A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Calm waters, rough seas.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Calm waters, rough seas. - Page 3 Empty Re: Calm waters, rough seas.

Post by Holly 5/30/2014, 9:18 pm

Thorne climbed up from the cool water and laughed, shaking her wild red hair. "Uh...Virginia beach, next stop. It'll take...maybe a full day? So we will get there tomorrow in time for dinner" The Barbados girl explained as she walked over to a chest bolted to the deck and pulled out a compass and map, briefly checking the course of the vessel.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/31/2014, 2:16 am

"Oh, perfect, perfect!" Cleo melodiously said as she sat on the kind of bench, spreading her arms over the handrail and tilting her head back to appreciate the sunlight.

The hot temperature was making her feel just at home. It made her think of when she and her friends would go to the beach directly after school in Barcelona, stay there until evening, then go partying all together. Ah, summer was certainly the most fun season in Esmeralda's opinion.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/31/2014, 4:51 am

Thorne smiled and put the map as compass back, walking over to her. "Would you like to tan Cleo? I can pull out a towel or something...Orr what should we do while we wait? It doesn't really matter to me" She explained softly while pulled on a sail and making a micro adjusemt to the course.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/1/2014, 6:05 pm

"Tanning? With my skin color? Darling. Though you might need one. Really look at you, you're white as snow! That's not healthy. Come and enjoy the sun, do you want me to put some cream on your back?"

Cleo's chatter was melodious like the chirping of a bird, and she batted her long eyelashes. Thorne was really pretty -- alright, not as pretty as me, of course, Cleo thought, but still fairly attractive.

"And why don't we just have fun?" She smiled and grabbed her iPhone, which she had left on the table. "Selfie time!" Cleo added, patting the place next to her for Thorne to come and sit.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/1/2014, 6:12 pm

Thorne raised her hands and shook her head, the wet red hair tossing around her shoulders. "No, no Seniorita, I don't tan. Trust me, I've tried. I just can't get tan" She laughed lightly and walked over once Cleo called for selfir time. Honestly, the child of Demeter didn't take any photos of herself, or really any selfies-heck she didn't even have a Facebook! Or twitter! She was comfortable staying offline and with her textbooks, though she went and sat besides the charming child of love.

"Let's do it!" She called with a charming smile as she passed her arm around Cleo's shoulders.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/1/2014, 6:17 pm

Cleo gave the camera a charming smile, took a picture, then made a more sexy, model-like expression by looking at it directly with her mouth half-open, and snapped another one.

"Here, look at them," she said, showing them to Thorne. "Do you mind if I load them up on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/1/2014, 6:45 pm

Thorne looked over the pictures, only seeing her flaws in the quick snaps of photography. "Uh....sure, you can do that" Thorne told her with a small smile, hoping she was not asked if she herself had an account, she really didn't like it when she was pressured into social media. If she wanted to get a Facebook, she would.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/1/2014, 6:55 pm

Quickly, Cleo loaded both pictures on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, tagging and adding descriptions: #sea #summer #sailing #me #selfie #thorne; 'Beautiful day on a turquoise sea with my baby <3' in English and Spanish. She had a lot of friends and followers on all three networks, and didn't doubt people would reply soon. Her pictures usually got at least fifteen replies and almost twice as many likes.

"Beautiful pictures, darling," she told her. "You look really nice on them."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/1/2014, 6:59 pm

Thorne blushed a bit, a patch of pink appesring across her pale cheeks. "Thanks Cleo, but we both know you are so much prettier than I" She told the darker toned girl as she stop up and walked over to the edge of the boatC looking over the massive expanse of the atlantic. "just think, 50 miles out and we would be n the Bermuda Triangle...unexplored seas! I really wish to sail through them one day, see what secrets it holds"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/2/2014, 4:39 am

"The Bermuda triangle? You can't be serious, darling. It's the Sea of Monsters."

She remembered the Quest for the Golden Fleece -- oh, she had been young there, twelve or thirteen -- when Clarisse had went off to the Sea of Monsters, and Annabeth and Percy had sneaked with them, along with Percy's horrific brother Tyson.
    Her phone made a ping-noise and she unlocked the screen.

"Oh, somebody replied on Facebook!" she gleefully said, opening the tab. "It's Manuel, one of my school friends!" She briefly read the comment, which said how beautiful they looked. "Awww, he's adorable, isn't he?" she purred, liking the comment.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/2/2014, 4:50 am

Thorne was about to open her mouth to argue with Cleo but held back, not making a sound as she discussed the comment on Facebook. Slowly standing she looked around the glossy ocean as the continued to head southward, the American coast barely visible off the starboard of the elegant sailboat. Looking into the water she could see fish, although the dolphins had swam off on their own paths, leaving them without any other mammals. They had birds though, Thornes parrot was by the ships wheel and several sea gulls landed on the deck.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/6/2014, 10:38 am

Cleo saw Thorne wasn't replying and turned her phone's display off. It vibrated again, probably another comment, but she didn't check it. Most of her siblings were on Facebook and a number of other demigods, though some just didn't create an account because they were afraid of attracting monsters.

"I'm going as Tiana for prom," she said, changing the subject. "My father even accepted to design my dress, I'm so excited!! Who are you going to dress up as?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/6/2014, 5:10 pm

Thorne looked up at the model and smile softly at the mention of prom. Thorne was really looking forward to it, but she didn't even have a date yet... "I'm...I think I'm gonna go as Merida" the red headed girl replied after a quick stutter. She was gonna say that she would not attend the dance, make up some lie to get out of it but she just couldn't.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2014, 5:39 am

"Merida? Oh that suits you soooooo much, sweetheart!"

Cleopatra stretched slowly, like a cat, and looked back at Thorne. "Do you already have a dress?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/7/2014, 9:31 am

Thorne shook her head and rubbed her long strands of red hair. "No...no actually I don't..." Thorne sighed and looked down. "I should really get one, but they are just so expensive!" Thorne complained and yawned. She really wanted to get a dress and the proper things tocimplete the Merida look for prom, but she was down on her allowance.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2014, 10:01 am

Cleopatra's lip stretched into a sly smile.

"Would you like me to ask my father for some help on that?" she asked. "He can give us the necessary cloth, and we can accessorize the rest."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/7/2014, 10:07 am

She smiled and nodded. "That sounds great!!!" Se grinned and smiled as she sighed happily across the decks and grinned. "Thanks Cleo!! Your the best!" She smirked and walked to te mast, pulling on a rope to move the sail into the wind, speeding up the craft towards Virginia.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2014, 7:03 pm

OOC: Time skip to when they're in Virginia?
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/8/2014, 10:56 am

OOC: sure!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2014, 6:25 am

OOC: You start? :)
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/9/2014, 9:05 am

Ooc: I guess, I'll pm link
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2014, 1:20 pm

OOC: Aren't we doing it in this topic?
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/9/2014, 1:25 pm

OOC: yup

The water was calm and still as Thorne turned the wheel, directing the small, yet elegant sailboat into the harbor where she stored it, other boats from small fishers to large yachts also decorated the inlet, each boat proudly showing its name as Thornes was as well; the Sea Rose. With a smile across the redheads face she directed the boat to its proper dock and lifted the sails so they wouldn't propel the boat anymore, turning off the engine and generator as well as she guided her vessel to a controlled stop. After three days on the water sailing from New York with her friend, Cleo, they had finally come to their destination in the lovely community of Virginia beach.

The child of Demeter was a happy bundle of emotions as she ran over and leaped from the boat to the deck, quickly tying tight and secure knots to keep her boat from floating away in her absence. After it was to her specifications she lifted a plank of wood and laid it across to serve as a gangplank, walking back onto the boat to smile at her friend while picking up some of the bags. "Are you ready?" She asked with a giggle. From the parking lot a man was approaching them who shared Thornes green eyes and had a very similar structure to his face to Thornes, obviously her father. He had dark brown hair that was neatly trimmed and wore a suit, as he had just came from his work to pick up Thorne and Cleo. He waved to the girls kindly as he approached and smiled once he got to the correct dock.

"Hello" He said to them both, his accent not at all like Thornes, but much more Scottish.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/14/2014, 7:18 am

Cleo was on the deck as they arrived in the harbor; she wasn't much into ships, but some elegant boats caught her eye, especially the yachts. The daughter of Aphrodite was wearing a short, fashionable kimono dress, the blue silk embroidered with a pink and golden floral design. It was cut above the knee and had very short sleeves, sheathing her model body perfectly. With the dress (which her father had designed), Cleopatra had sleek high heel buckle-up sandals in glossy blue decorated with sequins, a white fabric flower in her straightened hair, golden earrings and a matching bracelet on her wrist. Her make-up consisted of delicately spangled blue eyeliner, lip gloss and blush, as well as the sempiternal mascara.

"I'm ready, my love," Cleo prettily smiled, the spangles of her eyeliner drawing attentions to her irises.

She watched as Thorne jumped to the deck to attach the sailboat then took her coffee colored Longchamp handbag to follow her friend to the deck.
    A man of about forty came to them; obviously Thorne's father. His accent was Scottish, which tended to make Cleo giggle, but she held back, not wanting to seem rude.

"Hello sir," she smiled. "I'm Thorne's friend, Cleopatra -- well, my real name is Esmeralda, but people usually call me Cleo. It's very nice to meet you."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/14/2014, 12:42 pm

The man smiled and nodded as he quickly embraced Thorne before hugging Cleo very briefly as well. "Nice to meet you Cleo! Thorne has told me several things about you" he added before helping the two girls select and carry the bags to the car, a dodge impala. It was a pretty nice car, four doors and four seats with an alright trunk to store things in, such as the bags. Cleo got to sit besides Thornes while Thorne sat in the back seat, with some of the bags and suitcases that wouldn't fit in the trunk. The ride to Thornes home was quiet, but amazing as they passed villas by the beach and giant sandy beaches full of tourists and students and anyone who could, was out chilling in the sand with the cool salty water and the burning sun ahead.

The ride was only a few minutes when they pulled up to the two storied house, brilliantly set upon the sand dunes, very unique compared to the houses besides it as the walls were covered in large murals of flowers (by Thornes hand of course). Upon pulling up to the house Thorne jumped from her seat and exited the vehicle, rushing to her friends door and opening it for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 2:15 pm