A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Keep calm and go to Scotland.  - Page 5 Empty Re: Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2014, 9:49 am

"Eating feels so good," Jana Kay said, her mouth full. "Oops. Didn't mean to be impolite." She patiently chewed her bite of turkey and mushrooms then swallowed. "I kinda have greedy guts."

Stopping to sip her tee, the blonde daughter of Demeter smiled at James. "And how are you? Dude, I'm so thankful you dragged me through it. Like, you... you really saved our lives."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/25/2014, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Post by Perca 6/7/2014, 12:04 pm

"Nah, that was pribably you and your kick-a** moves"I laughed and grinned at her."But really, you were incredible! Your mother and siblings will be so proud of you!"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2014, 1:12 pm

Jana Kay gave him a shy smile, looking down onto her plate. "Thank you. It was the second time I used that one power over the fields, it's kinda tough to keep up." She swallowed a hazelnut, eating some lettuce with it and smiled at James again. "Your moved are pretty badass too," she grinned.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 6/7/2014, 1:17 pm

"Thanks. I am 007 anyway"I grinned pplayfully and nudged her arm."But that's enough action for a day. Wanna watch a movie when we're done? I'll let you pick which one"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2014, 5:45 pm

"Ohh yes, that's a brilliant idea!" She grinned. "Let's watch a comedy! How about... Hmmm... We got Michael McIntyre's DVD at home, I promise you you will cry with laughter!"

Smiling at him, she ate another bite of turkey, the flavors combining magnificently on her tongue. The soft, salty turkey, the spicy mushrooms, the neutral hazelnuts, the refreshing lettuce and cheerful lime.... It was delicious. She loved cooking, and she hoped James liked it.
    She was grateful for this moment. She was grateful for the food they had, for the chairs they were sitting on, for the house she lived in, for her clothes, for her life... Yes she was most of all grateful both of them were still alive.

And she was grateful for James. Incredibly, skyrocketingly grateful. She would never tell him but she cherished the moments they had like the most precious jewel. She did her best to memorize everything so she could think about it at night when in bed, tell it to herself like a good night story and fall asleep with a stupid grin plastered to her face.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/20/2014, 8:12 am

"Uh... Sure! I've never heard of the guy, but if you say it's good, I bet it'll be awesome! Just like this amazing food. Honestly, where did you learn to cook like that?!"I laughed and ran a hand through my still wet hair, strands sticking on my forehead even after I pushed them aside."I swear, something is wrong with you Demeter girls. No one is allowed to be that awesome! And when I find out what it is... The world will be MINE!"I exclaimed in a ridiculous villain voice. Which caused me to somehow choke on air and I ended up coughing and giggling like crazy. When I finally managed to get myself under control, I wiped the tears from my eyes and sat up straight, my cheeks a light pink. "Yeah, um... Sorry about that"I mumbled, clearing my throat once awkwardly
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/20/2014, 11:53 am

"No, don't be sorry," Jana Kay said, shaking with laughter, before calming down gradually. "You'd make a wonderful villain, 007. Too bad you already sold your soul to the good guys."

Her cheeks were still a bit red from his compliments; she knew most people loved her cooking, but when James was praising her food, it was a whole other story. Demeter children were natural cooks, some had even made it professional (among the most famous ones was Vatel, Louis XIV's cook, who had... killed himself just before a banquet he had been cooking for because the fish didn't arrive... Jana hoped she'd never come to such extremities... especially since cartloads of fish did arrive, just like, five minutes after his suicide). Talk about timing.

"As for Michael McIntyre, he's hilarious. Come on, I'll show you."

There wasn't much food left (just some crumbs here and there and half a hazelnut) so they quickly did the dishes before cleaning the table. Jana took a bottle of soda from the fridge and a bag of crisps and crackers from the cupboard and motioned for James to follow her. She jumped up the stairs to the first storey in her bunny slippers, then the stairs the second storey and showed him inside the loft.
    When people say loftthey often think about a dusty, chaotic place where old stuff is stored. The Robertson's attic wasn't at all like this. It was cozy, with a soft carpet in which Jana loved to dig her toes, two mattresses against the wall with fluffy covers and pillows, strings of light here and there along the inclined roof and a TV facing the mattress.

OOC: A bit like this: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/23/11/f1/2311f153d37c652aad8761c29b8e0a9a.jpg

BIC: Jana Kay crouched down next to the TV and looked through the DVD cupboard until she triumphantly rose with a movie in her hand. "Gotcha!" She sat cross-legged on the carpet, switched the TV on and let the DVD slide in. After grabbing the remote control, she went to sit with James on the mattress, wrapping herself in a cover like an Amerindian squaw, then selected play.

OOC: Since you don't know Michael McIntyre, it is my duty to at least show you two of his one-man-shows.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPTtQz5TfH0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjkHpJuifg4

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/20/2014, 12:03 pm

I laughed as I followed her upstairs; she looked so cute with those slippers."Very mature footware you got there, Robertson"I teased her as I jumped on the comfy-looking matress."Cool place, by the way"I noted as I took a look around the room. I always liked attics and this was a very well-mentaned one. "You need to congratulate your interior decorator, they've done a great job"I told Jana as soon as she came and sat next to me. As she prepared whatever we were going to watch, I grabbed the one end of the blanket and pulled it over my shoulders so I was covered too and we were huddled close together. "I felt a bit cold and left-out"I shrugged as I turned my eyes on the screen, pulling my knees up to my chest in order to be completely under the blanket
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/22/2014, 5:38 am

"What, you got something against my bunny slippers? Come at me bro," she chuckled. "And my family and I did the deco, so thanks for the compliment!"

They huddled close together on the mattress and started watching the comedy. Jana Kay just loved Michael McIntyre, he made such hilarious jokes, it was so incredible how he could turn simple things of everyday life into comical stuff. His part about the mandrawer was just priceless.
    They shared the crisps and crackers while sipping on the soda, occasionally choking on it with laughter, but it was such a perfect moment, sitting here with James, close enough to him to feel his bodily warmth, to perceive his scent of sea and cedar, have some of his streaks tickle her cheek, and just... laugh together, watching a funny movie.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/22/2014, 9:59 am

"Jam"I quotted as soon as the show was over."Once again, you were right Jana Kay. I admit defeat. The guy was awesome"I said in my most respectful voice. "But, really now, a mandrawer?! I need to have one of those. Who knows when the CIA will call me?"I laughed at my own stupid attempt of being funny and ran a hand through my now mostly dry hair."Do you have another show we could watch?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/22/2014, 10:38 am

"Maybe I can give you one for your birthday," she grinned. "I'm gonna pre-load it with my old phone from 2004 and some pens who don't write anymore, if you want."

They finished the bag of crackers just the moment the Robertson family came home. Sheri and Opal bounded up the stairs to the attic, flopped on the mattresses next to them, tickled Jana and ran away. Later, the two parents came up to check everything was fine; Jana Kay briefly hinted to the attack at the cliffs, but she didn't want to say everything: first, she didn't want to scare her father and second, An was still very hesitant when it came to believing who Jana's real mother was.
    Once they had gone back down, Jana produced some chocolate.

"Do you watch Game of Thrones?" she asked.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/22/2014, 1:39 pm

"Aw, that would be so kind of you!"I managed to comment just before her little sister rushed in the room. When we were finally alone again, I was about to suggest we watch some Doctor Who when she spoke."Well, to be honest, no. I'm too much of a hippie for that kind of stuff"I addmitted and grinned shyly."But we can watch it if you want"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2014, 8:40 am

"Nah, if you don't want to, there's no reason to watch it," she said. "What fandoms are you in? Harry Potter? Avengers? Superwholock? We got quite a lot of DVDs here."

Jana Kay had a Tumblr (scottishcereals) where she loved to post fanfictions, reaction gifs, fanarts and headcanons about her fandoms (Marvel, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Disney, How To Train Your Dragon and so on). She was a convinced Jelsa shipper. Some selfies also found their way onto her Tumblr dashboard, but most of them were on her Instagram.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/23/2014, 11:05 am

"Well, I quite adore Doctot Who. And cartoons"I mumbled shyly. Not a manly thing to like but whatever. If there was a person who wouldn't judge, that was Jana Kay.

Just then I got a flashback of a long time ago. Before Autumn, my ex girlfriend. While I first realised my feelings towards the blonde daughter of Demeter. We were going back from the campfire, ready to have a secret sleepover with thrillers and chocolate, when she said in her most serious tone: 'I understand if you're gay, 007. It's not such a bad thing, you know. You don't have to hide it. Someday you'll find a nice guy'

Even after I explained her that I wasn't, she tried to set me up with some guys. Well, before Autumn, that is. We had some hilarious times back then.

I shook my head and smiled. "You know what? Just put whatever you like. I'll watch anything, really."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2014, 2:45 pm

"Well, we can watch both! I got all the seasons of Doctor Who with the bonus episodes, and if you want we can watch some Disneys or DreamWorks later on. We got nearly all the cartoon Disneys, including Tangled and Frozen, and I also have How To Train Your Dragon 1 and Rise of the Guardians."

When he asked her to just choose something, she laughed. "How, should I flip a coin? No, I got a better idea. Close your eyes."

While he did so, she selected the bonus episodes from Doctor Who as well as Frozen, Tangled, Rise of the Guardians and How To Train Your Dragon 1. She put her hand in front of James's eyes just to be sure then scrambled the movies a bit more on the floor. "Choose a number between one and eight."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/23/2014, 2:58 pm

"One and eight? Damn, that's hard. How about eleven?"I asked jokingly and laid back on the matress, crossing my arms under my head. "Well, um... I don't know. Three?"I shrugged and grinned."As long as it's not Barbie, then I'm fine with it"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/24/2014, 12:59 pm

"Nope, it's not Barbie," Jana Kay chuckled. "You can open your eyes, we're watching a bonus episode of Doctor Who!"

She let the DVD drive into the player and clicked herself to the main menu with the remote control. The episode started and Jana Kay snuggled up against James, opening a new pack of crackers for them both to eat.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/24/2014, 1:11 pm

"Yay!"I clapped and pulled Jana into a tight hug as soon as she returned on the matress."Thanks, you're awesome!"I grinned and stole a cracker."You know, I never would have thought you liked this kind of stuff if I didn't know you of course"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/24/2014, 1:20 pm

"Haha but you do know me, don't you Mr Bond?"

Actually, James might be the one person -- apart from her family -- to know the most about her. They had simply done so much together, been through so much and survived so much... It wasn't a coincidence he happened to be her best friend.
    The movie started playing and for the first moments it wasn't interrupted by anything else than the sounds of crackers being chewed. Jana and James stopped chewing at the same moment, looked at each other and laughed before focusing back on the movie.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/24/2014, 1:52 pm

Having seen the episode before, I instead focused on the girl next to me. My bestest friend, probably the most important person in my world. But that had nothing to do with my romantic interest in her, of course. I couldn't help it, though. Jana was the most amazing person I had ever met. She was fun, she was smart AND she was pretty. What else could a guy ask for? Plus, she cared for me. And she knew me. But that wasn't enough for her to like me that way. Well, a guy can dream.

Before I knew it, the crackers were gone, I had my arm wrapped around Jana's shoulders and was stroking up and down her arm with my thumb. My eyes felt heavy as all the day's event came crashing down on me and I nuzzled my head in her neck affectionately as I nodded off.'
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/26/2014, 2:16 pm

Jana Kay was exhausted. The fight on the cliff, the use of her powers, everything was tugging at her consciousness. The cover was so warm. So fluffy. Jana Kay suppressed a yawn but the next second, she was curling up on the mattress and dozing off.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/26/2014, 2:20 pm

OOC: Time skip, you start?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/27/2014, 11:12 am

OOC: Sure!

BIC: A sudden pinch in her arms made Jana wake up. "Go away Batman, you owe me 20 dollars," she mouthed in a sleepy voice before hearing a low mewing. A chocolate brown cat was curling up on her lap, digging her claws into the cover. She yawned. "Marshmallow, what are you doing here?" She sat up, and only then realized she had been laying on James with her arms around him. Oh, by the gods, she blushed. That was awkward. Thank the gods he was still asleep. Jana Kay took the brown cat in her arms and put her down on the floor. "Go back to Opal," she said, but of course, the cat stayed, and jumped on James's lap.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/27/2014, 1:17 pm

I whined at the sudden weight on my legs and rolled on ny side, unconsiously throwing the cat on the floor. It mewled angrily and ran away, making me jump at the sudden sound along with nails scraping along the wooden floor."What tge-!"I exclaimed and looked around wildy, my eyes focusing on Jana. "What's going on?"I asked before I noticed her messy hair and flushed cheeks. Looking down, I took in the tangled sheets and suddenly the pieces fell together. "Oh. Um...."I mumbled awkwardly as I felt my own cheeks heat up in embarrassment
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/29/2014, 3:46 am

"Marshmallow, Opal's cat. She often moves around in the night," she said.

With her brown color, the cat didn't look at all like a marshmallow, but Opal obviously had no problem with it. Jana Kay lay back down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. "Sorry I woke you," she whispered. "Do you want to go back to your room?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 5:04 am