A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Pretty much opposites

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Pretty much opposites Empty Pretty much opposites

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 7:28 am

The Climbing wall was among Sawyer's favorite things at Camp Half-Blood, along with the Forge, the basket ball court, and of course her own cabin. She felt nowhere more at home than in her room in the basement -- well, except the little flat she shared with her mother in Corpus-Christi. Those were both her homes.
    The muscular Brazilian was walking with some guys of her cabin towards the wall. She loved it for two reasons: a) she enjoyed climbing and b) there was lava. She was probably the only kid here who had never been afraid that a cartload of lava might be emptied on her head. She was fire-proof when she concentrated hard enough, but she was totally immune to lava, no doubt because of her powers.

She was dressed in a grey Brooklyn graphic T-Shirt, a pair of camouflage shorts and muddy sport shoes, all her clothes having oil or grease stains and burn marks. The ugly Latino had strapped her large modern axe to her back -- you never knew -- and stepped towards the climbing wall, who rumbled and shook. The brown skin of her trained, corded biceps was gleaming in the sunlight, and so did the deep scars, bruises, burns, blisters and edemas that covered her from head to toe. The large burn on the side of her face glistened as the sun shone on it and she passed her large hand through her lackluster, greasy hair, keeping them backwards messily with a U.S. army bandana. The pockets of her camouflage shorts were stuffed with waste metal, screws, gears, bolts and wires, so she sat on a rock and took some out, fiddling with them while they waited for the other cabin to arrive. In a minute, she had screwed together the automaton of a falcon who rested on her shoulder before spotting a little mouse at the edge of his vision, taking off at once and flying straight at it, his wings turning into sharply edged blades.

"Oh dammit," Sawyer grumbled in her hoarse voice and jogged after her automaton. She pulled one wire and the thing crumpled to pieces, which she picked up and stuffed back into her pockets. Why did her predator automatons always have to attack small animals, huh? It wasn't like they were real predators or what.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Pretty much opposites Empty Re: Pretty much opposites

Post by jake. 4/25/2014, 9:50 am

Pretty much opposites Tumblr_inline_mmirl7HS5x1qz4rgp
    -----

Logan stumbled into the area of the climbing wall, feeling pumped to climb a bit. He had gotten over his fear of the climbing wall ages ago, and now he really enjoyed it. He was wearing an american flag tanktop, some usual nike trainers that were black and neon green, some red shorts that went up to above his knees, and a blue snapback worn backwards. He scrambled towards the wall, as he spotted a girl, and winced at her sight. He didn't want to be mean, but...she was pretty much the ugliest person he had ever seen. There was a burn scarring her face and bruises and other things on her arms and legs. He narrowed his eyes to see what she was doing. She was building some sort of automaton falcon which chased a mouse. He raised his eyebrows, and walked over to the girl. Getting closer, he could make out more details. All of her clothes were muddy and Logan almost gasped, making out more burns and scratches.

"Hey." Logan said casually, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Nice automaton. Hephaestus kid?" He asked, grinning at her, though the thoughts of the burn still at the back of his mind. He looked around to see if others were standing with them. he wouldn't be caught dead with this girl, but she seemed quite intresting, after all. He was the typical jock, while she probably had the popularity scale of a slimy snail that just got bathed in blood. He shook his head thinking of a snail covered in blood, and managed a weak smile.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 10:13 am

"Hey. Hephaestus kid?"

Sawyer turned to around to see a perfectly popular guy: a self-assured grin, an American flag-printed tank top, shorts and stylish shoes. A snapback was put backwards on his messy blonde hair, though it was the type of 'messy' hair that was chaotic on purpose, because it made him look cool and laid-back -- not the type of 'messy' hair like Sawyer's which was messy because she didn't care about it and it always got dirty in seconds, no matter how many times she washed it. She had seen him a couple of times at Camp, and he was typically the type of boy she did not usually hang out with -- not that she hung out much with people anyway. He was a flirt, a popular guy who usually spent his time with the Apollo's or the Nike's.

"Yeah," she answered in her deep, almost masculine voice, catching his gaze on her burn. She looked down her crooked nose at him, she was a bit taller with her almost 1m90. Sawyer was used to people staring at her facial burn; at first it had really embarrassed her, but with the time, she had grown inhabited to the gawking and disgusted expressions. Even if it had hurt the first years, not to mention the picking on her, she had learned to just shrug it off, ignore it and get on with her life. "Pretty obvious, with the automaton. What 'bout you?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/25/2014, 10:32 am

-----

"Pretty obvious, with the automaton. What 'bout you?" The girl asked, and Logan smiled. "I'm Logan, Son Of Euphrosyne, goddess of merriment. And if I'm not completely mistaken...you're name is Sawyer?" He asked her, smiling slightly. He nodded towards the climbing wall. "Wanna' race?" He asked, knowing he was going to lose anyway. But this girl looked like she needed some cheering up. Which was basically his job. He smiled once more still having his hands in his pockets.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 10:52 am

It was funny, his smile made her feel somehow better. That feeling explained itself when he introduced himself as the son of the merriment and cheer goddess, Euphrosyne. He must be making everybody feel better just by being there, she guessed. A perfect little sunshine boy.

"Wanna race?" he asked, to what Sawyer shrugged.

"If ya feel like it, sure," she replied, her gaze on the wall. "Ready? 3 -- 2 -- 1 -- Go!"

Under the eyes of the rest of their cabin mates, Logan and Sawyer sprinted over to the wall. Sawyer was tall, muscular and heavy, but she was fast. In a couple of long strides, she arrived at the wall and started climbing it. Her hands and feet found holds almost naturally, and she heaved herself up meter after meter, the rough skin of her hands not damaged in the slightest by the rugged stone. She was a quarter up when the wall gave a shake, forcing her to hold on tighter to her grip before carrying on, the heat combined to the physical effort making sweat coat her forehead. Several moments later, a lower rumbling and sudden surge of scorching heat indicated lava was about to erupt, and she threw herself aside -- she may be lava proof, but her clothes certainly were not. She had had some embarrassing moments in her life but if that happened, it would easily rank among the top #3.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/25/2014, 11:00 am

-----

"If ya feel like it, sure," Sawyer replied, her gaze on the wall. "Ready? 3 -- 2 -- 1 -- Go!" She said, and both raced towards the wall. Logan began climbing, already a metre behind the girl, and he sped up a bit, slowly catching up with her at some parts, at others he fell behind, like when he heard the rumbling sound of lava. He had just been looking down, when BOOM, hot, thick red liquid came spilling down next to him, a small drop falling on his skin, scorching it. He ignored the pain, and drank some nectar to make it heal. The pain stopped, but the burn was still visible a bit, a small mark in the shape of a crescent moon, around 1 centimetre wide. He pulled himself upwards, crying out as the pain flared back. How must Sawyer felt as the fire bruned her face? He wondered, but carried on climbing. "Damn, she's fast..." Logan mumbled.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/25/2014, 4:35 pm

A pained shout echoed behind her and she turned her head to look at the boy; a lava droplet had hit him, but he was already rummaging around in his pocket, taking a vial of nectar and drinking a sip of it. The burn soon receded under her eyes, but she still called:

"You alright?"

OOC: Shoooort, sowwy.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/26/2014, 3:08 am

-----

"You alright?" Sawyer called from above him. "What? Oh, yeah, I'm...I'm uh...I'm fine, yeah. Thanks." Logan said giving her the thumbs up, but wincing as he did so. He gave her a flash of his Mister-Super-Cool-I'm-Totally-Manly smile, but in this case....Sawyer was probably the man here. He grinned a bit at that thought, and continued climbing. He reached the top way after Sawyer, but oh well. "Nice up here, huh?" He asked, smiling.

OOC: Iss' fineee~
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2014, 8:00 am

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm...I'm uh...I'm fine, yeah. Thanks."

He flashed her a luminous smile, the kind of smile that would make Aphrodite chicks go crazy and ask him for a moonlight walk, but Sawyer was immune to it. She had never really fallen in love, and she had to say, the Aphrodite's hadn't exactly done much to encourage her on that path. In contrary to all the other girls at Camp, no girl from cabin ten had ever come up to Sawyer in order to convince her to accept a make-over. She had heard so many puns from them that in the end, she really didn't care anymore. When she had been thirteen, she had caught a couple of chicks from the Aphrodite's and Apollo's giggling and gossiping, then talking about the girls at Camp, the conversation leading up to her and then one of the Aphrodite's, a coffee-skinned girl with wide green-blue-ochre eyes, had said in a mocking chuckle that her face was already so messed up by nature that there was nothing make-up could do. 'She could try esthetic surgery', she had added. 'But I think that too would hopeless. I'm not gonna mention her burn, but have you seen that horrific crook on her nose? And her eyes, so wide apart? Yuck!' Sawyer had suddenly come forward humming a song and smiling at them as if she hadn't heard anything; the look on their faces had been priceless.

The daughter of Hephaestus reached the top, and so did Logan a little later. She sat on the edge, her feet and muscled calves dangling in the air, and looked at the ground, ten or fifteen meters under her.

"Nice up here, huh?" Logan said.

"Hm? Oh. Yeah. Very pretty," Sawyer replied. She had the impression he wanted to do some small talk though it wasn't really her style. She wasn't popular enough to know how it worked. Her hand closed on a tiny stone, which she examined before throwing it down at the ground. Behind them, the next team had started climbing.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/26/2014, 8:14 am

-----

"Hm? Oh. Yeah. Very pretty," Sawyer said, and Logan smiled reasurringly at her, almost knowing that she wasn't nervous. He felt relaxed somehow, every girl he saw would try and flirt with him, atleast with Sawyer he could chill a bit. He remembered that one time the Aphrodite girl literally fell down the climbing wall for him...and then that time the Nike dude practically begged for a game of basketball with Logan. He was popular, after all. "So..whattya' do in you're free time? Obviously building and stuff, but apart from that?" he asked, still grinning at the girl with the half-burnt face. He was getting slightly use to seeing it, and he was getting better at not flinching when he saw her scars and everything.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/26/2014, 8:48 am

She looked up for a second before standing up and looking back down, the wind messing through her wild hair, and she briefly stuffed some rebellious strains back into her U.S. army bandana.

"Basketball," she grumbled. With her almost 1m90, and muscular frame, she was a very good basket ball player and was in the team of her school, in Corpus-Christi. "Volleyball sometimes. Work-out. Forging. And working on projects." She wiped some sweat from her brow; she had an edema on her index which hurt a bit as it got in contact with her eyebrows, and her dirty, broken nails scraped briefly against the skin of her forehead. "You?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/26/2014, 8:56 am

Pretty much opposites Tumblr_m36ghu53bc1r7ifqv
    -----

"Basketball," Sawyer said, then added: "Volleyball sometimes. Work-out. Forging. And working on projects." Logan nodded, and Sawyer added another question. "You?" Logan thought for a second before answering swiftly. "Oh, you know. I'm a usual basketball player, and I love video games. Then I actually quite like Arts and Crafts, and I sometimes help out at the camp store, or maybe help out at other cabins if they need more cleaning for the inspections, you know?" He said, smiling at Sawyer.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/27/2014, 9:52 am

"Oh, you know. I'm a usual basketball player, and I love video games. Then I actually quite like Arts and Crafts, and I sometimes help out at the camp store, or maybe help out at other cabins if they need more cleaning for the inspections, you know?"

The daughter of Hephaestus squinted at him, which only underlined how wide apart her eyes were. "Yeah, I think I saw you on the basket ball court once or twice," she said. "What video games do you play?" Sawyer asked, herself playing GTA V, Call of Duty, Skyrim, Dragon Age and such games.
    She wasn't much of an Arts and Crafts maniac. Sure, she could sculpt and forge beautiful things, but drawing, except if it was a machine, was not really for her.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/29/2014, 11:14 am

-----

"Oh, Call Of Duty and Halo are my favorite. Some racing games like need for speed are quite good, but depends." Logan said and shrugged, the wind blowing through his messy hair, almost making his backwards-turned snapback fly off into the depths of Camp. "But mostly I help others out or I play basketball." He said and smiled brightly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/29/2014, 12:42 pm

"Halo rules," Sawyer smirked, digging a dimple into her burn. "Call of is pretty nice too, 'specially Black Ops 2, though I rather tend to play Grand Theft Auto V nowadays."

She had a wall screen in her room and a self-made paddle, and she loved playing a good action game after a day at the forge.

"You help people out? Like, with wounds or what?" she asked; she wasn't exactly goof at helping people, not that anybody needed her help except when they needed to get things forged or mended. Oh yes, when it came to that, everybody was kind and sweet; but it stopped as soon they had gotten what they wanted, for the majority. But she had just sighed and shrugged it off. If they needed things, weapons, gadgets, she wouldn't be selfish and say no just because she didn't like them. All demigods had to stick together to survive.

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/1/2014, 3:37 am

-----

"Oh, no. Although sometimes i help out in the infirmary and things, maybe in other cabins. Hey, I'm a son of Euphrosyne, it's almost my job to spread cheer and be helpfull towards others." He said, smiling at Sawyer, then started climbing down the wall carefully, and landing on the ground a minute or so later.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/3/2014, 12:46 pm

"Guess humanity needs people like you," she said and started climbing down, her strong muscles flexing and working under her leathery skin, until she touched the ground.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/3/2014, 12:52 pm

-----

Logan smiled, and patted a bench beside him, gesturing slightly nervously for sawyer to sit. He was still a bit nervous around her, but he was positive and saw the good things in people. "So, where do you come from?" Logan asked, still smiling at her from the side, whilst sliding his snapback into a forwards position, as the sun was shining brightly right now, and he was sweating a bit.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/3/2014, 12:58 pm

"São Luìs, Brazil," she replied, surprised he invited her to sit.
    She took a seat heavily next to him and wiped the sweat from her face with a callous hand. "But I live in Corpus-Christ now, Texas." Sawyer turned her head to look at him. "What 'bout you?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/4/2014, 5:40 am

-----

Logan smiled. "I'm from britain, but I'm quarter italian. It's weird, really." Logan wiped his sweaty hands on his shorts, and tied up his shoe laces on his black and neon green nike sneakers. He smiled once more and looked at Sawyer. "What happened?" Logan asked, studying Sawyers face. He was asking about the burn. Maybe it was personal, and he understood that, but he was intrested in this girl. His friends would tease him later on about this, but he didn't really care.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/4/2014, 5:50 am

"Italian, huh? Figures." The boy must really have all the girls queueing up for him. She didn't know much in the matters of love but she knew clichés. A British gentleman doubled by a good-looking, *hot* Italian, now that was a combo many girls dreamt about.

Then he asked about her burn. Immediately, Sawyer felt uneasy inside; it wasn't something she exactly talked about. And even if she felt good in Logan's presence, she didn't feel like telling him.

"Oh, that? Tis nothing. I did something stupid when I was a kid. Not really interesting."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/4/2014, 8:09 am

-----

Logan nodded a bit. "Yeah, okay. Sure. That's cool." He said and smiled politely. He shrugged and then continued tying his shoes, maybe brushing off some dirt on his american flag tank top.

OOC: I know this is short. But Move into the chatbox, pwease! :DD
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2014, 4:23 pm

'That's cool'? Sawyer wouldn't have thought anybody would say a burn was cool before understanding he meant 'that's cool' in the sense of 'I won't bother you with this'. Immediately it made her feel better.

"Thank ya," she grumbled, fiddling with gears and wires. "I haven't seen you round a lot, when did you arrive?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/18/2014, 3:35 am

Pretty much opposites Tumblr_mesbyqdwl61rb06q9o3_250
    -----

"Oh, maybe around a year? I can't quite remember, actually."
    Logan said and shrugged. "What about you?" Logan asked and shrugged, not even knowing why. His blue eyes sparkled, and he smiled at her. He fumbled with his snapback, and smiled once more. Now was the perfect time to use his powers-To plant some happy thoughts into her head. And he concentrated, planting thngs like 'You're really cool' and 'You're intresting' into her head. He felt a bit dizzy, but it went away shortly after. He smiled at her, acting like nothing happened. After all, it would take some time fore her to figure out that he was the one saying those things into her mind.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/18/2014, 8:24 am

Sawyer could see why Logan was popular, he was all smiles and cheer. He didn't even comment on Sawyer's rather strong scent of pine tree, cedar and motor oil.

"I came here when I was eight or nine," she replied, "don't really remember."

She checked the beaded necklace around her strong neck and counted: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine.

"Yep, I've been here for nine summers," she said with a sudden smile, feeling more relaxed inside. She felt...happy? At ease?
    It was as if something was whispering inside her head "you're interesting" or "you're really cool"; it made her feel comfortable and confident, and when she looked at Logan, she gave him a frank smile. Her teeth were the only things, as well as her bone structure, that were rather regular and nice in her physical appearance. They were quite white, underlined by the brassy color of her chapped lips.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 10:26 pm