A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

This Side of Paradise

Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

This Side of Paradise - Page 2 Empty Re: This Side of Paradise

Post by Brastus 3/16/2014, 11:52 pm

"Look, im attracted greatly to you. And I know you are attracted to me. And don't lie, my stepdad used to be a detective so i know when someone is lying more or less. So could I at least have a date with you. Please...give me another chance." Asked Brastus becoming red as a tomato and letting his awkwardness at asking a girl out showcase. He was blushing deeply and he tried to look tough, but it just made it worse. He knew he just needed a chance and he would have her feeling just as he was. But he already messed upped once, so he could only hope she could forget about the kiss.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steve Rogers 3/18/2014, 1:04 am

Kat was still moderately freaked out. She rocked back and forth on her heals in a position where she could bolt out of there at any time. "I'm inclined to say no..." Kat started. "I'll admit I was attracted to you at first but now... Considerably less so..."

Kat studied him for a while: not entirely sure what he'd say next.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/18/2014, 1:24 am

Brastus sighed loudly and looked at the girl with his hope-filled blue eyes. They seemed to also hide his regret and his honesty. One thing Brastus was proud of was that he never lied. He tried to stay true to most situations or stretch the truth to suit his means. He was so ashamed of what he did and only wanted an apology.

"I cannot predict the future, but if you give me just one chance, I will try to be a gentleman and be reapectful of one's space. I won't sell myself like a car salesman, but if you give me a chance you might never live to regret it. I only as for one chance to prove myself and one chance to fix what I have done. You at least deserve that I dix what I did. It's just...i've never had a real crush or girlfriend...i got too nerveous and excited. I look grown up, but when I was next to you, I felt like a little kid again. Can you really blame me for just finding you gorgeous both physically and in terms of personality. Again, I dont want you to feel forced or anything, but if you gave me an oppurtunity, it would mean the world to me." Finished Brastus as he blushed deeply and tried to hide it.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/18/2014, 1:59 am

Kat crossed her arms. "Nice monolog. Although personally, I prefer the 'I Am I' monolog from Richard the Third. Or better yet: the 'I've Watched Universes Freeze and Creations Burn' monolog from the episode of Doctor Who: Rings of Akhaten," she paused for a moment. "Actually that may just be my favorite monolog of any monolog better,"

Narrowing her eyes she said: "The 10th Doctor once said: 'No Second Chances'," she heaved a sigh and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "But, unfortunately, I am not the Doctor. And, actually, the Doctor has always been one to forgive people... After all he forgave the Master after the Year That Never Was..." She closed her eyes in thought.

"I forgive you. Okay? I'll drop the kiss. Poof. It never happened. But let's get one thing straight: flattery's not getting you anywhere, so cut the crap. Lord knows I can only handle so much bull crap," she cautiously rubbed the back of her neck. "But I'm still not sold on the whole "date" thing. I don't... I don't do well with boys,"

She rocked on her heels a bit more. "Fine," she grunted. "One date. But I'm outta there the second it looks like it might go awry,"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/19/2014, 6:32 pm

A great big smile was now plastered on Brastus's face and he jumped out of joy. Yet, sadly, his happiness was cut short because of the stress on his body still. He remained smiling to the girl and decided to calm down and act a tad more mature. He couldn't really say how glad he was, but he was pretty sure she already knew how he felt. The thing she said about boys troubled him and he thought deeply about how to make it less uncomfortable for her until he finally found an answer.

"Ok so, so instead of thinking that it is a date, just say that it is a more personal meeting between two people who want to get to know each other over either lunch or dinner. Say would you prefer going out on for dinner or for lunch, because I can do either one, but a dinner seems more appropriate, I think." Suggested Brastus as he looked over his shoulder and saw his shirt discarded on the side and slightly wet due to the rising tide. He would put it on soon, but he would wait for her answer before doing such a blunt act.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/19/2014, 9:32 pm

Dinner seems more appropriate, eh? Kat thought. "Then, lunch it is!" She smirked, crossing her arms. Kat had never been one to follow the rules. She was a rebel, through and through. She wasn't too keen on the whole "getting to know you" thing, though. There were some cobwebs in the attic of her past, and she had no intention of letting the past catch up to her - -
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/21/2014, 8:17 pm

"Um, okay. So, would you like to go somewhere fun? How about New York, I know a couple of places that are amazing for some great lunches. However, we can also go to the mess hall if you want…your pick." Said the incredibly red Brastus as he let his inexperience at dating show. He was useless when it came to asking a girl out and it was one of his biggest weaknesses. He dated it and would do anything to get better at it though. He tried to remain as cool and as composed as he could, but he was shaking a bit and he was obviously nervous.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/21/2014, 9:23 pm

"I don't go out in the town much. Why not like, Olive Garden or something? It seems appropriate for a first date," Kat said, still clearly not too keen on the whole "date" thing.

OoC Short post, sorry
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/24/2014, 12:10 am

'Great! Well um. Can you do one more thing for me, Kat? Can you teach me how to swim? I kind of need to know how to swim if I ever want to conquer it." Asked Brastus who had by now put on his shirt, which covered his once bare chest, and motioned for the sea as his mortal enemy. He really liked this girl, but if he wanted to get her to see him as a boyfriend, he would have to work a lot on it. Especially seeing as he already kissed her and made it bad. Still, the feeling of her lips still lingered on and he would do anything to feel them again. Alas, he wouldn't put his future at risk over a yearning. He held back his intent and instead smiled in the friendliest way he could before letting out an honest and almost cute laugh.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/24/2014, 8:17 pm

Kat cast the boy a wary look, but slowly she nodded. The ocean was, after all, her terrain. It bothered her how cocky and over confident he was; how he walked about has if he had no flaws. She wanted wanted to see him out of his element; she wanted to see his flaws. As an artist, Kat had discovered that beauty in all art was its flaws. She wanted to see his flaws and find the beauty in them.

Humanity was, after all, so beautiful.

Kat nodded. "Swimming lessons, eh? That I can do. How about after our date?"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/26/2014, 9:21 pm

Brastus was delighted she had agreed to his date, but he didn't know how to make it better. So he first thought that since she was a lover of the ocean, a bouquet of seaweed would be best for her, but the gesture hardly seemed romantic. So instead, he thought he should bring her a single orchid. Still, she seemed a bit distressed about the whole date thingy. So instead, Brastus lowered his shoulders and tried to lower his arrogance level a bit, since he did know it could rub some people the wrong way.

" So um, yeah…I just figured out I can't actually beat the sea, but I can try to be on friendly terms with it, since it does kind of hate me for some reason. Maybe I'm just too heavy for the sea. But anyways, it sounds lovely to get lessons from an expert swimmer such as yourself. Fact: I am a horrible swimmer, you are a great swimmer. So um…yeah…" Stammered a blushing and embarrassed Brastus who just wanted to create some sort of conversation, but couldn't help but feel a bit childish and even clumsy. By the way he moved around, which was stiff and dumb, one could infer he was grasping.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/27/2014, 10:23 am

Kat couldn't help but grin at the way he stumbled around his words. It was actually kind of... adorable. "The sea only thinks of you as its enemy, because you think that about it. And hey, I mean, it wasn't the ocean's fault that you flung yourself into it, when you clearly didn't know how to swim," She said, amusement lighting up her eyes. "I mean, most people typically learn to swim in something like... A kiddie pool ...with floaties. And usually, they bring along a friend to make sure they don't... Drown," Kat put it all in simple terms.

"I mean, trying to learn to swim by flinging yourself out into the ocean by yourself, is kind of like trying to diagnose something on WebMD: you just don't do it," Kat reprimanded him, a humorous light illuminating her eyes. "Like, really? I kinda wanna know what was going on through your head," she snickered.

The amusement died from her eyes as she realized she might have offended him. She stuffed her hands into her pockets and rocked back and forth on her feet. "Although, y'know, I've done way dumber things m'self," she said, the smile slowly creeping back to her face as she tried to diffuse the tension she had inadvertently created. "Like, there was this one time-" she paused to giggle a little bit. "This, this one time-" giggles turned into spurts of laughter. "This one time I got an assault charge filed against me for throwing a banana at a woman!"

"It was summer, three years ago," she said, trying to contain her laughter. (She figured he'd probably want to hear the whole story.) "I went to California with my friends, Amber and Randi. We had this cheap hotel room on the second floor, overlooking the pool.

So, we'd just gotten back from Disney Land, and I was beat. I mean, I was exhausted, so I went inside the bedroom and took a nap (see the room was divided into two rooms, a sort of kitchen/dinning room/living area and a bedroom.) About an hour later, I wake up when Amber and Randi come running in, giggling loudly. I was still half asleep so I was out of it. The went back out into the living area and I followed, asking what they were laughing about. They told me that they were throwing bananas at people (they neglected to tell me that they weren't actually trying to hit people). So I thought 'what the heck, why not' and broke off a HUGE chunk of banana and lobbed it at some lady in a red swimming suit and a really hideous red sun hat, down by the pool. My aim was perfect! I totally nailed her hideous hat!

Needless to say, she was pissed. We hid inside for, like, ten minutes before we decided to peak out of the curtains. She was still staring at our balcony, trying to get a second glimpse of us! After ten, freaking minutes! She sees up peaking through the curtain (I swear, the woman had freaking laser vision) she she tells out, from across the pool: 'I SEE YOU!' Needless to say, she called security and filed an assault charge against me. We hid in our room for fifteen minutes before some security guard came in and lectured us - - or tried to, anyways. He found the whole situation pretty hilarious and was laughing too hard for us to take him seriously,"

"But I promise, I have never assaulted a woman with a piece of fruit, since," Kat concluded her story.

OOC Sorry for such a long post, but I was having a LOT of fun with this! I was trying to diffuse some of the awkward tension. This is the first of many stories you will hear, about Kat's antics.

(PS. This is a 100% true story. I actually threw a banana at a woman and got an assault charge filed against me. xD ))
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/27/2014, 3:36 pm

His eyes turned huge and he gained a massive smile on his face. her story was funny, well to be honest it was much more than funny it was hysterical. He couldn't held but first laugh calmly and progressively turn more and more louder until he was bursting off with laughter. He also remembered what she said about the kiddie pool and he kinda laughed at the mental image of him trying to fit inside a pool of that size.

"Ok like, wow. I wouldn't had had even lectured you if I was that cop. I would had just laughed, like I am right now and tell that old lady with the big ass hat to just ignore it and to clean herself up. Second, Can you even imagine someone of my size inside a kiddie pool? I don't think I can fit inside of it, unless you chop me in little Brastus pieces and shove me inside. Well, I don't have any crazy fruit stories, but I did shoot my best friend's step-dad with a tomato after he tried to get me to understand math. Like why do I have to learn things like Algebra when I am not going to use it anywhere in the world. Regardless of the tomato incident, I still had to learn math the hard way, which was no meat for three days." Said Brastus as he slightly stammered a bit but gained a bit more confidence, just a bit.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/27/2014, 7:02 pm

Kat was still caught up in little fits of laughter and, at the image of Brastus attempting to shove himself into a little kiddie pool, she doubled over in laughter. Wiping tears from her eyes, she looked up and said: "how do you shoot someone with a tomato?"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/27/2014, 7:13 pm

Brastus was enjoying seeing her laugh and actually have a good time. He decided to sit down on the sand and proceeded to watch the waves and the water sway together.

"Well it's quite simple. Step 1, you grab a tomato, step 2. you shove it in your pocket for the entire day, in an airtight bag so it doesn't smell of course, step 3. step away from your target, grab your tomato, remove said tomato from the bag, take aim with your arm, and then BLAM! throw it to your victim. If this doesn't work, well you have a bad aim." Said Brastus in a humorous way as he chuckled a bit.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/27/2014, 8:16 pm

Kat raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "Nailed it," she said, lightly.

"Anyways... About our date. When did you want to go?"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/28/2014, 11:46 am

Brastus placed a hand under his chin and begun to think deeply about a good day to go out. He thought maybe tomorrow would be a good day, but then he thought that maybe she wanted to pretty herself up. like if she needed it, so he thought maybe in two days. He was overthinking and his mind hurt. With his mental anguish he let out a loud groan and then faceplanted.

"So um, how about tomorrow? I mean unless you maybe want to dress up I don't know Im confused..." Said Brastus clearly displaying his confusion by his disgrunted face and by how he crossed his arms.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/28/2014, 9:41 pm

"I don't 'dress up'," Kat said, a light quality to her voice. "Sorry, Mealoaf. Looks like this is as fancy as you'll ever see me," she grinned. "I mean, I don't even think I own a dress!" She mused. "Jeeze, I mean the last time I wore a dress was probably..." She trailed off, the smile slipping from her face. "Yeah... that day," she swallowed thickly, caught up in a memory of some sort.

Snapping out of her thought, she plastered a smile on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes. "Yeah! Tomorrow sounds great!"
    shamie4
    shamie4

Female
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2014-03-30

Post by shamie4 3/30/2014, 8:40 pm

Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Titan Standing ovation Standing ovation Standing ovation Standing ovation Standing ovation Standing ovation Standing ovation Standing ovation Standing ovation Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Sleeping Pikachu Cute eyes Cute eyes Cute eyes Cute eyes Cute eyes Cute eyes Cute eyes Cute eyes Cute eyes Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic Leo Leo Leo Leo Leo Leo Leo Leo Leo 
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/30/2014, 11:33 pm

OOC Okay, first off, just no. Second: You can't post in the RP area with out any characters. Third: this is a private topic between me and Brastus. You shouldn't be posting here without permission. Fourth: use OOC when talking out of character in the RP section. And Fifth and finally: no spam. Please, God, don't spam the emojis. Just, don't.

BIC Kat cleared her throat loudly. "Anywho, I'll see you later, then," She said and left.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 3/31/2014, 11:09 pm

As soon as Kat started to leave, Brastus panicked hard... He ran after her and with his cheeks slightly red, he cleared gis throat loudly and asked her:

"So um, could I walk you to your cabin, place area thingy? To make aure you're alright and all." Said the blushing and proud Brastus as he tried to rub off his blush so he wouldn't make fun of him. He rarely lit up in his life, but he was willing to do whatever it took to win her over.

"Also, do you want me to wear a suit or something?" Asked Brastus who walked beside her, while hopelessly failing to maintain his bad-boyness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 8:20 am