A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A hell of a shooter

Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1136
    Registration date : 2013-02-19

A hell of a shooter Empty A hell of a shooter

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 4:39 am

I walked into the range after my recovery in my cabin. I was pretty tired from the intense healing I'd done earlier. I just wanted to shoot some arrows, and score some bullseyes. I picked up a bow and a quiver of arrows, pulling one arrow out. I loaded the bow, fired, and scored a bullseye. I was not particularly surprised, but I was pleased that I was shooting straight even after recovering and being groggy as all Hades.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

A hell of a shooter Empty Re: A hell of a shooter

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 4:59 am

Emily, a Hunter of Artemis stalked proudly into the range, or as proudly as she could with the slight limp in her right leg, the remnants of an old wound sustained several years before she became a Hunter. After she joined the ranks of the Hunter, Emily's beauty seemed to by some means increase, probably because such a beauty was now forbidden and thus desired all the more. She rolled her night black eyes seeing a boy at the range, some guys did not know to leave the Hunters alone. Usually, Emily need not be worried by the boys, her older sisters would normally defend against their advances.
    She unslung her silver bow and notching an arrow launched it down range, scoring a perfect bullseye on one of the farther targets.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 5:05 am

I saw a girl and said to her, "Hi. I'm Jay, son of...Apollo...Excuse me, I'm...dead tired from my work...as a medic." I then started quoting Halo Nightfall out of sheer exhaustion, "On that rock, with the devil on our heels, we were gods. Gods of the damned..." I then fell to a knee. What was I thinking, coming out here like this?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 5:08 am

She sighed, slinging her bow back over her shoulder, if this boy was faking being injured she would break his legs. Emily was a nice girl, however she believed that guys required her to be wary around them. Especially as they might pretend to pass out just to get a kiss as a result of mouth to mouth. She walked slowly over to him, her gaze both concerned and disapproving, like that on an older sister. If one could have an older sister who was five foot five and appeared to be fourteen.
    "You should rest boy... You are not strong, not fit, rest or you will cause yourself harm."
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 5:17 am

I said, "I know, damn it, I...know. I just...thought I was fit to practice. It's just...my work as a medic is taxing. My powers of healing...can be inefficient, let's leave it at that. I...saved someone from bleeding out today...I was out cold for three hours. You're seeing the rest of the aftermath now." I managed to get up, sling an arrow, and fire for another clean bullseye. I said, "Heh, still can shoot while I'm dead tired. Don't mean to brag about it...but, I think I can fire a bow well enough..." I managed to stand, some of the grogginess passing. I was standing, and managed to find some water. I felt at least fit to practice and asked, "Who're you?" I asked as politely as I could, because I got the feeling I didn't want to see her angry.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 5:28 am

She watched him unapprovingly, it was nice that he saved a life however it happened to be foolish to strain one's self after such a taxing action. Emily sighed. "I'm Emily my friends and sisters call me Em I am a Hunter of Artemis." She introduced herself, hoping that if he had any thoughts about her the fact that she was a Hunter would crush them there and then. She unslung her bow once more, firing an arrow and scoring another bullseye.
    "So can I and I am not tired you really should rest boy or you will not be able to heal others." Em said boy like it was a bad thing.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 5:36 am

I said, "Disorientation's passing right now. Give me a moment." I shook my head some, and I was good to go. I said, "There we go. So your name's Emily, and you're a hunter of Artemis. Okay, that explains why you have this suspicious air about you. I promise, I'm not at all interested in you. There's a different girl...but that's a story for another time. Just to clear things up. Nice shot, by the way. Ever used a crossbow? I use one all the time. I find it easier to simply pull a trigger, and watch a bolt fly." I pulled out my crossbow and demonstrated, scoring a bullseye once more.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 5:39 am

"I don't believe you guys will say whatever to try and get close to us and I cannot afford to lose my place in the hunt." She replied, dismissing his claims of having eyes for another girl. As for using a crossbow, in the years before she became a Hunter, Emily was a cripple so it greatly restricted her choice of weapon. So she used the crossbow often.
    "Yeah I used it many times before coming a Hunter, now I use bow and knife."
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 5:48 am

I said, "I'm dead serious, there's another girl I like, her name's Jea. She and I have gone on a damn date, I'm not even kidding. We went to dinner at a nice place, and came back to the beach, where I showed her my proficiency in guitar. Your suspicion also doesn't fall upon blind eyes, by the way, and would turn me away even if I were interested, because I can tell the Hunt matters to you. I have this thing called respect, you know, that my mother taught me well, and that my best friend Jack reinforced. Just saying. I'm just looking for friends nowadays." I shot again with the crossbow, and shattered the last bolt through the middle. I made a fist pump at this and said, "Nice."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 5:54 am

She narrowed her eyes at him, not taking too kindly to his tone. "I cannot trust you nor anyone of your gender you've led sisters astray before I do not want that to happen to me." Of course, Em had not seen anyone been led astray by their heart and a boy since she became a Hunter, however there was always a risk.
    "Your friend Jea? She can become a Hunter if she wishes." She informed him, the Hunters were always recruiting, but only if you were a female and if certain things had not taken place.
    It was an elite club in a way, but it was here Emily had a life as before she just survived. "The Hunters are my life... Without them I would still be limping with crutches unable to run, swim, climb, jump or fire a bow."
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 6:01 am

I said in a genuine tone of voice, "I understand that the Hunters gave you a life to live. I don't want to take that away from you." I decided to change the subject. I asked, "Have you ever heard of a video game called Halo?" I had just recently gotten back into it along with Jack, with the Halo 5 beta having come out on December 29. I doubted she knew it, but I wanted to move the conversation elsewhere.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 6:05 am

"I stopped playing halo after I made the awful mistake of playing Halo 4 god that was a terrible game, utterly boring." That game had come out shortly before she became a Hunter, the choice that in her opinion made her life one worth living. Sure she could never have a boyfriend but with her sisters, each day was an adventure, she could live forever and never fear about death from old age.
    It was worth the sacrifice.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 6:16 am

I said, "Oh come on, Halo 4 wasn't terrible. At least, the campaign wasn't. But multiplayer sucked, and Spartan Ops was marred by Brian Reed's terrible writing. It.s a shame Reed took over as lead writer. I'm worried about Halo 5 now, story-wise. But the Halo 5 multiplayer beta came out on December 29. It's a lot better than 4 was, I can tell you that. This time, they kept to Halo 2 and 3's roots with equal starts and map control, while adding in thruster packs to dodge, a cool ground pound move, clambering, sliding, and shoulder charging. They also tried to balance sprint. You know how in Halo 4, people could run away with no consequences? Well, now sprint has a one second ramp up before you really get going, so if you get shot in the meantime you're knocked out of sprint. If you do ramp up sprint, it then stops your shields and health from recharging. It creates these nice moments of coordination and cutting the runner off. It's very team focused in general, and way more exciting than Halo 4. It's more on par with Halo CE, 2, and 3."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 6:31 am

"You can't be serious boy? The story was woeful worst game I have ever played! Spartan ops was the only decent thing about the game I am so glad I didn't spend my money on it otherwise I would have demanded a full refund." She disliked the game immensely, she had no issues with the other halos, great story, great mulitplayer, just a great game all round. But this... By the Gods Halo 4 deserved the title of the worst game she had ever played.
    "I cannot believe you actually liked that awful story. I haven't bought anything Halo since and won't by Halo 5 because it will be as bad as Halo 4 if not worse."
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 2:57 pm

I said, "The campaign had the Didact, who is a great villain. The Master Chief became more like he is in the books, and had to struggle through emotional problems, like Cortana's rampancy. I loved it. But those are my thoughts, yours are obviously different. I wasn't a huge fan of Spartan Ops, honestly. The writing in Spartan Ops was cheesy at best, and nowhere near the emotional depth the campaign had. But hey, your opinion." I said, "Play the Halo 5 beta though. I promise that the multiplayer is far better than the abomination that is Halo 4's multiplayer. If you don't like that, there is still the Master Chief Collection."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 4:14 pm

"I'm not playing anything created by 343 and I do not have the time." She said this as she launched an arrow down range, punching into the bullseye with a thud. "The world is much better and more important than a poorly written sci fi game." She hoped that the conversation there was final.
    "I do apologise if I come off a bit... Grim or harsh from being a Hunter it's just that I want to be one, I... And I want to fit in with my sisters." Emily tried to explain and hoped that he had not been offended.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 4:22 pm

I said, "No, no, I get it. You aren't interested anymore, not even in the exact same games you liked with simple graphics upgrades that make them look astounding. I get it. Far more important things to do now. I simply still play because I never leave camp. You do. In a way, I envy you. I may not be a spectacular fighter, but I'm decent, and I am a certified lifesaver, as I told you. I wish I could go and face the monsters that killed my mother to try to break me. My mother was amazing at what she did, and she didn't deserve to die. I want my revenge, one day. I'm far from stupid about it, but..." I just trailed off, lost in thought about my greatest aspiration.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 4:31 pm

"Artemis gave me my freedom, she gave me a life one before I was nothing more than a cripple, pitted, bullied and really not much of a hero." She replied, remembering bitterly how the she was treated by mortals (who she detested) and even some of the demigods here. "Train hard, fight well and gather your allies then you might be able to fight." She encouraged.

OOC: sorry it's short
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 4:40 pm

I said, "Well, I have one guarantee, and that is my friend Jack. He has been my best friend since kindergarten, and he's tried to fill the void in my life. It's worked, to an extent. I can always count on him to have my back. He is wise, knows how to analyze people through and through, and can fight as a combatant and on an emotional level. One time, someone tried to bully him, but he shut the bully down by calling out all her insecurities, every last one, then promising that he knew her for who she was, and she best leave him alone. It worked! Jack is a good guy to have around. I'm sure he and I can get some people to follow us into battle. He is a good leader, whose heart will always lie with the people under his command, rather than with his own personal gain." I had great admiration for Jack.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 5:06 pm

"I'd prefer to kill my bullies but that would make me as bad as they are but I will never stop hating them." His friend Jack seemed like an okay person, for a boy that was. Emily had to be careful less she found her heart troubled by her love for Artemis who gave her life, freedom, duty and purpose and a boy who she loved. Em could never allow the latter to occur, she needed to be a Hunter as well as more importantly, wanted to be a Hunter.
    She could never abandon the hunt, it would mean abandoning her duty, her honour, her pride after all there was no way of knowing if her wound would not return and she would be forced to be a cripple again, unable to fight, climb trees or run.
    Artemis gave her something much more important when she accepted her as a Hunter, she gave Emily hope, a gift she so desperately had needed.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/7/2015, 5:13 pm

I said, "All you need is Jack. He can scare them off with just his intellect! He's the master of reading people, I tell you! But he has his flaws. If someone makes an enemy of him, he can be overly ruthless against them, and he can tear apart their will. If you make an enemy of him, he has a real dark side. It's a rare thing now, but it happened more in first grade. A girl kept ratting him out for stupid stuff, so then he told her she was just desperate for attention and had to stop if she wanted to be considered at all good in life. There's merit to the words, but you can imagine how that tore her up in first grade. She was miserable for at least six months! That kind of ruthless."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/8/2015, 4:04 am

"I'll pass on the Jack front he seems okay." Which coming from a Hunter is probably a big compliment considering how normally they wouldn't say anything good about a boy. "I'll deal with it my own way just like how I dealt with an old wound." Would Emily ever really get vengeance on the people who wrong her long ago? Probably not, the best possible revenge that she could ever hope to achieve would be massive success.
    Yet even so part of her did long to see the people who used to pick on her get the seven shades beat out of them, that would be most amusing.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/8/2015, 4:19 am

I said, "Well damn, a compliment for a guy from a Hunter? The odds of this happening are about the same as lightning striking the same place twice! I'm gonna have to let Jack know about it. He'll probably not be celebrating, even then. It takes more than I know to get him to celebrate like most people do, with cheering and possible bragging. No, this guy acknowledges the event, says it's good, then moves on. He says his purpose in analyzing people is to understand how to save humanity from its own wrongdoings. His worldview is that humanity is flawed, and without help from clear minded individuals, we will end up all killing each other in some grand worldwide standoff over gods know what. I sort of agree, but that last part scares me. Even scarier is that he's had this worldview as long as I've known him. He told me about it in kindergarten, and it left me devastated. He may be right, that without intervention humanity is doomed to eternal, pointless warfare, but the thought is scary. It was the scariest thing for me in younger years, scarier than any horror movie I ever saw."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/8/2015, 4:40 am

"What you guys do is not concern of mine, kill each other, kiss each other, pursue non-hunter girls." She replied, slightly bored by his big speech about Jack. Well before she became a Hunter, Emily probably would have had an interest however, Em being a Hunter want to have much interest in the affairs of men, that was their own affairs. They simply did not concern the Hunters.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 1/8/2015, 4:49 am

I said, "Right...well, do you agree with him that mortals are likely to never stop fighting one another in pointless war and generally bring all Hades up into this world? Because I think he might be right. It scares me beyond Hades, but the scary thing about it is the potential truth, I guess. I doubt the Hunters have very many conflicts though. I've held that in high regard, I must say. Maybe people like you, the other Hunters, or people like Jack are the answer to the eternal and universal problem of conflict. Or maybe conflict will always exist. I don't know." I then did a sudden 180 and fired my crossbow for yet another bullseye.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:36 pm