A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Bordeaux, France (private)

Aves
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9301
    Registration date : 2010-06-23

Bordeaux, France (private) - Page 3 Empty Re: Bordeaux, France (private)

Post by Aves 7/6/2013, 1:09 pm

"Um, okay," I say sitting in a chair.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/7/2013, 2:29 pm

Victoria noticed his lost look and smiled.

"Don't worry. It's just a name my father and I found for a dish."

She went to the fridge and took out minced meat. Weighing it, she continued:

"I never wanted to cook. But my father wanted me to learn, so he invented a way for me to like cooking. He acted as if everything we made was something that was in relation with astronomy or astrophysics. For example, make a cake that looks like a galaxy. Or make a drink that would look like interstellar dust."

Having weighed 700 grams of the meat, she put the rest back into the fridge.

"Now, we're gonna imitate the crust of the planet Mars, if it suits you," she said with a smile. "First, we have to make the rocky basis (the meat), then we'll do the underlying ice stratum, then we'll add the dust and rocks on the surface."

She smirked at them both.

"That's part of how I learned so quickly. But well... cooking is so much more fun now!"
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 8/17/2013, 1:13 pm

I look at her, I knew very little about astronomy. "Um, okay." I say not knowing what else to say.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female
    Number of posts : 701
    Registration date : 2012-03-29

Post by Maybeth 8/18/2013, 10:13 am

I thought about it for a while. She always had her own way to do things. That confidense, that independance was what I liked on her the most! I nodded.
    -Okay, sounds simple and fun! Tell what to do! I said partly excited.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/28/2013, 6:09 am

Wondering whether Justin could say anything else than 'Um, okay', Victoria turned to Jason with a great smile.
    "You could help me peel the potatoes," she suggested. "Wait here, I'm gonna fetch some in the cellar."

She excited the room and went down the stone stairs that led to the garage and the room where they were keeping the food. She took several potatoes, ran back upstairs, washed them, and put them on the table. She then opened a drawer, took two knives out and handed one to Jason.

"Just put the skin in the bin," she smiled, and started peeling a small one.

The skin slid off with every stroke of her knife and she looked at Justin, who was still seated. "Do you want to help us?" she asked.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/5/2013, 11:21 am

I watched the way she peeled the potatos. Not the best thing for us to do together but still I wanted to help her. I picked on eup and cleared her skin off akwardly. After a while I had count about 13 potatos. I was fast but I had scratched my hands a bit. I felt like I was home... helping my mother... And here goes that melancholy again.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2013, 3:42 am

While peeling her potatoes, Victoria couldn't resist glancing one or two times at Jason. He had fair golden-blonde hair that covered his head and the top of his neck, suntanned skin, and when he was occupied, like now, he frowned a little with his well-drawn blonde eyebrows, which gave him a concentrated look.
    However, a look of quiet sadness crept over his face, as if he were remembering something unpleasant.

"Are you alright?" she asked, even though she wasn't sure it would be polite. After all, she wasn't a socializing freak.

She put her potato down after having peeled it, washed her hands and looked at Jason.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/9/2013, 3:54 am

I blinked as tears were builting in my eyes. I took a towel and cleaned my hands off. I leaned on the kitchen's bench breathing deeply. Inhale...Exhale... I concetrated my mind on that and made my self forget. I was here now! With Victoria... and Justin. My friends... I remembered that soft way she was always smiling. Beautifull... I clenched my fists and made a grimace of pain. I pushed my salef to open my eyes as I heard Victoria talking to me in a bit worried tone. I glanced Justin and then looked Victoria into the eyes. I didn't want to hide my feelings but I had to if I didn't wanted to make him my "enemy". I would hold her hands and kissed her softly but what I only did was to mubble something about being perfectly fine and looking down while turning my back.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2013, 4:14 am

Even though Jason obviously wasn't fine, he told them otherwise and turned his back. Victoria wanted to comfort him, but didn't know how - when she had to comfort her father, she would start telling scientific jokes in French, or narrate how she messed up with a chemical substance once, and they would genuinely laugh. She unfortunately couldn't pull that trick with Jason.
    She put a calming hand on his shoulder, then went back to her meat.
    After having chopped a red onion into fine pieces, she put it into the meat and browned it, regularly breaking the meat with a wooden spatula.
    When the meat got ready, she dusted it with a little flour, added five hundred milliliters of water, a stock cube, a spoonful of Worcestershire sauce, two tomatoes cut into cubes and a branch of fragrant thyme.

"Let it rest fifteen minutes," she mouthed to herself, then went to the potatoes.

Normally, she wouldn't appreciate at all to cook for two boys who didn't help her. But first, Jason already helped her, and obviously wasn't feeling well right now, and Justin... well, he didn't know how to cook. He could learn, of course, but right now, he didn't seem so eager to do so.

She took the potatoes, smiled at Jason, and put them into water, making them boil.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/9/2013, 4:32 am

I sat on chair and looked her while preparing food. After a while I felt badly for not helping so I stood up and opened the extractor. All the steam went straight up and I sat back down without knowing what to do. Justin wasn't talking much and Victoria was cooking. There was an awakward silence between us. All I could hear was the splash of water in the pot were potatos boiled. I looked down again.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2013, 4:43 am

Victoria stole a glance at Jason and met his eye. She smiled invigoratingly at him, and pointed at the potatoes.

"Wanna help me, please?" she asked. "It might be a bit hot."

She grabbed a dishcloth and took the saucepan containing the potatoes away. Her hands trembling because of the weight, she approached the sink and carefully spilled the burning hot water in it.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/9/2013, 5:08 am

I rushed behind her and helped her hold the heavy saucepan while spilling the hot water.
    I placed it on the bench and turned off the furnace.

- So, what's left to do? I asked, looking around
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2013, 5:56 am

"We just have to mash the potatoes, and season them with nutmeg," Victoria quickly replied as she took out another spatula to mash the potatoes.

As she did so, she smiled again at Jason, thinking how close they had been to going out. Would that ever happen? she wondered. But then she looked at Justin, and knew she couldn't... not in his presence, it would be rude, really rude.
    So she just had to... wait? But what if Jason suddenly met another girl and started to fancy her? A cold claw gripped the inner of her chest as she thought about it. But no, it couldn't be. It just wouldn't come true. She hoped so.

She added the nutmeg, then butter and milk, and mixed the whole until it became homogenous.

"Now comes the fun," she smirked. "We're gonna create the martian soil - it's composed of a rocky stratum, a more or less pure layer of ice and dust and rocks on the surface."

She took the meat and put it in the platter she had prepared, spreading it equally, then added the 'ice layer' which were the mashed potatoes. Over it, she grated a piece of cheddar and added some paprika before cutting olives, a red onion and a tomato into pieces and scattering them on the potatoes.

"Finished," she smiled. "Now we just have to let it in the oven for half an hour, and that'll be it."

Looking at them, she took an olive and placed it in her mouth.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/9/2013, 7:01 am

I mashed some potatos but then leaned back and watched her as she was preparing her special plate. Martian soil... Her dad had nice name inspirations I thought. I placed the platter in the oven and twisted a kitchen clock I found in a cupboard till 30'.
    -Okay then! I said with a tone of boredom on my voice but still sounding playful. Let's go have some fun now! I said smiling and stood up heading outside.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2013, 7:20 am

Victoria smirked and lightly pushed him forward as she made her way to the door. She had noted his somewhat bored voice, but didn't pay any attention. She had done what she could to make cooking sound fun and interesting, so if he was bored, it was only because he hadn't appreciated it.
    Pity.

She opened the French window and led them to the stone-paved patio that overlooked their garden.
    It wasn't the most beautiful of gardens - well, no garden seemed beautiful after you had looked at the Demeter cabin - but it was still well-kept: the lawn was mowed, the bushes were trimmed and there was a flowerbed on one side of it, next to a cedar tree.
    She smiled at Justin and Jason.

"Well, I know it's not big, but at least we have a garden," she commented, trying to sound cheerful.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/18/2013, 10:27 am

I smiled widely. It was so beautiful! I walked outside and after looking around me for a while to smell the fresh air and see all those cheering colors of the flowers, I slowly layed down looking the light blue sky.

OOC: sorry... very small post...no inspiration...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/18/2013, 10:34 am

They stayed on the terrace, chatting and laughing until the dish was ready. Victoria went back inside, took it out of the oven, and scattered chopped olives and tomatoes on it, then presented it to Jason and Justin.

"Let's watch a movie," she suggested, "while eating it. It's what, seven pm."

She took them to their work-room where they kept their TV and sat down on one of the seats, putting the dish on the little table in front of them.

"Don't move, I'm going to get plates for us, and a packet of tortilla chips!" Vic said before disappearing in the kitchen.

She came out a minute later, carrying three white china plates, forks and knives, and the packet of nachos.

"Here you are," she stated, and gave each of them a plate, fork and knife. "What do you want to watch? Some action movie, perhaps? I have Troy here, if you wish."

Smiling, she selected that movie and sat on her seat between Jason and Justin, eating the dish she had prepared while watching the film.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/18/2013, 11:33 am

We had so much fan chatting outside, but Vic told us that the meal was ready. I sat on the table and made a proposal for our lives, because that's your wish when you're a half-blood. I glanced at Victoria several times and smiled her. I cleared my plate and offered to wash the dishes. I knew it wasn't what I'd normally do if I was in a friend's house, but I wanted to help her a little bit. I hoped Justin wouldn't think odd of me because of this. I couldn't put nothing else into my stomach cause I felt it would explode. I just ate a few chips and I watched the movie with big interest. I couldn't resist, so I pretended Yawning and I placed my arm around Vic's back. I wasn't fan of blood, but seeing a war, is really more than amazing, specially with all those cool digital effects.
    Soon, the sun set and the movie finished. We sat there talking for a while mostly about the movie. I wasn't talking much, but I felt so glad and I realised, it was one of the best days of my life... A day with Victoria. I imagined the future of us, but everything seemed uncertain and complicated everytime I looked Justin. The night, just before I go to bed, I went to Vic's room after assuring Justin was sleeping.
    -Thank you for everything Victoria. It was a great day today. I told her and kissed her on the cheek. I stared her beautiful eyes and smirked. I softly picked a messy hair strand that was on her face and placed it behind her left ear. I touched the back of her neck and we both stood there smiling at each other for a while.
    -Goodnight. I whispered and walked out to let her sleep. I didn't want to move on while Justin was here, but I knew deeply in my heart that I wanted her more than ever. I wanted to spend time together and have fun...I felt like I missed her fo some reason before I fall asleep.
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 9/19/2013, 10:38 am

I follow them around the house, I watch the movie intently. I walk into the bed room afterwards. I sleep, I wake slightly when Jaison left our bedroom, thinking it was just a dream I went back to sleep. I wake up early and go outside quietly, and run around the property, I walk back it side and go take a shower quietly. I walk back it the bedroom and sit on my bed and read a book.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/20/2013, 2:23 pm

When Jason came to her room, Victoria had already been in her grey pajamas, looking at the periodic table that hung over her desk.
    He thanked her for everything, kissed her cheek (Victoria closed her eyes at that moment), then put one of her wild, dry blonde strains behind her ear and left his hand on her neck. Victoria's heart had been pounding fast and she had stared into his intense blue eyes.
    Some girls would have been disappointed he hadn't kissed her, but to Victoria, it didn't count. She just enjoyed that moment, looking into his eyes, feeling his hand on her neck.

Then he told her goodnight and left the room.
    A dreamy smile on her pale lips, Victoria went to bed, pulling her duvet up to her chin and watching the ceiling, thanking her mother and - for once! - Aphrodite who was sending her this love. She thanked for the next day, then realized that her cousins would come next day.
    Victoria dozed off moodily.

~~~

Shining light was raining into her room, but Victoria had been awake ever since dawn. She liked watching the constellations get paler until they finally faded away into the sky, allowing the sun to rise.
    She had already showered, and was wearing a white tank top over a pair of grey cotton trousers. Her hair was combed back, but still looked like a shiny, blonde cloud above each one of her shoulders.

She went down, not wanting to knock at the boys's door, and met her father downstairs.

"Hey dad," she said in French. She wasn't angry at him anymore, so she hugged him. "When are the monsters coming?"

"I'm going to fetch them right now, at the airport. I came down to eat with you, but I have to go in five minutes."

"Hmmph," Victoria grunted.

She took a bowl of cereals while absent-mindedly watching the wall in front of her, where a picture of herself was hanging. On the image, she was four years old, and looking with a serious-funny laughing expression at the photographer, while hugging her stuffed owl.
    Maybeth
    Maybeth

Female

Post by Maybeth 9/20/2013, 2:41 pm

I woke up a little bit late. I suddenly opened my eyes sure that I had heard something. I was probably seeing a nightmary, because I was soaked with sweat. I looked around me still dizzy after the sleep. Justin was on his bed reading something.

-Goodmoring I said and slowly stood up. I felt tired, as if I had fighted with monsters. I went in the bathroom and saw black circles under my eyes. I tried to remember what I've seen, but nothing came into my mind. I just washed my face and teeth and then decided to have a cool shower! The best thing for morining awakening! I changed my clothes and checked my slef in the mirror. Black circles were still there, but I looked fresh and I was wearing a nice black T-shirt and a green shirt upon it.
    I walked out and found Justin just where he was before.

-I'm going for breakfast! I said and rushed down the stairs. I found Victoria having breakfast with her father.

-Goodmorning M.Guyot! Goodmorning Victoria! I said happily and smiled widely. I sat on the table and took a slice of bread which I spread with nutella.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/20/2013, 5:18 pm

Victoria's father looked up at Jason; he was wearing a pair of grey jeans trousers and a blue buttoned shirt. His brown hair was combed back, but looked messy because he had the habit of constantly passing a hand through them.

"M. Laroche is good," he smiled. "Our last name is a bit too long. But if you wish, you can call me Maximilien."

The daughter of Athena gave her father a grateful gaze; she was happy he acted familiar with Jason. Her father was the most intelligent adult man Victoria knew personally, apart from Chiron, and it was surely obvious to him that Jason and her liked each other very much.

"Good morning, Jason," she said with her signature incomplete smile. "How was your sleep? Is Justin coming?"

She took a spoonful of cereals and put it in her mouth, chewing it. Then, she extended her hand at the freshly bought baguette, cut a slice off and buttered it - buttered bread was one of her favorite ingredients for a good breakfast, along with cereals and a glass of fresh orange juice. She didn't like to eat much, but she ate balanced meals - she had of course been inhabited to it at Camp, but earlier so because of the Latin saying 'Mens sana in corpore sano': Sane mind in sane body, one of her favorite sayings.
    Having buttered her bread, she made for a slice of Beaufort cheese and put it on her piece of baguette, then, with a smile, handed the little basket of croissants to Jason. Croissants, baguette, pain au chocolat, ... A real French breakfast. The only thing that lacked was a cup of café au lait, but if Jason wanted one, Victoria could easily do it.

M. Laroche-Guyot checked his watch and finished the croissant he had been dipping in his cup of Earl Grey tea.

"It's almost nine a.m., I should get going," he told them with a smile. "I know it's very rude to leave the table without having waited for the others to finish, but it would be even more rude to let my niece, nephew and their friend wait."

"It's not a problem, Papa," Victoria stated after having swallowed her mouthful of bread with Beaufort cheese.

He nodded.

"If you would please excuse me," he said, smiled at them both, and walked out of the living room.

A few minutes later, they could hear the door to the garage being opened and the sound of the starting engine. Then, they saw out of the window that the car was leaving and Victoria turned to face Jason.

"How do you like my dad?" she questioned with a smile.
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 9/21/2013, 2:40 am

I nod to Jason as he leaves the room, after u hear the front door open and close, I walk out in to the kitchen, "Morning Victotia, Jason." I sit across the table from them. " I notice that Victorias dad had left. "Hey, Victoria, where's your dad?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/21/2013, 4:23 am

"He's going to the airport," she moodily mumbled. "To get my cousins."

She spat the word 'cousin' as if it had been the worst insult she could have come up with.

"Here, help yourself to some croissants," she said, handing him the little basket. "Want anything to drink? We've got orange juice, apple juice, grape juice, Earl Grey tea or Darjeeling, and if you wish I can make you some coffee."
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 9/21/2013, 4:32 am

I look at Victoria funny, "What's wrong with your cousins?" I ask. I take a croissant and start eating it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 2:04 pm