A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Books, books, and look! More books.

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

Books, books, and look! More books.  Empty Books, books, and look! More books.

Post by sienna 9/21/2013, 7:32 pm

Jess Kraft wandered through the isles of the library. Of course, she didn't speak Dewey decimal, so it was a little harder than she thought. She was looking for a book in spanish, heaven forbid. But there didn't seem to be a section for books in other languages. As much as Jess hated homework, she needed to do it. Unfortunately, all of the books that she looked at were in english or greek. She glanced around to see if there were any librarians present, but she was alone. "¿Donde estan los libros de espanol?" She called out, in hopes that the books would respond. They didn't.

Last edited by Sienna on 9/27/2013, 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female
    Number of posts : 377
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

Books, books, and look! More books.  Empty Re: Books, books, and look! More books.

Post by Maggie Chase 9/27/2013, 4:59 pm

Maggie Chase looked through the shelves of books, until she came face to face with Jess. "Hey Jess! You're an Athena kid, right?" she asked.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Books, books, and look! More books.  Empty Re: Books, books, and look! More books.

Post by Maggie Chase 9/27/2013, 5:01 pm

"Oh no, sorry, Tyche, right?" Maggie said quickly. "I was just looking for an escape from all the craziness of camp."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 9/27/2013, 5:02 pm

ooc: Maggie, please don't have your character in two places at once; you'll need to post that your character left the other place to come to the new one.

Also, no double-posting except in your cabin area.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 9/27/2013, 5:04 pm

ooc: Oh okay thanks I'm sorry

Post by Guest 10/13/2013, 12:11 am

OOC-wheee forgot what character I was told to use so I use a little nymph
    bic-
    Charlotte liked hiding in places. Preferably loser places like the library so the other nymphs don't find her. This is what Charlii loves about being an anthoussae, she can go anywhere she pleases because she is not tied to water. Anywho, Charlotte was hiding in a pile of bean bag chairs. The nymph was pretty good at hiding so it wasn't that obvious she was there. Plus, the bean bags are already lumpy so it always looks distorted as if someone was under it or something. Weird? Nah.

Charlotte was minding her own business when she heard a female voice speak. She absolutely positively knew that there were no demigods in this dusty library. And the language...it was so different. So the only reasonable thing for the poor anthoussae to do was to shriek and climb her way out of the bean bags. He freakishly long legs went across a trash green bean bag as she struggled to climb out of the bean bags. Charlii knew the demigod had saw her or even heard her so what's the point. Still she continued the hopeless digging.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 10/13/2013, 12:19 am

Jess heard a shriek come from farther in the library. For a moment she thought the books had actually answered her. After all, who knows with those Hecate kids. Then she realized that the voice sounded humanoid. "Hello?" she called, moving towards the noise. She came across a mountain of been bags, where she discovered two legs sticking out.
    "Hey" She said asked, "You okay?"
    Jess gave one of the legs a little prod with her foot. "You're not dead or anything, are you?"

Post by Guest 10/13/2013, 12:29 am

Books, books, and look! More books.  Sbrok3

Charlotte Meed~Anthoussae

And the demigod spotted her. Perfect. Charlotte's head poked out from two of the red bean bags. Flowers fell out of her messy hair. Now, she didn't want to spark a conversation with the girl, then there will be questioning, then Chiron will appear and she'll be stuck in the forest of boredom forever. Don't get her wrong. The nymphs and satyrs are cool, but it's like an uninteresting Camp Half Blood. Charlii spoke, "No I'm dead, you can go now."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 10/13/2013, 12:27 pm

Jess smirked, "You don't sound dead." she put a hand on her hip, "You don't happen to know where the spanish books are? I have to do this stupid project for school." Jess hadn't put the facts together, that the person she was talking to was a nymph. Then again, Jess didn't care.

Post by Guest 10/13/2013, 1:42 pm

How would Charlotte respond to that? She didn't know what Spanish was, let alone what a project was either. She needed to think fast before the girl could realize what she was. It wasn't that hard; flowers falling out of her head and coming out of the bean bag (she does that when she's scared.). Plus her elvish ears were poking out from her chestnut hair. If the girl was in the library, she must've been an Athena kid, so she has to be smart, yeah? Maybe the smart gene skipped a kid. That's what happened with Charlii's brother, but they're not exactly sure, it's what she thinks.

"Um, in the Spanish section?" She guessed. Sounds reasonable, Charlii.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 10/13/2013, 2:52 pm

Jess rolled her eyes, "No, duh." She said, "I need to know where the Spanish section is." Jess looked around hopelessly. Why was her luck like this? 'Oh, you want help? I'll give you someone who's the exact opposite!' or 'You have to get to school early? Well, better make the bus break down!' Daughter of Tyche? Yeah right.
    Jess diverted her attention back to the girl, "So what're you doing here? I mean, other than burrowing in bean bags."

Post by Guest 10/13/2013, 9:33 pm

"I uh...I'm hiding." Charlotte said. That didn't sound that bad. The Anthoussae could've easily said I'm hiding from my nymph friends who are too scared to come into contact with demigods, like you. Well, I'm also a bit scared, but I've been in the library before and it was normally empty. From reading a journal from some demigod, the library is where the geeks go so I figured it would be empty and lifeless. Yep, that would've went over well.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 10/13/2013, 10:55 pm

Jess looked around the library, "Uh, from whom?" she asked, "There's nobody here but you and me. Unless you're playing hide and seek with a ghost and an imaginary friend." Jess didn't know what it was with this girl, but there was something weird about her. Then again, maybe this girl really loved hide and seek.

Post by Guest 10/15/2013, 7:59 pm

"Um, you probably don't know them. Minor MINOR god parents." Charlotte lied. The nymph didn't usually lie, but she had a good reason to this time. A naiad told her the campers are horrible creatures and will hurt you if you are not careful. Charlotte hasn't always believed it, but watching the campers play capture the flag is scary. She's glad that creatures like herself don't act this violently. But then again, the star nymphs are pretty feisty.

The petite nymph began fixing her long caramel colored hair. She readjusted the pastel colored flowers that where in her hair before. So now, she could possibly be mistaken for a child of Demeter. The children of that goddess were the only demigods she could actually be around. They like flowers, she likes flowers. It's a match made by Aphrodite. The other demigods, not so much.

Charlotte was able to pull herself out of the plushy bean bags. Standing up slowly, the anthoussae stretched out her limbs, still focusing on the girl. She has not told Charlotte her name. Charlotte hasn't either, but she just doesn't want to. From reading the demigod journal, the boy said that's how they greet new people; say their name and godly parent. Mybe the girl wanted Charlii to start first. Well, she wont do that. She doesn't have a godly parent.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 10/15/2013, 10:04 pm

At this point, Jess could tell that something was up. Of course, instead of calling her out on the lie, (Which in hindsight might be the better choice.) Jess decided to have some fun.
    "Oh!" She responded, "Well, my mum is a minor goddess, maybe I do know them!" Jess put on the most sincere smile she could muster. "Wait, were they those daughters of Aletheia? Y'know, the truth goddess?"

Post by Guest 10/26/2013, 6:58 pm

Books, books, and look! More books.  JwJeTlN

Charlii shrugged, "Well how would I know? Demigods run through camp so fast how could anyone keep up with anyone's god parents?" Smooth Charlotte, smooth. Okay, now she needs some excuses.
    Let's go with that holiday, Halloween. She could say this is her costume and she's trying it on.....in the bean bags. Charlotte was going to be a witch, but she could go as herself, whatever.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 10/26/2013, 7:37 pm

Jess started to circle the girl, "I know there's something...different about you. There's something off. Maybe the hair, or the clothes, skin, teeth. I think it's all of the above." she mused. "You're not a demigod, are you?" Jess usually didn't like prodding into someone's personal life, but she despised being lied to. She wouldn't let anyone, not even some... whatever she was, try to pull one on her.

Post by Guest 10/26/2013, 7:41 pm

Books, books, and look! More books.  JwJeTlN

Charlotte stepped towards the non fiction section. "Don't be ridiculous." She picked up a book, "Nymphs stay in the woods."
    That wasn't all true. Some Nymphs stay with Mr. D, other travel around. But most Nymphs do stay in the woods.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 10/29/2013, 8:51 pm

"I never said anything about Nymphs." Jess tilted her head, finally taking in the random factors about this girl that finally gave her the answer she was looking for. "You're a nymph. You must be, why else would you accidentally mention it?" Jess paused and leaned her back against the end of the bookcase, "What I don't get, is why you didn't just tell me. Instead of fabricating an extensive lie. Most demigods around here don't care if you're some spirit of nature. So, why lie?"

Post by Guest 11/17/2013, 8:36 am

Charlotte shrugged. She had realized she could not get out of this. But Charlii wanted to get out of here. She wanted to go back to her little field in the forest and just hide. The nymph should've listened to her mom and stayed in the forest. Gods Charlotte was so stupid. She should have just ran away. But it looked like the kid was ready to chase after her.
    then she left.
    ooc-sorry :(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 1:26 am