A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Home again

Home again Empty Home again

Post by Guest 4/27/2014, 9:52 pm

Petra was riding in a red and orange fruit rollup van that was taking her and her friend acacia to the airport. She was about to see her father for the first time in 3 years. Imagine what that feels like. Suddenly, the car screeched to a halt. I wish they had picked better drivers Petra thought nauseously. But when she looked out the window, she saw their 2 story cargo plane. Filled to the brim with fruit rollups and other nutritious-ha! That was a funny joke, no?- fruit flavored snacks. She opened the door of the van and gestured Acacia out.
    OOC: I was planning in monsters attacking them, until I realized that then they would have no way to get to camp or the airport. But don't worry, we'll meet some monsters soon xD
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

Home again Empty Re: Home again

Post by Marceline 4/27/2014, 10:10 pm

Acacia had packed her bags and got ready extra early today. She didn't want to be late. The roll ups van braked and she nearly flew out of her seat. Maybe I could have gotten a taxi. Or they could learn to drive properly. Acacia unbuckled her seatbelt and hopped out of the vehicle.
    Today was a very nice day, not like the other afternoon. Today the sun shone its beautiful rays down on the airport. A few wispy clouds - stratus clouds - floated in the air. The sky looked a very nice blue as well. Planes roared to life and made their way up and down the runway. People drove around in carts - like at a golf place - hauling suitcases in trailers.
    Acacia grabbed her backpack (like the mountain climbing ones) and duffel bags. Inside she packed clothes, bug repellent, mosquito nets, other toiletries and snacks. Loads of snacks. Acacia had piled up a bag of snacks into one of her duffelbags. She had her camera in the snack bag as well. You can't have a trip without a camera. She had her two knives strapped to her thighs, hopefully hidden with mist. She also had a few books and a knife Xeos had given her in exchange for a minotaurs horn.
    She looked at the plane they were about to board. It was a cargo plane, two stories high. She stared at it in awe. It was so huge.
    "Oh, wow." She said. Acacia had been on planes before but definitely not a cargo plane.
    "So, where do we even get in?" She asked. Even though she was a daughter of Athena, there were some things she didn't know.

Post by Guest 4/27/2014, 10:16 pm

"Well that's not a hard question." Petra said, smiling in the warm air. The perfect summer day. She watched as the cargo load opened slowly. "We just walk up there" Petra pointed. "That's also where we'll be parachuting off of." She said. "Because there aren't any runways, were going to jump off the moving plane maybe half a mile from the village." She said. She turned around where no one but acacia would see her and took out her hidden blades. She rolled up the sleeves of her loose long sleeved flannel shirt and strapped them on each arm. She rolled down her sleeves again. "I can't wait!" She exclaimed, and dashed off toward the plane.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/27/2014, 10:23 pm

Acacia listened to Petra as the summery breeze danced through her hair. "What about our stuff?" She asked. "Will we have to parachute them down or something?" She added to her question. Acacia opened up her bag and slipped out a bag of BBQ rice wheels. She opened the packet and ate the rice treats one by one. She had her backpack on her back with her other Twp bags hanging off each arm with her snack in her hands.
    Acacia followed Petra to the plane while waiting for an answer and eating her food.

Post by Guest 4/27/2014, 10:32 pm

"Either we parachute with them or risk losing all of our snacks from a few hundred feet in the air. Your choice, but I'm carrying mine." She replied with a smile. She climbed up into the cargo bay and greeted the pilot. He looked miserable. "Ladies, I'm sorry that you'll have to sit with the cargo, especially you again, Petra. It's just that the company only uses cargo planes, so there aren't any seats. But I wish they hadn't made that decision, so I nailed some folding chairs to the ground and put seat belts on them. It's the most I can do." He said sadly. "Aw, it's okay, Billy. As long as you're flying he plane, it'll be the perfect flight." She said and gave him a light hug, which seemed to cheer him up. She turned to Acacia. "This is Billy, our pilot. He's a great pilot and there will be absolutely zero problems on this flight, pilot's honor." She said proudly with a sarcastic salute. "He's a great person, but he doesn't have too much self respect. But he's awesome at chess when the plane's on autopilot." She said. She saw him blush and mutter,"I'm not that good". Petra climbed onto the makeshift chair and gestured Acacia on.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/27/2014, 10:47 pm

Acacia nodded at her response. She was definitely NOT going to lose her snacks.
    Petra introduced her to the polit who's called Billy. She shook his hand before sitting next to Petra on his chairs. Acacia put her duffel bags under the chair as well as the backpack. She ate the rest of her rice wheels before offering her some. "Do you want some snacks? There's rice wheels, chips, muesli bars, biscuits, strudel, fudge." She listed off all the fiid she could see. Her hand dug into the bag and pulled out apple strudel that was wrapped in plastic wrap. She placed the snack bag between her and Petra before unwrapping the strudel. The pastry of soft and the apple had a small hint of cinnamon. Yum.
    A question popped into her head. "How do they take you home if there is no airport?" She asked. Acacia took another bite of her strudek as the plane came to life and shut the cargo ramp.

Post by Guest 4/27/2014, 10:53 pm

"I'll take a piece of fudge" Petra said, taking a piece out of the container and eating it. "How do they take you home if there is no airport?" Acacia asked. "We hike to the nearest airport which happens to be 173.9 miles away from the tribe" she said, then after a moment of hesitation, she added,"or we take the helicopter home". Mmm, this fudge is good. Petra thought. She ate a few more pieces as the bay door fully closed. Billy walked up to them and said,"I have to get to the cabin now. Tell me if you need anything, and when we go over the ocean I'll turn on autopilot and come back to play chess or something with you guys." He said and walked to he metal staircase and climbed into the cockpit.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/27/2014, 11:02 pm

"173.9 miles? I would rather give up all my snacks than walk that far." She said. That was partially untrue.
    Billy had came to us and said he was going to the cabin. I nodded and smiled when he said he will come back once they were by the ocean.
    Acacia grabbed a piece of white chocolate and peanut cookie. She broke a piece off and savored the sweet goodness. She felt like wearing more but she knew she had to save some for later.
    "So, how long are we staying there?" She asked. Acacia didn't mind.
    OOC: I have no idea how long 173.9 miles is, but I guessed it was loonngg. XD

Post by Guest 4/27/2014, 11:08 pm

OOC: you bet it's long. I've hiked that far before, so I thought id throw that number in. XD
    BIC:" I was thinking 2 & 1/2 days, plus the 32 hour trip there and back." She said. "So about 4 days away from Delphi Strawberry Service" she said, using he code name for camp half blood that all demigods used while being monitored. There had to be some cameras here, plus the black box. "Does that sound good?" She asked.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/27/2014, 11:27 pm

She nidded. It took a few seconds for her brain to realize what Delphi Strawberry Service was. She scolded herself for being so stupid. She nodded.
    "Okay, that sounds good." She said. Since it was going to be a long trip Acacia had more of her cookie.
    "Is there a toilet or a bathroom?" Acacia asked. She hoped there was. She didn't plan on using a bucket, especially if the bucket was knocked over.
    OOC: I think I would kill myself if I had to walk that far XD

Post by Guest 4/27/2014, 11:30 pm

OOC: I did have a knife with me.......
    BIC: "On the plane?" Petra asked. She didn't really understand the question.
    OOC: neither do I XD
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/27/2014, 11:33 pm

Acacia nodded. "Yeah, on the plane... and your town" She said.
    OOC; wow. Short

Post by Guest 4/27/2014, 11:39 pm

"On the plane, of course" Petra replied. "The fruit rollups company is run by humans isn't it? Everyone needs to go from time to time. As for the tribe......that's what holes and trees are for. Get ready to get used to living off the land." Petra said. "No woman likes going in a hole, but sometimes it's the only thing you've got." Petra said.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/27/2014, 11:52 pm

Acacia nodded. "Yeah. Where are the toilets? I don't need to go but for later." She asked.
    OOC: sorry for the short posts. I'm just being super lazy XD

Post by Guest 4/28/2014, 6:51 am

Billy's head popped out of the cockpit. "Down the hall and on your left!" He said as he pointed.
    OOC: everyone's lazy from time to time
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/28/2014, 5:28 pm

Acacia nodded. "Thank you Billy!" She said before turning back to Petra. "He is such a nice person." She said to her.
    She looked around for the first time. There were boxes and crates of rollups fruit snacks. Acacia didn't see why they couldn't have given them a handful of rollups for snacks. Maybe it would be bad for business, Acacia thought.
    "Do you know how your parents met?" She asked. Acacia knew a bit of the "meeting" story.

Post by Guest 4/28/2014, 5:42 pm

"Yeah, he was my first friend out of the tribe. Matthew, the demigod that came to take me to camp(( OOC: yes it is my Matthew)) wasn't really inviting. Mostly antisocial. But billy was nice to me the whole way through." She said.
    "Do you know how your parents met?" Acacia asked. "I wish I did, but I don't maybe I'll ask my dad that." Petra replied. Suddenly she thought of something. "I should teach you how to speak simple Venda!" She said. "That's what we speak in the tribe. Here's a list if simple phrases-" she said and pulled a webpage up on her laptop.
    http://iitranslation.com/m/english-tshivenda.html
    OOC: I'll be speaking Venda in my posts, so you can use google translate or that link.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/28/2014, 5:56 pm

"Yeah. My parents met in an art gallery in France." She replied to her question.
    Acacia looked at the laptop screen. Small greetings had been typed up in English and Venda, feminine and masculine. It wasn't that different from the French Acacia had been taught, how boys and girls say similar yet different things. She nodded before getting a piece of paper and pen to wright them down.
    "I will practice these on our trip." She told her. The words were already going through her mind. "I may need help with the pronunciation but I think I will be fine." She added to her response.
    OOC: OK I will use Google translate.

Post by Guest 4/28/2014, 6:34 pm

"Awesome!" Petra exclaimed. She now opened a box of fruit rollups from a crate nearby and ate one of them. The plane had just lifted off and she looked through one of the two windows in the entire cargo area. They seemed to be a few thousand feet up, and being the best summer day ever, there were no clouds and Petra could see that they were passing over Long. Island. Sound. "Look, there's the strawberry company!" Petra said, pointing out the window and seeing the cabins. She even saw people at Pegasus riding class flying in the air and even Stella's treehouse. "Come take a picture!" She gestured toward the window and made room for Acacia.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/28/2014, 7:42 pm

Acacia ran over to where Petra was. She had quickly pulled out her camera and turned it on. Outside you could just see the "Strawberry Company". People rode on pegasi and you could see some of the Activity arenas. I positioned the camera and clicked the button. Snap.

Acacia had gotten some good photos. Photography wasn't one of her best skills. She gave the camera to Petra for her to scroll through and have a look at the pictures Acacia had taken.
    "I will definitely take some pictures when we land." She said, opening a muesli bar.

Post by Guest 4/28/2014, 8:06 pm

"These are great!" Petra said as she scrolled through the pictures Acacia had taken. She pulled out a pen and paper and after about 10 minutes of looking back at the best photo, she finished the map she was drawing. "Look at this, it's a map of camp" she said. "They should give these out to the newbies of something" she said.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/28/2014, 8:54 pm

Acacia looked at the map. It was almost perfect. "Yeah. Newbies should totally get these. Also planned tours." She added. "We should give these to Chiron, see what he thinks." Acacia added. There would be small things they would have to do, such as printing the maps.
    She ate more of her muesli bar and took her camera back. She scrolled through the photos. Some were of her dad and scenery of France and Italy.
    "I should take you to France one day." She said. Her father wouldn't mind. He was friendly like that.
    "You would love it there. The scenery is astonishing."

Post by Guest 4/28/2014, 9:15 pm

"You'd take me to France?! South Africa is one thing....but France is just....wow. I bet the scenery is awesome. Speaking of scenery, this is where our tribe will be-" she said and pulled up an image on her laptop. "uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park" she said and pointed at the picture.

OOC: Time skip to right before landing?
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 1:12 am

OOC: yep, in your next post.
    BIC:
    acacia looked at the photo. "Wow. That looks amazing." She said. Acacia searched for a photo of Cassis, France. When she found it she showed the picture to Petra. "This is where I grew up.
    Home again 28ls74p
    "The place is amazing. French people know how to cook." Acacia added. She finished her muesli bar and put the rubbish in her bag.

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 6:51 am

OOC: I'll reply to acacia's comment then put ---TIME SKIP---
    BIC:"it's beutiful!" Petra exclaimed. "You can see right through the water!"

---TIME SKIP, ONE DAY LATER---

Billy climbed down the stairs into the cargo room with two parachutes. "Don't worry ladies, these parachutes are triple checked, don't worry at all. " he said. Petra pulled hers on as billy continued. "ALWAYS have the release in your hand. Grab it now, but don't pull." He said. Petra grabbed her duffel bag and backpack. The cargo door began to open. "When I say jump, jump!" He yelled over the extreme wind.

OOC: I'm about to go to school, so you won't see me for 8 hours. (Right now it's about 6:15, and I get out at 2:30)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 7:39 pm