A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+8
Gravity
Alyssa
Blaze
GavinP
Morgan Landry
Doug The Turtle
Poptart
GwrachSeren
12 posters

Prom 2013 Committee Meeting

Gravity
    Gravity

Male
    Number of posts : 198
    Registration date : 2013-01-08

Prom 2013 Committee Meeting  - Page 3 Empty Re: Prom 2013 Committee Meeting

Post by Gravity 5/11/2013, 11:42 pm

"Gee, thanks for getting your spit all over my flute!" Suzy said sarcastically. Well that was unexpected, Suzy thought. Looking at her ruined flute she picked it up and handed up to Achaylia. "Here, keep it. It has your spit all over it now"
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Post by GwrachSeren 5/11/2013, 11:44 pm

OOC: She used her own. It's CB and can turn into a sword :P It's kept in a holster at her hip.
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 5/12/2013, 12:02 am

Ross's hand reluctantly went down, as he realized that no one even looked at him. He sunk down into his seat, papers still cradled in his arms. He looked over them again, as he had come up with some sweet designs for the layout; He had done one for each. He decided to just blurt out. "Erm, excuse me? I have some ideas for decoration, if you're interested..." He said, the words coming out in a hoarse whisper. He hated being so nervous all of the time.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 12:08 am

Achaylia looked at the voice. "Oh, I;m sorry. I didn't notice you there. I think decoration ideas are best kept until after we have a theme and when we have groups settled. But it's awesome you have something already. Mind telling us about them?"
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 5/12/2013, 12:25 am

His cheeks instantly turned red. Damn his emotions. He looked around, seeing that he was one of the oldest members. He grunted, flattening out the papers. "Well, um, for the Monster theme, I drew up some designs and such." He got up out of his seat to show Achaylia, handing her the drawings. "I'm not really an artist, but those are the plans so far." He looked through the other papers as well. "I've also got some drawings on the Wonderland/Oz theme, as well as the Steampunk/Olden Days theme." He handed those to her as well, awaiting the criticism to hit.

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 12:36 am

Ooc: hey shan, I apologize for not being able to get on, sienna and i are at the party i told you about, but i hadnt realized that it was an overnight. I'll be getting on as often as possible until i get home

Bic: Maeve watched silently, not knowing what to say. She felt quite awkward here. This was not her normal environment. She was usually up in a tree somewhere reading, or hiding away in the back of some old warehouse that people of Camp Half Blood had long forgotten. She definitely did not belong here, in some prom comittee.

As Maeve watched and listened. She had a couple of ideas, but there was no way she was about to open her mouth on her own. No way in Hades.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/12/2013, 12:39 am

She nodded as she looked through them. "Very nice... Can I see the others, too?" she asked. She gave him an encouraging smile as he was obviously nervous. At least this kid didn't have attitude like some others there. She slotted her own flute (not Suzy's as she did not use it) into it's holster.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

Post by Blaze 5/12/2013, 1:38 am

Nathan sat and watched the feud between Achaylia and Suzy. He rolled his eyes. I would not suggest doing that... He heard mention of vice president, but he was too quiet to be vice president. He could provide music, or maybe help with decorations, sincehe can reach high places by flying. "Not exactly the place to be locking lips, you two," He said, rolling his eyes. Why would you make out with someone in public? That was just gross.

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 4:22 am

Maeve shifted in her seat, feeling weird. Why couldn't people just listen to Achaylia? It was simple, and several people were. But others, particularly the Suzy one.... Well, in Maeve's opinion needed to cool off. Someone needed shrink her ego. Give her a reason to think about how she should act. Talking back? Bragging? Kissing? People didn't want to see that. Maeve wasn't a goody two shoes, she just wished that people would know where the line was, and understand the common knowledge that it wasn't made to be crossed.

Maeve had some suggestions in mind. She had heard rumors that steam punk slash olden days was a popular vote, and already had had some decorational ideas come to mind. She wasnt exactly very good at things like security and Maeve wasnt the greatest at food. She also knew that she could sing and play the acoustic guitar. But the fact that everyone else seemed to be bragging about their skills in such areas, it already felt cliché. She hoped though, that if she did come up with a good idea, that she would have the courage to speak up. She had no doubt that Achaylia would kick out non-contributors.

Maeve blinked at her hands in her lap, surprised at herself. Why, when she came in, did she want to leave as soon as possible, yet now, was she worried that she'd be kicked out?

She sighed. She was overthinking things. Like usual. Damn, did she wish her friend was here.

Last edited by luckistarz on 5/12/2013, 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 4:36 am

Lakisha had been silent during the last ten minutes, looking up at the newcomers when they arrived, but otherwise staying motionless. She had been hesitating about taking out her headphones and listening to some music, but had decided it would look rude. So the young woman had waited patiently, legs crossed, back straight, while listening to the fight between Suzi and Achylia going on. She had wanted to intervene at several times, but each time she had wanted to say something, one of the two would continue the arguing. It wasn't wise of Suzi to stand up against Achaylia, and she had been very rude and disrespectful several times.

Finally, Achaylia opened the meeting. Lakisha listened to her carefully, but couldn't decide which group she wanted to join.
    Decoration sounded just like the right thing to her: she could make ice statues, and that could fit in every theme. She wouldn't be alone of course, she would take two or three of her siblings and do it together - she thought about taking Cassiopeia and Jea.

But music was nice too: Lakisha had a beautiful voice and loved to sing; not to mention her electric guitar skills. Selecting music, too, was among her strengths.

And there was security too. Lakisha was a person of authority and everybody at Camp knew it. She had a haughty and queen-like demeanor that could be intimidating, and she knew how to make of that an advantage. Besides, she was eighteen, making her one of the oldest Campers here. She was responsible and knew how to make herself respected.

She turned her head to Achaylia; her silver make-up shone up as she moved, drawing attention on left eye, which was ice-blue, (her right eye was fir-green).

"Can one join several groups?" she asked in a calm yet assured voice that could be heard through the small room even though she wasn't speaking loudly. "For I'm hesitating between Decoration, Music, and Security. As for Decoration, I can make ice statues of various kinds and forms. It could fit every theme. I can, too, arrange the lights and make special light effects, which would be nice during the dance. However, I have been told several times I am good at singing and playing the guitar. So that's why I'm considering joining the Music group. Besides, I really like to select music and put up a playlist."

She stretched her legs and crossed them again.

"And I can handle security issues, which makes me think about joining the Security group. I have authority," she stated with calm, "and I'm responsible. I may sound boasting, but I think people here know it. In addition, I'm one of the oldest Campers, which is a bonus for respect."

Lakisha looked into Achaylia's eyes.

"What do you think?"
    GavinP
    GavinP
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2516
    Registration date : 2012-05-17

Post by GavinP 5/12/2013, 7:22 am

Oh so much drama, so much aggression from the little lady. Gavin listened as Achaylia started the meeting, with the three potential themes for the prom. He found the monsters theme a little ironic, they were at camp to keep away from them, but a good idea nonetheless. Gavin favored the steampunk idea. It was something everybody could enjoy!
    He listened to the groups and figured he would best fit in as security, but he was good with entertaining people too! He laughed as the guy carrying all the paper told the little couple to get a room. It truly was, good to be back.
    "Well Achaylia, I could help with the entertainment. One of the Hephaestus kids showed me how to wire up basically any sound system. Or security, but I'd suggest we tell people to leave weapons away. If a fight breaks out, nobody should die."
    Gavin shrugged, he didn't really mind what group he was placed in, it was all for the benefit of others.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 9:29 am

Lakisha gave the boy who just spoke a calm but hard look.

"Well, I believe it's obvious no weapons should be allowed. Were having a prom to dance, not to fight."

She shrugged, feeling a bit like Captain Obvious. Lakisha thought she might have hurt him, but decided she hadn't been mean, so there was no reason he should feel hurt.

"But fights can happen anytime, without weapons," she added, stretching her long legs again.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 9:59 am

The daughter of Chione looked at the other boy. He had black eyes and light hazel eyes, yet Lakisha didn't find him attractive. Besides, he was Suzi's boyfriend, and Lakisha had little sympathy left for that girl. So if Axcel could fall in love with somebody like that....
    On the other hand, she was still with Ethan, even though they hadn't had a free second in the last three weeks. She wondered if she shouldn't just break up.

She had nothing to add to him, yet she saw a little gleam in his eyes she couldn't read. Frustration? But there was a kind of relish, too. She decided to let it go.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female
    Number of posts : 2055
    Registration date : 2013-03-08

Post by Alyssa 5/12/2013, 10:20 am

I sat down on a plastic chair. "I am good at decorating" I pointed out. I said it not as loud because I was still recovering from what happened between Suzy and Axel. That made me want a boyfriend, but I probably wouldn't handle it very well.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 10:25 am

Lakisha turned to the young girl. She was younger than her, 15 or 14, along those lines. She had blonde hair and pale blue eyes.
    Lakisha marveled at how she pointed that out without giving either arguments or examples. Since she didn't seem like she was going to go deeper, the young woman leaned back.

"Well?" she asked her. "What exactly are your decoration skills?"
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 5/12/2013, 10:46 am

I looked at the girl standing in front of me. I had to look up to see here she was a little older then me. "I like art so I would be good at decorations and I am good at decorating." I answered her question. She looked pale like a child of Chione. She was pretty tall and skinny with long brown hair.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 10:49 am

Lakisha laughed, her auburn braid shifting on her shoulder.

"You don't get my meaning."

She was sitting on her chair, legs crossed, and her hands in the pockets of her black slim jeans.

"What exactly can you make as decorations?" she asked. "Because everybody can say he or she is good at decorating, that doesn't mean anything. We can't judge for ourselves unless we see what you're capable of."
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 5/12/2013, 11:02 am

I smiled. "Okay.." I thought about it. "Almost anything" I say. "Well I mean what do I have to make..?" I asked knowing I could really make anything. I watched Axel leave the room. Wonder where he is going I thought.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 11:11 am

The young woman sighed. Was this girl doing it on purpose?

"You still don't get what I'm saying."

At that moment, the boy who had gotten up came back in, holding a guitar. He started playing 'You Spin My Head Right Round' by Florida.
    Ugh.
    FloRida.

Now Lakisha disliked him even more. FloRida was one of those groups that had no richness in their music, they didn't go deep in their compositions. It was superficial and dull, in Lakisha's opinion.
    However, she was struck at how rude it was of him to start playing guitar while others were talking. She stood up.

"Erm, excuse me?" she said in a harsh voice. "Can you stop this? You're not on a date here, you're in a committee. If you want to play Romeo, you can go outside and play serenades all day long to your beloved one. But as long as others here are talking, you shall not play guitar for it is very rude. Thank you."

Lakisha sat down again and leaned forward, gazing at the girl with her mismatched blue and green eyes.

"I am asking what you can make, as decoration. Taking myself as an example, I said earlier I could make ice statues of any kind and I know how to arrange light effects. Now, what can you do?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2013, 11:22 am

Lakisha stood up and looked at him haughtily.

"Well, you're looking at her and playing a love song directed at her, so yes, you are serenading. If you don't believe me, take a dictionary and look it up."

She stopped a second to let her words have impact.

"To take up your second point, you have something to do: you're in a meeting and you are bound to listen when others are speaking. If you don't believe that either, I suggest you re-read the definition of a meeting."

She looked at him in her queen-like manner.

"As for your third point, it just comforts me in saying you're rude. We're discussing matters here, and you just stand up, take a guitar, walk back in and start singing while we're speaking - and you want us to listen? Hell, boy! Watch your manners!"
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 5/12/2013, 11:37 am

"Ok" I say surprised by the girls frustration. "I can do streamers I can't make them but I know where to get them. I can make a banner of CHB in one week it could be finished." I suggested. Axel and Suzy were starting to annoy me. Couldn't he play lover boy somewhere else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 1:58 pm