A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+11
Laxyak
Kendall
Cheesepuff
Arik
Aze Cluzt
Achilleus
Selene Dione
Kimimae
Hammah
Shade
Dorkette
15 posters

Eternally Tainted (Update 1-11-11)

Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male
    Number of posts : 52688
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Eternally Tainted (Update 1-11-11) - Page 2 Empty Re: Eternally Tainted (Update 1-11-11)

Post by Dorkette 10/3/2010, 2:38 am

FOR YOU CHEESEY!!! The rest of Chapter 1, its not much, but, I DID break this chappie up into three parts:

As the children start to get over the shock of what they just saw, they start to eat. Chiron grabs me by the shoulder and leads me away from everyone else. He looks at me, almost fearfully, dropping my arm quickly.
    ''What are you?!" He demands, a look of pure terror and reconization in his eyes. I can feel the eyes of the other campers on me as they leave. I am actually unaware at how much time has passed since he asked me the question. Staring up at him with a fearful look, I start to quiver.
    ''I.......I.....I'm not like them..." I whisper. From the beginning I thought I had found a place, but I haven't. He stares down at me, having known this all along. I have a horrible feeling that Zeus knew about me, but didn't know who I was. He nods understandingly and sends me out with the rest of the camp. Following the stragglers out a side door, I find myself in front of one of the most amazingly beautiful lakes I have ever seen, or maybe it’s a river? I can't tell. Only one of the campers is still watching the water, so I walk over to her.
    "Excuse me, can you tell me what state we're in?" I ask her quietly. She looks at me and laughs, like I just asked the most redundant question ever. My face turns bright red as I stare into the water, its almost like there's a city below us. It's so astonishing I take a step back and gasp.
    "We aren't in a state, we're directly above Greece." she says to me, "And if you look to your left, you'll see Olympus." I look over and, there, in the clouds, about twenty feet higher than our own little floating land mass, is a city. The city is so breathtakingly beautiful that I can't help but fall back onto the ground. Sitting there, I hear the girl laughing at my reaction, 'It's truly a sight for newb's." I look up at her. She's.....she'd fit in as a bully. I laugh lightly to myself, but then she grabs the back of my shirt, ''And now it’s time for you to take a little swim." She whispers in my ear before shoving me into the lake thing.
    First, let me explain to you how hard it is to stay afloat when the water is only two feet deep, and there is no bottom. It's very hard. I didn't even have ten seconds to panic before I break through the water and into open air. I can hear her panicked shouts, as apparently, no half-blood should have been able to go past the water, because it’s like an actual lake to them. I close my eyes and, concentrating deeply; start to feel myself slip away.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Eternally Tainted (Update 1-11-11) - Page 2 Empty Re: Eternally Tainted (Update 1-11-11)

Post by Shade 10/3/2010, 7:42 am

woa... This is really good love the cliff hanger
    Cheesepuff
    Cheesepuff
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 13582
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by Cheesepuff 10/3/2010, 12:35 pm

YAY thank you dorky! *hugs*
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/5/2010, 12:51 am

Ohkay so, it snot what I origionally had, well for about 1/4 of it got deleted and I had to redo, but its close enough. Hope you enjoy:

With a thump I land behind the large group of children that had gathered to watch me fall and splatter. I smile slightly as I stand and brush myself off. The impact wasn't as bad as it should have been. The ground had seemed somewhat softer. I shrug it off as the children, having lost sight of me, start to walk away. One catches sight of me and screams.

"G-G-G-G-G-Ghost in camp!!! Ghost in camp!" At that the other children stop and stare. An alarming screaming takes hold of the camp as every child I can see grabs some sort of weapon. My eyes widen in alarm as I start to run away from them. Their screams and shouts are ear splittingly loud. It's as though someone is pulling hails against a chalk board. I'm faster than them by far, but I know it won't be long until the rest of the camp has circled around, trapping me in. The least I could do is get farther ahead, or so I hope.

Chiron, who had heard quickly of my so-called death, stared in awe at me as I ran past him, being chased by the campers. As I hear him start to run after me, I push myself more. I can feel my speed gaining as everyone tries to keep up. Just when I thought I had lost all the campers, I hear the others coming around to circle me and trap me. Word has spread faster than I thought it would. Closing my eyes, I push myself to run harder and faster. After moments I leave them all in the dust, so fast, I feel as though I'm flying.

When I open my eyes I find that most of the campers have given up the chase back before we entered the forest. Wait, forest, I didn't know there was a forest, or even that I was running in it. Closing my eyes again I push myself to lose the other campers and Chiron who are on my trail still. I feel the wind start to pick up; surely I'm not running that fast? I open my eyes quickly to discover that, upon coming to the edge of the forest, the edge of the camp, I had dived off of the side. I barely hear the camper’s collective scream as they look over and see me falling.

The territory below me is barren and deserted of all life. I smile to myself as I right myself, and mortal who was to see my landing would die instantly form a heart-attack. I close my eyes and start to imagine soft things like marshmallows, clouds, pillows, feathers, and beds. After what seems like an eternity, I start to wonder when I'm going to splat. Thought it’s only been ten minutes, I know I wasn't high enough in the sky to fall for that long. I slowly open my eyes to see myself standing on the ground with little ripples going out from around me like I jumped into water. I laugh to myself, knowing I just created an earthquake.

Checking myself to make sure I'm okay, I start to disintegrate and get blown away with the wind. After just a matter of moments I start to solidify in the middle of the camp, where the campers, Chiron, and Zeus have gathered to commemorate the death of a little known camper. I amalgamate in with the other campers, not really noticeable.....to the eyes of a mortal, but Zeus, the god staring me down right now, is not mortal.

Leaving the podium quickly, he rushes to me in only a few long strides. Grabbing my arm roughly, he draws the camper’s attention. He studies me, holding my face to where I have no choice but to look him in the eye. He stares me down and lets me go; I stare back, showing him I'm not afraid of, as one would say the big bad wolf. Roughly he grabs my arm again and pulls me from the crowd.

"YOU!! IT'S YOU ISN'T IT!!!?? YOU'RE HER! YOU, YOU'RE THE HALF-BLOOD GODDESS!" He screams at me harshly, and rather loudly, like it’s a bad thing. The campers take herculean steps back, forming a perfect ring around us, as they all wonder 'what does he mean by 'half-blood goddess'?' Chiron, knowing this has taken a turn for the worse, instantaneously starts to immediately rush over to us. Gently Chiron makes Zeus release his grip on me. I take a step away quickly and rub my arm.

"Zeus, she's just a child, I may not know what you're talking about, but I know whatever you've been looking for, it isn't her." He whispers quietly to Zeus. I gaze up at the two men; they are so tall compared to the normal person. Chiron, who must be over seven feet tall, is almost half a foot shorter than Zeus. I shudder, wondering how tall Zeus is when he's not around mortals...or even half mortals.

"Chiron, she's the one we've been looking for. The one born of Egyptian and Greek. She's the daughter of Aphrodite and Sekhamet." He whispers. The campers stare directly at me, having heard and spread on Zeus's words. I can feel my face flush bright red. I look up at Zeus and he looks back at me, a look of pure resentment in his eyes. Chiron looks at us, finally understanding our staring battles.

"So what if that’s who I am?! I am Emma Nameless and proud to be so. My mother is Aphrodite, my father is Sekhamet, and I am not ashamed. Why would I be? I'm the perfect merge of two of the world’s most perfect and almost unbeatable societies." Zeus glares at me and Chiron's eyes widen. You can barely hear the 'Oh dear.' he mutters to himself. I start to glow brightly as I get madder at Zeus.

"You think I should be ashamed of being what I am!?" I demand from him, growing taller and taller by the second, "Do you think that I should say 'oh, oh my god, Lord Zeus, I'm so sorry for the way I was born'? Do you think that for a moment I'm going to bow at your feet and worship you like everyone else does just because you seem to think you can bully me!? I've got news for you 'lord' Zeus, I'm not, because I'm more proud of what I am than you are your entire family! And for another thing, you can suck it if you think that even for a moment I'll let you hold your power over me, because SIR the thing is, I WON'T!" I say, yelling the last part at him. Taking a deep breath I realize I'm over thirty foot tall, glowing like a shooting star, and Zeus is looking up at me, not even bother to do like I know he can and grow taller or change his shape or anything.

"If you have a problem with me, FIX YOURSELF!" I say, screaming the last part at him as a blast of energy sweeps out around me, knocking away everything in its way. The campers get blasted to almost the edge of the camp. Chiron and Zeus only about thirty foot away, but it’s enough, I've made my point I realize as I start to shrink down to my average height and stop glowing.

Zeus stands back on his feet and stares at me, like he can't believe what I just did. Like he can't believe I had the audacity to talk back to him, better yet step up to him and scream at him. Chiron gawks at me like he's never seen someone stupid enough to stand up to Zeus before, but eh, he probably hasn’t. I smile to myself, not really believing I had enough bravery to do that.

"And another thing, " I say, stepping up to Zeus, "You have NO right to just jerk me around and yell at me." I say to him. He just stares at me like I'm not a normal person. Like I'm not just like him. Like I'm.....like I'm the most astonishing thing he's ever seen and he wants to dissect me to see what makes me tick and if he can get some himself.

As the campers start to slowly make their way back, they gaze at me astonished. I look at each and every one of them in turn, waiting for someone to speak up, and waiting for Zeus to stop me. One of the children stares me down, well quite a few of them do. They must be the children of Zeus, judging by the fact they all look like him sorta. Zeus, seeing what is to happen here, in this show down between what could be the most powerful being he's ever seen and his own children, steps back and away, far away.

Lightning from thirty different directions comes speeding towards me. Without even thinking it could hurt me I hold my hand up, facing the Zeus kids, and redirect the lightning back to them. They barely have time to scatter before a hole is blown in the ground where they had been standing.

"Is this REALLY who you want leading you!? A man who let me rephrase, an indestructible god who lets his own MORTAL children go up against someone that could kill them within seconds? Would you trust your life to this man?" I ask each and every one of them. They all look at me, then to Zeus. After a long minute they all shake their heads, even Zeus' own children. I smile triumphantly and look to Zeus. He gawks at his children, his own children betrayed him, and for what?! A stupid, little fourteen year old brat of a goddess whose so tainted by culture he can't stand her.

"You, you're coming to Olympus, and you're coming now. We'll see what your parents think of your behavior little
    miss." he says to me quietly and in a hissed voice. A storm starts to move in and I can see the electricity flickering in his eyes. Children start to run as rain starts to pour down. Cross my arms and stomp my foot, I am in a worse mood than he is. Quickly taking power over the storm from him, I dial it up, making it gale force winds and hail. I smirk at him and, within the blink of an eye, I am standing in the middle of a large room that is filled with twelve different gods. Well, actually, fourteen if you count my father standing away from everyone else like he doesn't belong, which he doesn't, and the cold, dark, gothic looking man that is standing in a dark corner. Instantly I recognize him as Hades, god of the underworld, I also recognize my mother in a chair, exhausted from what might have been a fight. Another god I recognize is Hephaestus, the blacksmith god. I sigh, unknowing who the rest are.

I walk over to a woman tending a fire, "Ma'am, can you tell me who some of those people are?" I ask quietly before realizing there are fifteen gods and goddesses here, she's one also.

She smiles kindly at me, "Well, I am Hestia, that is Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Hermes, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Ares, Dionysus, Hades, Aphrodite, and that man over there, hiding like he doesn't belong, that man is Sekhamet, he's not one of us, he's Egyptian. He and Aphrodite had a child, we have been looking for her for fourteen years, Zeus, Zeus, where is that man?!" She says, getting lost in thought, "Oh, I shouldn't have told you some of that, so keep it to yourself if you will young half-blood." She whispers to me quietly.

I smile at her, keeping it my secret for the time being, and nod. I walk over to the table where the gods and goddesses were discussing something. Barely glancing at me they continue their conversation, with me still unsure as to which one is which. I catch snippets of their conversation. As far as I can tell it’s all about the raging storm outside and how mad Zeus must be. I smile to myself and laugh. All of them quickly stop talking and look at me, all but my mother, she is deep in conversation on the other side of the room with my father.

"Do you know why Zeus is so angry, and why are you here?" One woman, who I'm guessing is Athena, asks. I smile at her sweetly and giggle.

"Oh that storm isn't Zeus's doing. He's mad, but someone is madder than him. He found her, and told her she had to come here, after she yelled at him and made his own family turn against him." I inform them. With wide eyes Athena looks down at me fearfully.

"Child, was this, this person that made him mad, was she the......was she the daughter of Aphrodite and Sekhamet?" She whispers. I nod happily as I make the storm die down. Sekhamet and Aphrodite walk over together slowly and stand behind me, each with a hand on my shoulder. A look of pure and sheer seriousness crosses my face as the other gods and goddesses take a collective gasp.

I smile at them tentatively, sure they're immortal beings that could, and would, probably wipe out the whole population of America with just one hissy-fit, but I could see the terror and horror in their eyes. They're afraid of me, and I don't even know why. I smile at them lightly, trying to put their fears at ease, but all it does is make them think I’m plotting something. I frown and sigh. I look at my mother then, in turn, at my father, who looks back at me, like he wants to be here, well frankly, a lot less that I want to.

"My name is Emma, and I believe you were just talking about me, to me, beside me, gossiping about me. I don't find it very fair that you feel that you can be afraid of me, and not even know me. Yeah sure I made Zeus mad and caused a storm. I even stared him down and screamed at him. I turned his own children against him, but he had that much coming after the way he treated me. I am going to say the same thing I did to him, and that my friends is, that if you don't like me, and fix yourselves and get over it." I smile up at my father and mother and they beam proud, happy that I was actually brave enough to stick up for myself.

Out of nowhere a loud, booming voice screams "YOU!" like thunder. At once I'm on the ground, in a fist fight, with a god, that could possible kill me...or so I thought. If only I had known five minutes earlier that I was going to be in a fist fight with one of the most powerful things I had ever met, I wouldn't have been so brave in telling a room full of gods to fix themselves, and get over it.

Maybe if, just maybe, I can get out of his grasp long enough for him to realize what he's done. Then again, he won't care; all he wants is for me to be dead, that way he won't have to look at me. I mean, Atlas, can I trade places with you? You can hold him off while I hold up the world! Mabey I just need to fight him off myself. Boy, if I thought confrontation from Zeus was bad, I hadn't seen anything until now.

Last edited by ~AllMusic~ on 10/5/2010, 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Achilleus
    Achilleus

Male
    Number of posts : 333
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Achilleus 10/5/2010, 1:08 am

wait what????.... NOOOOOOO!!!!!! not over.... AHHH!!!...

best line: "If you have a problem with me, FIX YOURSELF!"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 10/5/2010, 9:10 am

woa....awsome cliff hanger can't wait to figure out who the god is (my guess ra or set)
    Cheesepuff
    Cheesepuff
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Cheesepuff 10/5/2010, 11:38 am

LIKE AWESOME I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/6/2010, 10:59 pm

Eh.....seeing as this origional story is too 'fanfic' I am no longer writing it this way, I am sorry, but the rest will be...reletively the same as the origional, just no camp, no chiron, so ya
    Cheesepuff
    Cheesepuff
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Cheesepuff 10/6/2010, 11:12 pm

thats fine its still gonna be awesome
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/6/2010, 11:15 pm

yeah see, I'm trying to 'un-fanfic- it, so that, 'Emma Nameless, goddess of greek and egyptian' will not be known as da fanfic, and as someone KINDLY pointed out, if I try to publish it, going like htis, I get sued...eh.....blach
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 10/6/2010, 11:17 pm

ouch...but why it's your story what happened to freedom of print/press and freedom of speech
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/7/2010, 12:45 am

Ohkay so, changed some stuff, this is not fanfic, I am sorry, but whatever you believe it is not based of PJO, I changed anything that, at the moment, relates. Thank you people for oh so kindly pointing out my origional story was 'fanfic' and i hope this has fixed it:

Chapter 1
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 2
    Spoiler:
    Chapter 3
    Spoiler:
    Achilleus
    Achilleus

Male

Post by Achilleus 10/7/2010, 2:49 am

interesting.. I like it :)... and no big cliffhanger this time?.. XD...
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/7/2010, 7:29 am

eh yeah, the cliff hangers there, it just won't be fufilled for.......quite afew chapters
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 10/7/2010, 11:17 am

I thought it was awsome
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 10/8/2010, 4:09 pm

It's pretty good.
    Laxyak
    Laxyak

Female
    Number of posts : 650
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Laxyak 10/10/2010, 10:33 pm

I'm sorry for offending you. I can move it to original if you really feel it's your own. It's a pretty interesting story, and I would love to read more. Who cares what it's label is? :) Please forgive me...
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/17/2010, 2:03 am

ohkay I ahven't rely been writing, but i've gotten back to it. And I want to keep you interested so, just for those fans that like little summaries about hings in chapters, here is a summary that could be places in chapter 4 right now::

Emma......dies?
    Mockingjay
    Mockingjay
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5141
    Registration date : 2010-03-07

Post by Mockingjay 10/17/2010, 9:30 am

this is really good :DD
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941

Post by Chuck 10/17/2010, 1:00 pm

I think this is really good! One thing you might want to watch out for, though. It seems like you are using periods (...) a ton. Sometimes you could stick to just one period, or a semi-colon.

ex. "Who cares......they'll get what they need......they will." Instead of making it trail off, maybe use a semicolon (;) for a hard pause. (Who cares. They'll get what they need. They will.) or (Who cares; They'll get what they need; They will.)

Also, when you do use periods in succesion to show she is trailing off, try to use only three instead of a ton. Using periods like this too much makes the text tedious to read. Also, it's more grammatically correct to put a space after the last period. I would reccomend trying to keep this in mind in the future.

I hope this didn't make you mad. I'm just trying to help you make your story a little more reader-friendly. :) It is really interesting.
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/17/2010, 2:42 pm

*SIGH* thanks for the unwanted criticism Ell. I had to remember you weren't here when I asked no critisizm on this, I have my reasons for putting all the dots...its supposed to represent a long dramatic pause, not her just trailing off silly xP
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941

Post by Chuck 10/18/2010, 8:15 pm

Oh I'm so sorry! I wasn't trying to be mean. I do think the story is really good. Keep writing! Even if you chose not to post it here, I think you should keep writing. :)
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/18/2010, 11:32 pm

Psha, I'll be done with chap 4 when I get motivation to open the thingy, eh, I'll do that now LOOOK FORWARD!
    Achilleus
    Achilleus

Male

Post by Achilleus 10/19/2010, 3:19 am

you better continue this story.. >_<... pwiitty pweeezz..
    Dorkette
    Dorkette
    Role Playing Addict

Male

Post by Dorkette 10/19/2010, 1:33 pm

RANDOM EXCERT TIMEEEEEEEEEE:::::

.:I take one step too far and hit air:.
    Emma Nameless, Tainted, Chapter Four, page who knows but in microsoft word it says page 14.

(psha, it seems like I've wrote more than that....)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 7:13 am