A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Friends or not?

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Friends or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: Friends or not?

Post by Holly 2/21/2014, 2:23 am

Jane was thinking, one hand still clasped around her machete as she retraced what had just happened in the past five minutes, though she could not find a mistake... She ignored the matter and glanced back at them, her scowl sliding across her face. "Well not all of us can be little miss know it alls Victoria!" She growled, not intimidated by the children of Athena that stood before her. If Angelina continud what she was doing, she would get herself in the crossfire and probably die painfully...

Jane licked her lips at the thought before looking at the board that Victoria stood on, although she couldn't come up with an insult or need refree towards the genius device of modern engineering and all that science stuff she hated.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 2/21/2014, 2:59 am

Victoria sighed.

"Jane, don't talk out loud, you're lowering the IQ of every living creature in hearing range." She looked at her with an annoyed gaze, her mind retracing the equations of her eyebrows and nose. "Also, you are making another confusion -- yet again. You imply I am a miss I know it all. Not really. You are saying this because I am considered intelligent. But intelligence and knowledge aren't the same, you know. Somebody can know a lot of things and be as dumb as you. And somebody can be clever but not know anything." She inclined her head, her blue and green streaks cutting against her otherwise dirty blonde hair, and looked back at Angelina.

Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female
    Number of posts : 347
    Registration date : 2013-03-25

Post by Angelina Patronur 2/21/2014, 4:30 am

Angelina couldn't help but giggle at the way the two of them argued, this was not the moment where she should giggle, but it was not in her control. As long as this fighting would be oral Angelina would not mind that but she wanted it to remain oral. She thought of drawing Vic's attention somewhere else other than Jane, Victoria was much more cool headed than Jane. As for Jane, Angelina knew that it was imposible to keep her from violence. Angelina thought for a second and then it came to her she said, "Err... would you like to explain what that is Vic?" her finger pointing at Victoria's board.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/21/2014, 5:27 am

Angelina's giggle surprised Victoria, she didn't know whether her half-sister was making fun of her or laughing because of what she had said; either way, she didn't laugh with her. When she had finished, Victoria looked down at her board.

"That is one of my latest inventions," she explained. "It's a magnetic board. Basically, the lower face is covered with highly sensitive diamagnets, which connect with the elements of lead, carbon, water, copper and silver in the ground at a distance of maximum one hundred meters. That maintains me up -- though I'm going to work on it again tonight, I do think it'd be better if I used superconductors, because they repel all fields, not just those these magnets repel." She pursed her lips, looking at the board, before gazing back up at Angelina. "It works with artificial photosynthesis," Victoria finished. "I still have loads of things to do, though. LEDs at the edges, better the GPS system, include my computers into it, and add some offensive and defensive gadgets."
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 2/21/2014, 5:57 am

Angelina was glad that it had worked and Victoria's attention was now on the board. "You did all of that alone? Did not need the help of any Hephaestus kid?" Angelina said slowly as she bent down and looked at the board more carefully with her dark brown eyes. She straightened up and with a confused look she asked, "It's really good. Especially the idea of making it work on artificial photosynthesis. Is this as high as you can get? Is that what you're going to work on tonight? Making it go higher than this?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/21/2014, 1:08 pm

"Why should I need the help of a child of Hephaestus?" Victoria questioned. "What my mind can think, my hands can do. And no, I can go up to one hundred meters vertically if I want to. I am working on making it go up to five hundred meters though, but this is going to take a lot of time. The circuits take eternities to code and I can't alter the diamagnets forever." She pursed her lips again. "Another reason to switch to superconductors."

She banked to the side and made the board stop.

"I should also make the surface a bit knobbly for traction, perhaps.... if the ferromagnets in my shoes are not enough to hold my weight in cases of extreme wind pressure. If the pressure gets too high, the magnets deactivate automatically, except if I tell them otherwise."

Victoria put her intense gaze back onto Angelina, ignoring Jane completely.

"I already put up different variations of this magnetic board. One that would work only over metal, one with lifting fans... But lifting fans would make noise and I prefer this version better. Sleek and noiseless."

She slid her wrists into the armholes of her anticrash vest and shrugged into it, zipping and strapping it shut.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 2/21/2014, 7:40 pm

Angelina stood there listening to Victoria as she explained about her board. Whether it was some being a child of Athena thing or just Angelina's own habit to know everything, because which ever of the two had made a hundred questions flooding her mind, but she was hesitant to ask them right now. Maybe because Angelina did not know if Victoria would like to answer all her questions or not, it might irritate her. Or it was just her own flaw being shy and hesitant. Well maybe she can not ask for the answers but can look for them herself. She asked Victoria, "You might have made any diagrams and other stuff to make this right? Can I have a look at them later?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/21/2014, 8:57 pm

Jane had stepped back, and was merely watching the two children of Athena talk about Victoria's hover board thing. She didn't care about the board and decided to just lean against a large rock that was by the lake, sharpening her machete blade with her whetstone, glad to hear the scraping noise as she could tell her blade was becoming sharper and sharper.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/22/2014, 5:18 am

"You mean my plans, my calculations and schemas?" Victoria asked. "Of course I have them, they are all on my computer. I scanned them in."

She looked at Angelina, her lab goggles on her forehead, and imagined the curves of O2 and CO2 coming in and out of her nostrils along with the other air particles. The world toppled over once more and she was in her loved environment of equations. Angelina was in front of her a cluster of functions and formulas, each of her movements translated into a cinematic equation, her body shape delimited by functions who took everything into account. A three dimensional grid split the world into digital squares, and there were even equations for the heat of the bodies around her.
    Far above, the sun was a net of chemical equations involving He, and the lake at her left spun in currents of (∂/∂t)Mi+∑(f=1->n) u(f) ∂(Mi)/∂(xi).
    Victoria breathed in. O2 rushed into her pulmonary alveoli and passed into her blood in a smooth vector of movement. This world was the real one. Not the world made out of colors and illusions and blindness. This was what really existed.
    This was what the world was made of. Equations. Theorems. Calculations. Algorithms. Nothing could change that.

"You want to read them all?" Victoria questioned in an oscillatory wave of sound. "I have over sixty pages, you know."

OOC: I can't write the proper equations on this computer, I'm sorry, I wrote them the best I could but I don't know how to actually make the ∑ work on this Mac.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 2/24/2014, 11:29 pm

"No problem about the number of pages, great things mean great detail. I'll come later in the cabin and take them, is that okay?" Angelina asked with a smile. Knowledge was a thing that should be shared, and Angelina knew her half-sister would do so.

Finaly the scraping noise caught her attention, Angelina turned and looked at Jane who was busy sharpening the blade of her machete. Jane was someone who did not make many friends, but still Angelina thought of her as a friend, though she did not even know her real name. Angelina was not able to see of where her friendship with Jane will take her. Lost in her own trail of thoughts Angelina did not realize that she was actually staring at Jane.

Last edited by Angelina Patronur on 2/26/2014, 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/25/2014, 2:47 am

Jane glanced up at her and after a few moments of maintaining the gaze she realized that the child of wisdom was staring. Scowling, she gave her a quick 'What are you looking at?' type look. Then she dropped it and looked back at her blade, putting the new sharpened blade against her arm and running it along her skin. She watched as the sharpened metal scraped her skin, removing whatever hair was on it before the uppermost layer of skin was scraped off as well.

She paused then, and glanced back up at Anhelina and Victoria.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/26/2014, 4:01 am

"Sure," Victoria stated, looking at the clutter of equations that held the place of her eyes. "I'm going to put you a copy on a USB stick, if it's alright. Or don't you have a computer?"

She caught Angelina looking to the side and tilted her head to see an assembling of formulas and calculations that represented Jane's being. Why was she looking at her? Nothing seemed out of normal to Victoria.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 2/26/2014, 4:26 am

Angelina came out of it as Jane caught her staring. Ashmed of herself she quickly blinked and shouted at herself in her mind- Stupid! Fool! Jane ran the blade on her hand and Angelina let out an 'Ugh!' as she saw Jane scrape of her skin. She did not want to see that and as she turned she bumped into Victoria right in the face, who had tilted her head beside Angelina. "Ow!" she cried rubbing her head and said, "Sorry! I did not know you too were seeing here."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/26/2014, 7:09 pm

Jane smirked, sliding her blades back into her sheathes and covering her arm. Her quick scraping had made Angelina look away, and she was wondering if Angelina would glance back at her again or not. It really didn't matter either way. With a yawn, she watched them intently.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/28/2014, 2:59 am

"Not to worry," Victoria grumbled as Angie bumped into her and her board. She just hoped her half-sister hadn't damaged it. "I'm going to go now."

She banked her board with a twist of her legs and looked at Angelina, completely ignoring the 'animal'.

"See you in the cabin or at the Mess Hall. And don't stay too close to that beast, it will influence you."

She meant by that that the persons you spend your time with or you listen to somehow influence your ideas, opinion, and judgements, even if it is very light.
    Angelina Patronur
    Angelina Patronur

Female

Post by Angelina Patronur 2/28/2014, 7:27 am

Angelina mumbled ‘Sorry’ a few more times as she stepped back. Angelina then said, “Umm… okay then I’ll come to the cabin and take those papers. See you later Vic.” As Angelina heard Victoria advised her of to stay away from Jane, Angelina just stayed quiet. She should listen to what Victoria was saying but she did not want to. Will Jane influence on how Angelina was? Not sure. But is it necessary that the influence will be bad? Not compulsorily- Angelina thought in her defence. Yes. It is not compulsory that Jane’s influence will be bad. Angelina’s heart said to convince her. But what were the chances? Angelina sighed.

She then faced Jane and said, “Umm…”. Angelina was not able to think of what to say.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/28/2014, 6:17 pm

Victoria gazed at Angelina neutrally. She knew she was not ready to leave socializing with Jane and she mentally sighed. Apparently, the animal was already influencing her. Poor Angelina. She hoped her mind would get stronger and realize what was happening.

"Just keep in mind what I told you," she stated and pressed her board forward. It rise up in the air, two meters, three meters, four meters, five meters... Victoria leaned to the front and the board raced away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 2:55 am