorry if I startled you..." she said, her British accent cracking slightly.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 12:55 am

I chuckled lightly. "Don't worry about it. I wasn't startled. I never get startled. "I said exaggerating.... a lot. "And yeah. I'm from camp. As for where we are- ah, are you alright? You don't look good. -Wait no. That's not what I... I mean... uh..." I swallowed thickly.

"You're uh... You're shivering. Do you want my jacket? Here," I said and took a moment to work the jacket off my shoulders. After sliding it off, I reached out and handed it to her.

OOC So just to make it clear, are they in New York or Washington at this point?
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 1:08 am

OOC: Washington, right now. Unless you'd like a closer state.

She took it gratefully. "Thank you," she said. She had never felt what it was like to be humbled. She never knew what it was like to be that poor kid on the street. Now she did. "I'm Victoire. Victoire Capulet."

She smiled at him weakly. "It'd be nice to get in the warm somewhere. Perhaps a cafe?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 1:17 am

"I'm Liam Spencer," I said with a smile. "Yeah, a cafe sounds good. Somewhere to get out of the rain. How about I get you some lunch? You look awful hungry,"

OOC lkjfhiubN WEEEEH. Sorry for such a short post.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 2:11 am

"Thanks," she said. "I can repay once I get back to Camp. It'd be no problem, really. I just need my credit card. Unfortunately, my other one was broken in Alaska."

She looked around. "There's one over there."
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 2:31 pm

"No, no. You don't have to pay me back. I promise, it's fine," I chuckled as I made my pathetic stumbling way towards the cafe.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 3:22 pm

"I know you're helping me out but would you like some help there?" Victoire asked. Her sword started to weigh down her hip a little but she ignored it. Not now. Her sword was haunted, a curse given to Victoire as a gift from her father. It had some power but not much. It pretty much just liked to take her over.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 3:52 pm

"No, no..." I breathed. "I don't want to do that to you," My features described my increasing exhaustion. "It's a punishment. How else am I going to learn if I don't suffer a little pain?" I asked lightly. "Besides, it's probably best to learn how to deal with it now,"
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 4:02 pm

She sighed. She knew it was pointless to argue. Besides, he was nice to her. That wasn't something she came across often toward her. "Well... Alright then. Uh, what is it a punishment for?" she asked. "I mean, if you don't mind telling me."

She moved her hair and forgot about her gash down her face.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 4:22 pm

"Lying..." I said, a sad smile washing over my face. "You wouldn't think that it was something that deserved this sever a punishment, but clearly... I guess I deserved it," Oh the irony. How ironic it was that I was lying about my reason for this... "Punishment". In truth, I was "punished" because I was an Aphrodite kid. And as she had out it "a worthless, self centered, stupid and emotionless breed of people who live their lives in wealth and luxury never knowing any sort of pain, while the rest of us suffer in poverty". I shuddered at the memory, the emotional ache still burning in my hard as the words rung in my ears.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 4:32 pm

"I know the feeling. I lie every day. Mostly to myself... My dad...," she said and cleared her throat. "My dad gave me a sword for the solstice... I think it's his idea of discipline or a joke because it's haunted. It possesses me. I guess it keeps me safe though. I still lie to myself and keep myself hidden... Why am I telling you this?"

She seemed confused for a moment and put her hand on her cheek. She winced in pain and quickly brought her hand away,
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 5:01 pm

I swallowed the lump in my throat and found myself feeling extremely guilty for lying to her. I made my way in silence to the cafe, and did not speak for the duration of the journey.

Upon reaching the building, I pushed the thoughts away and denied to myself ever having had the conversation. I held the door open for my friend and ushered her inside. "What d'ya want to eat?" I asked, eying the cut on her face, but doing my best not to stare.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 6:05 pm

"Anything you deem good," Victoire said and shivered slightly. Inside was warm and she was sure she'd dry off a little. She gained a few disdainful looks and looked embarrassedly at the floor. She moved to a booth by the window and sat down, hoping her new-found friend would be OK with it. She just didn't want to have people staring at her. Ha... Me hating being looked at... That's new...
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 6:42 pm

Staggering over to the counter, I got myself a cup of coffee (technically, I'm not supposed to be drinking anything caffinated but hey, I can't be tamed) and a cup of hot chocolate for Victoire. "Also can I get two slices-" I froze in my tracks with my words and looked back at my new found, wet friend. "Actually, two loaves of banana nut bread?" I asked.

With my hot chocolate, coffee, and nut bread in hand, I made my way over to the table by the window... odd why she would pick a table by the window, it was so much more cold by the window. However, much to my chagrin, an annoy thirteen year old boy- with his cap turned sideways and his punk friends snickering beside him- stuck out his leg and caught one of my crutches.

I hit the ground with a pathetic thump, scalding coffee and hot chocolate spilling all over my front. My face burned red with shame, but I wasn't one to dwell on thoughts or emotions. Doing my best to pick myself up (it took a moment) I grabbed the two loaves of semi-squished nut bread and made my way back to the table. I set down the nut bread and smiled. "I'm gonna get you more hot chocolate, I'll be back in a minute," I said lightly.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 9:22 pm

Before he could go, Victoire shook her head and grabbed some napkins. She tried to wipe some from him and then looked embarrassed. "Sorry..." she said. "I just... That must have hurt. It looked like it did. Tripping up and then the scolding drink."

She had never seen herself like this. It felt odd. She could feel the gentle hum of her sword beckoning her back to her seat. She tried to ignore it.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 9:29 pm

"No, no. It's fine. I don't mind. 'S just a little hot water. Hey, besides, I was cold and now I'm not," I said lightly. "Besides, I'm used to the torment. I'm pretty easy prey," I chuckled, trying to make a joke but it all just came out wrong. I pushed her hands and the napkin away and went back to the counter to get another hot chocolate. This time, when I made my way back to the table, I was very wary of the other people in the tiny cafe.

"'Ere ya go," I said smilng, and pushed the cup towards her.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 9:36 pm

She sat back comfortably. She would have been one of those people to pick on the prey not so long ago. "Thank you," she said and took a long sip of her drink. She smiled, delighted. "This is even better than my mother's maid's hot chocolate!"

She leaned forward. "So... Why are you out here?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 9:40 pm

"Eh... just at the hospital 'n crap. Oh well though y'know?" I said shrugging my shoulders. "So what's your story? Why were you out there in the rain?"
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 10:32 pm

She looked into her cup, the swirling chocolate drawing her in. She sighed. "It's a long story. It started at Camp. I was asked to go on a quest by a friend so I accepted. It wasn't easy but we had to get to Alaska. We were attacked by these bird things on the way. We lost a member of our quest because she wanted to go back to camp. We somehow gained another quest member and carried on. We went to this cave thing and the boys... Well... I'm not a big fan of swimming. I can't do it very well... They thought they saw a body in a lake inside the cave... So they took a boat which was just magically moored and we went over. It was a huge mistake. The lake was filled with these creatures... I nearly died. I nearly drowned and I got pneumonia. We got away eventually. My sword kept me safe, keeping the pneumonia at bay. I'm still suffering on the inside... We got to this castle where we were kidnapped. That's where I got the cut down my face. And there are scratches all over my body from these monsters. We were tossed in a dungeon and redressed before being let out for dinner. That's when I found my sword and a fight began. I killed this girl who was half monster... I managed to get away and I ran until I stowed away on a ferry and got back to mainland USA."

She took a sip. "And that's when you found me," she told him softly.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/12/2013, 10:50 pm

I swallowed thickly. "I... I-I'm so sorry," I couldn't find anything else to say. She was... her story... If that kind of thing had happened to me, I would have fallen apart. She was sort of... Inspiring really.

"Are you alright? I mean... emotionally and physically... do you still have pnemonia? maybe we can find somewhere for you to rest..."
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 11:00 pm

She smiled weakly. "I do still have it, yes... But I've put up with this far because I didn't really have a choice. Plus, my sword helped me... Not that that makes any sense at all. But yeah... I suppose I could do with some bed rest."

Her sword stopped buzzing and suddenly, she let out a cough. She supposed it deemed her safe now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 8:38 am