A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+7
The Cheshire Cat
jake.
beanie
DeadlyLynx
Belle
Leo
Morgan Landry
11 posters

Winter Wonderland dance!!

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Winter Wonderland dance!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Wonderland dance!!

Post by Morgan Landry 1/1/2015, 5:50 pm

"Ah man, that's not the way to go. How're you supposed to have fun with people if you don't tease them a bit, yaw?" She finished her crackers, then took the whole bowl and went to sit next to him, watching the dancing guys for a bit. Well most of them were more graceful than the people at her school's party. "So. Humour me. How rude can you get?" The wiry Amerindian girl asked with a wild grin, her white-sprayed hair looking like fresh snow against her dark skin.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male
    Number of posts : 196
    Registration date : 2014-12-15

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/1/2015, 6:09 pm

Justin swept his fringe across his forehead, a challenge.
    "Well then, I might need some crackers if you don't eat them all, and your hair looks like - uh, looks like-" Justin stammered, he was never good with words due to his lack of education.
    "Well, that's about all I got"
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 1/1/2015, 7:26 pm

Red dusted his cheeks as Cleo came closer, her hands on his shoulders. Their bodies were practically pressed together and that made Hani a little....shy? His feet slipped a little in the icy floor and anyone could tell that he was nervous through his eyes. Somehow his hands found their way to her hips, bringing the two of them even closer. Now the color in his cheeks were a little more noticeable through his tan skin but he didn't care. He was dancing with a beautiful girl.
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 1/2/2015, 3:39 am

Cal's heart was beating a bit and she could feel a little bit of butterflies floating around in her tummy. Her heart ached a little being with Leo. Ached in a good way. In the way that she loved him and no one else. He meant so much to her, he truly was, the one who kept her grounded a lot of the time. Cal blushed a little at her own thoughts, but soon he kissed her again and mentioned the whole cute and awkward thing. She giggled a bit and shook her head lightly. "We should go dance." She said softly to him looking at him in the eyes. "it is a dance after all."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post by jake. 1/2/2015, 3:53 am

ooc: COLExLAKISHA TIME AMIRITE LADIES

Winter Wonderland dance!! - Page 2 Tumblr_m3cutt14Gy1qjji23
    cole - legacy of pluto - eighteen

cole walked casually into the dance, hands in his pockets. the first thought that hit him was cold. it was so darn chilly up in here that his breath came out hitched and frosty, curling up at the ceiling. he was dressed up as... well... what was he dressed up as? he was wearing a grey and red christmas sweater, some black khaki pants, and a pair of casual black high tops. his hair was all gelled up and fancy (he was going for an elvis look today) and his teeth were as shiny as usual. there weren't many people here yet, but a few pretty girls were walking across the dance floor, with partners. cole had been at camp half blood for about two weeks now, he had slept in the hermes cabin with some other people. he caught his mates flirting at the ice-encrusted bar... then he spotted her. he scowled at lakisha, then rubbed the look off of his face, and went over the the refreshments. he picked up an oreo, and bit into it, lakisha still in his peripheral vision. he had to contain his giddyness. not only did she look great, but finally he got to see her again! cole thought she would make a good friend. maybe. probably not. maybe. anyways, cole had been thinking about how to become her friend. he whistled as he filled up his glass with fruite punch, the red plastic cup heavy with the weight. he then slowly, veeeeery carefully made his way over to her. he smiled at her, raising his eyebrows in a friendly manner. "uh, hi!" he mumbled with a goofy grin on his face. "i see you're checking that everything's going in the right direction once more?" he said, another goofy smile on his face, eyes sparkling.

ooc: scREECHES THE GIF LOOKS LIKE HE WAS FILLING UP A GLASS OF PUNCH AND HE WAS ALL HAPPY AND THEN HE SEES LAKISHA AND GOES 'oh...' aasdfghjklajskjka

Last edited by harry styles. on 1/4/2015, 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/2/2015, 6:35 am

"Pfff. Lame. I thought Aphrodite kids had some bite, I mean, most of you go around gossiping like Mean Girls." She put the crackers on the ice table and gave him another grin. "Why aren't you on the dance floor though? Aphrodite kids are the life of the party."

Cleopatra noticed his blushing and smiled in her thoughts. Theeere we go. The dancing crowd was pushing them together as they swayed together in the rhythm of the beat, the bass making her blood race. Giving him her signature slow smile, she danced against him before twirling around on her high heels so she danced with her back to his chest, passing a light hand behind her around his neck, her head next to his so he wouldn't be annoyed by the feathers in her hairdo.

Lakisha turned around to see Cole, the Roman grandson of Pluto. He had a goofy smile on his face, Lakisha wondered how many drinks he already had had to achieve that. She hadn't seen him ever since New Rome, where he had given her a small tour of the city to show her the best parts: the Forum, the Seven Hills area, the gardens of Bacchus, the gardens of Diana and the Circus Maximus. She had a glowing memory of the architecture and the colors she had found breathtaking despite being more of a winter person. She extended her hand, her arm clad from wrist to forearm in a black lace glove to match her black leggings. "Just like last time," the Swedish girl said, referring to the Halloween dance. She knew Cole had been there for the past weeks but at that time, she had been in Stockholm with her father and grandfather so she hadn't seen much of him. Even through Skype and texts, she had barely sent him any messages. "How have you been?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/2/2015, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/2/2015, 7:22 am

Dancing? No, Justin didn't dance. It was one of the few things he was bad at, one of the others being comebacks. He watched all the others on the dance floor and most of them were very good. "Me? Dancing? You must be joking. You never want to see me dance or it would probably scare you away." Justin tried to remember the last time he had danced, it was with some girl and he had embarrassed her with his stupid dancing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/2/2015, 7:34 am

"Y'know," Lee popped a cracker into her mouth, "dancing isn't about doing some fancypants moves on the floor. That's what competitions are for. Here, dancing is more like, moving to the beat and letting yourself go. To be honest I prefer going total rave rather than sticking to a person like your siblings do. Gosh they look like slugs."
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/2/2015, 7:48 am

"Slugs? Wow, I hope we aren't all like that. I would definitely feel offended if you called me a slug." Justin laughed, now that Lee pointed it out, it did look like they were slugs. Justin stood up, and made his way towards the dancers. "Please don't laugh."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/2/2015, 8:36 am

"I'm already laughing," she told him, taking a gulp of her Coke. It tickled her throat; she gave Justin a smirk and sat in her seat like a talent show jury, mimicking holding a pen and notebook. Then she simply stood up and followed him. "Come on Justin, let it go. Let it goooo, let it goooo! Can't hold it back anymoooore!"
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/2/2015, 8:51 am

"Really, Frozen?" Justin smirked and began laughing. Lee was weird, a funny kind of weird, and strange, very strange. "Stop laughing." Justin said to Lee before bursting out into laughter himself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/2/2015, 9:12 am

"You said something against Frozen? You did not, man," she said, waving her crooked stick in a playfully menacing way. She loved Disney and DreamWorks, especially Frozen, Tangled, Rise of the Guardians, How to Train Your Dragon, and more recently, Big Hero 6. She wasn't the type of person to sing the songs during the breaks at school, but she loved streaming the movies with her roommates in the dorm.
    When Justin laughed, Lee couldn't help but laugh with him. "Come on, pretty boy, rock it out. I wanna see some twerking," she chuckled. It was a joke, by the way. If she wanted to see some twerking, she'd stay at her school. Or quicker yet, she'd go on YouTube.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/2/2015, 9:34 am

Justin laughed again. "I have nothing against Frozen but it's just not my kind of film. I'm more into films like other Disney films that don't include - ummm - well, ice? Maybe? Oh, I love the Lion King." Justin didn't really watch movies but he LOVED Pixar, Toy Story was amazing, so was the Lion King. Justin started to dance, just some small movements so he didn't look awkward. But he probably thought the dancing was embarrassing him even more than not dancing.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/2/2015, 12:47 pm

I walked onto the dance room and was sort of taken back by how much the other campers did to make the Winter Formal type dance look good. It didn't even look good, it looked beautiful! I walked in, alone, and my black and red heels made a soft sound against the floor. Since it was a winter formal i decided on a long white dress with a black lace pattern that stopped at my hips and i wore a diamond snowflake necklace my mother had gotten me for Christmas a few years ago. The sterling silver was cool on my skin but it was nice to have that reminder of my mom with me. My moths were flying around in the rafters above to try and find any of my friends so i didn't feel so alone and awkward. I walked over to a wall and leaned against it by myself, playing with one of the moths who had taken a strong liking to flying and landing on my hands.Im glad i have someone to be with at least. i smiled as I gave the moth's little back a pet, liking how soft they all were.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 1/2/2015, 4:56 pm

The winter formal. It struck Evander as painfully ironic that there was a winter formal in a magical area of land which could control the weather to be spring all the time. Obviously, Mr. D had relaxed those protections to allow for the snow and such for the feel of the dance. That made Evander a little chilly, but he tried not to show it.

He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a black T-shirt with a leather coat over it, and some rough worn tan boots. It was all he had managed to buy and scrounge since he had come to Camp Half-Blood aside from the standard uniform. His original clothes were now too small, thanks to growth spurts. At least he wasn't wearing an orange shirt to this, right?

He headed over to the refreshment table, where several people were standing and looked over the food. Crackers. Some fruit. Crackers. He sighed and grabbed a cup for punch. He glanced over at his brother Zen, and Rico the dog. "Hey, Zen, I hate to tell you this, but I'm not sure Rico will be good at dancing. He has two left feet."
    Leo
    Leo

Male
    Number of posts : 498
    Registration date : 2013-02-24

Post by Leo 1/3/2015, 1:34 am

"Who's the Supersized McShizzle Now?"

Leo grinned. "Well, yeah you're right!" He released her from the hug and held her soft delicate hand. "We've got a problem though," Leo mumbled. Leo had this nervous feeling building up from inside his body. He began to tap his finger on her hand, Stop! he thought. Leo never had an experience on prom dances. If you ever wanted to see a dork on the dance floor, come and see the dance instructor Leo!

"You'd better teach me how," Leo laughed and squeezed her hands, oops not too much.

Last edited by Leo on 1/3/2015, 7:38 am; edited 3 times in total
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male
    Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2014-12-24

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 2:00 am

Alexander ran through the path leading to the hall. He's already late, like late late, 30 minutes and 23 seconds to be exact. He wore something formal for a change, a black suit with a red tie, grey khaki pants, and fancy shiny leather shoes. He took a halt from running as he reached the dance, Alexander's eyes widened, they're already dancing. Alexander sighed, "My gods am I late" He whispered to himself. His shoulders slumped and his head tilted, he remembered that he has no one to dance with. Alexander proceeds on walking through the sides, leading himself to the buffet. At least there was food, and they were also a bit better than the normal meal. He took some barbecue from the tall pile of it and pierced some ham with a fork. Alexander sat on a chair nearby the buffet table, you know, for easy access. He looked around the hall, almost everyone has a partner, well, except for him. Alexander doesn't really know much of the girls around camp, but who knows, maybe it's his lucky night. "Come get some Alexander." He whispered as he adjusted his seat.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/3/2015, 1:51 pm

"Other Disney movies involving ice..," Lee scratched her head. "Um, Narnia?"

Of course, Lion King was bae. She loved it, everyone she met loved it. It was kinda a legend. She realized they were still on the dance floor and she wasn't dancing, which kind of defeated the purpose of the whole thing so she started doing the chicken dance. "So what movies are you into?" She casually asked, as if she wasn't doing anything embarrassing. "Avengers? Hunger games? Maze Runner?"

"Well wasn't that funny as hell," Chiara mocked as she heard Evander's pun.
    She had spotted him and Zen near the bar-buffet and had walked towards her half-brothers to get something to drink. She regretted Namir wasn't here though -- bullying others without her sister was less fun. The taller, bulky blonde had gone back to her family for Christmas, leaving Chiara at Camp for two weeks. Of course, she had her friends -- Douglas, Dylan, Caleb, Alex -- so she could still have fun picking on people and spraying graffiti on buildings.
    For the dance tonight, she had come as a viking. Of course, she didn't own such a getup but she had helped herself in the skene of the Amphitheater, where all the costumes were stored at. After a bit of fumbling around, she had found loose blue sleeveless dress, a bit tattered and going to mid-thigh, which she had pulled over a slightly longer deep red skirt with a spiked hem. Both were held at her hips by a set of leather belts with large buckles, some of them metal-studded. A brown fur capelet was attached at her shoulders by skull-shaped pins, matching the fur wrapped around her combat boots and the fur around her arms, over which she had fastened her black greaves, her muscled legs clad in black leggings. She had had fun drawing black Celtic tattoos on her freckled shoulders with black henna to complete the outfit, her knives at her belts along with a throwing ax from the armory. She liked that ax. Might keep it for a bit longer.
    The daughter of Ares wasn't particularly here to dance, more to have fun with her friends and drink some alcohol. Right now though, they hadn't arrived yet (or if they had, she hadn't spotted them) so she asked the bar guy for a mojito -- the Dionysus guys here did the best.

Falko walked into the party area with Lindsey, holding her hand. The two girls had prepared separately for the party and when Falko had gone to pick up Lindsey at the Nemesis cabin, she had had to stop herself from not staring too long at her girlfriend. Lindsey was impressive. More than that, regal. Falko sometimes still had trouble believing she was actually dating her.
    The Asian daughter of Deimos was dressed in a tight blue silk dress with matching pumps, her hair sweeping in curls over her shoulders, a white silk rose pinning a dark streak behind her ear. Her make-up was done in cool colors too: blue eyeliner, mascara, only her deep red lipstick added a touch of warmth. A silver necklace glittered on her neck, matching her bracelets.
    She spotted her brother Alex and waved at him with a smile before turning to Lindsey. "Do you want something to drink?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/6/2015, 7:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/3/2015, 2:40 pm

Most of her fellow Demigods went all out for the dance, some turning up in fancy dress others coming in suits or dresses. Lindsey chose a rather spartan appearance, though some may have thought it regal. She didn't wear a dress, Lindsey never wore dresses ever. Instead she wore something like a military dress uniform, black boots polished till they shone, ironed, crease-less black trousers with a strip of red fabric running up the side of the legs, black leather belt with her sword hanging from it. Lindsey never went any where unarmed, even at camp.
    She wore a white, silk shirt and over that an old looking military jacket with a Greek helmet patch sown onto the shoulders where the national flags could commonly be found.

Style and fashion were pretty much lost concepts on her, though Falko... Lindsey believed words would fail to describe how perfect she looked, she was beautiful in every since of the word. Almost beautiful enough to challenge the gods themselves.
    Lindsey did not like the crowded environment, it restricted her vision too much, unknown dangers could sneak up on her as well as the other Demigods.
    The camp barrier kept everyone safe, yet it could always fail or monsters might be able to find their way in through less well known, less guarded means.
    Lindsey had been keeping a vigilant watch, her right hand resting on her sword's pommel, an indication that she was quite nervous, crowds always made the Daughter of Nemesis more wary. At first, she'd been oblivious to the fact that Falko had spoken to her. Lindsey completely missed what she asked her.

"I'm sorry... What did you say Falko?" Lindsey replied, realising that A Falko would want an answer and B she could not talk her way out of it. Lindsey was here because Falko asked her to come with her and that's what you did when you had a girlfriend, you went and did things that she liked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/3/2015, 3:46 pm

"Sorry, do you want something to drink?" She asked a bit louder to cover the loud music.

Everything here was made of ice, the bar, the buffet, the tables, even some glasses. Eerie white snow tumbled from the dark sky above though never reached the foggy ground; probably a magic trick of the Khione's. Falko caught some in the palm of her hand, where they evaporated in a matter of seconds.
    Despite the snow and the ice, it was warm and cozy in the party area. Snowy fir trees stood around, hiding some tables to give couples kissing privacy, there was also a frozen stream where a couple of kids tried to skate, others having romantic walks with lanterns. Falko thought about how grand it would be to have such a walk with Lindsey. Just the two of them, her heart pumped quicker as she pictured that.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/3/2015, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/3/2015, 4:04 pm

"No I'll be fine thank you." Came the reply, equally as loud as her eyes flicked around, scanning the environment. "What would you like to do?" Lindsey inquired with a smile, after all it had been Falko's idea to come here. Lindsey would have much preferred to stay inside with a book or the other Nemesis kids. She doubted that many of her brothers or sisters would actually decide to come here.
    Social events and Nemesis children some how failed to mix well, at least in Lindsey's opinion. She was much more at home on the training grounds or a battle ground.

Lindsey silently willed Falko to say that she might enjoy a long walk, at least there they would be alone, separate from the crowds of annoying Demigods. Some of who she feared might all too easily be drunk in a few minutes. Alcohol, a nightmarish poison that dulled the mind and left one open to assault, it robbed a great warrior of his or her skills, leaving them as vulnerable as a new born. She would never touch the stuff out of absurd concern that it might yet be poisoned or otherwise tainted in such a way to debilitate her.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 1/3/2015, 4:06 pm

More people started pressing them together and the blush on Hani's face started to become part of his skin tone. He was basically following Cleo as she twirled, his feet moving as if they were synchronized with hers. His mind managed to register that Cleo was leaning up against him, her back against his chest. It made him a little flustered but a smile danced its way onto his face.

"You're quite the dancer." He whispered into Cleo's ear with a smile.

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 1/3/2015, 4:31 pm

Evander gave Chiara a hard look, a scowl coming to his brutish face immediately. "Shut it, Chiara." He said quickly as he looked her up and down. The outfit was definitely a hodgepodge going for Viking, but in Evander's mind it missed the mark entirely

"Chiara, you might want to consider a little less dead animal and a little more taste when getting dressed. Someone from Aphrodite may have a seizure."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/3/2015, 4:52 pm

"Look at all the fcks I don't give," she replied, taking a gulp of her mojito.

Sparkly and fresh, she could make out the notes of rhum and lime on the tip of her tongue. With the mint leaves, it was delicious. Looking around, she spotted Alex, the son of Deimos -- with Caleb, the three loved doing graffitis and generally be trouble. She gave him a brief wave, toying with the blade of a throwing knife.
    The comment about her clothing hadn't struck her; to her, the Aphrodite's were the dirt under her shoes, she just didn't care about them. And thinking she had had to haul one around on a Quest... Luckily, Weiss and Alex had been there too -- Alex, the son of Lelantos. Not the Deimos guy. Even though she didn't exactly like Alex, more so because of his pissbaby reaction when she had told him to carry a scuba and he had went into some kind of rage mode, he was still rather cool. And running around in an old Mayan pyramid filled with traps like smashing walls and spiked floors kind of formed bonds.

Let's look around for a bit," Falko suggested. "This formal looks beautiful, have you seen the ice statues?"

Only the Khione's could've done such masterpieces. The statues represented nymphs and satyrs, and one -- she didn't know who -- had made a statue of Anna of Arendelle in the pose she struck when she froze to death. It was really beautiful.
    Holly, pine and poinsettias could be found as decorations too, it was pretty and cozy in Falko's opinion.

The dance, the proximity was getting to Cleopatra's head. This was what she lived for, the dances, the parties, the romances. Hani and her were pretty much pushed together by the dancing crowd, she could hear his voice in the shell of her ear, feel his breath on her neck. It was headier than red wine.
    Then, just in the middle of it, she slipped away. Sliding between people and couples, she finally came out of the dance floor crowd, stalking towards the bar. She was thirsty, having finished her drink ages ago -- she had no idea where the glass was. Probably shattered on the ground somewhere.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/3/2015, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 5:44 pm

Lee started doing the Chicken Dance. Yes, you heard me right, the Chicken Dance. Justin had the biggest smirk on his face, trying not to laugh his head off.
    "I like movies about this thing called Greek mythology, I don't know if you've heard of it before."
    Justin hoped it had came out as sarcasm instead of him just sounding stupid. If it sounded as if he were stupid, that would just be - well, stupid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 9:26 pm