A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Keep calm and go to Scotland.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Post by Perca 4/19/2014, 7:31 am

I sighed in relief when I saw Jana get up, looking okay, but it didn't last long. While I was distracted, the monster found a chance and tried to cut me in pieces with his claws. I yelped and jumped back, only, I was already at the edge of the cliff. With a surprised cry, I fell down towards the ocean.

Sinking into the water felt good. The impact with the surface hadn't hurt at all and now, being completely surrounded by my element, I felt a rush of incredible power go through me. I could think clearer and estimate the situation better. All we truly needed was a plan. But how?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 4/19/2014, 7:53 am

"JAMES!"

Jana heard herself shout rather than will herself to do so. She knew that, should he hit the water, he'd survive but what if there had been any rock? What if....?

For the first time in her life, kind and optimistic Jana Kay felt a surge of rage.

"Αγρε!" She called and the whole field behind her welled up angrily in response. She parted her arms either side of her, and next thing she knew, she was lifted on top of a one -meter-high wave of wheat blades on which she was finding her footing and keeping her balance as easily as if she had been standing on the ground. She only had a couple of seconds to act, she could already feel the energy seeping out of her muscles, so she pointed at the monster and the wave started carrying her over to it.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/19/2014, 8:59 am

Closing my eyes again, I concetrated on the water's silent strentgh and in no time, I shot up to the sky by a blast of water. Before I could fall again, I used my weight to fall on my feet at the edge of the cliff, losing no time to find my balance as I ran towards the monster. Just then I saw Jana heading towards it, leading... an army of wheat? I shook my head to clear it from distracting thoughts and charged, knowing I didn't have much time since my water tricks had weakened me
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/20/2014, 10:41 am

Riding that wave was easier than anything Jana Kay had ever done. It had now grown to one meter fifty, and she was concentrating to keep it at this height. Surfing straight at the monster with bended knees, Jana Kay shouted a war cry that seemed to echo through the field; the monster turned around, his reptilian eyes and snake tongue glinting in the faint Scottish sunlight and aimed a grab at her with his claws. Jana surfed out of the way, then, with a last rush of energy, she ordered the wheat to eject her; it gave her a powerful propulsion before falling back to normal height and she managed to jump up to their attacker's shoulder before hacking down onto his shoulder blades, bones crunching under the sharp celestial bronze blade.
    Her feet now dangling under her, her white jeans maculated with brown earth and dripping monster blood, the muscles in Jana's shoulders and forearms were starting to catch fire. She was holding herself only with her hands, which were sweaty and had started to glide down the labrys's handle. Just at that moment, the monster gave a powerful shake, and Jana fell down. Her labrys caught his back, then his thigh, stopping her fall for a couple of moments, but then she lost her grab on her labrys and resumed falling, finally hitting the ground. Her knees hurt, her ankles hurt and her labrys was now sticking deeply in his thigh, green blood escaping the greenish, scaly skin.
    The monster reached behind him and tore it out; the weapon looked like an insignificant toy in his huge hand. He looked at it, turned it over once or twice ....before suddenly throwing it into the sea.

"NO!" Jana called. She jumped up, took a large stone and threw it at the monster. It hit his back and did not do much damage... well, to him. He turned around and looked at her. Jana Kay twirled on her heels and started running in the opposite direction. She had no more weapon, she was exhausted and doubted she could use any power again.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/20/2014, 2:49 pm

Not managing any real damage to the beast, I stood back again. I saw Jana running and started running along with her. There was only one solution."JANA! We have to jump!"I called out at her, the monster's footsteps as it followed us making the ground shake."It's our only chance!"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/21/2014, 7:11 pm

Jana Kay turned to look at James, her backpack hitting her spine with every step. There was a desperate look in her eyes. There wasn't time to think. It had to be now.
    Jana Kat veered to the right, her long lanky legs spinning towards the promising edge of the cliff. Just at that moment, a grunt was heard behind them and she spun around. The monster was close behind them. Much too close. He could grab out and catch one of them. Jana stopped dead in her tracks. Their life might depend on the seconds she'd be able to win for them.

"Dendre!" She called in Ancient Greek, opening her hand at a tree a few yards away. She could feel the roots underneath her feet, plunged in the warm soil. There was a rumble, and an earth-covered root shot out of the ground and wrapped itself around the torso of the monster. It would not hold him back for long.
    In two leaps, Jana Kay was next to James and grabbed his hand. Together, they jumped.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/22/2014, 8:12 am

I took Jana's hand as we jumped, pulling her close to me in order to protect her with my body as we fell in the water. I enfluged us quickly in a bubble of air and let her go."That was close"I couldn't help myself and grinned at her."Are you okay? That last one must have tired you"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/23/2014, 2:28 am

Jana was pressing James's hand in her own as the waves rushed up to them. Her hair was flying vertically above her head, and she was glad she wasn't wearing a skirt. She was squeezing James's hand tightly as if it was the most precious thing in the world; the cliffs could crumple down and collapse, she would not care as long as she did not let go of him.
    Then they hit the waves. The cold was a shock, and so was the water, but James immediately cast their upper bodies in a bubble of air before letting her go.

"That was close," he grinned."Are you okay? That last one must have tired you."

Indeed, Jana Kay was exhausted.

"Let's s... swim away before he starts throwing rocks at us," she whispered.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/23/2014, 4:12 am

"No, you just rest. I'll transport us"I smiled and stroked her hair before focusing on the waves, controlling them in order to move forward. The giant seemed stupid enough and couldnt reaalise where we had gone, just stood on the edge of the cliffs and stared down, eyes wide and sad for missing his lunch. Soon, we found a coast and I let go of the waves and bubble, carrying Jana and placing her carefully under a tree. I left her for a moment to go see the distance between us and the cliffs, and, as soon as I stepped further into the water, a fish bumped in my leg. Kneeling down to reach it, I found he carried Jana's weapon between his teeth."Thanks buddy"I smileed and patted the animals head before taking said weapon and returning to the girl.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 5:49 am

Jana Kay let James do, feeling gently rocked by the waves. It seemed they were underwater for an eternity before James suddenly made them break the surface and carried her under a nearby tree. Her clothes were soaked wet and clinging displeasingly to her, her fine blonde streaks were sticking to her face and shoulders and she felt emptied of energy. Her backpack was still there, and she didn't want to imagine what state the sandwiches were in.
    James came back a minute later, holding Jana's labrys.

"Where did--" she coughed out water. "Where did you find it?" A grateful smile spread on her lips.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/25/2014, 8:04 am

"Son of a water god and all has its perks"I shrugged with a smirk and handed it to her before kneeling next to her."How are you feeling? Can you walk?"I asked, thinking about going back to her home
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 12:37 pm

Jana Kay took the wet handle of the labrys in her hand; its weight was reassuring.

"Where is the monster?" she asked, turning her head. She couldn't see it anywhere, James must have carried them at least one or two kilometers away. Suddenly, she became aware of the tree behind her. Standing on up on shaky legs, she put a hand on the tree's trunk and closed her eyes.
    It felt as if her mind had dropped into the roots of the tree, which spread around the tree in much larger diameter than she would have thought. She could feel the bounce of a rabbit not that far away, she could feel the warm, fertile earth. No vibration indicated the pace of a giant snake humanoid.

"I feel nothing," she told James. "Our monster must be far away. Let's ... let's try to walk back," Jana said, and fell forwards.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/25/2014, 3:56 pm

I caught her just before she colided with the ground."Let's not. I'll cary you"I smiled reassuringly before picking her up. Macking sure she was as comfortable as she could be, I turned my back to the ocean and started heading back towards the road
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 4:42 pm

Jana Kay let him carry her, briefly passing an arm around his shoulders. He must be tired too, but he kept on carrying her... ignoring his own exhaustion for her.
    Suddenly, she felt guilty. All this time, he had been in love with her, and she had rebuked him and turned him down -- okay, she had been nice about it. But she had still turned him down. She felt so guilty. He was such an incredible boy, he was smart, cunning, fun, inventive and so kind! Why did she have to say no? Why did she have to... to delay it, why couldn't she just see what her feelings were?
    Being carried by him, she could feel a light throbbing, his heart pulse.

"James, you're tired," she breathed. "Put me down. We -- we can rest." But as soon she said it, she knew it was a mistake. First, he would probably not accept. Second, if they rested, the monster -- whatever it was -- would find them. A son of Triton might not have a particularly strong smell, but a daughter of Demeter did. Jana Kay realized for a horrible moment she might not get back home today.
    She caught her breath. She was about to do it. This is not the time to be a chicken. "James," she suddenly said. "If--" she couldn't bring herself to say 'if we die' so she completed her sentence with: "If something happens. There is one thing I want to do." She closed her eyes, kicked her own butt in her imagination, bent forward and kissed him. Unfortunately, having closed her eyes, she could not really aim, so her kiss landed on his jaw, then only did she re-open her eyes and kiss him on the mouth.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/26/2014, 6:11 am

"Jana, no. Let's just keep moving, alright?"I smiled and kept on walking, until I heard her talk again. Before I could say anything, I felt soft lips pressng against my jaw."What the-?"I tried to say but was interrupted when she kissed me. I froze, almost dropped her from the shock. Jana. Kissed. Me. Before I could react any further, I pulled away and started walking again, ignoring the light blush on my cheeks. She probably just did it because she thought we would die. Yes, that was probably it."Try to rest, Jana. We have a long way ahead of us"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2014, 8:08 am

Jana Kay felt a pang in her heart as he pulled away. What...? What was it? What did she do?

She wriggled out of his arms. "James! What is it?" she asked. "Don't ...? Don't you....?" she couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence. She was tired, exhausted almost to the point where she thought she might faint, if James rejected her now... She felt like crying, but swallowed several times hard, a technique that had always helped her hold her tears back.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/26/2014, 8:50 am

"I do. But you don't. Let's just go back to your home, you need to rest"I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before picking her up again. We both needed rest, even thought I'd never admit that. And frankly, I was not prepared to have that conversation at that time.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2014, 8:53 am

But Jana Kay was not at all of his opinion.

"What makes you think I don't?" she whispered. "I told you I.... When you were dating Autumn, remember?" She smiled at him. "I love you James Blues," she said, her legs shaky. "Don't pretend I don't." Black dots were dancing in front of her eyes and she was feeling nauseated. She grabbed his arm to steady herself but it didn't help much as she fell to her knees.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/26/2014, 9:10 am

I kneeled too in front of her and held her by the shoulders."Now it's not the timefor this, okay? You are tired. And I wanna get you back safe. Which won't happen if we stay here any longer"I explained and gave her a small smile."Okay?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/27/2014, 12:08 pm

Jana just nodded, too tired for anything else.

"I got ... some nectar in my back pack," she whispered. "Can you...."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/27/2014, 12:23 pm

"Not here, not now"I shook my head and held her close to me as I stood up, wrapping my arms around her bacck and knees to hold her up."Close your eyes, I'll find a car to take us back"I assured her and kissed her forehead beore starting to walk again, feeling more tired with each step I took but trying not to show it. I had to be strong; for Jana.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/29/2014, 5:43 am

Jana Kay nodded and closed her eyes, the world already a blur. She yearned for the fields that had healed and protected her, she yearned to sense the fragrance of her mother, and she was only dimly aware of James's arms under her knees and back, carrying her. It would be really stupid to die right now.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/29/2014, 8:31 am

By the time we reached the road, I was ready to fall. I found a bench at the bus station and sat down slowly so as not to startle Jana Kay. But I had no tickets and I didn't know what we would do so I had to wake her."Jana...."I shook her gently and smiled
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/4/2014, 6:24 am

The world was a blur of colors all mixing vaguely together. She felt something touching her, far away, and managed to open an eye. A tapestry of colors was hanging over her: yellow, blue, pinkish-brown. It cleared a bit to show the outline of James's face.

"What," she asked in a breath.

ooc: Sorry for the late post!!
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 5/4/2014, 6:57 am

"Hey, little one"I grinned and moved some strands of drying hair behind her ear."We are at the bus station. How will we get back though? Do you have any tickets or something?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 11:40 pm