A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR WRITING THIS.

Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR WRITING THIS. Empty I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR WRITING THIS.

Post by Steve Rogers 8/1/2013, 10:18 am

Those stupid, evil little plot bunnies won't leave me alone! I had to write this because it was beautiful and I didn't want to forget it- and I had to share it because it's beautiful and I love it, but... I think I'm sort of a terrible person for writing this. It's just a little excerpt from a story I haven't even started writing yet called "The City on the Edge of Forever. I have written a short story and a poem by the same name, but I'm thinking about writing a book, too.

Anyways, as you may notice, the two main characters are a teenage boy named Calden Hawke (I based him off of my character by the same name) and Ione Bateman. Anywho, here it is:

"You can't possibly know everybody here!" Calden exclaimed with a disbelieving, breathy laugh. "There's got to be a thousand people here!"

"Well, there's more than a thousand, I'll tell you that, now," Ione scoffed lightly. A proud little smirk slid across her face. "And I promise you, I know all of them!" Calden merely rolled his eyes. "I'll prove it! Point to anybody. Anybody! Go on, then," Ione insisted.

Calden smirked. "How 'bout her?" He pointed to a little girl -maybe seven, eight years old?- who was playing jump-rope with her friends.

Ione beamed and crossed her slender arms proudly. By sheer happenstance, Calden had pointed to one of her best friends. "That's Billie Ashton. She's eight, I think- And really fond of dogs, that one,"

Calden rolled his eyes, again. "Wow. You know her REALLY well," the bronze-haired teen muttered sarcastically, clearly unimpressed with the so-far, lackluster response.

Ione shot him a glare. "I wasn't done yet," she said sharply. "Look at her. Billie's a little small for her age, right?-"

"-That's an observation! Observations don't count!-"

"Let me finish," The brown-eyed girl snapped, impatiently. "Billie was born prematurely. Her left arm was deformed- it was all shrunken and shriveled up- and she had a hole in her heart. Everybody said she was going to die; but Billie's a fighter, and got out of the hospital weeks earlier than expected!" Ione paused to take a breath. "Lemme tell ya, she's a fighter, alright- You should not get on her bad side. I mean, a real sweet, loving, lighthearted little thing, her, but believe me: she is a lot stronger than she looks, and she will not take crap from anybody. We call her 'Billie the Kid' sometimes, because, even though she's not really 'violent', per-say, she's a devious, witty little thing- if you make fun of her arm, she will talk you down in a heartbeat, and beat you to a pulp with her words and make you feel like crap. Although, there was one time where she did get into a fight with a fifth grader, a bully, but like I said before: she's a lot stronger than she looks, and she, just a shrimpy, little, eight-year-old, made him eat dirt,"

Calden nodded, seemingly happy with Ione's description. He realized that he'd made a mistake by picking Billie- the little girl seemed to be one of Ione's closest friend in the Amber City- and he scanned the landscape for someone more obscure he could pick. But Ione wasn't done yet- no, she hadn't even gotten to the most interesting part, yet!

And that's when time went strange, again. And everything was flipped on its head.

"She was born a fighter! Always destined for great things!" Ione exclaimed proudly. "Y'know, she was gonna be the president of the good ol' U-S of A, one day!"

Calden frowned and froze up. He turned around to face his friend. "Was going to?" He asked. "What do you mean 'she was going to'?"

But Ione was lost in her own thoughts, and didn't seem to hear him. "Was gonna be the third female president ever," Ione continued. "And the first, since Washington, to receive 100% of the votes!-"

"Was going to? Was? Why can't she, now?" Calden asked fervently, but still couldn't get Ione's attention.

"She was gonna serve four consecutive terms-"

"Why do you keep saying 'she was going to'!"

"-End world world hunger in her second term-"

"Why 'was'?"

"-And create world peace in her third!"

"Why 'was'?!" Calden shouted.

Ione finally broke from her proud rambling, and turned to face her confused friend. She frowned, a little off-put by his question. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"'Was'. You said she 'was going to', as if she can't anymore. Why 'was'? Why?" He asked, sounding a little desperate.

Ione's happiness dissipated quickly, when she realized that Calden was unaware of the curse that hung over the Amber City and all if her residents. She gave Calden a sad look then stared at the ground, suddenly interested in her feet. "Yeah... 'was'," she whispered quietly. "Would've been. Should've been," She paused and, looking up to meet Calden's confused, emerald orbs, clarified: "On October 9, 2010, eight-year-old Billie Ashton was hit by a drunk driver, while walking home from school.

She was killed instantly,"

By this point, Ione's gaze had slipped to stare at the floor again. When she looked back up to meet Calden's eyes, she saw that confusion and been replaced by horror. All she could do was give a small, sad smile and say:

"Welcome to the City on the Edge of Forever, Calden Hawke. Home to they who should have been, but never were- and never will be,"
    Chronos
    Chronos

Male
    Number of posts : 718
    Registration date : 2013-11-10

I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR WRITING THIS. Empty Re: I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR WRITING THIS.

Post by Chronos 12/3/2013, 6:16 pm

wow ummm i dont know how to reply to this
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female
    Number of posts : 630
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR WRITING THIS. Empty Re: I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON FOR WRITING THIS.

Post by kayt smells 12/3/2013, 6:48 pm

Um..... Wow. How to reply, um...

0_0
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 12/3/2013, 8:18 pm

Excellent excerpt. Where's the book.

*evil look in his eye*
    Chronos
    Chronos

Male

Post by Chronos 12/3/2013, 8:30 pm

stitch can you pm me a copy of the actual book
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steve Rogers 12/3/2013, 9:01 pm

Sorry doodz, but... I haven't actually written the book yet, persay. I posted this quite a ways back and honestly forgot about it until now... Sorry...

I mean, I suppose (if you want) I could post chapter 1 of the book I'm currently writting...

seriously though, thank you guys SO MUCH!!! You really made my day!!
    Chronos
    Chronos

Male

Post by Chronos 12/3/2013, 9:26 pm

yes PLEASE post chapter one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:28 pm