A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Calm waters, rough seas.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Calm waters, rough seas. Empty Calm waters, rough seas.

Post by Holly 4/6/2014, 10:17 pm

Calm waters, rough seas. Tumblr_n42hx1UKCp1saxemio1_500

The sky was clear and bright with the Atlantic sun, shining down onto the cool water and penetrating the clear and still liquid, allowing both of the passengers of the boat to see the bottom: over a hundred feet below. The ship was elegant in itself: twenty feet of pine and oak wood, reinforced, stained and painted white with large murals and images of amazingly detailed flowers and plants across it's bow, all hand done by Thorne Rose, one of the two on the craft. A single sail rose from it's deck, holding the crisp and clean sail, allowing the ship to be propelled southward towards Virginia beach. The name of the ship, the mighty 'Sea Rose' was among the pretty images of the flowers, also hand painted and well done. On the deck was the first girl, Thorne, as the sun had only just risen and the second day upon the ship had started. The night before, Thorne and her best friend, Cleo, had left and made it to this spot before the sun had sank and they had slept after enjoying a well made dinner.

Thorne had been up since five o'clock, having checked every line and every part of the ship, examined the oil in the motor that was for backup, scrubbed the decks (Cleo had mentioned she wanted to tan), watered her plants, and had set the course homeward. They still had a full day after this one to go, and the child of Demeter was excited to spend some quality time with the child of Aphrodite. Salty spray hit the young girls face, making the Barbados native smile as she began to turn the ships wheel and lock it in place with the right trajectory back to Virginia. She had let Cleo sleep in the main bedroom with her luggage, thinking it would be more comfortable for the model.

Thorne still couldn't get over how her best friend was a famous model from Europe, but when your in a camp full of demigods from the world over: anything was possible. Her red hair was let free, going below her shoulders and her green eyes shined like polished emeralds as they gazed over the horizon, waiting for Cleo to wake and emerge from the belly of the vessel. Thorne wanted to know more about the most recent love triangle her friend had gotten herself into, and also wanted to warn her not to touch her crush that went to her school once they got to the destination.

Thorne hoped Cleo would stay with her until summer break, and she could sail them back up the coast to camp again, but she didn't know. She sighed and glanced to the dish set up outside the door that led below, it allowed Thorne to have both cable television and a working phone for emergencies besides her standard radio. With a yawn, she scratched her pale arm and began to trim a plant nearby: a bonsai tree she had acquired from a Japanese sister of hers.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Calm waters, rough seas. Empty Re: Calm waters, rough seas.

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2014, 4:22 pm

It must be well past ten am when Cleo lazily came out of her bed. She took her time to shower, then wrapped herself in her elegant white silk bathrobe, fruity lipstick and Brazilian blue eye-liner emphasizing her skin color.

She walked up the stairs onto the deck, having fetched a bowl of cereals with milk from the kitchen along with some orange juice, and sat on the little bench at the side of the boat, tasting the cereals with relish.

"¡Hola, hermosa!" She told Throne in Spanish.

OOC: Hush there, I know it's short.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/14/2014, 9:08 am

Thorne had been carefully caring for her plant when she heard footsteps as well as the gorgeous voice of her friend calling out to her. With a smile, the redhead turned and walked over, her bare feet on the freshly polished wood of the deck.

"¿Hola cómo estás?" She asked, glad they could share more than one language together, three actually: at least fluently. She noticed her fresh makeup and grinned, pulling out a lawn chair from one of the compartments. "Did you sleep well?" Thorne asked her model friend, after all, she had given Cleo the master bedroom.

OOC: it's ok!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/15/2014, 1:51 pm

"¡Muy bien!" Cleo delicately yawned, stretching like cat. "The bed is so perfect! I could lose myself in that fluffy sea of a cover!"

She put the cereal bowl on the little table next to Thorne's lawn chair and ate a couple if other cereals, alternating with sips of orange juice. "I'm glad you have those nature cereals," she continued, making small talk. "I put on 0.2 kilos in the last week, I can't afford to get any fatter!" The daughter of Love passed a lazy hand through her sweet-smelling curls. "I have a photo shooting session soon after I come back home, my father already arranged it..."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/15/2014, 2:29 pm

Thorne laughed "indeed! I only aquired it because it was so fluffy!" She told her friend with a grin as she set the pot in it's proper place and sat across from her, leaning onto the table. She heard Cleo mention her weight and the photo shoot she had plan: causing the Barbados girl to curl her lips upward into a smile.

"Indeed, though I can honestly say Cleo, those 0.2 kilos aren't noticeable on your spectacular frame!" She announced, messing with her hair that was let loose and flowing in the salty wind. "You always look so perfect, every single time I see tou!" The redhead laughed, her green eyes twinkling.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/16/2014, 9:09 am

"Oh Thorne dear, you're making me blush," Cleopatra simpered.

She pulled the hems of her white silk bathrobe closer over her legs and finished her orange juice before leaning backwards, enjoying the sun, the radiant blue sky, and the relaxing sound of the tiny waves against the boat.

"This is paradise," she whispered, before opening her eyes again and looking at Thorne. "Oh, Thorne, did I tell you? I'm now dating Jackson, from the Apollo cabin. You know, Jackson Delta, the pop singer."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/16/2014, 10:33 am

Thorne blushed and looked across the blue waters of the Atlantic out towards the horizon as she heard Cleo mention her newest boyfriend:Jackson Delta. The Barbados girl had heard of him, hell, she had a crush on him a few years prior: but now she didn't think too much of him or his pop music. "Oh really?" The redhead grinned and looked back at her friend, pulling on her shirt a little. "Is he part of your newest love triangle?" She grinned, knowing how Cleo worked all to well, she had seen it before.

The day was heating up and the sun shined down on both of the young women. Thorne grinned, wanting to change into her bikini later to maybe dip in the ocean, or just work on deck...but with Cleo around, she was self conscious more than normal; after all, Cleo was a model, Thorne wasn't. The daughter of Demeter listened as she heard Cleo begin to speak again with her harmonious voice.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/16/2014, 3:44 pm

"Yes he is," Cleo giggled. "He used to be with Cassiopeia, from the Khione's. When she went on holidays with Lakisha, I ... Intervened."

She gave Throne a malicious smile.

"And what about you? Who's your crush?" Cleopatra asked with a curious smile. She loved discussing boys.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/16/2014, 3:52 pm

Thorne's pale skin took on a pinkish tinge at the question. "Me...? My crush...? I uh....." She looked down, not quite used to these sudden questions, although she did expect it to come from Cleo eventually. "Well...there is this boy in my school that's pretty cute...but he's dating a snob..." She sighed and played with her hands.

A few moments passed and she spoke again "oh! I saw a pretty good looking guy at camp, but I know nothing other than he's a good looking guy around my age....I think he's in Mr. Dscabin....or yours" Thorne frowned, trying to think of how else to describe her current crashes to her best friend.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/16/2014, 5:16 pm

"Oh my darling," Cleo laughed, elegantly standing up, "are you gonna let a snob take your crush from you?"

She stalked around the table and passed a sweet hand through Thorne's red hair.

"Would you like a make-over?" She asked. "He will forget that snob girl, and your Camp crush might just come up to you and invite you on a date..."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/16/2014, 5:52 pm

Thorne blushed and nodded mutely, not knowing what to say to such a generous offer. "Thank you Cleo...your truly amazing" She giggled slightly. Her re hair flew back in the ocean wind, salt spray splashing occasionally onto the sides of the craft.

"Should we do it now? Or when we dock tomorrow evening?" She asked, her voice shifting from Spanish to English to Greek...it was all because of her lack of confidence in her vocal critique.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/18/2014, 7:13 am

"As you wish but I'd like to start now. I have already some style and make-up ideas for you and trust me, you're gonna look fa-bu-lous," she giggled. "You'll easily be the prettiest in your cabin. Not that you're not pretty, of course not, you're a beauty, darling, but you don't use your complete potential, which is a pity."

Laughing her girly laugh, Cleo took Thorne's hand and made her stand up. "Come on, sweetheart! I wanna show you the latest styles!"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/18/2014, 8:39 am

Thorne laughed and stood up when she pillows on her hand. "Ok ok! Lets unlock my full potential then" she grinned, ready to ccept her friends makeover. As long as Cleo used natural makeup and stuff, nothing heavy with synthetic looks or materials: she would be ok with it. The sun was still slowly rising around them, the brilliant colors of the sunrise stil resent, but fading away into the blue.

The ocean was truly a marvelous sight, and Thorne knew it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/18/2014, 7:44 pm

Esmeralda led Thorne into her own room, where her clothes were already neatly folded into the wardrobe. She sat the her friend down on a chair in front of the mirror and looked at her.

"You're a daughter of Demeter, so your style would be something delicate, something nature-related, simple but cute. I see... booming colors, yes. Not shrieking colors, more like blossoming ones, to evoke your mother's -and your own- domain."

She stood up, twirled around once, and went to the wardrobe. She searched in it for some moments before coming back with two dresses, one made out of white lace, the other one white printed with pretty red tulips that brought a sprinf-flair.

"Which one would suit you most?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/19/2014, 12:05 am

Thorne followed her model friend back into the ship, going into the smaller of the two cabins where she was sleeping. Leaning back in the oak chair she had in the room, she crossed her pale legs and smiled. "Well...I like the one with the tulips, but your the fashion expert! You tell me!" She laughed playfully and looked at the two options.

"So...about your Jackson boyfriend, is it a love triangle, like a big scandal? Or was he genuinely single when you picked him up?" She asked, slightly enjoying when Cleo told her escapades.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/19/2014, 6:42 am

Cleo giggled. "We can try several things, honey," she told Thorne. "We can even do  photoshoots if you want, I have my camera, not to mention my phone."

She chuckled again in a girly way before reaching over and handing Thorne the tulips-printed dress. "Here, put it on. I'm gonna try to find some nice shoes for it and an accessoire." With that, the daughter of Love went back to the wardrobe and started searching in the various compartments.

"So...about your Jackson boyfriend, is it a love triangle, like a big scandal? Or was he genuinely single when you picked him up?"

"Oh dear," Esmeralda giggled, "it would not have been really fun if he had been single, would it? No, he was dating Cassie, from the Khione's. She hasn't come back yet from her skiing trip with their counselor, Lakisha, but we'll be back at the same time. I can't wait to see the look on her face!!"
    She rose up and stalked back to Thorne, holding a pair of glossy red Sergio Rossi heels, a white ribbon and a delicate bracelet. "Here we go, Hermosa," she smiled.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/20/2014, 3:00 am

Thorne grinned at the idea of a model giving her a photo shoot and smirked as she took the dress from her friend and changed into it, making sure it fit well over her slim frame as Cleo went and got some red heels, as well as a ribbon and a bracelet from her wardrobe. The child of Demeter could feel the ship rocking as it stood it's ground in the Atlantic, allowing the two friends to work on Thorne's fashion.

"I guess your right about that" she laughed and looked at her with her bright green eyes. "Could you perhaps tape the drama? It's awesome to watch you at 'work'" The Barbados girl chuckled and stood up, looking at herself in the full mirror before slipping on the delicate the heels.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/21/2014, 7:00 pm

Cleopatra started brushing and braiding Thorne' s hair according to the latest hairstyle tendencies, plaiting it over her right shoulder, before attaching it with the cure white ribbon.

"Oh dear, what did you do to your hair?" She asked, melodious shock in her voice. "Just look at all the splitting! What cares do you use?"

Thorne was still thinking about Cleo's latest love target.

"Could you perhaps tape the drama? It's awesome to watch you at 'work'."

"Darling, you read in my mind! Don't worry, I have my little plan. Jackson is soooo cute, he's gonna fall for it," she giggled.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/21/2014, 7:16 pm

Thorne laughed a little and closed her eyes, relaxing as Cleo began to brush and braid her hair. She heard her complain about the split ends and blushed, feeling a little self conscious. "I use uh...,I can't remember the brand, but it's in the shower if you want to go chec&" The Barbados girl sid to her friend as she smiled, wanting to know how she could fix this problem, and the other ones Cleo was sure to find.

After all, Thorne was a nature lover. She was always in the dirt, or in the lab and only showered when she needed to: well, at camp that was the case. At home she would regularly bathe; although the river suited her tastes much better than a shower. Opening her eyes again she glanced at her friend "perhaps we should play some music as well?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/22/2014, 5:56 am

"I saw your shampoo, but honey, shampooing is not enough! Look, your hair is all dry and splitting. You have to hydrate them. Apply a rich capillary oil on the whole length, then wrap them up in a warm towel for half an hour and you finish with a soft shampoo," Esmeralda advised. She kept on chattering about various hair products for shampoo, oils, balms and creams, anything related to hair, also talking about which ones she used and could lend her.
    Beauty products were among the top four of Cleo's preferred conversation subjects, the other three being fashion, boys and stars. She just couldn't stay silent about those.
    She suddenly undid the braid, sprayed some hair gloss onto her red strains -- "This should do for now, but really darling, get your hands on the oil I told you about!" -- then started plaiting it again, attaching the ribbon with delicacy once she was finished.

"Perhaps we should play some music as well?" Thorne asked, opening her eyes.

"Oh, sure, sure!" Cleopatra agreed before fetching a pink bathroom bag. "Make-up?" the daughter of Aphrodite smiled.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/23/2014, 3:37 am

Thorne blushed and reached for the small remote on her bed, glancing down at it before pressing the buttons to turn on her ihome that sat on her nightstand, her iPod still docked on it. She frowned for a moment, glancing at her friend as she tried to find some music that perhaps Cleo would enjoy as well.

"What music do you want to listen to?" The child of Demeter asked as she flipped through her playlist. Then she heard the question about makeup and paused, thinking carefully about her answer.

"Sure...makeup, just not too much ok?" I told her with a small smile, curiosity taking over my normal thought process.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 6:05 am

"What music do you want to listen to?" The child of Demeter asked as she flipped through her playlist.

"Oh, I don't know, hermana, anything pop and fun!" Cleopatra replied.

"Sure...makeup, just not too much ok?"

"Of course not. I am a daughter of the goddess of Beauty, not some second-class horror movie make-up artist," she said, knitting her eyebrows. "And you -- she smiled at her -- are a daughter of a nature goddess, which means your make-up must be as nature and nude as possible."

She elegantly sat on the table in front of Thorne and lifted her face by putting her index under her chin. "Don't move," she said, and started.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/25/2014, 6:07 pm

Spoiler:

Thorne smiled and stopped flipping through her playlist, settling it on some Katy Perry; Dark Horse to be exact. She refused to move as her friend said so, and looked at her with her pretty green eyes, and flaming red hair: although it was more of a maroon than a bright red. Her delightful smile played across her lips as she watched her friend get some makeup and sit on the table across from her.

She stayed perfectly still liked asked ad waited for her to begin.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2014, 7:31 am

OOC: Looks great!

BIC: Cleo's foot tapped lightly on the floor with the rhythm of the music; she loved that song. Even more since the clip was taking place in Ancient Egypt, and because she could relate to it so much.
    She took out a Love In Paris eyeshadow palette from her make-up bag along with some other beauty products.

"I'm gonna improvise a bit," Cleo giggled. First, she took a hydrating tonic which she dipped onto a cotton and applied it on Thorne's face to clean the skin from the little impurities caused by sleep or the salt of marine air. Then, she put on her cheeks a hint of translucent powder to mask pores and other irregularities before taking out a soft make-up brush and stroked some faint blush on her cheek bones before drawing back to appreciate the result. "Hmm. Perfect. Now, to your eyes." She took out two brushes as well as a white powder. "You're lucky I thought of giving you a make-over even before you asked me to come with you!" the daughter of Love smiled. "Otherwise I wouldn't have this powder, we don't have the same skin tone." She applied the powder with a larger brush under her eyebrows, and with a little one at the corner of her eye. Next, she turned back to the eyeshadow palette and started making Thorne a brown-golden smokey around her eyes, but very light so it faded away into the natural color of her skin before underlining and sharpening her gaze with black khôl and lengthening her eyelashes with mascara. The daughter of Beauty finished by applying a light film of nude gloss on her lips.

"Here you go," Esmeralda chuckled, standing up and twirling around to let Thorne admire herself in the mirror. "One hundred percent natural. What do you think? Of course, I didn't do my full potential since you might have found it a bit too much for you, but if you wish, I can try something else."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 4/26/2014, 4:43 pm

Thorne's lovely green eyes widened with impression and joy as she viewed herself in the full mirror, admiring the marvelous work her friend had done. "Cleo es amaing! Puedo crees su tan sólo... tan hermoso!" She spat out in rapid Spanish, grinning widely.

She stood up and did a twirl, her red hair flying around as she let out a giggle. Then the Barbados native turned to her best friend with a smirk. "Esmeralda! Te sinply debe maquillaje tú también! Entonces podemos dancd en la cubierta o tal vez puedas enseñarme hpw para conseguir mi amor!"

Pausing, she was curious if she should've switched back to Greek or English to exclaim her thanks and idea to her friend. Oh, if she didn't comprehend the quick words of Spanish then she would gladly translate: it wouldn't be too hard.

OOC: Cleo it's amazing! I think it's just....so beautiful!
    Esmeralda! You should do makeovers more! Perhaps we can go and dance on the deck?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 8:19 pm