A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Home again

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

Home again - Page 2 Empty Re: Home again

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 7:31 am

Acacia strapped on the Parachute before putting her backpack and snack bag (tightly) on one arm and her other bag on her other arm. She grabbed the release in hr hand but did not dare pull it. The cargo door opened and she waited for Billy to say Jump!. Was she excited sort of. Was she nervous? Yes. Was she scared out of her mind? Hell yeah. But she was willing to do this for her new friend, Petra.
    Acacia instantly regretted eating all those snacks. The wind blew harshly and her heart beat rapidly as she waited for the pilot to say jump.

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 7:50 am

"JUMP!" Billy yelled. Petra jumped out if the back of the plane, and a few hundred feet down, she pulled the release. She bounced up due it the air resistance. She lightly floated downwards. She could even see the tribe from up here!
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 8:17 am

Acacia quickly followed Petra and jumped off before she chickened out. The air rushed through her hair and a few seconds later she pulled the release. She fortunately still had her bags with her.
    She landed with a thud on the ground, nearly landing in a nearby bush.
    "Well that was exhilarating!" She yelled to her, smiling. Acacia unstrapped the parachute and placed her backpack on her back and tied the two duffel bags on her backpack. Yes, it was possible.
    "So where to now?" She asked, packing the parachute away.

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 4:01 pm

"Petra landed a few yards from acacia. She walked over to her and said, "Only a kilometer!" She said. They hiked for about 20 minutes, and as they pushed through a reed bush, she saw the familiar village she had grown up in. Everything looked the same. The houses, the fireplace, everything. But no one was outside. "They're praying inside, while the sun is heigh in the sky" she said.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 5:49 pm

Acacia followed the daughter of Harmonia. She nodded to what Petra said. "Okay, what should we do?" Acacia asked.
    OOC: sorry for the short post. Very tired.

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 7:00 pm

OOC: it's okay
    BIC:Petra started slowly into the village. "We just have to wait outside my father's hut. We must never, EVER interrupt the praying. She found her father's hut, sat cross-legged in front of the highly decorated structure, and motioned for acacia to do the same. "We should be praying also. Today is Greece's national running of he bulls day. A traditional holiday that everyone at camp will be celebrating." She whispered. She silently said a prayer to her mother saying that she hoped everyone was alright. About 25 minutes later, a man came out of the hut. "yiziphi wena uyakwenza lapha?!" The man exclaimed. ((OOC: I had to switch to Zulu because I can't find any venda translators XD)). "me yayo, Petra." Petra replied. Then she knew something that would make him believe it. She switched to Swahili, the language that only she and her father knew in the entire tribe. "je, kutambua mimi, baba?" She asked, here eyes tearing up just at the thought. Suddenly, her father's face lit up. "Petra?ni kwamba?" He asked. "ndiyo!" Petra exclaimed and hugged her father. She suddenly realized that acacia must be feeling left out. "Acacia, this is my father. baba hii ni rafiki yangu" she said and motioned towards each of them.
    OOC: sorry for the late post, it took me forever to translate all this. (This is all on google translate, you should be good)
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 7:12 pm

Acacia followed her to her fathers hut. She also prayed, even though it wasn't her thing, to her mother, Athena.
    --25 minutes Later--
    A man had come out speaking a foreign language. It had frightened her a bit but relaxed when Petra introduced him to her. It was her father.
    "Ngiyajabula ukukwazi." (OOC: I used Google translate so I hope I said "Nice to meet you." in Zulu) She said to him. Acacia didn't quite know what she should do. Shake his hand, bow down. So she ended up standing there awkwardly, waiting for someone to say something.

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 7:34 pm

"Bowing would be best" Petra said, seeing that acacia looked awkward. "My father can speak modern Greek, if that wouldbe better" Petra offered.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 7:46 pm

"Oh, okay." She said before bowing slightly. "Um, yeah Greek could be easier." She added in response to her second statement. Acacia looked around the Tribes area. Mostly mud huts, trees, shrubs, and an old pile of ash.
    "Could you show me around? Whenever you can." She asked. Acacia would need to know where everything is, especially her hut she was staying in.

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 8:00 pm

"Sure!" She turned to her father and said,"θα ήθελε να κοιτάξουμε γύρω μας. i μπορεί να της δείξει το χωριό?" Petra's father replied,"Φυσικά! Είμαι χαρούμενος si taht είστε πίσω. απλά περιμένετε μέχρι όλοι οι άλλοι ανακαλύπτει!" And he gestured around. Petra guessed they were still praying. "We have to be quiet" Petra said to acacia. "The others are still praying". She gestured forward. "We sit there every night and pass stories around-don't worry, everyone here knows Greek. That's where my old hut used to be before the elephant stampede," she lists diff a few other places. Them An idea came into her head. "Do you want to see my brothers, the elephants?" She asked.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 8:09 pm

"I would love to see the elephants." Acacia said quietly.
    OOC: short :(

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 8:31 pm

OOC: eh it's fine
    BIC: "Awesome!" She said and led acacia to the watering hole. It was so good to be home. She saw a few elephants there, and started looking at their ears. They had scars on their ears, each one in a different shape, due to the "blood brother" ceremony. The tribe would tie together an elephants ear and someone's wrist after being cut there, so the blood would mingle. Eventually Petra found her blood brothers. "Bandile!Bheka!" She exclaimed and showed them her wrist. They trumpeted loudly and nuzzled her. They had grown at least twice the size they were when she left. "Acacia, this is bandile and bheka, my blood brothers. I grew up with them as a child. Come meet them!" Petra knew that she might be a little over enthusiastic, but that's how her tribe was. Excited about everything.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 8:39 pm

Acacia followed her to the Elephants. She wanted to take a picture but she knew animals were frightened by the flash. She stood in awe, looking at how huge they were. She missed hr dog Sam. Though a sibling had kindly offered to look after him. She bit her lip. She was nervous to what mighg happen.
    "They are so amazing." Acacia said.

Post by Guest 4/29/2014, 8:45 pm

"We call them the amakhosi, or the kings. They are the tallest things that aren't trees or mountains for hundreds of miles around here." She said. "I'd give you a blood sibling, but this might be the first and last time you come here, so your sibling wouldn't feel good. Our gods disapprove of making any animal sad, so we couldn't let that happen." She said. "But we could ride them for a while, which would be better" she said.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/29/2014, 9:01 pm

"Rude them?" She said. "That will be so fun!" She then added.

Post by Guest 4/30/2014, 7:22 am

"Of course! First we need to find big leaves, and long vines." Petra said and began searching. She found enough for her elephant, and looked over to acacia to see if she had.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/30/2014, 7:27 am

She nodded and went off for leaves and vines. Totally not weird, Acacia thought to herself as she came back with her supplies. She lay them down near Petra.
    "Got 'em." She said with a smile.

Post by Guest 4/30/2014, 4:13 pm

"Okay, now do exactly what I do" Petra said as she put the large leaves on her brother's back. She the. Tied all the vines together and tied the leaves onto his back. "Now we have homemade saddles, so de don't hurt the elephants and they don't hurt us" she said.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/30/2014, 4:34 pm

Acacia copied her actions. Placing the leaves on the elephants back and tying the vines around.
    "Oh cool. " She said once she was done, quite happy with what she had done.

Post by Guest 4/30/2014, 4:57 pm

"Awesome! You probably don't know how to mount an elephant properly, so I'll help you. Stand on my shoulders, and rest on the elephant" she said, and crouched on the ground.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 4/30/2014, 5:53 pm

Acacia stood onto her shoulders before resting on top of the Elephant. "So what now?" She asked, removing her feet from Petra's shoukders .

Post by Guest 4/30/2014, 10:22 pm

"Just a sec-" Petra said. She gently grabbed the elephants ear right where it connected to its head, and did a wild swing and landed perfectly on her brother's back. "Now we go back to the village. The animals will not approach anyone but the person they grew up with, so nobody's seen these guys for years. You're different. I'm more casual around you, but I am extremely respectable to the elders, so they realize that it's okay for you to ride them." Petra said as they approached the edge of the village. People were pouring-well not pouring, there weren't that many members of the tribe- out of the huts and running up to her and acacia. "What's thi-oh. I know" she said. "When I left, they thought I had died. They think I've come back from the dead. " Petra said grimly as she deciphered what the people were saying. "They think we're......Gods."
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 5/1/2014, 2:12 am

She looked at her like wtf?! when she has gotten onto her elephant. "How. In Zeus's butthole, did you do that?!" She said as they began to move. It definitely felt weird, being so high up and sitting on giant leaves and vines. Story of like a moving tree.
    As they come to the village Petra explained about the elders etc. Out of nowhere the tribe began to come out saying things in their language. Petra explained why.
    "Oh, okay." Acacia said. "So where are we going or doing?" She asked.

Post by Guest 5/1/2014, 7:21 am

OOC: you should take that link out of your siggie. Site rules.
    BIC: "That's up to them. Ever see that pirates of the Caribbean movie where the natives of that remote island think jack is a god in human form and want to burn him so he can escape from his fleshy prison?" She asked quickly. "They don't want to burn us. They want us thrown off a cliff. Onto spiky rocks. 300 feet down. " she said, referring to the nearest cliff there was to the tribe. She slowly stood up and walked forward onto the elephants head. "ngiyeke! asikho onkulunkulu! esinawo izinto ongase udinge, kodwa akumelwe umkhulekele nathi. i ngiyithande ufile! i ngiyithande unkulunkulu, kodwa indodakazi ka unkulunkulu ngempela!" she shouted. But she looked around and saw a man that was out of place, in a smooth tuxedo and a fedora hat. She probably shouldn't have said aloud that last sentance, because he smiled maniacally. "Acacia, it's time to go. Follow me" she said and lead her elephant to where the man was. But he dissapeared and threw something at her elephant, which fell down on the ground, asleep.
    Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Marceline 5/1/2014, 7:30 am

Everything happened so fast. From the yelling to the elephant falling asleep. Acacia instantly went into attack mode, her instincts taking over. She as thankful she had left her knives strapped to her thighs because she quickly in sheathed them. The man had disappeared and Acacia jumped down from her elephant, ignoring the pain that flared in her feet.
    She looked around and saw the man to her left. Acacia walked towards him quickly. He threw something but I dodged and tried to slash at him.
    He had disappeared but she luckily turned around in time to deflect a flying object coming towards her.
    "Ugh. What's with this guy?" She muttrred. "Who are you?!" She yelled at him.
    OOC: yeah I'll do it asap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 5:25 am