A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+11
Morgan Landry
Break
Doug The Turtle
Komaeda
communist
Oli_Paxton
Tyrannic
Lone Wanderer
Amy Pond
sienna
Christian
15 posters

Murder Mystery Event

Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

Murder Mystery Event - Page 8 Empty Re: Murder Mystery Event

Post by Bucky Barnes 11/5/2013, 6:03 pm

"Um, no." Adam looked at Etso like she was insane. Why would he leave someone behind? "Like that's gonna work..." He muttered as Etso let the arrow fly. The thing was already gone before the arrow even came close. "It's gonna follow us, no matter where we go." Adam didn't like to be Mr. I'll-stay-back-to-make-sure-it-is-safe-while-you-guys-go-trough the-hole-and-I-will-die-because-I-stayed-back. He didn't wan't to seem like that's what he wanted to be, and didn't like it when people acted like that. Athena kids were supposed to be noble, logical and brave. Adam was only two of those. Noble was not one of them. He would, in fact, risk his life for his girlfriend, who would be right by his side. He would not ride into battle alone and tell the others to go on. The logic in his head screamed YOU CAN'T DO IT ALONE! CALL THE OTHERS BACK!!. See? Athena kid after all.
    "Who's going through first?" Adam asked after a moment of silence. Whoever it is should make sure there is actually something on the other side before crawling all the way through." There was the logic, not the noble-ness... if that was a word.
    Doug The Turtle

Male
    Number of posts : 2320
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Doug The Turtle 11/5/2013, 6:08 pm

Sebastian stood right there as the others were talking about who was going first "I'm not leaving you. You're too beautiful to be left behind." Sebastian said. He didn't realise he said that out loud before It was too late. "Uhm, I mean, I love you? Wait. Agh! I'm sorry. I have a crush on you. Oh my gods! I give up on hiding It!" Sebastian said not loud enough for the others to hear. Just them. How Sebastian thought It should be.

Last edited by Look Who on 11/5/2013, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female
    Number of posts : 2082
    Registration date : 2012-12-09

Post by Komaeda 11/5/2013, 6:22 pm

Tobias shrugged. " I will go first. I can crawl through easily anyways. " Tobias was still afraid of it, but from now own he would try not to show his fears so he couldnt slow their team down. He looked through the hole, " Looks like there is something on the other side, maybe the room over? " Tobias took his bow off of him as he went up to the hole in the wall. " Wish me luck! " He said with a switch of optimism, now that seemed like his true self, the short boy at camp who would climb trees all day, and hanging from the branches, while laughing and having fun with people. He then jumped into the hole in the wall, and started to crawl his way to the other side.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 11/5/2013, 7:28 pm

OOC: Doc, we didn't crawl through yet.

BIC:
    "Braver than I thought." Adam muttered as Tobias crawled through the hole. "Wait, who do you have a crush on?" Adam asked Sebastian, only slightly surprised. He didn't wait for the answer. He bent over and looked into the hole. "Tobias, say nothing if it's okay in there." Adam whispered, because Sebastian was kind of making him uncomfortable with all of his mister lover boy stuff, calling people beautiful and not even trying to hide it.
    There was a moment of silence, and Adam thought of that as a good thing. He strapped his ruler tight to his side so that if he accidentally bumped the wall it wouldn't impale him or Tobias. He took out his Dagger and army-crawled through the hole, because he was too tall to crawl any other way. "Coming in, Tobias. Scream if anything tries to kill you." It seemed stupid to say, but it was good advice. Adam would like to know if something killed Tobias, because he would probably not be able to crawl over his body. Are the walls closing in, or is that just me? Adam never like tight spaces and, therefore, was Claustrophobic. "Just keep crawling, just keep crawling." Adam muttered to the tune of 'Just keep swimming' from 'Finding Nemo'. It was half to encourage himself, half to waste some time.
    "Oh my god, how thick is this wall? Adam asked, to himself or Tobias, whoever came up with an answer first.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 11/5/2013, 7:54 pm

Tobias started to crawl along the hole attempting to get to the other side. " Ok! Nothing! " He continued to crawl along as he also kind of felt the walls closing in. Maybe it was just because he had been crawling for a while. Tobias turned behind him and looked at Adam waiting a bit for him to catch up. " Well, who knows how long the hole will run, the walls could be inchanted so we cant leave. " After waiting for Adam to catch up, Tobias crawled alittle bit farther until he put up his hood again which seems to keep falling off. " Adam, does it seem colder in here? " He asked rubbing his arms for warmth. The lights in the tunnel seemed to get dimmer. " By any chance do you have a match or something? " He asked, trying to keep his mind away from the fact that it was getting darker and colder along the way.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 11/5/2013, 8:14 pm

Adam was starting to shiver. He could see his breath in front of him. "D-d-definitely getting colder." He said, trying to keep calm. They only light came from the soft glow of his celestial bronze dagger. He could see Tobias' shoes just fine, he could see the damp walls at either side. Nothing tried to kill him. Th-The walls are... closing in... you noticed that t-too?" The more Adam said it, he knew it was true. Every inch he moved, the walls closed in more. They were barely wide enough as it was. "Tobias, if you don't move faster we are going to die like a but with my face in your ass!" Adam's words echoed off of the walls. He didn't like to be in such close quarters with people he didn't even know. Why do creepy damp tunnels always have to threaten to crush people?" Adam asked as he crawled along. They crawled a little while longer in silence until the walls were pushing Adam at both arms. Adam was about to give up, when the wall at his right gave way. He let out a sigh of relief when they emerged into a small corridor type-thing. Must be an old passageway. No way all of this could fit into a freaking wall."
    The chamber was only about three feet tall, and 4 and a half at each side. In the center were two symbols that Adam couldn't really make out. He would investigate that after he got to sit up and eat a granola bar that he had stolen from the dining hall.

Post by Guest 11/5/2013, 9:24 pm

I climb into the small hole. My tiny body always seems to end up in tight situations.
    "Wait, so who has a crush on who?" I ask as the space begins to grow smaller. I need something to take my mind off the situation.

I straighten out to what's almost nut full height as we reach the corridor. I pull out the matches and light one against the box. I left the lamp back on the table. However, the light does provide illumination. The hall has an  arched ceiling and a creaky floor with stabbing wood panels.The walls are a wet stone. It smells like rotting furniture and almost contains the sharp smell of steel. Water rhythmically echoes as it drips onto our footpath. A candle sits on a small table beside me. I pick it up and light it with the match.

"Well, boys. Time for some adventure."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 11/5/2013, 9:40 pm

"Sounds about right." Adam said, not wanting to make the situation any more awkward than it already was. "That was a very convenient candle..." Adam said, looking at the small oak table. "Did he say this place was thousands of years old? " Adam asked, looking at the the table with a dreamy expression on his face. "If so, there is no way that table would still be there. The wood would have rotted a long time ago. That means this corridor, or just the table, was put here more recently, and by the condition of the table, specifically for this... murder mystery thing." The table was very small, but in very good condition. There was not one hint of mold on it, though it was slightly discolored. Adam crawled closer and pushed down on the top of the table. The legs creaked under his weight, but didn't break. "Can't be any older than 4 years. It's way to solid." Adam had no idea why this mattered at all. It just seemed... suspicious. Why would there be a brand new table for the specific purpose to hold a candle? It made no sense.
    Adam took out his knife and carved an owl into the leg of the table. The wood flaked away like any other wood would, so that meant it was not dangerous, as far as he could tell. That was the only good sign so far. "Anyone listening to me, or am I just talking to the candle?"
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female
    Number of posts : 3385
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by communist 11/5/2013, 9:53 pm

Lillian had been trying to hide unnoticed at the corner. So far, it had worked.

She couldn't believe she had witnessed two deaths. As she tried to get up and go somewhere, she screamed and clutched at her shoulder. Before she knew it, she was dead, tragically dead. All because of a heart attack.
    Doug The Turtle

Male
    Number of posts : 2320
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Doug The Turtle 11/5/2013, 10:06 pm

Sebastian then said "Sebastian has a crush on Etso. You're going to kill me now." He said as he was right behind her. "Im sorry. I'm very rubbish at this." Sebastian told Etso. Sebastian had to say the truth. He didn't just like her. He loved her. He never told anyone this except for his mother. Hey, he didn't cry that time. A new record for Sebastian. Well, For now. He got over his mother.

Post by Guest 11/5/2013, 10:13 pm

"I suppose it is a little suspicious, but right now the candle is the only light source. We probably shouldn't stay in one place too long, anyway." I push to the front of our little group, and begin to walk, reciting "The Road Not Taken", by Robert Frost, under my breath.

"'...I took the one less traveled by/And that has made all the difference,'" I finish as I come to a split in the path. Well, how fitting.

I gaze down both paths. On the left, nothing but darkness. On the right, however, is a very paint pinpoint of light, almost like a glow.

I take no time choosing, and head down the dark path to the left. I can't be lured into a trap that easily.

The whole time, I'm thinking about Sebastian's words. I've never ben kissed before. And even though I never spent as much time as other girls obsessing over romance, I'd still spent time obsessing over the dream guy and my first kiss.

My cheeks grow red, and I'm glad that everything looks the same sickly shade in the candlelight. Ever since the curse, I've lost all faith in love from any.one outside my family, maybe even outside of my own brother. But is it possible...

No. He can't be serious. But still...I don't want to die without a first kiss. Without it, part of life seems almost worthless.

OOC: sorry it's so short, but I'm on my tablet, which also means that coding tends to get really messy.

Last edited by Shadowhunter on 11/8/2013, 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 11/6/2013, 7:38 am

As Tobias finally crawled out of the tunnel, he checked his surroundings to make sure that the tunnel didnt close in on anyone. " Its freaking cold in here to! " He exclaimed, walking around the small room. Tobias touched one of the stones, it was cold and wet. " Well, what now? I dont think we can tunnel into stone, and its hardly likely for thre to be a secret passageway, whats the plan geniuses? " Tobias was confused at first by the Sebastian confessing his love for Reagan, but now he was thinking that it was kind of stunned. He pushed his hair out of his face, as he leaned back against the wall hoping one of the stones would push back and open a way out of here, sadly nothing happened.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 11/6/2013, 11:05 am

The wall collapsed, which left me kind of wordless. It had seemed so... solid. Well, probably another trick of the Mist, as I guessed. It was particularly thick and powerful around Olympus, but demigods here were not fooled by it, normally.

I stepped into the room, and its emptiness struck me like a cold shower - I had just left a kind of chapel trimmed with glass shelves that contained 'spirit-tubes', and now I was somewhere totally empty. I felt like in a void.

With a cold feeling, I went over to Joel in a couple of quick steps and positioned my back to his, looking for a possible escape route; I unsheathed my sword in the movement.

Post by Guest 11/6/2013, 4:28 pm

I continue down the dark hallway, ignoring questions. It seems like it goes on forever. It ends on a sharp turn, and when I step to take it, I see the same small light source.

"We should tell the others about this," I conclude, and begin walking back down the corridor. I can bet all I have that the others are pretty annoyed by this sudden decision, but its the best option right now.

After another long walk, we emerge back at the small hole in the wall. I climb in first, and begin to army crawl down the small passageway, not checking to see if the others are behind me.
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 11/6/2013, 5:52 pm

The lights flickered before turning off. More screams were heard, and the body of Jess fell to the ground. A sword was thrust into her back, completely going through her.

The shadow man reappeared to where the hole was. He literally wrapped the girl trying to crawl in shadows, and lifted her out of the hole. He set her down gently, kneeling down. "It's a trap, don't you see? On the other side of this wall is just another nightmare. You really don't want to know what'll happen..." He stopped suddenly, before raising his scythe. He began swing it around rapidly, before charging in to attack.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/6/2013, 7:39 pm

Joel felt Morgan at his back and breathed a sigh of relief for her not disappearing out of nowhere. He glanced back at her, looking through the wall into the trophy room, but he couldn't see any newly filled tubes. He focused on the room they were in, the empty void that was expressed by the darkness around them as if it tried to swallow them whole.

"They certainly spared no expense in the Dark and Hopeless department.." He said trying to find some humor as he pulled back on his bow, ready to plant an arrow in whatever attacked. He glanced and saw that the room had two doors, both very inviting, begging to be attempted to open.

The thought crossed his mind that this was intentional. A way to separate the strongest among them. "The doors...they're meant to separate the two of us...make us take different paths." He said to Morgan. Walking slowly, he approached one of the doors and turned the knob, it yielded without trouble and Joel pushed the door open listening to the familiar creaking as it revealed an office room...or what looked like one.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 11/6/2013, 8:45 pm

Adam barley noticed when the lights went out, considering Esto walked away with their only source of light, and there were no lights in this tunnel. He could only tell they went out because there were screams everywhere, from the death or the lack of light, who knows. Adam turned around (which was very dhard on his knees) and followed Esto back down the hallway to the larger room. He could not see her candle, and hoped she did not take it into that tunnel with her. "Esto?" Adam asked, getting concerned. He speed-crawled toward the narrow hole, then got down to Army crawl once again. The darkness was thick, literally. Adam only saw the light glow of his dagger as he moved as rapidly as possible whilst army crawling. "Where are you." He could only hear a swish of something going through the air. Adam didn't hear anything else, which would either mean she was dead or okay. Adam decided the noise could me her hair or something, although he had never heard hair sound like that.
    Adam was starting to have difficulty crawling through the tunnel so many times. The skin on his elbows and knees was starting to burn and scrape. The make-shift bandage on his leg was pure red now, probably not a good thing, but he had other stuff to worry about.
    Adam reached the middle of the tunnel, and didn't like what he saw. Esto was kneeling in front of a large mass of darkness, who was swinging as scythe like a maniac in front of her. The gleam on the blade barley missed her head with each swing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/7/2013, 12:50 am

"We are staying together," I said with a frown. "No way we get separated."

So before you Aphrodite children go like 'Awww it's so cute', no, I am not a couple with Joel. It's just that danger forges strong friendships very quickly (aye, Hammer?), so noooo, we're not a couple and not about to be one.

I followed him into that kind of what... office room? Graveyard? I don't know. All I know was that there were book shelves filled with folders, a lamp, a desk with a paper and a pen on it, a comfortable-looking-chair... and bones. Loads of bones.

"Cosy," I whispered, trying to make some humor as well, but my smirk looked more like a grimace.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/7/2013, 10:46 am

Joel entered the apparent dead end of the office room, though he couldn't leave it as just the room. He made a mental note to explore it more in depth, though through the immediate appearance he didn't want to be here. "Yeah...I love nothing more than to have bones in my office when I'm working" he said to Morgan in response to her comment about it being cozy. Not that he thought she meant it literally but still he couldn't miss the chance for some sarcasm.

He glanced around the area, wondering if there was a secret pass behind a bookshelf or some cheesy crap like that. He let his guard down very...well uncomfortably as he walked over to the desk and examined it, hoping to find something of use about this house...something that would make sense to him.

Post by Guest 11/7/2013, 5:17 pm

I bite my tongue as the shadows surround me, and the candle is extinguished. The elastic holding my hair back in its long braid comes loose in the hurricane-like winds, and my hair whips around me, so forcefully my skin stings wherever a group of strands slap. The rhythmic drip of the water, the dank smell, the wet feeling of the walls all disappear. All I can feel is cold, all I can see is darkness. Its impossible to hear anything over the roar of the shadow. A single scream creeps into the agonizing blackness, but I can't tell if its me or some distant sound.

And then it all ends, and I'm staring at the cloaked monster. I can feel myself shaking, but even when I place my hands on the ground to try to steady myself, I can't stop. The weapon skins my forehead, leaving a long, shallow tear in the skin that steadily begins to ooze blood.

A trap...I've led them into a trap...and they'll all die...because of me. It takes a long time for me to form the thought, and I have to divide multiple strings of words into one to form something that makes sense. I almost want to just sit there as he swings the weapon over my head. I want to die.

But then what would happen to Tobias? To...oh, what was his name? Adam? And what about Sebastian? What about my brother?

The last thought seems to register somewhere in my mind, and I back away from the scythe, slowly moving to a standing position. The drip of the water is audible once again.

I wonder just how damp these walls are?

It probably won't work, and if it doesn't, I'll be too tired to help the others battle the creature. I've only done this once, and I was almost completely unresponsive after that. But maybe it'll weaken the shadowy figure. Maybe it'll distract the others, giving them enough time to escape. I just hope they take me with them. I don't care if I die outside in the woods, and right now, I don't even care if I die in this mansion. I just don't want to die in this stupid, dark, narrow space between the walls.

It's now or never.

I lift my right hand as if carrying a platter of food on the palm, and raise it high above my head, muttering a small prayer under my breath. I then spin my hand around my wrist once, and the storm starts.

First comes the winds, somewhere around 50 miles per hour. They don't exactly affect the walls, but the do whip everything around that isn't perfectly steady on a solid foundation. Then comes the rain. slanting drops of water blow down in sheets from somewhere up near the ceiling, making sight near impossible. I can hear my head pounding painfully against my skull. I fall to my knees and cough up bile on the floor. The storm roars on. I'm tempted to fall back on the floor, close my eyes, and pass out, but there's one more thing needed to make this storm into a deadly hurricane. I use my left hand and raise it up shakily, wrist and fingers pointed down. Gallons of water float off the walls and hover in air. Not much, maybe 15 at most. The pain is agonizing, though, and my arms are shaky and tired. They begin to fall to my sides, but I try to hold them up. With the last of my remaining strength, I flick my hand towards where I last saw the shadow-like man, and the water flies at him. I don't get to see if it hits him, though, as my eyelids are already closing as I fall back onto the creaky wooden floor.

OOC: Okay, that was a really long post, and I tried to go back and delete some things. Also, before you guys start saying stuff like "OMG SHE'S A MARY SUE WE SHOULD ALL SPILL CARLY'S GUTS", that little performance right there was way over her limits.

Last edited by Shadowhunter on 11/8/2013, 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 11/7/2013, 5:54 pm

The shadow man's hood began to flap violently. He lifted up his scythe, protecting him from some of the winds, somewhat. He watched as the girl created a violent storm with just a flick of her hands. He smirked under his hood. "All this power... she'd be perfect." His sentence was interrupted by water. And lots of it. It hit him, making him tumble backwards. He created a shadow shield to protect himself from the oncoming water, becoming slightly successful. He stood up, covering himself in shadows. He instantly blended in, actually becoming Tobias's shadow. He watched silently, waiting for the reactions of everyone. He would need to study these people closely.
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female
    Number of posts : 270
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Post by Lone Wanderer 11/7/2013, 6:15 pm

Dominik shuddered in fear. The hellhound was down, but now it was like he was surrounded by corpses. Two girls, dead on the ground laid nearby, and it made the poor pretty boy sick to his stomach.
      He wouldn't throw up, no sir. Not in front of everyone. Besides, that'd set off a chain reaction, people retching and bile covering the floor.
      Instead, he picked up the bodies and laid them on the floor where people seemed to ignore. Honor the dead a bit. To add to that, he gathered a few flowers from the vases and gently set them in their hands and closed their eyes. What was it, five, six victims? How many light outages were there? He ran a mental list through his mind. Adrian, Grace, Sapphire, Lilian and Jess. The boy let out a small sob, everything was just so tragic and heart wrenching, and for once he actually meant it. Such falls from grace broke his little heart.
      He dragged the other bodies over, trying to clean them up with water without bothering the bodies too much. A flower in their hands, eyes closed, and Dominik found just enough drachma for their toll, hopefully. "Réqui--" he coughed, his throat catching on the words. "Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine; et lux per-- perpétua lúceat ei . Requiéscat  in pace. A-amen." Dominik eventually stuttered it out, a tear or two falling down his face. Why did he care so much? He didn't know them, he didn't care to know them, so why? He also hoped the Latin and prayer didn't offend anyone. It was the only appropriate thing he could think of, because it wasn't like the boy could give any of them a meaningful eulogy.
      Dominik wanted the others to come back.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 11/7/2013, 6:57 pm

Adam watched as Esto brewed up a pretty scary looking storm. He couldn't help but be impressed. The shadow struggled against her, and Adam could see the swish of the scythe slow, and eventually stop. The shadow man was gone a few seconds after, and Adam didn't want to think of where he went. That was not his biggest priority.
    Esto looked as if she was going to drop at any second. Adam rushed up to her, ignoring the rain falling from... the ceiling. Completely impossible, but he would get to that later.
    Adam looked behind him as he approached Esto, hoping he was not being pursued by a mysterious shadowed figure. Luckily, none that he could see. He also couldn't see Tobias or Sebastian, which worried him. They should have been right behind. All Adam could hear of them was the soft sound of their feet hitting the soggy ground. Good sighn.
    Adam turned his attention back to Esto, whose storm was starting to die.
    Adam's hair was soaking wet, but at least it was cooperating for once. He steadied himself behind Esto, ready for her to fall.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/8/2013, 4:24 pm

"Let's get out of this room," I told Joel. There was a cold shiver that crept up my skin, giving me goosebumps in the back. I didn't like this.

There was a door at the other end of the room, and I waded over the bones with disgust to get to it; I opened the door and gasped.
    There was no room.
    There was a crevice so deep I couldn't even see the bottom.

"Joel?"

Post by Guest 11/8/2013, 9:13 pm

I land roughly in someone's arms, and groan, wincing behind my eyelids as the pounding in my head magnifies with the sudden impact. I mumble a half-hearted thanks to the person. It can't be that hard to hold up my weight, though, as I'm extremely light for my height and age; only about 85 pounds.

I try to gather my scrambled thoughts, but my mind is clumsy, stumbling over important things and moving on to things that barely make any real impact on my life. I drift in and out of consciousness, but I'm never awake long enough to reflect much on my surroundings. We must be moving, but I can't tell for sure. The few times I am awake long enough to enjoy some relatively normal thinking, I only process a few things-like that my hair is dripping wet, that my body's freezing cold, and occasionally that a thin stream of blood is running down my forehead-before sleep overtakes me and I forget the new discoveries.

Last edited by Shadowhunter on 11/9/2013, 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 5:43 am