A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Rick Sanchez
Belle
Morgan Landry
7 posters

Prom committee 2016 (private)

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Prom committee 2016 (private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Prom committee 2016 (private)

Post by Green 6/22/2016, 1:42 pm

"Oh, my gods! JK and I could make bread together. I love making bread. This one time, I made-- never mind." Alex didn't want to go on a tangent about the different types of bead he's made over the years. "...Anyways, I think we should have some form of lamb at prom?" He scratched underneath his chin. "I'd be more than happy to cook! Also for decorations, I can grow a couple of Arabian primrose? To give it that desert feeling."

Last edited by Zoopathic on 6/22/2016, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 6/22/2016, 3:39 pm

"Earth to Andy, are you still with us?" Valentina asked before turning to Alex and listening to what he had to say. "Good idea. You could pop in tomorrow and help us out with deco a little. Now, you two," she gestured at Alex and Jana Kay, "are in charge of food. Get as many of your siblings involved please. Do your thing, but don't do only Middle Eastern things. There are people out there who don't necessarily like that and it'd suck for them if there was only that one type of food they can't stand at this prom."

"Maybe we could style the bar like one of those bazar stands," Jana Kay dreamily said. "With urns and spice sacks..."

"Sounds good. Just... make some Western food as well, be it simple chicken wings, fancy finger food, or whatever you like. It's my first year as a chairman and I want this prom to rock."

Jana Kay nodded. Valentina was very bossy, but there must be also pressure on her shoulders, she mused. Anyway she didn't resent her for acting like that.

"As for drinks, maybe we can discuss that when Gamzee comes back. Until then, I was thinking we should at least offer different sorts of tea like rose petal tea or hibiscus tea, you know for starters, as well as ayran or cinnamon milk for those who wanna try it." The daughter of Aphrodite took out a stylish perfume bottle and sprayed a bit onto her neck. "Apart from that I'd say keep the classic sodas and mocktails, maybe spice them up Middle-Eastern style. The Dionysus cabin could improvise us some themed cocktails and give them some cool Arabian Nights nicknames to get everyone in the mood." She shrugged. "Desert flower, Ladies of Baghdad, Jinni's Trap, something along those lines. What do you say?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/22/2016, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/22/2016, 3:47 pm

Andy heard his name and snapped back to reality. Sorry Val, got lost in thought again. He admitted, a bit of pink rising to his cheeks from embarrassment. Gamzee returned not long after and sat down before tossing her phone angrily in front of her. Please tell me theres good news for me before I fly to my mom and punch her in the mouth. The daughter of Dionysus frowned before resting her forehead on the table with a thud, muttering to herself in Japanese. Do we have any alcohol? I need a drink. She groaned lifting her head and resting her chin on the table. Sure she had her handy flask of whisky on her but she wanted something good like the wines her father had stored in his office for when he could drink again.
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 6/22/2016, 3:51 pm

"I think we should also keep in mind allergies when we make the food for prom. Some people can't have dairy, some can't have gluten, some are vegetarians, some are vegan. Make some things without nuts. Just be mindful that not everyone can eat the same things, and there should be some options for them." Lia said, as she had let the conversation go on for quite awhile before she interjected back in, just so some other voices could be heard and other topics could be discussed.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 6/22/2016, 4:00 pm

Alex tapped his fingers against the table in thought. "I can...whip up some gluten free and regular chicken wings, do some celery and baby carrots, meatballs, vegan sliders, anything! I'll even spent all day in the mess hall preparing the food if I have to." The son of Demeter loved helping out anyway he can.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/22/2016, 6:10 pm

"Oh, and sweet potato brownies, and peanut butter fudge, and chocolate chip banana bread!" Jana Kay chimed in. "Everything dairy-free of course. This is going to be so much fun!"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/22/2016, 11:17 pm

Gamzee rolled her eyes and pulled out her flask, taking a few gulps as the liquid burned on its way down. I can do any drink you want so long as I see one finished or look up the recipe. I'll man the bar, I don't like dancing. The girl shrugged as Andy remembered the last time she tried to dance and chuckled a bit before swiping the flask from her and sniffing it. Rum. Really? He asked a little disappointed with her. Sure the demigoddess got the ability to drink and drink as much alcohol as she wanted without getting drunk or have the bad effects but still. Handing back the flask Andy shook his head and went back to the meeting.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/23/2016, 2:02 am

"Get your siblings involved. I'm sure Pollux or Kane are really good with improvising drinks. Lia," she turned to the girl, "thanks again for your great input." She was glad she had considerate people on this team, like her or Robert. "Alright, this would be food and drinks. I'll come by the day after tomorrow to check in on you two," she told Alex and his younger sister, "and see how you're doing with the menu. Now. Entertainment." She looked at Andy. "You were saying you had a band. Are they all demigods and can they perform? I was thinking it could be like this," she explained, "first one, or several, bands perform on the main stage, to start the ball, then we put on very Middle Eastern music so those who want to belly dance can do so, then we get the DJ and the night gets really started."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/25/2016, 8:30 pm

I'll need permission for one of my members to get into town but the rest are demigods either here or college level. You think Chiron will be ok with that? Andy asked as he kicked Gaz, who was mocking him again. She in turn flipped him off.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/26/2016, 3:06 am

Valentina twisted her lips. "I'm sorry, hon, only demigods are allowed in here. You'll have to ask someone from camp. I mean, even my dad isn't allowed in here!" And the gods know he wants to see camp. "But I'm sure anyone from the Apollo cabin is more than willing to give you a hand," she assured him before tossing her curls over her shoulder. "Also for entertainment, I was thinking we could have a TV in the background playing some themed movies like Aladdin or Prince of Persia, so people can relax away from the dance floor. Also -- and I'm really excited about this one -- one of my friends is super good at henna designs and has agreed to have a little booth where she does henna tattoos for people! Isn't it awesome?"

"Oooooh, henna tattoos are so pretty!" Jana Kay happily said.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/26/2016, 3:14 am

Andy nodded. I'll ask around and see if there is anyone who will take the spot and learn our songs. He agreed a little upset but didn't want to argue with anyone about it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/26/2016, 2:11 pm

"Awesome! Now, I think that's a wrap," she announced. "You were all absolutely lovely and I'm so thankful you participated. For those of you who have a task, get working. I'll check up on all of you in good time." Valentine stood up and put notebook and pencil back into her designer purse. "Love you all!"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/26/2016, 2:18 pm

Andy stood as well and gave a bow of his head as he turned and walked out the door a little gloomy with his hands behind his back. Gaz rolled her eyes. Just keep me posted on drinks you want done. She said with a wave of her hand and walking out the door but heading in the other direction from where Andy was going. She never really liked that hecate child anyways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:48 pm