A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

More than friends?

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

More than friends?  Empty More than friends?

Post by moriarty 1/22/2014, 4:39 pm

I walked down the lake, with my pants rolled up and my feet in the water. I was thinking about how I had to leave New York so suddenly, and how I was hoping to meet new boys. That didn't happen. I got out of the water and made a nest for myself in the sand, with my feet buried. I sat there, looking out to the horizon, just thinking about life in general. "I haven't been here in forever." I sighed.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

More than friends?  Empty Re: More than friends?

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/22/2014, 8:44 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_lsyxvqxg2u1qjfz6xo1_500

Darren walked past the lake without really paying attention. In his hands were a deck of cards that he was furiously shuffling. It had been a long time since Darren had left the Hecate cabin. He hadn't had a haircut in a while so his curls were starting to show. He had also lost his contacts, so he was wearing his huge ridiculous glasses. Darren was cold, so he was wearing a thick coat with the collar popped up.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/22/2014, 9:12 pm

I spotted someone walking down the shore. Me, being the social person I am, stood up to investigate. Just in case it was a cute boy, I smoothed down my shirt, and rolled down my leggings. I ran my fingers through my red hair, and glanced over at the kid. I started to move closer, but not in a stalkerish way. I took a deep breath, and noticed the person seemed to be nervous, shuffling cards and such. Nonetheless, I walked up to him, at least I assumed it was a guy, and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. "Hello" I whispered lightly, in order not to frighten him.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/22/2014, 9:19 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_lycxgyLfR31qcntn9o1_500

Darren let the cards shuffle into his hands one more time before turning around. Darren slid the deck into the pocket of his coat as he turned around on his heels. One of his curls fell over his eye as he smiled at the girl. The first thing that Darren noticed was her hair. It was kind of shocking, to be honest. But, as a New York City magician, Darren spent a lot of time with strange people. "Hello." Darren responded.  

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/22/2014, 9:59 pm

He turned around. A curl fell into his eyes. He was wearing a huge pair of glasses that made his eyes look huge. "I'm Amelia" I batted my long eyelashes. His curly hair was kinda adorable. I twirled my hair around my finger. I've spent enough time with Aphrodite girls that I've learned a few tricks. I looked him dead in the eye. "What's your name?" I smiled.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/22/2014, 10:18 pm

More than friends?  Lolz115

Darren rolled his eyes slightly. As a magician, he saw through most tricks of any kind. Standard hair twist. Nothing special. "I'm Darren." Darren said with his strong New York accent. Darren pulled up the sleeves of his jacket lightly, subconciously, revealing some of his toned arms, and part his tattoo. The tattoo was located on his right forearm and read "Someone Has to Play The Villian."

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/23/2014, 5:32 pm

I cocked my head, letting my hair fall the the side. I reached out to pull up his sleeve, since he obviously had a tattoo. It said "Someone Has To Play The Villain." "Villains, eh? I played the Evil Queen in a musical I did once." I smirked. I reached up, and pulled off his giant glasses. He was pretty cute underneath them. As a flirter, I raised my eyebrows. "So, who's your parent?" Standard Demigod Question.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/23/2014, 7:31 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_lrufuxuUq01r3yluuo1_r4_500

Darren smirked slightly. She'd obviously gotten some of her lessons in flirting from the Aphrodite. "The stage isn't the same as real life, darling." Amelia was obviously pretty. There was no one who could deny that. Darren grabbed the glasses out of her hands, replacing them with a rose without her noticing. Darren slipped the glasses quickly into his pocket, so quickly she couldn't have possibly seen. She wasn't the only one who could do romance. "I'm a son of Hecate. How about yourself?"

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/23/2014, 10:25 pm

I blinked several times. "Yeah, I know. But its still fun to speculate." I looked down, expecting to see the glasses, to try them on. Instead, there was a rose in my hand. I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. "How'd you do that?" I smiled. This boy was good at this. "Daughter of Terpsichore, Muse of Choral Music and Dance." I curtsied, then twirled around. I kissed the tip of the rose, and glanced up at him.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/24/2014, 2:09 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_inline_mkorisTSHa1qz4rgp

Darren shrugged. "I'm a magician." Darren was definitely a magician. One of of New York's best. He'd spent most of his time on street corners in Manhattan and Brooklyn. He went by a different name there though. Jack Kott. Jack was beloved and hated by the city. He did amazing tricks, but he was also a known pick-pocket. Darren tuned back into Amelia as she rambled on about some minor god. But it was a muse. Muses were super easy to sound sappy with. "Well, you know what they say. It's easy to dance into someone's heart. But where are you from, beautiful?" Darren wasn't really sure how he felt about the girl yet, but he didn't really care.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/24/2014, 4:51 pm

I widened my eyes. "No sh!t! That's pretty amazing." I was genuinely impressed. I didn't know any other Hecate kids, and I assumed that they all had actual magic, like a power. He looked pretty ordinary, but don't judge a book by its movie. Damn. This kid was smooth. "Italia. I tipi di manca la mia sorellastra." I sighed, thinking he didn't know what I said. "Che cosa dici di te?" I shook my head. "I mean, what about you?" I looked down, embarrassed.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/24/2014, 5:25 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_mdo825x9gl1rlqgt6o1_500

Italian. Not bad. Darren put his glasses back on and smiled. Darren put on his proudest smile and gestured wide around him. "I'm an NYC boy. Practically born and raised on the streets." Darren said, putting his accent on strong. He loved New York City, and he was glad that camp was in the city.  Darren pulled the cards out of his pockets and began to shuffle them in ridiculous and creative ways.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/24/2014, 5:58 pm

I rolled my eyes at the huge glasses. "Do you really need those?" I grabbed the glasses off of his face and put them on mine. I blinked. "Jesus. You really do need them don't you." I pulled them off and handed them back to him. He's a New Yorker. Darren seemed really comfortable here. He began shuffling that deck of cards again. I watched him for moment, and then my mind started wandering off into space.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/27/2014, 10:31 am

More than friends?  Tumblr_lsyxvqxg2u1qjfz6xo1_500

Darren, once again, but his glasses back on. "I lost my last pair of contacts and I haven't been able to get new ones." Darren said with a shrug. He honestly really liked his glasses, even if most people didn't. Darren turned his focus back to his cards. Hr began to whistle King of New York from the musical Newsies without really thinking.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 2/5/2014, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/27/2014, 9:50 pm

I giggled a little bit. "Oh. Contacts." I honestly liked his glasses. They made it look like he had flaws. I stood there for a moment, then noticed he was whistling something. I listened for a moment, then realized he was singing "King of New York." "In nothing flat, he'll be covering Brooklyn to Trenton, our man Denton." I sang along. I remembered watching the Newsies over and over when I was younger. I tuck my hair behind my ear and shrugged.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/27/2014, 9:58 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_lycxgyLfR31qcntn9o1_500

Darren scoffed under his breath. "I prefer the Broadway show to be honest. Look at me, I'm the King of New York. This is gonna make both the Delancey's peeing their pantsies." Darren sing. He'd seen almost every Broadway show, mostly by sneaking in, but Newsies was definitely his favorite. Too add to his point, Darren did a short tap dance and a round off into and arial. Darren smiled at her, pushing his glasses up on his nose a bit.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 2/5/2014, 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/27/2014, 10:54 pm

I shrugged again. "I'm ashamed, but I've never been to a Broadway show." I felt really bad being in the presence of someone who's been to at least one Broadway show, and I, being the daughter of a Muse, have never been to one at all. I said, "You're a good singer," and left it at that.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/1/2014, 7:10 pm

More than friends?  Lolz115

Darren smiled confidently. "I know." Darren was a confident person, and he liked confident people. Everyone thought that they rocked at something, or a lot of things, but they always acted like they weren't, because it was seen as wrong. Darren disagreed. He liked it.  It showed people's strengths, and their self-confidence. Confidence was the way to go in Darren's eyes. Darren focused back in on Amelia.

ooc: Sorry it took me forever to get out. I've been really sick.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 2/5/2014, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/2/2014, 12:59 pm

I snickered. "The proper response is 'Thank You,' you ungrateful swine." I tried to keep a straight face, but just couldn't do it. I started laughing really hard, and then came my unattractive snort. I covered my mouth, and felt my face get hot. "I'm sorry. That probably wasn't attractive." I spaced off, and began looking dramatically into the distance. I shook my head, and refocused on Darren. Those glasses really were cute.

OOC: It's fine. As long as you let me know that you didn't abandon.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/5/2014, 9:05 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_lrufuxuUq01r3yluuo1_r4_500

Darren shrugged. He'd always thought girls doing more natural stuff was more attractive. Darren didn't care much about attractiveness. He knew that he was more attractive than the average person, and he was proud of that. But he didn't care.... Okay. Maybe he did. In Darren's mind though, there were two different kinds of attractive. There was I-see-agirl-in-the-mall-and-she-is-hot kind of attractive, and there was look-at-the-girl-doing-something-dorky-and-adorable.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/5/2014, 9:38 pm

Darren just shrugged leaving almost no room for conversation. Since he wasn't talking, neither was I. I started staring off, and eventually ended up thinking about Darren. He was cute, sly, and kind of careless with everything. Darren had those gray eyes that I've always been jealous of. He seemed pretty classy and not like a player. A lot of the guys I dated in the past cheated on me or otherwise broke my heart. Darren didn't seem like one to do that. I looked down at my clothes. I realized how wrinkled and dirty my shirt was. I started smoothing it down and trying to rub the dirt out of it to no avail. Without thinking, I stepped up on my tip-toes and kissed Darren full on the mouth. Realizing what I had done, I pulled away, but grinned unapologetically.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/5/2014, 10:39 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_inline_mkorisTSHa1qz4rgp
    Darren wasn't caught off guard by being kissed by Amelia. Strange things happen when you are a magician. When Amelia pulled back and smiled at him, Darren smiled back at her. "So, that's how this is gonna be." Darren wrapped his arms quickly around her waist and kissed deeply her. Darren didn't even know how he felt about Amelia, but he just rolled with the situation. Not to brag, but Darren thought that he was good kisser.

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/7/2014, 5:14 pm

I smiled again. "Yep. And it better stay this way." He pulled me in for another kiss. He smelled like New York on a good day. Not like smog, but like hot dogs and pretzels. He was a good kisser. I thought of all the past boyfriends. They all cheated on me or broke my heart in one way or another. For some weird reason I trusted Darren. He didn't seem like a person who would cheat or be untrustworthy even though he was raised in New York. Jordan always told me never to trust a New Yorker.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/16/2014, 6:10 pm

More than friends?  Tumblr_mdo825x9gl1rlqgt6o1_500
    Darren was kind of a jerk, and he knew it. He was your stereotypical New York guy. His accent drew people in, and so did his skills. He was unbelievably attractive. While kissing Amelia, wrapping his arms around her waist, he promised himself he wouldn't break her heart. Or at least, break it badly. Of course, Darren had tried this before, but he actually meant it. Probably meant it. Darren pulled his face an inch back and smiled his crooked smile. "Promise."

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/17/2014, 6:09 pm

I smiled, then unwrapped his hands from around my waist. I took one of his, now free, hands in mine. "Shall we take a stroll?" I brushed my bangs out of my face with my free hand. As we walked down the beach, I told a story from my school days in Italy. It started out as any friendship story does, with a group of girls who want to be "popular." Myself and 4 other girls were trying as hard as we could, wearing all the most fashionable clothes and expensive makeup. We tried to hang around with the "popular" gang and stoop down to their petty level. In doing so, we lost a lot of outside friends. I recollected all of this to Darren. "So then, we gave up on the ides of being popular after we got busted for excluding his one girl who..." I rambled off, telling the whole story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content