A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

my first character form

lightworm
    lightworm

Female
    Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2014-01-15

my first character form Empty my first character form

Post by lightworm 1/16/2014, 6:21 pm

Name: Franka Brame. Her surname would be Bowler, but that would be if her dad had stayed with her. Unfortunately, she doesn't know this.

Mortal Parent: Her father is Addae Bowler, but she was adopted by Nabila Brame, a forty two year old woman with light brown skin and frizzy brown hair.

God Parent: Melinoe, keeper and protector of ghosts.

Date of Birth: December 18th, 1998.

Place of Birth: Boston, Massachusetts.

Hometown/Last Residence: Salem, Massachusetts.

Race/ethnicity: She is American and an Irish Caucasian.

Accent: A sort of Bostonian accent.

Skin Tone: Although she's constantly outside, Franka is very pale.

Eye Color: An unusual teal.

Hair Color: A dark orange-red.

Hair Length: Nabila has always been very strict about hair, so it is cut about mid-shoulder.

Height: 5'2.

Weight: 115 lbs.

Body Type: She is very curvy. Not necessarily 'fat', not necessarily 'slim', either.

Appearance: Franka has freckles scattered over her nose and upper cheeks, and all over her arms and legs. Her lips are a pale pink color, but look darker because she covers them with lip stick. Franka has always been self conscious, and it definitely payed a toll on how she looks. Ever since around the eighth grade, she has been putting on practically endless amounts of dark makeup. She usually wears jeans/shorts, and a solid dark colored t-shirt.

Weapon: She uses a small celestial bronze dagger that's about half a foot long.

Armor: A simple celestial bronze breastplate. She doesn't think she needs it much.

Pet(s): One of her foster brothers had a black lab/bloodhound mix once. Other than that, she's never had a pet before.

Skills/Talents: She is an amazing photographer. She is also great at memorizing ideas and facts about everything.

Flaws: Is self conscience of herself, and it got to the point where it was controlling herself. She also is a terrible liar (not like that's a good thing). She also is very secretive; you couldn't get her to tell you something without an argument. Although she doesn't trust many people, sometimes she trusts people too much, making her very vulnerable. Her physical flaw is that she is not strong at all. The most she could probably lift is about fifty pounds.  This also makes her unable to fire a tight bow, or pick up a heavy sword. She also has a small overbite, and her eyes can be seen as a little far apart.

Strengths: She has a strength for classes in school like history and language, as she likes to study them on her own. She can also see things in the world that other people probably wouldn't see. (For example; whilst people see flowers, she sees how the colors mix and the raindrops reflect sunlight on the petals and how they have a slight curve.) she also has a strength for sewing; something that Nabila taught her when she was younger.

Weaknesses: Franka would never hurt anyone. Ever. Only if it were absolutely mandatory. Which kind of makes it difficult to be a demigod. She also can't swim, and is absolutely terrified of large bodies of water.

Dislikes: Bullies, music, obnoxious people, noise in general.

Fears: Has a fear of doctors (Iatrophobia), clowns (Coulrophobia), and thunder (Astraphobia).

Personality: Franka is very shy, never really talking much. What makes up for the shyness, though, is that she is very observant. Franka's not exactly a social person, mostly staying out of sight, talking to her dead friends. She is, however, a nice person. She's rude nor cruel, and although she'd be able to make friends very well, she doesn't care enough to.

Powers: Franka can see what no one else can: ghosts. When she was younger, this ability was mistaken for schizophrenia, and she got bullied a lot. She classifies it as an ability.

Social Status: Franka is not exactly a loner, yet she likes to be alone. She is known throughout the camp for her photographs.

Summer or Year Rounder: Year rounder.

Years at Camp: About one year.

Life Before CHB:
    Addae Bowler, a nineteen year old man, walks alongside a foggy main street of the city of Boston. After,  his usual schedule of taking classes at one of the universities there, his car died, and he was forced to walk back to his cluttered apartment. Pulling his thin jacket around his thin frame, he shivered, unable to make or grasp any warmth whatsoever. His backpack was full of textbooks, and he struggled to carry it.
    Making his way across the road (and nearly getting hit by a car multiple times) he spotted some people his age. A few girls, a few boys. he can barely see them, though, because of the fog. Running his hand through his thick crimson hair, he was about to turn a corner, when out of the corer of his eye, he sees someone. A young women, looking at him. Correction; a beautiful young women looking at him. Her black hair dropped down to her shoulders, where everything except her arms face and shoulders was shrouded in -- what seemed to be the gray fog. she smile weakly at Addae, and he does the same back. He calls out a careful "Hello," and some of the people that were near him turn, giving him a confused look. In the direction that he is looking at, there is no one.
    Who is he talking to?
    Must be crazy.

But Addae can see her as clear as sunlight. He can practically feel her presence. Addae made his way over, hypnotized by the woman's eyes. "Hello, I'm Addae," he said in a quiet tone. The girl smiled wider.

Franka was less than a month old when she was unexpectedly dropped off at a foster home by her father. Addae couldn't take care of a little girl. He was a student, very young, broke -- alone. He also wasn't mentally 'with it', because of the disappearance of his girlfriend.
    So he just left her on the stairs, in a basket and wrapped with light blue blankets. Knocking on the door twice, he looked around, and then was gone, never to be heard from again.
    The women who found Franka was twenty six year old Nabila Brame, a women who started a foster home when she found out having children wasn't an option.
    Fast forward to about five years later, long after Nabila had adopted the girl, Franka was about to attend her first day of school. She wasn't nervous; who would be nervous when you have all of your friends with you?
    The doctors had called it schizophrenia. Only difference is, the people that Franka saw were actually real, and right in front of her. She could actually touch them, so they played games like tag and paddy-cake. Even in the doctor's office, as the doctors watched her play with the 'imaginary' people. But, Franka knew to just ignore them.
    So she went to school, and all of the other kids made fun of her when she talked to the people that they couldn't see.
    "Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there," she had said, but they didn't listen.  
    Needless to say, she got bullied throughout her school career.
    When she was in the fourth grade, a boy came to live with her, Nabila, and the other foster children. His name was Michael, and he was Franka's absolute best friend. He defended her from the battles on the school's playground, and she read to him and described her invisible friends to him. Blood didn't matter; to one another, they were siblings.
    The beginning of sixth grade was the worst time of her life. At the time, Michael was in eighth. Since they were on opposite sides of the building, they agreed to meet each other every day at the end of school outside the building.
    One day, Franka got there first, sat down on a bench, and waited.
    And waited.
    And waited.
    Already, it was four-thirty, forty five minutes after Michael was supposed to be there, and he was no where to be found. Reluctantly, she walked home herself.
    And six weeks later, the boy was still no where to be found.
    Franka cried for days, and weeks after he was pronounced dead.
    After that, she got even more shy.
    At age fourteen, a class assignment was to pretend you were a professional entrepreneur. Franka chose photography, and immediately fell in love with it.
    At age fifteen, she questioned Nabila about her real mother and father. (Nabila was a blunt person; she didn't hesitate to tell Franka that she wasn't hers.) Nabila admitted to getting a letter dropped off to her by one of Franka's classmates (which was a satyr disguised as a child) but never read it. Within the letter advised Franka to go to a place called 'Camp Half-Blood', where Franka now lives. She travels to see Nabila every six months.

Role-playing Example:
    Franka never really liked Capture the Flag. Too many weapons, too many injuries, just... no. It didn't help either that her friends (that were invisible to normal people) kept distracting her. Normally she liked the ghosts. Sure, some of them were missing body parts, or were constantly complaining that it wasn't fair that they were dead. But push those flaws away, and they were great. But when it came to capture the flag... not so much.
    Franka was sitting in a tree, looking down at the battles below. She wasn't sure how she had actually climbed the tree, but up there was much better than the war going on down on the ground.
    She was wearing her typical attire. A black bandanna that kept her red hair put, a solid black t-shirt, a pair of dark blue jeans, and black Converse shoes. Nothing that made people focus their attention into her, which was knew of the reasons she had worm this particular outfit.
    She swung her legs, and carefully watched... until he showed up.
    Franka didn't usually have problems with spirits. Unless they were a particular spirit who talked nonstop and seemed to only exist to piss Franka off.
    "Hey-hey-hey-hey-Franka-Franka-Frankie-Frankie-Frankie-" and he kept going and going.
    Franka didn't yell at people, but this was an... exception.
    "Would you leave me alone?!" She shouted, and could feel the stares of the boys who were fighting below look up at her.
    "Hey! You!" One of the boys called, and Franka knew that her hiding spot had been ruined. "You a spy?" Franka didn't know exactly what she would spy on them for in a game of capture the flag. "Um... no," she called back down, shimmying her way so that she was almost out of sight.
    "I don't believe you! Who are you, anyways?"
    Franka felt like face palming. "I'm... nobody, kay? So just... go back to pretending to strangle each other. I'll wait here." She heard one of them murmur to the guy that had called up, and she raised a red eyebrow as she heard a boy murmur, "That's the ghost chick, right? The one who talks to herself."
    She rolled her eyes, and watched as the boys walked away, probably not wanting to get involved with a girl who 'talks to herself.' "Well,
    I'll see you later, then," she said, not voicing the 'r' in any of her words.

Notes: none.

Last edited by lightworm on 1/26/2014, 12:51 pm; edited 10 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

my first character form Empty Re: my first character form

Post by Morgan Landry 1/17/2014, 3:49 am

What is her dagger made of and how long is it?

What is her breast plate made of?

Elaborate a bit more on her personality, please.

Is her power a power or an ability? (A power is something like hydrokinesis or charmspeak: it takes energy. Abilities don't - for example, Percy has an ability to communicate with horses, it doesn't take him any energy.)

Who dropped the letter? Was it a satyr?

And why didn't the satyr get Franka right away instead of dropping a letter?

(Also, thumbs up on your Life Before Camp and RP example, they are really well written; I love your style!)
    lightworm
    lightworm

Female

Post by lightworm 1/17/2014, 5:39 pm

Bronze, and half a foot.

Bronze.

It's an ability; her energy doesn't get depleted.

It was a satyr disguised as a student; there was no threat to Franka at the time. No monsters were attacking, no incidents had occurred, and the spirits were fine with her, so it was her decision to go to CHB.

(Thanks so much!! ^.^)
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 1/17/2014, 5:44 pm

You need 5 flaws (One being a physical flaw).
    If it's an ability, not a power, you should probably remove that from that section and move it elsewhere. (or you could just leave it there, but just specify that it's an ability, not necessarily a power).
    lightworm
    lightworm

Female

Post by lightworm 1/17/2014, 6:17 pm

I added two more.

I left it where it was; just put it as an ability.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 1/19/2014, 12:20 pm

For her ethnicity, could you specify for Caucasian (ie: of German descent)?

I think you mean Celestial bronze for her armor and weapon -- there is a difference between that and normal bronze.

You need a physical flaw that affects her appearance.

lightworm
    lightworm

Female

Post by lightworm 1/19/2014, 3:02 pm

Okay; I put Irish.

Oh, I remember that in the books now.

I put that she has an overbite.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/20/2014, 5:48 pm

Mhm. Try something else -- overbites could be fixed with braces. Things you can see easier -- like small ears, crooked nose, etc -- would work better.
    lightworm
    lightworm

Female

Post by lightworm 1/20/2014, 6:59 pm

Okay; I also put big eyes.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/24/2014, 3:18 pm

Add a few more weaknesses and strengths.

... How big would her eyes be, then, in order for it to mar her appearance?
    lightworm
    lightworm

Female

Post by lightworm 1/26/2014, 11:44 am

Done and done.

I changed the 'eye' flaw; and put large pupils instead.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 1/26/2014, 12:32 pm

Large pupils are not flaws, it just makes you look cute.

Also, seeing the size of the pupil change with the incoming light, making it very variable, I'd advise you to change that.
    lightworm
    lightworm

Female

Post by lightworm 1/26/2014, 12:52 pm

Oh, geez; never even thought of that.

Okay, fixed.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia