A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Waves Crashing on Near Shores (Private)

Aves
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9301
    Registration date : 2010-06-23

Waves Crashing on Near Shores (Private) Empty Waves Crashing on Near Shores (Private)

Post by Aves 1/17/2024, 10:02 pm

Kathrine strolled onto the beach with a neatly folded towel tucked under one arm and a small leather messenger bag hanging across her shoulder. The afternoon sun shone through the thin layer of clouds, and the daughter of Athena was excited to be even in the filtered sun after spending winter break in Chicago. It wasn't quite warm enough that she felt like swimming the waters of the Sound, but it was still a lovely, peaceful spot to relax on a towel and read a book. Which was exactly her plan.

She dropped her towel onto the sand and set her bag on top of it before settling in the warm sand. While the rest of New England was recovering from a winter storm and the frigid temperatures that followed, Camp was still warm enough inside its magical boarders that Kate was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. She took a deep breath in and let it out slowly, relaxing and pulling out the elastic band holding her hair in a pony tail. A small smile grew comfortably on her lips as she fished the paperback from her bag and started reading it. Her legs crossed at her ankles as her heels dug into the sand, her knees were bent and rested in the crooks of her elbows as her arms wrapped around them, one hand resting on her knee and the other holding the novel.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Waves Crashing on Near Shores (Private) Empty Re: Waves Crashing on Near Shores (Private)

Post by Morgan Landry 1/22/2024, 8:40 am

OOC: Sorry for late reply!! Also I changed her name to Alessandra

BIC: The surfboard cut through the waves like a razor, leaving a trail of foam in its wake. Alessandra weaved through the water, angling the board left and right with a twist of her feet, gathering speed. The wave she was on rose and started curling down, giving her just enough time to do a trick jump before she landed back on the board's painted surface with a splash.
    Poseidon must be in a good mood today, these waves were the best she had seen in a while. With the winter storms raging in the mortal world, it felt like a luxurious treat to be able to surf in the camp's warm climate. Alessandra simply couldn't get enough of it. She only stopped when the conch rang for afternoon activities and she reluctantly rode her board back to shore, tucking it under her arm as she walked out of the water. Her eyes fell on a small figure in the dunes, curled up on herself with a book.

"Hey there," Alessandra nodded as she walked past before doing a double take. "Oh gods, Kathrine, I didn't recognise you! What are you doing here all alone?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/25/2024, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Waves Crashing on Near Shores (Private) Empty Re: Waves Crashing on Near Shores (Private)

Post by Aves 1/22/2024, 11:03 pm

OOC: No worries at all :)

BIC: The daughter of Athena's imagination turned the words on the pages of the novels into a movie for her mind as she read. As she turned the page a flash of motion on the water caught her eye. Her attention was quickly drawn away from the book and focused on the surfer as they caught the wave and carved their board through the wave like a hot knife through butter. "Whoa," She whispered in awe as the surfer completed a jump. Kate's attention drifted back to her book, only momentarily before the conch rang out to signal the starting of the afternoons activities.

With a sigh, Katherine gently tucked her bookmark against the pages before closing the book and storing it. She was determined to make her peaceful time between lunch and her afternoon activities count. "Hello," She answered back politely, smiling at the surfer as they walked by before doing a double take of her own. She recognized the voice but her mind took a moment more to place it, just about same time Alessandra realized who Kate was. "Alessandra? Oh my gods, I didn't recognize you either. I was just trying to find a quiet spot to read before going back to it all." She replied nodding her head back towards the rest of camp, "How was the surf?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/23/2024, 4:55 am

"Oh, fantastic," Alessandra grinned. "Waves were perfect, wind was just right. I'm so happy we have this magical climate here, can you imagine surfing anywhere else on the East coast in January?" She laughed, shaking her head. "Sometimes I really love being a demigod."

The two girls walked through the dunes, kicking up sand while a light wind played in their hair. Alessandra tucked her board under her other arm, droplets of water glittering on the paint. She painted almost everything she owned: surfboard, musical instruments, clothes, bags, furniture... Her student flat in New Rome looked like a full-blown artist loft. This surfboard was painted with Roman mosaic motifs in a vaporwave style, mixing Nereids and palm trees. She loved fusing ancient and modern elements in her art.

"What book were you reading?" she asked her friend. Katherine was always disappearing in delicious, tension-filled novels and Alessandra had never been disappointed by her book recommendations.
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 1/23/2024, 3:11 pm

A smile returned to Kate's face as her friend spoke happily, a small laugh leaving her lips as well. "I was in Chicago last week visiting my moms and it was absolutely freezing. The weather is definitely one of the perks." She agreed as the walked through the sand dunes.

Kate's eyes were drawn to the intricate patterns Alessandra had painted on her board. The daughter of Athena had always been awed by her friend's artwork, and had even asked her to paint a few of her notebook covers when Kate had gotten bored of the plain colors. The towel tucked under Kate's arm was from some university in Florida that had all but begged her to study her undergraduate degree there, but in the years since receiving the gift it had faded and looked significantly worse for wear.

Kate's face lit up at her friends question, she truly loved reading. Although not having dyslexia like most of her cabinmates mate her Ancient Greek lessons that much harder. "Oh my gods," She said excitedly, "It's called Delilah Green Doesn't Care, it's a gay enemies to lovers arc and it's so good!" She blurted out excitedly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/24/2024, 8:31 am

"That sounds delicious," Alessandra said, "Is there an audiobook version?" Her dyslexia was unfortunately quite strong and she didn't trust herself to get through the first five chapters on her own. Sometimes she really envied Katherine for her ease with reading - what she would give! Fortunately the book shops in New Rome started selling ancient Greek copies of university textbooks, so she did not fall behind in her coursework.
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 1/27/2024, 11:59 am

"Oh, it's fantastic!" Kate gushed, the book and the others in the trilogy had quickly become her favorite fiction books to read. "There should be an audiobook version somewhere." She reasoned as they walked back towards camp. "How's uni going? I can't wait to start there in the fall." She said excitedly as she brushed some of her hair away from her face and over her shoulder.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/29/2024, 7:40 pm

"Oh uni's going brilliantly," Alessandra said with a sly grin. "Bumped into an absolutely lovely PhD student. Daughter of Demeter, actually, briefly stayed here a while ago. She regularly comes to study in the café I work at in New Rome, so that's where it started."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 10:46 am