A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Keep calm and go to Scotland.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Post by Perca 10/5/2014, 9:11 am

"Oh"I mumbled and, copying Jana's movements, fell back on the soft matress, turning my eyes everywhere but on the young girl."Um, sure. I mean, I don't want to bother you, so I'd better leave. I mean, if you want me to. Which is totally cool, I completely and fully understand, you don't have to be kind, it's logical"I akwardly said
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 10/6/2014, 8:54 am

Jana looked aside. Fact was, she didn't want him to leave. She wanted to stay here with him and cuddle up again, though didn't know how he'd take it. They were both very awkward, and a little voice in Jana Kay's head kept saying It's a sign! in a hopeful tone.

"You're not bothering me. And if I wanted you to leave, you'd be out of the window by now," she jokingly added to release the almost palpable tension.

Still blushing, she looked at him. Fortunately for her, the darkness hid her tomato-red face very well; if it weren't for his voice, Jana would not even know where his head was. They had too little time together (as in, just the two of them, at Camp). And once Camp was over, both of them went back to their mortal lives, Jana Kay here in Scotland, James in New York. They kept contact of course, mainly through Iris-Messages, quick texts or snapchats, but they didn't want to risk monster attacks so they reduced contact through mortal ways as much as possible. And then came the time when one of them lacked the drachmas for a long Iris-Message call, which tended to suck.
    Now he was finally here, next to her, and just that gave her an emotional high. She felt so good around him. She was often afraid that he might be put off by her flaws and imperfections -- her greenness, her soft heart, the way she reacted when she felt unloved by others, her appeal to comfort, her constant trying to avoid danger. She knew and was sensitive to his boundaries. They rarely argued, but when they did, they'd often just grin and laugh at the whole thing before saying sorry and trying to find a compromise. That was just one of the reason why -- yes, why she was in love with him.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/22/2014, 3:11 am

"Nah, I'm too heavy for your tiny hands"I teased her playfully and sighed. I was really glad she wasn't kicking me out. This was the closest we had been to each other for a while and I really appreciated it. Jana was my whole world and I hated it when we were apart. She started out as my best friend but turned into so much more. For me at least. I knew that for her all I was was a friend. Maybe she saw me as a brother too. But nothibg near the love I felt for her.

It may have been the cheesiest thibg, but literally, the world shone brighter when she smiles, when she laughed I heard music etc etc. I was doomed to love her for all eternity, that's all I knew for sure

OOC: AGAIN I FORGOT TO POST!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/25/2014, 2:36 pm

OOC: Haha it's okay don't worry <3

BIC: Jana Kay chuckled. "Was that a dare?"

She playfully rose her fists, contracting her arms in an attempt to make her biceps bulge like the bodybuilders did, a funny frown on her face. She lost it after a couple of seconds though, laughing, then curled up under the snuggly warm covers, looking at the ceiling as they fell silent again. She wanted to say something.... keep the conversation going. Perhaps.. perhaps it may lead to admitting their feelings? Jana Kay didn't even know if James still had something for her. He had said so at the airport but perhaps it had just been because Autumn and him had broken up a bit ago.
    Wait no. James wasn't that kind of guy and she knew it. Her heart pounded faster. It could actually be.... Oh my gods. Her cheeks burned and she knew that she must be all red in the face by now.
    Should she start the conversation? Should she really? I don't dare to though... If her friends Lilly and Allison saw her now, they'd probably put on cheerleading outfits and scream "Dooo iiiiiiiiiittt" at the top of their voices. Just the thought made her smile. Sadly though, Jana Kay wasn't exactly an expert at the whole flirting thing. She hadn't had a lot of crushes throughout her life and people always saw her as "that funny girl who's always smiling" rather than as a potential girlfriend. Her thoughts drifted to Gianna, a girl from the parallel class who always flirted with everyone and lied about it to her boyfriends. Jana really wished the only thing they'd ever have in common would remain the pronunciation of their names.

Anywayyy... The silence was getting a bit awkward. Why wasn't he talking? Was he asleep again? Oh my gods, if she had missed the opportunity...That prospect was enough to make her breathe in deeply -- but as quietly as possible -- and start to angle their chat to another subject. Slowly.

"But anyway, it's okay," she whispered. "I mean... I'm okay with you staying. It's been too long since Camp, I won't ask you to leave.."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/25/2014, 3:32 pm

I propped my head on my hand and turned on my side to stare at the young girl beside me. Some light somehow peaked through the heavy curtains and I was able to see her outline as she laid on the bed, deep in thought. She looked really breathetaking in the soft moonlight, all exotic and magical. Which I guess she was in a way. My own little Tinkerbell.

As I watched, her facial expressions changed and she reddened before slightly paling. And I would give everything to know what was in that beautiful little mind of hers. She really was unique, in every sense of the word. Deep down, I always knew she had my heart from the first moment I saw her. Actually, from the first time she called me 007, but whatever.

I was about to open my mouth and tell her all that I've ever felt, but she spoke first. And I was thankful, because otherwise I would have freaked her out to the point of no return. I grinned at her words and chuckled."You won't even know I'm here. Just like your cats." And with that I dove under the covers and started nuzzling my head on her stomach in a cat-like way.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/25/2014, 4:13 pm

"Eeeeeeesh!" Jana Kay squealed, giggling and panting. "You're tickling -- me! Get -- off!"

She often had troubles speaking when tickled. Wriggling away, she wrapped herself up in the covers so that no inch of her skin was exposed. "I'm immune to your attacks now," she said from inside the covers. After a couple of seconds she stuck her head out, her blonde hair sticking wildly around her face. Jana playfully squinted at him then stuck her bare foot out, tapping on the mattresses with her toes as if she was testing the terrain, gradually coming closer. "The perimeter is secure," she concluded in a deep voice, laughed and sat back next to James, sharing the covers.
    On the one hand, she was grateful for him to have made her laugh and thus easing the tension a bit but on the other hand she had felt like on a momentum. "I didn't invite you to not know you're there," she chuckled, then stayed silent for some more moments, crossing her legs. "Ah, James," she suddenly said.. "Do you .. do you sometimes have that? When you realize during a fight how much people are important to you?" Perhaps that had been too direct. She had to go on a parallel track. "I mean, I think about it a lot.... Ever since Gemma and David, and everyone else.." Gemma and David had been among the siblings who had died during the Titan War. Gemma who just couldn't take stuff seriously and who had just moved from Iowa to Maine to be with her dad, and David whose flat jokes still made Jana laugh when she thought about them.. "I'm sorry," she said after a moment. "I just had a flashback, I guess."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/29/2014, 7:16 am

I smiled softly at her and nudged her shoulder with mine."Yeah, yes I do. I haven't been in many situations like the one you're describing but yes, the realisations have happened to me. And I know you miss the ones lost in the craze of war... But think about the ones you still have, thank tge gods they are still here. Siblings of yours died in the battlefield and, even though I didn't know them well, they were important to you, I get it. Just think though that there could have been more losses. Like Lucy, or Bliss.... Or anyone for that matter. It could have been you. And the ones who died would do it again to protect you and the rest of humanity, I'm pretty sure. They are heroes. Don't be sad they're gone, be proud of who they were and the life they led; be thankful for their bravery, courage and kind hearts"I told her, turning my eyes on the ceiling as I spoke
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 4:01 pm

The pain came back and she briefly closed her eyes. She didn't want to think about all that right now so she directed the conversation back on the track she wanted.... and feared.

"It could have been me... it could have been you." Jana's cheeks burned, and she wished she had prepared cards for this. "Look James... I'm talking about today. That monster.... we could've died so many times. And I couldn't stop thinking about what I'd do if, (she breathed in) if it happened to you. Or if I died without telling you..."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/3/2014, 4:46 pm

"Shhh, it's alright now."I murmured soothingly and wrapped her in a hug."We're both slive, no reason going back to thst. Look, I'd die if I was left without and that's why I don't wish to thi.nk about it. Let's just think about the now, kay? And now we're all good and healthy"I said in a slow, quiet tone."It's all fine"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 5:09 pm

"You don't understand what I'm trying to tell you, James," Jana Kay whispered. Gods, why does this have to be so complicated? "I.... I meant what I told you. And what I did."

She curled up in his arms with her knees against his, looking into the darkness, her heart pounding so fast she thought it might break out of her chest.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/3/2014, 9:07 pm

"Jana, I-I'm afraid I'm the one who fails to grasp the meaning of your words. What's going on? Are you okay? Is something wrong?"I asked worriedly and pressed my palm on her forehead to check her temperature
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 9:37 pm

"You don't remember?" she asked, looking into his blue eyes. Did he really not remember how she had kissed him, right after the fight? How she had started to say what she felt for him?
    She felt like she was about to cry. Tears stung her eyes. She tasted salt in her mouth as one rolled down her face. Oh no, not now. She was quite noisy when she cried. Pressing her hands to her eyes and nose, she broke away from him and stood up.
    "Look, James, I just... I can't do that anymore. Hang out with you, pretending you're just my best friend. I just... (she forced a sob back into her throat) I can't stop thinking about you. When you text me during class, it's like my heart's doing acrobatics. When you're in New York and I'm here in Scotland, our Skypes are the best parts of my day, I'm excited about them from the moment I step out of my bed." She brushed her messy hair out of her face and stuffed her hand in her pocket to take a handkerchief out. "Don't tell me stuff like I'm tired or I'm not doing well," she said, blowing her nose. "Because it's not true. How can I not be doing well when I'm in my house, with my family and with you, all of us alive and healthy, after an amazing movie evening? With crackers and chocolate?" Jana dabbed her eyes with the back of her hand. "I've been lying to myself for too long. I was just afraid we wouldn't be friends anymore. But I can't just.... just fight off monsters with you, being seconds away from Hades then just walk away like nothing happened, pretending I don't feel what I feel."
    She looked straight at James, her eyes glistening in the dark with wiped tears. She had been turning around the subject for too long now and there was no going back. Better do it quick and fast, like when you take off a plaster. She blew her nose again. "I guess what I'm trying to say is.... would you like to go out with me?"
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/3/2014, 10:12 pm

I stared at her at a loss for words before standing up and walking towards her, embracing her in a comforting hug and kissing the top of her head."Shhhh. Hey now, don't cry, Flower Princess. I'm sorry for being a bitretarted back there, okay? Look, even though I'd like to believe you more than anything else right now, are yiu sure about this? Because you won't be able to handle it if, after a few weeks, you decide it's not what you wanted. You'll start avoiding me and I'll start chasing you around. Do you really want the others to see that? I mean, we'll be the joke of many days to come. And, I'm sorry to tell you just now but, you suck a bit at taking critisism well. So, be honest. Are you sure about this?"I asked carefuly, rubbing soothing circles on her back with my thumbs
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 10:16 pm

"I'm sorry, James, I'm not going to let somebody else's opinion make me step back from this," Jana Kay said, briefly accepting his hug then drawing away. She was still crying but had that determined set of her jaw, like she was ready to fight off yet another monster. "James, this is not something that happened just now. I've been in love with you for months. Don't ask me if I'm sure about this because I've been building up the courage to tell you this ever since May, so just tell me yes or no."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/3/2014, 10:19 pm

I gave her a faint smile. "Sounds like a good idea. But, you know how much of a gentleman I am. And it is not very gendlemanly for a lady to ask someone out. So, let's do it right. Jana, would you like to go out on a date with me?"I asked and grinned at her
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 10:35 pm

Oh my gods.

Oh.
    My.
    Gods.

Was it actually happening? Was this real? Was this...?
    Jana Kay opened her mouth in the widest grin she had ever managed, then nearly stumbled forward, stood on the tip of her toes, tilted her head to the side and pressed her mouth to his lips. She didn't even know how to kiss. She had just seen people at school, at camp and in movies but the real thing was so much better. Her face was still a bit wet from her tears, her nose bumped into James's cheek but when she opened and closed her eyes, their eyelashes brushed like butterfly wings fluttering against each other. She never thought such a light contact could feel so intense.

OOC: cONFETTI

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/7/2015, 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/3/2014, 10:44 pm

I held her head gently, as if she were a porcelain doll, precious and fragile. Which she was, to me. Returning her light kiss, all my feelings that I'd kept bottled up inside came rushing back and for a moment I was overwhelmed by the flood of emotions taking place inside me. Moving one of my hands to grasp hers, I lifted it and placed it on my chest, where the heart was located. Breaking away, I had to grin back at hrr. "Are you sure we're not abducted by kids of Hypnos and hypnotized to believe this is happening?"

OOC: XD At last
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/3/2014, 10:49 pm

She ruffled his hair in the dark.

"Shut up and kiss me, Mr Bond," Jana Kay grinned and pulled him close, her arms around his waist.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/3/2014, 10:55 pm

"More than happy to oblige, Miss Robertson"I chuckled and leaned down, pausing inches away from her for a moment before finally pressing my lips to hers. Wow, I was never gonna get tired of this. Suddenly I had an image in my mind, of and older but still beautiful Jana holding a small, blonde baby in her arms with a content smile on her face. It made me grin against her lips and hold her a bit closer.

OOC: Woulsn't it be awesome if, like, a poison dart from the tail pf a manticore came in, stanbed James in the head and.killed him on the spot? :P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 6:57 am