A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

Ace of Spades's characters

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Ace of Spades's characters - Page 5 Empty Re: Ace of Spades's characters

Post by Kendall 10/14/2010, 2:38 pm

So, she can make the honeybees and hornets attack people?
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 8715
    Registration date : 2010-06-13

Post by Ace of Spades 10/14/2010, 9:25 pm

Yes, but the hornets are more prone to aggression than the bees though. She usually uses the bees as a distraction, to gather honey (she loves it) or some other odd job. And the bees die when they sting someone because the stingers fall off, whereas hornets can do it repeatedly.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/14/2010, 9:30 pm

I don't honestly see what hornets have to do with Aristaeus.... Unless he's also god of hornets...
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Ace of Spades 10/14/2010, 9:44 pm

Yeah, I just thought since bees and hornets were in the same geneology, I could try to make it different. But if it's too much, I can just take off the hornet power.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/15/2010, 2:39 pm

Same genealogy, but if Aristaeus isn't god of hornets, then you can't control hornets.
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Ace of Spades 10/15/2010, 8:48 pm

Mhm, that's fine than. Just bees is alright, but may I raise it to 5 hives and 2 hour rest in-between?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/15/2010, 10:02 pm

Sure.
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Ace of Spades 10/15/2010, 10:29 pm

Thanks, Kenny. Editted.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/15/2010, 10:34 pm

Approved.
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Ace of Spades's characters - Page 5 Empty 8th Charrie, Bought from Kenny

Post by Ace of Spades 10/17/2010, 7:16 pm

The red is the changed/altered areas.

Name: Wyatt Harvey (warrior and battle worthy in French)

Eyes: Brown with a little red surrounding the pupil like a fire

Hair: Short Dark Brown, with dyed red hair running in the middle

Height: 6'3"

Body Type: Muscular, almost fully grown

Skin Color: Tan

God Parent: Ares

Mortal Parent: Celia Harvey

Country of Origin: USA

Pets: Thorn, 1 year old manticore

Talents: Football, fencing, basketball, great close combat fighting, quieter and more intelligent than other Ares kids, protective and caring for his comrades, impressive strength, not surprising due to his parentage, able to hold his zweihander and sledgehammer single-handed easily; Superbly agile, fast, and stealthy (combined the original talents and skills into one since skills are not necessary for the current form)

Weapon**: Inferno, his celestial bronze zweihander (two handed sword), the blade turns aflame if he says "φωτιά" ("fire" in Greek); changes to a lighter when not being used (doesn't smoke though lol); Pyrus, celestial bronze sledgehammer, it can make small/medium inanimate objects burst into flames with a forceful pound; changes into a ring on his right middle finger

Flaws: archery, doesn't trust many people anymore, had coma after he left camp and forgets almost everything about it, very reserved now, takes things quite seriously

Powers(must relate to god parent): can summon up to 5 birds of Ares, arrow shooting avians that protect the Amazonian shrine of Ares, for up to an hour; must recharge for up to 12 minutes per bird summoned per hour; uses mind to control the birds' actions, but the things like accuracy of arrows and flight speed are dependent on the birds themselves; can summon ten weapons (no guns) a day

Life Before CHB*: Wyatt lived with his mom in San Diego, CA until he was 11 years old. He was walking home from school when a man in a black leather jacket and shades walked up to him, gave him a gleaming bronze dagger, and said,"Here kid, you're gonna need this...in about 5 seconds." Wyatt looked at the dagger confused, and looked up, seeing the man gone like the wind. Turning around, he sees his first monster...a hellhound. After defeating the beast, he knew his life would never be the same.

RP Example*: I don't need this right now, I thought to myself as I was charging the manticore who just came out of nowhere. I click my lighter making Inferno, my zweihander, appear in my hands. I wield my swod and hold my stance as the manticore pounces over my burning horse. At the last second, I quickly side step out of the way and chop off the manticore's spiked tail. It growls in pain, but before it can turn to face me again, I create a huge gash on its side, making the monster explode in a flurry of golden dust.

Any notes about your characters: He left with Drake a year ago, and is now returning mysteriously due to Drake's sacrifice. Drake may or may not be alive from the last time Wyatt has seen him. They left all of a sudden for confidential reasons, but now he's back. He's changed drastically since he was last seen in camp.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/17/2010, 7:19 pm

Approved.
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Ace of Spades's characters - Page 5 Empty Isabelle Lightwood- Daughter of Acheron

Post by Ace of Spades 11/23/2010, 12:10 am

Name: Isabelle Lightwood

Eyes: Pure black

Hair: Long, straight jet black

Height: 5'11"

Body Type: Tall, slender, hourglass-shaped

Skin Color: Pale

God Parent: Acheron

Mortal Parent: Maryse Lightwood

Country of Origin: Canada

Pets: Patches, pet hydra, three-headed, two years old, stands five feet high

Talents: Hunting, gymnastics, unique combat styles, piano, dance

Weapon**: 8" Hidden blades under her forearms that pop out with a flick of her wrists; Whips/rope darts, five feet long, dagger pointed, can link together to increase range to ten feet with a sigle weapon, transforms into Mayday Parade and Boys Like Girls bracelets; 13 Throwing knives, transforms into 13 bead necklace, one bead per knife All weapons are made of Stygian Iron

Flaws: Overprotective, bad cooking abilities, hides emotions often, very stubborn, can be heartless at times

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional):

1. Isabelle can focus on a certain inflicted wound/injury/etc. and increase the physical pain of it by threefold, augmented pain returns to normal after five minutes, up to twenty times a day.

2. She can cause distracting migraines to up to two people at a time, lasts fifteen minutes, up to ten times a day.

3. She can shadow travel a distance of two miles with up to two other people, fifteen minute break intervals in-between, up to ten times a day.

Any overusage of powers will cause inability of using them for the next twenty-four hours.

Life Before CHB*: Isabelle lived in Vancouver, Canada with her half brother, Alec, and best friend, Viper. Between school, piano lessons, gymnastics, and dance, she lived a pretty normal, monster-free life until she reached 12. That's when a Hyperborean giant attacked her, her brother, and friend. Being weaponless and having very little combaitive training, it was no wonder they fled before the beast froze them to death. Soon after, more frequent monster attacks kept coming at the trio. A satyr named Zane found out about them and soon explained everything to them. After a few lessons on weapons, they embarked on their long journey to Camp Half Blood, on the other side of the continent. Many interruptions and fights were met during the journey, but Isabelle quickly adapted to her need of survival. She used her flexibility and acrobatic prowess to her advantage. Developing her own way of fighting, she was a crucial part of the team. She always looked out for Alec and Viper. Whenthey reached Brooklyn, New York, Zane got murdered by a catoblepas. In the same battle with the deadly beast, they met with another halfblood named Raiden. For a while, the four of them fended against the streets of Brooklyn on their way to camp, but Raiden sacrificed himself when they got ambushed by a pack of leucrotae. Days after, Isabelle and the others reached CHB. Isabelle coincidentally turned 14 that day, too.

RP Example*: I kept running through the abandoned alleys of the city, luring the lumbering cyclops behind me to an ambush. I jumped and flipped over a dumpster, not losing my momentum. The monster just used its massive club to smash the obstacle out of the way. It growled as it kept its pursuit. Smirking, I deftly turn a corner just as my brother, Alec, unloads with his bow. The cyclops already had three arrows sticking out of its body, one blinding its only eye. It stumbled forward, only to trip and face plant. Just to make sure it was down for the count, I walk up to it and pop out m right hidden blade. I slit its throat and watch as the monster turns to golden dust. I smile and turn to Alec. "Good job, bro." I commend him.

Any notes about your characters: Half sister to Alec, girlfriend to Viper
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Ace of Spades's characters - Page 5 Empty Alec Lightwood- Son of Pyriphlegethon

Post by Ace of Spades 11/23/2010, 12:48 am

Name: Alec Lightwood

Eyes: Dark blue

Hair: Short jet black

Height: 6'1"

Body Type: Slim, toned, athletic

Skin Color: Pale

God Parent: Pyriphlegethon

Mortal Parent: Maryse Lightwood

Pets: Emberbeak, pet phoenix

Talents: Archery, wushu, violin, guitar, cooking

Weapon**: Compound bow with a quiver of two dozen arrows, inciniery tipped, transforms into a belt; Rapier, transforms into a pencil; Scramasax (form of dagger, slightly bigger); 13 Shurikens, transforms into the 13 star tattoo design on his left arm All weapons are made of Stygian Iron

Flaws: Seemingly indifferent to most things, quiet, sneaky, difficult to earn his trust, vengeful

Powers(must relate to god parent):

1. Alec can perform fire manipulation (create fireballs/punches/kicks, breathe fire, etc.) twelve times an hour, sixty times max daily limit. (Strongest thing he can do is create a 5' wide fire ring)

Overusage of powers will cause inability of using them for the next twenty-four hours.

Life Before CHB*: Raised in Vancouver with his sister, Isabelle, and their friend, Viper, Alec lived a seemingly quiet life. That is, until he turned 11 of course. Before then, he enjoyed listenig to music, going outside often, and just being a kid. The unfortunate life of being a demigod took that away from him before he could truly understand anything. One day, he hears her sister screaming as she runs home. The next, they're ready to run away with some 'protector' named Zane. It was a bit of a rush for Alec, and sometimes, he couldn't take the rapidly changing lifestyle. His personality was dramatically altered during his journey. The boy who used to be cheerful and passionate was devoid of these feelings and filled with contempt and distrust to almost everyone but his sister, Viper, and Raiden. Unfortunately, Raiden got split up with them just as fast as they met. Yet another quick change of plans to mess with the young demigod's mind. When he reached camp, he vowed to search for Raiden; or at least give him a proper funeral for his sacrifice.

RP Example*: I took deep, relaxing breaths as I practiced my archery. Letting arrows fly and hitting bullseyes, whether they be wooden targets or minotaurs, was always satisfying to me. Raising my compound bow and nocking and arrow on the string, I set my sights on the target 200 yards away. This was a new extreme for me, as I tried to increase my limits. Pulling back the string and feeling the weight and strength of the bow, I steady my aim. When I felt like I lined it up, I let the arrow go soaring through the air. I watched as the projectile hits at the 8 point zone of the target. I shrug, knowing I can do better, and keep trying.

Any notes about your characters: Half brother to Isabelle, has snake bites (form of piercing)

Last edited by noBackboneShowsfromU on 11/24/2010, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Ace of Spades's characters - Page 5 Empty Vincent Perkins- Son of Hermes

Post by Ace of Spades 11/23/2010, 1:25 am

Name: Vincent "ViPer" Perkins

Eyes: Piercing dark green

Hair: Messy dirty blonde

Height: 6'3"

Body Type: Athletic, speedy build

Skin Color: Tan

God Parent: Hermes

Mortal Parent: Natalia Perkins

Pets: Jade, pet python

Talents: Guitar, basketball, parkour, quick reflexes, sword/spearplay, persuading, warming up to people

Weapon**: Longsword, transforms into pencil; Lance, transforms into pen; Dartshooter with a dozen darts, in a concealed special case; Converse that can sprout wings and let him fly up to ten feet in the air All weapons are made of Celestial Bronze

Flaws: Deadly at times, impulsive, gets into fights often, cocky, habitually commits theft

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional):

1. Viper can perform temporary speed bursts, going 40mph but only for a distance of 200 feet maximum, five minute breaks in-between uses, up to twenty times a day

2. He can run at 20mph for fifteen minutes long, thirty minute breaks in-between uses, up to five times a day

Power overusage will cause leg stiffness for a few hours and/or cause Viper to sleep twice as long as usual.

Life Before CHB*: Viper lived his whole life in Vancouver with Isabelle and Alec until he was 12. That's when his life Was about to get uncomfortably interesting. Rather than going to basketball practice and parkour training, he was now utilizing his teamwork skills and physical prowess to survive against the mythical world. Going across the continent to reach a safe haven for people like him was no easy task. What with all the ambushes, brawls, supply shortages, abrupt plan rescheduling, the murder of their protector, the cursory meeting and farewell of a fellow demigod, and several other factors and events, Viper's surprised he made it in one piece. When they finally reached Camp Half Blood, though, he realized the date and laughed. What were the odds of reaching camp on his best friend's birthday?

RP Example*: I went in my cabin, bored on a Sunday afternoon. My girlfriend was out hunting and practicing with her brother so I was stuck alone all day. I sighed and grabbed my guitar. Tuning it, I begin strumming and singing the acoustic version of Everchanging by Rose Against, one of my favorite bands. I soon begin to form an idea and smile to myself. I get off my bed and run out ofthe building, bringing my guitar along with me.

Any notes about your characters: Boyfriend to Isabelle, has a right eyebrow ring, everyone calls and knows him as Viper
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/24/2010, 1:02 pm

Approved.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/24/2010, 1:05 pm

Uh, well... Pyriph is an Underworld god, but he's god of the river of fire. And thus, shadow-travel doesn't fit in with his kids.
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Ace of Spades 11/24/2010, 1:07 pm

Mkay, that's fine. Editted.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/24/2010, 1:09 pm

Approved.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/24/2010, 1:11 pm

Approved.
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Ace of Spades's characters - Page 5 Empty Ace of Spades's characters

Post by Ace of Spades 12/3/2011, 3:47 am

Name: Raiden Ashbury

Eyes: He has a medley of oranges, yellows, reddish-browns, and browns blending in circles around his pupils like this.
    Spoiler:

Hair: He's got medium, black hair that's often ruffled and messy, but purposely done so.

Height: 6' 1"

Body Type: He has a muscular composure. Athletic and lean.

Skin Color: Caucasian

God Parent: Astrape

Mortal Parent: Clayton Ashbury

Country of Origin: United States

Pets: None

Talents: Parkour, close quarter fighting, swordplay, chess

Weapons**: Twin Greek Celestial Bronze broadswords (changes into 10" bladed daggers); Celestial Bronze knuckles (transforms into rings on each ring finger); Scorpio crossbow (converts into a chain necklace)

Flaws: Full of schadenfreude (meaning he derives pleasure from others' misfortunes), recalcitrant, bellicose, distrustful, cynical, avaricious, and holds grudges.

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Raiden has the power to generate and manipulate electricity in various forms. He's been consciously and actively practicing his powers since age twelve.

1. He can shoot lightning bolts out of his hands, and he can electrically charge his fists, feet, and objects he physically comes into contact with for brief amounts of time (thirty seconds per use). Raiden can perform this fifteen times an hour with a maximum of seventy five times a day. Any more per hour or cumulative per day will result in passing out for several (three to four) hours.

2. He can create an electric field around him in the shape of a dome. The dome has a radius of five feet with Raiden being the center point and a peak height of ten feet (meaning there's a space of 3'11" above him before one touches the electrified 'ceiling'). It is not a complete aura but has somewhat of a sinewy, spiderweb-like appearance that is continuously shifting and changing. Think of it as a large dome'd spiderweb around him that haphazardly changes. The duration of the dome lasts five minutes and he can only create this once a day. If he attempts to make a second, he faints for twelve hours.

3. He is able to summon a small cumulonimbus storm cloud. The cloud can only reach a seven by seven foot dimension when seen from right under. This thunderhead can discharge lightning and move where ever Rai wills it to; though, it can not be summoned in the confines of buildings, only the outside of course. This power lasts up to ten minutes, unless he loses concentration, which would make the cloud dissipate altogether. Once it dissipates, it can not be summoned again. Raiden can only create this once every two days. If he surpasses his limit, he will sleep for twenty-four hours, and after that state of unconsciousness, his electric powers will be 'grounded' for another twenty-four hours.

All his electrical powers have a maximum voltage of 60,000 volts and current flow of 150 milliAmps.

He can not use his second and third power in conjunction. Doing so would cause his body to create a fusillade of electricity and kill himself.

Life Before CHB*: As a child, Raiden had grown up in the each of the five boroughs of New York with his father. Rai's dad was a drug dealer and life was often hard for the two of them. They had to move often, from borough to borough, as his father's business was always on the move, and they were always almost being found out by the cops. The continuous moving caused young Raiden to always be the new kid at school, even at times when the school year had already started. This made it extremely difficult to make friends for him. Not to mention, because of his father's shady business and background, Raiden was taught to be tough, not openly trusting, cynical, and quick-witted.

In a rough, underground society that was so closely tied to his dad, Rai was often in danger of being kidnapped, jumped, and harmed in other ways. Many times, he was and he did. Still, the sturdy boy knew how to escape tight situations and grew to withstand pain. Another thing about the moving was that it made him unable to commit to his studies as much as other students, not that he would anyway. He gained much street smarts in compensation.

Obscure events, still unknown to Rai even today, led to his father having to drive him to eastern New York, passed the dangerous boroughs. Clayton had gained a notorious label for himself, and the cold, uncaring father finally decided it was useless to keep his son with him. He had dropped Raiden off in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere and handed him a single piece of folded paper. It was a charred piece of parchment that showed the way to Camp Half Blood.

RP Example*: Raiden slowly approached his unassuming target. He crouched behind a leafy bush as he waited for the distinct sound of something like a mutated pig's snort. On queue, he dared to take a peek from the right of the foliage, spotting the infamous catoblepas. This lethal creature could kill a man by its mere gaze, and unlike Medusa, you didn't have to return its stare to become a victim. Fortunately for Rai, the monster had its back toward him, grazing on some fruitful bush on the other side of the opening.

Rai took his chance. Extending his right hand straight slowly and quietly, he formed his hand into the shape of a gun. Concentrating, he released a ruby bolt of electricity and watched it flat-out paralyze the catoblepas. Now the long-necked beast couldn't move to see him, at least for a while. Raiden charged forward at a breakneck pace while transforming one of his daggers into a sword. He trailed up the creatures tail, onto its back, and slashed at the base of the neck. The body beneath him, along with the now-falling head and throat promptly changed into golden dust. Rai had stepped off beforehand and now was rummaging through the pile of particles. The search resulted in a catoblepas fang, quite a rare trophy for quite a rare monster. He pocketed the spoil of war and walked out of the Deadly Forest with silent satisfaction.

Any notes about your characters: Raiden arrived at Camp when he was eleven. The electricity he creates is red. He usually goes by Rai (rhymes with pie). He also has a New York accent.

Last edited by Ace of Spades on 12/3/2011, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arik
    Arik
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 20528
    Registration date : 2010-06-05

Post by Arik 12/3/2011, 12:32 pm

He can't transform himself into electricity, it counts as shape shifting.
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Ace of Spades 12/3/2011, 8:18 pm

Altered.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/3/2011, 9:03 pm

Any weak spots in the dome/field of electricity?
    Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Ace of Spades 12/3/2011, 9:13 pm

Projectiles can still feasibly pass through since its electricity and isn't actually a solid. Rai can also make openings in the lightning dome since he can manipulate the electricity (it would count as a use of his first ability). If he doesn't employ his first power, then the web of electricity does naturally change erratically, and there is a chance of people getting through without being shocked and singed too much. The psychological thinking of running at a wall of electricity might usually hinder people from doing so, I hope lol. Also, any people that can manipulate the ground or who can rise up the undead can do so in the inside of the dome.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/3/2011, 9:21 pm

Approved.

Sponsored content